Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 11:54:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227669 Posts in 43239 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Ron's statement on GN'R Rumours
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ron's statement on GN'R Rumours  (Read 20952 times)
John
Rocker

...Gone To Hell

« on: February 24, 2011, 12:52:45 PM »

Ron 'Bumblefoot' Thal has released a statement aimed at dealing with the many rumours flying around the GN'R message boards.

On Thursday 24th February 2011, @bumblefoot said:

OK, here's the deal with all the GNR rumors. Some trolls tried to get attention by starting rumors, as they had seen others get. I called a few out on it personally, smacked 'em down and their panties are still all bunched up over it, so they've been going to different GNR fansites, they create an account with an IP scrambler, post these fake stories, and then disappear. They're 1) trying to get me back for bruising their ego, 2) they're trying to mindfuck the *real* GNR fans and make them lose faith in the band and bandmembers they've gotten to know over the years, 3) they saw someone else get a lot of attention in a similar scenario recently, and want some attention themselves, from fans, and from me.

All they want to do is hurt the fans and the band. All the credible GNR fansites see it and have been deleting the silly posts by their own choice. Don't buy into it. Don't stand for it. And don't believe a WORD of it. If the people spreading this would like to come forward and show who they are, I'd be happy to bring them into a courtroom with a libel suit, and if they can prove their statements to be true I'll cover all costs and whatever else. But that wouldn't happen because every word of it is made up and that's why they don't stick around and remain in hiding.

To any news sites that spread the rumors without fact-checking, that'll post anything any sociopath makes up and give it a platform, you need to do better.

To sum it up, I have a life, you have a life, these particular trolls don't - they're just trying to tear us both down, because they're bitter.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke) Don't give these people power, and don't do nothing. Find out who they are, and hold them personally accountable for fucking with you and the band.

OK, back to making music, loving my band, my family, the fans, and looking forward to seeing you all as soon as possible. Smiley

Ron

Leeds Festival - 29/08/10, Birmingham - 17/10/10, Manchester - 18/10/10, Liverpool - 20/05/12, Manchester 29/05/12
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 01:38:09 PM »

Good for Ron.  It must be difficult to just ignore some of this -- and you have to set things straight. yes

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
John
Rocker

...Gone To Hell

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 04:49:39 PM »

Agreed, It's nice also that he's implicitly referring to HTGTH as one of the 'credible GN'R fansites'.

I'm glad that the tidal wave of trolling that goes on elsewhere is nowhere to be seen on this board.

Leeds Festival - 29/08/10, Birmingham - 17/10/10, Manchester - 18/10/10, Liverpool - 20/05/12, Manchester 29/05/12
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 06:18:37 PM »

On days (or nights) like this, it feels good to be a member of this board...

willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 06:26:13 PM »

On days (or nights) like this, it feels good to be a member of this board...

Amen Christos!! I am just glad we have Jarmo and this board to help straighten some of this crap out.

And too Ron. Love ya man. We'll be here to help keep the haters down.

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011, 06:35:59 PM »

Great News!!  I sort of feel gullible for believing this possibly took place Tongue, but we were all victums right?  Anyway good to know we didn't loose our Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal ok

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2011, 06:48:21 PM »

Great News!!  I sort of feel gullible for believing this possibly took place Tongue, but we were all victums right?  Anyway good to know we didn't loose our Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal ok

Yeah actually I think we are just as much as the band is. We have too put up with enough from the trashy media we and the band don't need this shit.

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2011, 07:35:32 PM »

Ron On Fire !!!

Haters = Trolls

hihi rofl hihi

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2011, 09:33:33 PM »

Ron is a class act, and it's great to hear him say this.

libertad
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2011, 04:55:29 AM »

Who is he referring to? out of curiosity...

Msl? or the guys from mygnr that attacked him in a thread?

Oh My God i cant deny this...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2011, 11:59:20 AM »

Who is he referring to? out of curiosity...

Msl? or the guys from mygnr that attacked him in a thread?

I think both.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2011, 01:25:51 PM »

or the guys from mygnr that attacked him in a thread?

Don't think that this kind of people are only posting at that site.

The two faced keyboard warriors who hide behind their user names are all over the place.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2011, 01:30:50 PM »

I am a little confused, what was being said about the band lately that got Ron upset?  He doesn't really specify.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2011, 01:59:25 PM »

I am a little confused, what was being said about the band lately that got Ron upset?  He doesn't really specify.

Basically it's the same shit that happens day after day. But I guess instead of being about the band in general, it was more personal. Trying to create drama that isn't there.

Certain people like to think they know what's going on while in reality they have no fucking clue. So they repeat their made up bullshit as it was the truth in order to get idolized online by those who will believe any lie that others repeat enough times.

There are people who wish to be known as "somebody who knows things about GN'R" when in reality they don't. These people try to guess and assume a lot of things.

They'll try to read between the lines every time a band member says something. Looking for hidden meanings. Even a simple "Yes" can be twisted into meaning "No". Only because it fits their agenda.

I don't care how many times you have listened to a GN'R song, or how many years you've been a "fan", it doesn't make you an expert on how things are. Sorry, it doesn't!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Doofey
Headliner

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2011, 02:08:36 PM »

Someone on another forum started rumor that Ron talks badly about DJ behind his back and is jealous of what DJ makes. Other people reposted that and Ron got upset because it was not true. He confronted those people on that board. One of the people he confronted then got another account where they pretended to be a insider and claimed Axl had fired Ron and was angry with him. It's the same troll that's been trolling that forum for years and has over 90 accounts.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2011, 02:47:59 PM »

Oh ok thanks guys.  Yeah that is really messed up, I don't understand if you are supposedly a fan of band why you want to stir shit up and cause problems for the band.  Its the same as those "fans" who throw stuff on stage.   Its sad desperate people with too much time on their hands who are out to make a name for themselves.  I wasn't even aware of that being said, because this is the only GNR forum i go on because it's reliable and always accurate.  B.S stories get deleted real quick here and that's what I love about it.  This is an "official" GN'R site in my book.
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2011, 02:57:02 PM »

I'm just sorry that Ron had to come into contact with them kind of fans, who troll just for the sake of it. And Ron kept on owning them all, so I guess he was enjoying it. I think it's disgusting that certain sites give a platform for this kind of stuff, and Ron has said something similar recently regarding sites allowing this to happen and so on.

That is why I love this site so much, because no matter how much people complain or moan about getting posts deleted. We all know it's done for the well being of both the fans and the band, nobody needs bullshit being spread when there's no foundation for it.  ok
LordRazZ
VIP

I haven't updated this section in years. Tada.

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2011, 03:38:10 PM »

or the guys from mygnr that attacked him in a thread?

Don't think that this kind of people are only posting at that site.

The two faced keyboard warriors who hide behind their user names are all over the place.

/jarmo

Two faced keyboard warrior....can I use that one, or do I have to add Copyright Jarmo on the end of it....

The last time I edited my signature, I still had ICQ.  That's crazy.
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2011, 04:04:45 PM »

That is a good pen name, not that I would want too use it. lol

westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2011, 12:24:59 PM »

Oh ok thanks guys.  Yeah that is really messed up, I don't understand if you are supposedly a fan of band why you want to stir shit up and cause problems for the band.  Its the same as those "fans" who throw stuff on stage.   Its sad desperate people with too much time on their hands who are out to make a name for themselves.  I wasn't even aware of that being said, because this is the only GNR forum i go on because it's reliable and always accurate.  B.S stories get deleted real quick here and that's what I love about it.  This is an "official" GN'R site in my book.

Cheers to that! And that's because of the excellent work of Mr. Jarmo  yes

This is the only forum I know that's trustworthy.

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: