Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 05:53:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228060 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  2011 U.S. Tour?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2011 U.S. Tour?  (Read 24695 times)
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2011, 08:11:25 AM »

my point is, im guessing Europe was already planned way before the US, so whether they liked it or not, they had to maintain the agreement!

I dont think the US tour was set up at that time. So will they be able to reach an agreement? thats the question.

Also in Europe were not so ticketmaster/livenation dependants... we have other companies selling the tickets, we have stores, post offices etc selling the tickets... i mean... i went to several shows already including GNR, and NEVER EVER i bought a ticket through ticketmaster...

It seems its a bit different in the US and thats why im asking, if there's any alternatives to ticketmaster/livenation?

Oh My God i cant deny this...
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2011, 08:59:24 AM »

my point is, im guessing Europe was already planned way before the US, so whether they liked it or not, they had to maintain the agreement!

I dont think the US tour was set up at that time. So will they be able to reach an agreement? thats the question.

Also in Europe were not so ticketmaster/livenation dependants... we have other companies selling the tickets, we have stores, post offices etc selling the tickets... i mean... i went to several shows already including GNR, and NEVER EVER i bought a ticket through ticketmaster...

It seems its a bit different in the US and thats why im asking, if there's any alternatives to ticketmaster/livenation?

Not that I know of.  I could be wrong, but I've never bought a ticket that didn't come from the TM/LN conglomerate.  I would agree, that could make things a little difficult.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2011, 09:06:20 AM »

Not that I know of.  I could be wrong, but I've never bought a ticket that didn't come from the TM/LN conglomerate.  I would agree, that could make things a little difficult.

Exactly, and a little is being nice, if they dont get a deal done, they wont be able to tour. I hope that's not whats happening due to the lawsuit! It probably is though... so im not expecting a tour at this time.

It would be a perfect timing for an album though...

gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2011, 09:32:15 AM »

well gnr throughout europe again or Asia/australia,South america, Canada isn't a  bad idea...
Us didn't care for gnr last times they were there (Not the fans though they love gnr) just the press over there is damn irritating!
richwoman
VIP

« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2011, 09:53:06 AM »

Not that i know how these things work and i don`t really know how to say it, but i would think if a company as big as ticketmaster were seen to be interfering with any band not just Guns n Roses touring then they would surely be acting illegally. When Azoff bought into ticketmaster there was talk of monopolising the music industry and only promoting bands he had something to do with if that's the case not only does he leave himself open to being sued but also legally it could bring the company down or a vote of misconduct from shareholders.
I think there will be a tour but it might just be festivals i have a feeling they want to or they already have been working on some new stuff  the momentum needs to keep going  ok (just my own opinion peace )
Manets
Rocker

« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2011, 10:02:55 AM »

I don't think Ticketmaster is the problem. Here in Brazil the tickets were sold by Ticketmaster.
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2011, 10:46:49 AM »

I don't think Ticketmaster is the problem. Here in Brazil the tickets were sold by Ticketmaster.

I understand Manets, but that was then... the South American, Asia, Europe tour was already set up! In 2009/2010 im guessing.

The problem is the US tour doesn't seem to be set up.. and thats where the problem starts. Once a tour is set up, both parties have to respect the contract and go ahead with it, which is what happened.

If the tour isnt set up... thats another story... If the US tour isnt set up already... its gonna be really dificult for GNR to set it up through Ticketmaster, considering both parties are in a lawsuit right now.

Azoff can just refuse to have any business with Axl or GNR if he wants to.. its his company.

Which leads me with a bad feeling about the US tour nothing happening at all. Hopefuly im wrong!

bigcash2002
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2011, 10:54:02 AM »

for some reason,  I too think it is odd how long this tour has lasted with zero US dates.  I am not sure the exact reason, however, GNR appears to sell more tix and do much better financially when they tour just about anywhere but the USA
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2011, 11:00:32 AM »

I understand Manets, but that was then... the South American, Asia, Europe tour was already set up! In 2009/2010 im guessing.

The problem is the US tour doesn't seem to be set up.. and thats where the problem starts. Once a tour is set up, both parties have to respect the contract and go ahead with it, which is what happened.

If the tour isnt set up... thats another story... If the US tour isnt set up already... its gonna be really dificult for GNR to set it up through Ticketmaster, considering both parties are in a lawsuit right now.

Azoff can just refuse to have any business with Axl or GNR if he wants to.. its his company.

Which leads me with a bad feeling about the US tour nothing happening at all. Hopefuly im wrong!

That would be a bad move on Azofff's part, would play into the Gn'R lawyers hands by underlining how "he" wants to "control" the band and their business, legit or otherwise. There would also be  restraint of trade issues with a monopoly commission type bodies. My guess would be that they just want to get the details nailed down before issuing dates they can play, rather than scheduals that other would like them to play... ok

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2011, 11:09:05 AM »

That would be a bad move on Azofff's part, would play into the Gn'R lawyers hands by underlining how "he" wants to "control" the band and their business, legit or otherwise. There would also be  restraint of trade issues with a monopoly commission type bodies. My guess would be that they just want to get the details nailed down before issuing dates they can play, rather than scheduals that other would like them to play... ok

Good point Wight Gunner!  ok My question to you is this though, what if Axl is refusing to do business with Azoff now? that could also be the issue, we dont know, after all the damage Azoff tried to do to Axl, i think its a legitimate thought.

Also what if the whole lawsuit is holding up everything?

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2011, 11:57:11 AM »

The Brazilian tour wasn't settled before the end of 2009, which was after Azoff and the band broke up. I don't think there was a contract agreement for this leg - why would Axl claim in the lawsuit that Azoff had gone leaving the tour a mess to deal with?

for some reason,  I too think it is odd how long this tour has lasted with zero US dates.
Well, there was ONE US date at Sturgis. Smiley

wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2011, 12:08:22 PM »

Good point Wight Gunner!  ok My question to you is this though, what if Axl is refusing to do business with Azoff now? that could also be the issue, we dont know, after all the damage Azoff tried to do to Axl, i think its a legitimate thought.

Also what if the whole lawsuit is holding up everything?
That's subjective and wouldn't be an issue IMO, the band do business with organisations not personalities with booking venues and organising ticket distribution, the individuals concerned are more about representing the act/artist and maybe to act on their behalf, the bands current management (ie the Azoff replacement(s)) would deal with this I'd of thought...

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2011, 01:46:25 PM »

Yes and no.

First off, it's not Azoff's company.  The company belongs to the stockholders...and before you poo poo that distinction, it's an important one.

Azoff is the head/CEO of TM, yes, and it's theoretically possible that he could "blackball" GnR/Axl from TM venues (which is most of them)....BUT TM has had serious issues with the Justice Department regarding monopolistic practices, specifically in regards to EXACTLY this type of scenario. There were also some pretty serious conditions to the TM/Live Nation merger (http://articles.latimes.com/2010/jan/26/business/la-fi-ct-ticketmaster26-2010jan26).  It would be AWFUL hard for Azoff to end around GnR, provided they found a promoter willing to do the tour....because if he did, and the JD took notice, he'd put the whole company under the microscope again, incur (potentially) millions in legal fees, and potentially cause the entire company to get broken up into pieces.  That wouldn't exactly endear him to his stockholders, or the Live Nation Entertainment parent company execs. 

He CAN make it somewhat difficult....but again, he he'd have to be VERY careful.  Honestly, he's less "dangerous" as the head of TM than he would have been had he simply stayed the head of his enormous management company.

The question is, though, does GnR want to do business with Azoff.  If the answer is "No", then it's going to be very difficult (but not completely impossible) for them to do a US tour.  Their selection of venues is going to be sparse. AEG would be the best bet..they own about 100 venues (including Staples Center) and are supposed to be (as part of the justice department conditions for merger) able to use TM's software to sell their own tickets.

And remember, Azoff is only the CEO of Ticketmaster...NOT Livenation or Live Nation Entertainment (the parent company of both).
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 01:52:42 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2011, 01:51:56 PM »

That's subjective and wouldn't be an issue IMO, the band do business with organisations not personalities with booking venues and organising ticket distribution, the individuals concerned are more about representing the act/artist and maybe to act on their behalf, the bands current management (ie the Azoff replacement(s)) would deal with this I'd of thought...

Everyone, including Axl and the rest of the band, know that Azoff is at the top of TM.

It's not hard to imagine a scenario where they simply don't want to do business with any entity he's involved with, especially considering the way they parted company.  Yes, TM is a monolithic corporate entity and nobody would be dealing with Azoff, directly (at least, not likely).  But still....we know Axl is pretty "stubborn" when it comes to sticking to what he sees as a principal.  This may be one of those times (or it may not).

I don't know if that's the case...but I actually think it's MORE likely that GnR would balk at dealing with TM than it is that Azoff would risk his career, the principal parts of the company that he's currently working for, and his reputation just to spite GnR.  He has bigger fish to fry, IMHO....certainly more productive ones.

Together again,
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2011, 04:07:40 PM »

I surrender to your well elaborated answer Pilferk, nice job ok

I do think though that the problem of Gnr not wanting to do business with Azoff is more close to reality then the opposite, after all Azoff wants to make money, but still i believe that its gonna be very dificult for them to tour the US without ticketmaster!

axlpwns
Rocker

« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2011, 09:02:30 PM »

LiveNation does a lot of ampitheaters maybe they are doing a summer tour and im pretty sure LiveNation did the Canada tour last year so they sold GN'R tickets recently

11/17/2011 East Rutherford, NJ- IZOD Center
11/19/2011 Hartford, CT- Comcast Theatre
2/12/2012 New York, NY- Terminal 5
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2011, 08:08:55 AM »

I do think though that the problem of Gnr not wanting to do business with Azoff is more close to reality then the opposite, after all Azoff wants to make money, but still i believe that its gonna be very dificult for them to tour the US without ticketmaster!

I speak fluent "corporate" (unfortunately, IMHO). Professional job hazard, I guess. 

Together again,
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #57 on: January 06, 2011, 11:28:27 AM »

I speak fluent "corporate" (unfortunately, IMHO). Professional job hazard, I guess. 

haha yeah  hihi

ckgent
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #58 on: January 06, 2011, 01:24:40 PM »

would love it to be in july, im gonna be in la and vegas, so shows there would suit me.
Street of the Blues
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #59 on: January 06, 2011, 05:41:33 PM »

I think GN'R should do a club tour.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: