Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:38:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Stinson 'There's Talk Of Doing A U.S. Tour, But There's Nothing On The Books'
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stinson 'There's Talk Of Doing A U.S. Tour, But There's Nothing On The Books'  (Read 14584 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: February 25, 2011, 02:19:18 PM »

Tommy Stinson was interviewed by WMMR in Philly prior to his Feb. 18th show.  He says when asked about the status of Guns N' Roses:

Tommy Stinson: Ya know, at some point I think it'll go back out again.  I don't really know.  There's talk of doing a United States tour.  But at the moment, there's nothing on the books.  I don't really know -- I'm waiting to hear.  I stay causiously optimistic and guarded about that one because I don't want to be the guy that says, oh yeah, we're going to do blah, blah, blah and then nothing materializes for a year.

He also talks about releasing new solo music in May, The Replacements, touring, getting stuck in London and more.

Audio here: http://www.wmmr.com/shows/matt-cord/blogentry.aspx?BlogEntryID=10206681

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 07:06:21 PM »

I read that as a 'aus tour' then for a second LOL

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 08:24:48 PM »

Summer tours R'being announced..Will GN'R Get in the Ring?
cineater
Legend

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 11:59:37 PM »

We miss you too Tommy and the rest of the guys.  yes

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
richwoman
VIP

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2011, 07:54:28 AM »

As we know anything can happen with this band and we could just get an announcement at any time night or day or maybe as there 1000th tweet thats kind of the fun part of supporting them we get to know when they do ok
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2011, 08:00:04 AM »

Why not going back to Japan or australia,europe/south america.

united states has lost a great deal of respect to that band, sure there are true fans over there and I wish them that gnr is gonna play in front of them but with the status of that band still beint weird over there it makes some sense to tour there, but also sense not to.

The 2009-2010 tour has been amazing for the band and has put the band back at the spotlight to a better light, and they should not bring that down by performing what they do best,,, but they'll be slammed for it.

Axl's late
Axl's plays the same shit day after day.
people leaving.
no new material out
no promotion.
no nothing to support the tour.

I know this post will be slammed by some but I don't mind.

touring Europe/Japan/south america/aus seems to be more logical and they've got better fans over those regions and great times.
they should not waste that by slamming theirselfs to egocentric reporters who have their report of the show ready before it has even begun.
richwoman
VIP

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2011, 08:45:19 AM »

^^ It`s not fare to say cos they get criticism in america they shouldn`t tour there, they had a successful tour in 06 plus Chinese Democracy got to #2 they have loyal fans there, genrally it`s journalists who have to make it a problem because it`s the only thing they can use to critisise Axl with, they can see the bands great the shows great the crowds great and Axl`s great so they use the late starts and the Axl and friends crap just to be annoying.        I hope they do tour America there fans deserve it just as much as us (but i hope they come back to europe SOON) Smiley
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2011, 08:51:17 AM »

No offense to GNRjanus, but please don't slam U.S. fans and project your views of the U.S. Remember GNR IS an AMERICAN band.  I would like to see GNR again in the NJ/NYC area.  I hope the U.S. tour comes about. 
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2011, 09:21:52 AM »

No offense to GNRjanus, but please don't slam U.S. fans and project your views of the U.S. Remember GNR IS an AMERICAN band.  I would like to see GNR again in the NJ/NYC area.  I hope the U.S. tour comes about. 

Draguns, I think GNRjanus makes a good point though.  I am often embarrassed by the state of the average American music fan.  I don't know what the difference is over here, but it's as if the public swears by the media.  Given thumbs up from the media, you're golden...piss 'em off?  You're toast.  Perception is often stronger than reality in this country.
 Sad

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2011, 11:25:24 AM »

Last I checked, GNR are an American band.  It is ridiculous for anyone to say US fans don't deserve to see them.  I'm not saying we are more deserving than other areas but we have sat patiently waiting for the US tour announcement.  If it happens great, but if not nobody should be surprised.  That's what keeps me stuck like glue to this band...the unpredictability.  Either way, anyone who says any area doesn't deserve to see the greatest band ever to exist is simply a cocksucker...so go eat some US cock.

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2011, 12:02:10 PM »

It's easy to make a generalization like that.

In reality things are a bit different.

Of course you'll see a bunch of whiny US "fans" on the Internet. A big chunk of the people who post on these forums are from the US.

But you can't label an entire nation of fans based on them.

There's a quiet majority who doesn't post and doesn't whine about GN'R. Plus the ones who support the band and do post.

It's not fair on anybody to let the loud minority dictate anything.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sandman
Legend

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2011, 12:07:21 PM »

Well sais jarmo.

Also, plenty of bands get slammed by the media. Yes, gnr moreso than most (not all). But f them. Many of gnr's peers get slammed constantly, but have some of the most successful tours in the u.s. GnR will do the same.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2011, 12:55:17 PM »

I of all people am praying for a us tour, I am also aware that it is out of my hands as to if and when this may occur, I have nothing but time, and will be here patiently waiting until that time comes, when it does, excitement will certainly take me over!!

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
DemocracyRose
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2011, 02:28:50 PM »

Nice of Tommy to let us know whats going on in the GNR camp...  Smiley
doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2011, 06:05:02 PM »

I got burned during the 02? tour as I had tix to the Biloxi, MS show that was cancelled a few weeks before the date.  It left a bad taste in my mouth but never caused me to stray from the band.  So, needless to say, I am eagerly anticipating a US tour.  I haven't seen them since '93 and I will, in fact, travel to see a great number of shows if they tour the US.  I need my Axl fix!!!!  Tired of going to see GNR tribute bands. 

Kudos to Tommy for the update, though.

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2011, 07:16:07 PM »

Axl's late<This Sucks, rightfully a complaint
Axl's plays the same shit day after day.<Not a typical complaint. Most bands have a set list.
people leaving.People wouldn't leave if the show started on time.
no new material out<They would be promoting CD. A tour didn't immediately follow the release, so the USA would be getting the end of the tour.
no promotion. <Perhaps there would be promotion, promoting the tour.
no nothing to support the tour. <not sure what this means.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2011, 07:35:35 PM »

Axl's late<This Sucks, rightfully a complaint

Generalization.

Some complain because they have to wait between the opening act and GN'R.

It's called a set change!

If the opening act goes on at say 8:30, you can't expect GN'R on stage at 9:00...

It's obvious to me that some people are looking for reasons to complain. Even if GN'R is on time, they'll complain. Why? Because the show didn't start when they wanted it to start....

If GN'R are scheduled to be on at 10PM, and go on at 9:45, they'll say "the show started late". Because it didn't start at 9PM!

people leaving.People wouldn't leave if the show started on time.

People leave sporting events early too and they start "on time".

Also, this happens at most other concerts too. Not GN'R specific at all.

Some "fans" just like to mention it like it's GN'R specific.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 07:37:26 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2011, 05:04:04 AM »

People leave early for several reasons, the main two being wanting to avoid queue's, and the second being that they've something to do the next day and want their sleep - bless. Neither ain't rock n roll though.

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2011, 03:05:38 PM »

I love how there is no talk of actually recording any material for a new album. Fine GN'R tour don't tour. Just how about work on some new music. Look personally I will see GN'r every time they come to Southern California. Always without exception. It is always a great time. But what I love most about GNR is the music. I have been lucky and have seen GNR at least a dozen or so times live. But as we all know Axl's voice won't last forever. If we want to believe Baz, it is getting harder for Axl to kmaintain his wicked voice for the live shows.

When it comes down to it I would rather Axl saves his voice for new music that will last a lifetime. Nothing better then Chinese Democracy and no tour will ever be as good as a follow up to this album.

How about pulling a Beatles Axl, and concentrate on the music.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2011, 06:16:33 PM »

I think America is spoiled to be quite honest.  They get everything they want whenever they want, especially in music.  There is no doubt that GN'R dont do as well here as they do in other countries anymore.  There is still a lot of negativity around the band.  The American music public is still very pro reunion, that is what most of the rock fans in this country want.  They don't want this band to do well, because they feel that it will force some type of reunion.   No joke, when Duff joined Axl on stage for 2 songs, that got more press in this country than the rest of their whole world tour combined.  People love GNR in this country, but not the way it is now.  Sure there are exceptions like those of us who are here on the boards, but I have about 15 friends off the top of my head who own every GNR album, but I couldn't pay them to go to any of the shows with me in 2006, but they would the first ones on line if it were a reunion show.  So because of this country being close minded, we all have to suffer.  I don't blame the band for not playing here.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: