Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 12:57:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227824 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Stinson 'There's Talk Of Doing A U.S. Tour, But There's Nothing On The Books'
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stinson 'There's Talk Of Doing A U.S. Tour, But There's Nothing On The Books'  (Read 14724 times)
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #60 on: March 01, 2011, 02:37:06 AM »

Other countries seem more into how should I say... those from yesteryear. Its overly generalizing but the proof is out there. Those making comebacks have there biggest successes oversees. Its not just with GN'R. Look at Jackson's This is it tour movie. That shit was for oversees shows... and for a reason.

The difference is those in So Cal. Us old school gunners who were there from day one. Watching our boys tearing through the clubs on Sunset and on through to Stoned in L.A. None of you from different countries can possibly understand. Being on the journey from the very beginning. I can tell you Axl and Gn'R mean a lot to us. Some of the comments from some of you are really kind of offensive to us fans and are downright naive and sometimes moronic. GN'R were forged from our blood and sand and did there battles in our arena's. Nothing can change that fact, and what that means to us here. I dig GN'R so much that I would give it all up for just another album of equal quality to Chinese Democracy. I dig Axl that much. His music had my back growing up. If somehow it meant for whatever reason to Axl that touring in other countries was more fun then here but in return he would have the time to craft another masterpiece and get it to us sooner, I would just say thank you and godspeed. To me his music far outweighs anything else. Just come out and say it.

I would dare Axl to pull a Beatles. I would fucking dare him to just concentrate now on just the music. Really think about it. Sometimes it seems those of you from other countries would go see anyone regardless even if they just came out and did show tunes.

Anyway Axl. I fucking love you man in a totally heterosexual way. I cannot wait for the next album. I would totally respect you for taking one long hiatus from doing live shows and just record as much as possible these next 2 years.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Perfect Criminal
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #61 on: March 01, 2011, 06:20:37 AM »

Love the Spartacus reference Buddha.

I agree that older acts find much more success overseas.  In my opinion that simply means they have better taste.  I am a 40 year old America that was there from the beginning as well and I'm proud that GNR are from the USA.  But I am also jealous that our friends overseas seems to maintain good taste while my own culture turns to pop crap like Spears and Bieber. 

PC
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #62 on: March 01, 2011, 06:39:02 AM »

I agree that older acts find much more success overseas.  In my opinion that simply means they have better taste.  I am a 40 year old America that was there from the beginning as well and I'm proud that GNR are from the USA.  But I am also jealous that our friends overseas seems to maintain good taste while my own culture turns to pop crap like Spears and Bieber. 

PC

Unfortunately, Spears and Bieber are huge successes all over the world. It's not only Americans who listen to them.
I think it comes down to Geography... the USA is huge, with the population spread out over the entire area. In some areas of the country, there will be years before a band plays anywhere people could realistically get to without having to fly. One state is roughly equivalent to an entire country in Europe. So when they play Europe, it's easier for people all over the country to get to any show wherever they play... at most it will take a few hours in a car or on the train. So not only are people in Europe more likely to go to a show for the hell of it, it's pretty easy for them to be able to do so.

It kind of confuses me, because nine times out of ten, when a band tours america they play one date in every state they go to. But a much smaller country like England - where I live - sometimes gets ten shows all over the country.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #63 on: March 01, 2011, 11:03:18 AM »

Spears and Bieber will not be more popular in Europe until 10 years from now when people in the United States have long stopped giving a fuck about them.

AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #64 on: March 01, 2011, 11:14:32 AM »

Really? I suppose the fact that their tours and records are just successful over here as they are in the states is not proof that they're more popular. You really can not compare the fanbase's, as they're both marketed to completely different people... and all kinds of people can be found all over the world. It isn't as simple as "European = Better Taste"... I sincerely wish that this were the case, but it isn't. People in the US get a really skewed impression of the UK and Europe, and tend to believe that their taste in everything is better... probably from all of those commercials that say "The number one product in Europe", when no one in Europe has even heard of the product being advertised.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #65 on: March 01, 2011, 11:38:45 AM »

PC

I never understood this argument.  The pop element has always been there.  Even when GNR were the biggest rock band in the world, New Kids on the Block, Vanilla Ice and MC hammer were still outselling them here in the states.  People act as though Americans being into pop music is a new thing. 
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #66 on: March 01, 2011, 11:53:44 AM »

It's not a NEW thing, but rock has never been as much of a non factor as it is today, here in the US.  This past year there wasn't a single ROCK album in the top 25 albums sold.  I think Kings of Leon was the top rock album sold, coming in at #28.  Pop music was and always has been big, hence the name Popular, but back in the day rock music went toe to toe with pop music for the most part.  Nowadays it isn't even close.  That's the difference.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #67 on: March 01, 2011, 12:09:30 PM »

It's sad but true.
Rock is dead here in the states, but if young bands decided to make good music again, it could make a comeback.
Rock was dead in '87 before GNR breathed new life into it.
Seems like young bands are content making safe, generic, hardly passable for rock, music with no balls.

It's sad that you almost have to rely on reunions of past bands, and the veterans to keep it alive.
There's no one to pass the torch to.

AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #68 on: March 01, 2011, 12:19:16 PM »

It's not dead. It's just not in the mainstream. If it were dead, no one would be playing it, and there are plenty of people making a perfectly good living out of playing it. It just takes more effort for you to find them.
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #69 on: March 01, 2011, 12:26:32 PM »

What I mean is, if there were another Guns N' Roses out there, I'm pretty sure they'd find there way to the mainstream.
I know there are always going to be good bands to be found, and not all of them are going to make it big, but there are very few new bands out there today that excite me.
In fact I can't name any. Open to suggestions though!
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #70 on: March 01, 2011, 01:02:13 PM »

Nikki Sixx just confirmed that SIXX AM are touring in support of Motley Crue this summer...

(someone asked)
NIKKI!!! DO YOU REALISE THAT YOU'VE TOLD EVERYBODY THAT SIXX:AM ARE TOURING THIS SUMMER???

>>Hey Nikki, Will Sixx AM be touring with Motley, Poison and the NY Dolls this summer?
------
Blu..Yes sir....Please dont get there late...The Dolls are not to be missed..Nikki..great night for rock n roll<<

So unless Nikki just formatted his response wrong...DJ seems to be busy.

*EDIT* Nikki confirmed it was a mistake!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 03:10:51 PM by cotis » Logged
richwoman
VIP

« Reply #71 on: March 01, 2011, 01:05:02 PM »

Nikki Sixx just confirmed that SIXX AM are touring in support of Motley Crue this summer...

(someone asked)
NIKKI!!! DO YOU REALISE THAT YOU'VE TOLD EVERYBODY THAT SIXX:AM ARE TOURING THIS SUMMER???

>>Hey Nikki, Will Sixx AM be touring with Motley, Poison and the NY Dolls this summer?
------
Blu..Yes sir....Please dont get there late...The Dolls are not to be missed..Nikki..great night for rock n roll<<

So unless Nikki just formatted his response wrong...DJ seems to be busy.
Bummer!!
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #72 on: March 01, 2011, 01:09:04 PM »

That sucks. Would love to see the Dolls live again, but can't support the rest of that bill.
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #73 on: March 01, 2011, 01:12:22 PM »

If there's going to be a band that does what Guns N' Roses did again, they wouldn't sound a thing like Guns N' Roses, and a lot of GN'R fans would think they're shit. As evidenced by the most successful rock bands of today being labelled as shit... they're doing what GN'R did back in the day, but because they're aimed at the younger generation and not to the generation that got into Guns, they don't sound like them.

There are a lot of Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath fans who hated Guns, too...
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #74 on: March 01, 2011, 01:37:15 PM »

It's not dead. It's just not in the mainstream. If it were dead, no one would be playing it, and there are plenty of people making a perfectly good living out of playing it. It just takes more effort for you to find them.

exactly, it is out there just not as mainstream as it used to be.  Avenged Sevenfold topped the Billboard Chart  last summer and has been playing sold out arena's all over the country, however you wont really hear them on any mainstream stations.  They are able to achieve this because they have a rabid fan base, I have seen them 17 times myself.  The younger bands are there, but they are not embraced by the media.  A7X are one of the only young bands who play GNR, Metallica, Megadeth style hard rock/metal music that are doing so well.  Most of the "rock" bands that do well in this country are Nickelback and Daughtry, who really are just boy bands with guitars.
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #75 on: March 01, 2011, 03:10:02 PM »

Nikki Sixx cleared up his statement from before...

I accidentally responded to a post that SIXX:AM would be on this summer's Motley Crue tour. This is not true....I misread the post. Obviously, you shouldn't go on Facebook before 5 cups of coffee in the morning. :-)
Nikki
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #76 on: March 01, 2011, 03:12:07 PM »

Nikki Sixx cleared up his statement from before...

I accidentally responded to a post that SIXX:AM would be on this summer's Motley Crue tour. This is not true....I misread the post. Obviously, you shouldn't go on Facebook before 5 cups of coffee in the morning. :-)
Nikki

well thats a relief.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #77 on: March 01, 2011, 04:09:22 PM »

(I agree that the lawsuit is probably what's holding up a US tour for Guns more than any of the above reasons, though).

If the lawsuit is holding things up, the trial is scheduled for April 26th.  Hopefully after that's over, we'll hear about the plans. Smiley

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #78 on: March 01, 2011, 04:16:22 PM »

Id say the lawsuit is pretty cut and dry as to why.

as i stated earlier, its hard to do business with someone u are in a court battle with. GNR have to keep the sense of Irving Sabotaging them. U can't exactly walk into a courtroom and claim that if u are currently on a Livenation promoted tour.

I will say I do love European/Japanese fans taste more than US fans. I fucking HATE trend chasers and people who are frontrunners who like whats popular. I dig how European/Japanese fans etc like what they like and fuck everybody else. That has always been my attitude.

when people were buying flannel at the mall, i was still cranking my Bon Jovi,GNR,Kiss and Prince proudly. Fuck trends.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #79 on: March 01, 2011, 06:15:56 PM »

Its weird to think that it is absolutely IMPOSSIBLE for any group/band to sell what Appetite did. It can't happen. Not in today's world where everyone is downloading motherfuckers. Eminem's albums was one of last years great success stories at 2+ million sold and that was a far cry from his earlier albums.

Strange times. But it is a fact that there will NEVER be another rock group then can come anywhere close to GNR in there hay day. It just can't happen. How many albums has Justin Beiber's album sold? 3.2 million copies, and 7 million downloads of one of his shitty songs.

Appetite (18 million +) and the Illusion albums (combined 30 + million) would jump out the fucking window if they only sold as much as Beiber's album has. What the fuck is any future band going to be able to sell. Not much. Its a different world.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: