Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:37:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227821 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Stinson 'There's Talk Of Doing A U.S. Tour, But There's Nothing On The Books'
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stinson 'There's Talk Of Doing A U.S. Tour, But There's Nothing On The Books'  (Read 14719 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2011, 06:33:24 PM »

I think America is spoiled to be quite honest.  They get everything they want whenever they want, especially in music.  There is no doubt that GN'R dont do as well here as they do in other countries anymore.  There is still a lot of negativity around the band.  The American music public is still very pro reunion, that is what most of the rock fans in this country want.  They don't want this band to do well, because they feel that it will force some type of reunion.   No joke, when Duff joined Axl on stage for 2 songs, that got more press in this country than the rest of their whole world tour combined.  People love GNR in this country, but not the way it is now.  Sure there are exceptions like those of us who are here on the boards, but I have about 15 friends off the top of my head who own every GNR album, but I couldn't pay them to go to any of the shows with me in 2006, but they would the first ones on line if it were a reunion show.  So because of this country being close minded, we all have to suffer.  I don't blame the band for not playing here.

Complete Fallacy

GNR did fantastic in big markets. Boston,NY,LA,FLA,Detroit ,Chicago.. They sell out all those shows and do massively well. Now granted, they aren't gonna sell many tickets in Omaha Nebraska but guess what? Don't go to Omaha Nebraska. Stay in the big markets.
To say US fans dont deserve a tour is fucking ridiculous and dumb.

That being said, if i had a choice, I'd prefer a new album and put the CD era to bed. I want to hear an album from this lineup. by far the best of the new lineups.

also, why is anyone surprised that Duff playing gets super huge press? U people do realize that GNR the original lineup are one of the 3 or 4 greatest bands of all time right? so yeah, thats gonna get some major buzz when an original member who people thoguht never would play again joins them onstage. thats pretty big fucking news. Bodhi u should re-read ur sig and reassess urself.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 06:37:01 PM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2011, 07:19:14 PM »

yes and as a fan from then,i do respect old g n r lineup.
but also am very proud of axl today.

the one an only horsey !
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2011, 07:53:09 PM »

I think America is spoiled to be quite honest.  They get everything they want whenever they want, especially in music.  There is no doubt that GN'R dont do as well here as they do in other countries anymore.  There is still a lot of negativity around the band.  The American music public is still very pro reunion, that is what most of the rock fans in this country want.  They don't want this band to do well, because they feel that it will force some type of reunion.   No joke, when Duff joined Axl on stage for 2 songs, that got more press in this country than the rest of their whole world tour combined.  People love GNR in this country, but not the way it is now.  Sure there are exceptions like those of us who are here on the boards, but I have about 15 friends off the top of my head who own every GNR album, but I couldn't pay them to go to any of the shows with me in 2006, but they would the first ones on line if it were a reunion show.  So because of this country being close minded, we all have to suffer.  I don't blame the band for not playing here.

Complete Fallacy

GNR did fantastic in big markets. Boston,NY,LA,FLA,Detroit ,Chicago.. They sell out all those shows and do massively well. Now granted, they aren't gonna sell many tickets in Omaha Nebraska but guess what? Don't go to Omaha Nebraska. Stay in the big markets.

That being said, if i had a choice, I'd prefer a new album and put the CD era to bed. I want to hear an album from this lineup. by far the best of the new lineups.

also, why is anyone surprised that Duff playing gets super huge press? U people do realize that GNR the original lineup are one of the 3 or 4 greatest bands of all time right? so yeah, thats gonna get some major buzz when an original member who people thoguht never would play again joins them onstage. thats pretty big fucking news. Bodhi u should re-read ur sig and reassess urself.

In going with this theme...

if GNR did a Rammstein-type tour like they are doing in May - it would be a huge success IMO.

Rammstein is playing (1) date in the following markets:
New York, Montreal, Toronto, Chicago, Edmonton, Seattle, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, and San Francisco.

If GNR did one date in the following markets:
New York, Miami, Los Angeles, Seattle, Las Vegas, Dallas, Chicago, Atlanta, Denver, and Minneapolis.

That's a perfect 10 date run for the USA. Not to mention you can find dates in NON-Live Nation/TM venues and sell tickets independently or even through other services as TicketFly and avoid the whole Live Nation/Azoff mess.

ok
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2011, 08:45:43 PM »

I think this talk about U.S. fans not deserving a tour is absurd.  If you are an American saying this, you should be ashamed of yourself.  I would love to see this lineup in concert. This is the best of the new lineup.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2011, 10:00:48 PM »

Complete Fallacy

D, where in my post did I say that I feel this way?  Where did I say that U.S fans dont deserve a GNR tour?  I was talking  public perception of the band in this country.  The media especially only reports on the band if A. there is reunion talk or B. Axl shows up real late and pisses off a bunch of people.  They only focus on things detrimental to the band in its current state, therefore I dont blame GNR for not  chomping at the bit to play here.

D, you said I should reassess myself, explain.  I never said anything negative about the band past, present or future.  You also said my post was a "complete fallacy", explain that one as well.  Are you telling saying you know my friends better than I do?

My point was GNR is not treated fairly in this country, either by the media or majority of rock fans.  You are going to tell me otherwise?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 10:09:52 PM by Bodhi » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2011, 10:58:17 PM »

U are acting like US Fans aren't supportive of GNR etc.

Let me ask all u GNR fans a question:

When was the last time a US fan hit the band with bottles of piss?

When was the last time US fans booed like crazy?

So lets get over this European love fest and only fans outside of the US love this band. Its complete bullshit.

U do realize GNR sold over 600 thousand copies of Chinese Democracy in the US. if u check the numbers of albums these days here, especially ROCK cds, that is pretty fucking good. throw in the lack of promo, no hit single/video/tour and best buy exclusive... that is a pretty phenomenal amount.

u may get the occasional where's Slash thing here but honestly, the person screaming that probably is the one redneck that honestly didn't know Slash wasn't in the band. yes Im being serious. there are actually people in the US who don't know. I know plenty of people who are pretty shocked when i tell them there is a new lineup.

Bodhi u act like u forgot the entire firs tparagraph of your post. did i misread that? if so.. i don't know how else i am suppose to interpret that.

People here don't purposelly want them to fail,but i can't blame any GNR fan for wanting to see the original lineup one more time. its no disrespect to the new band.. hell as i mentioned ,they are one of the 3 or 4 best bands of all time.  Its like saying u wouldn't wanna see a Zep reunion or a Floyd reunion. doesn't mean people don't still support Roger Waters or David Gilmour. but they'd like to see it as a fan.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2011, 11:13:05 PM »

So lets get over this European love fest and only fans outside of the US love this band. Its complete bullshit.

Not complete bullshit.

Some elements are wrong, yes.

It's pretty simple. Most of the English speaking fans on the Internet, as well as the English speaking media, are based in North America.

The vocal minority often gets noticed first. The ones who scream the loudest.

What you can't deny is the fact that in many places, that aren't the USA, people are less concerned about what's "cool". Sorry if that offends any of you US fans.

It's my personal impression of how things seem to be.

I also find it funny that you feel offended about these remarks posted by Bodhi. To me you come across as a good example of what he was talking about.

One minute you're all supportive, and the next you're not.  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2011, 11:46:21 PM »

What you can't deny is the fact that in many places, that aren't the USA, people are less concerned about what's "cool". Sorry if that offends any of you US fans.

Before I get offended lol, what do you mean by "what's cool"?

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2011, 12:20:05 AM »

Before I get offended lol, what do you mean by "what's cool"?

Follow trends.

Or decide what's cool and what's not based on the media's opinion.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2011, 12:28:23 AM »

agreed with Jarmo, is it any wonder they haven't played the US yet?

they need to BRAND CD big time, as well as the band or at least release some music video(s) or a new song, something/anything.

USA is all about image/whats hot now, that much is obvious.

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2011, 12:40:06 AM »

Thats actually a huge misconception. I always Support GNR, Don't always agree with certain things, but that isn't necessarily being "unsupportive."

I'm never going to, regardless of what band i worship, swallow everything they say or do just because. If I don't agree with something I'm going to let it be known. I'm that way with everything be it a band,family member, friend.. Just because i love something, doesn't mean i always have to agree with everything or love everything.

See my FB post to Bon Jovi slamming them for their outrageous hypocritical ticket prices.

or see my Slash post after the the Super Bowl or Grammys etc.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 12:46:40 AM by D » Logged

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2011, 12:40:53 AM »

Follow trends.

It seems we're talking about three things here.  The fans who attend shows, people who post on the message boards, and the media.

At the show I attended in 2006, GNR went on shortly before midnight.  Everyone sat quietly and waited for the show to start -- when it did, they were cheering and singing along so loudly at times I could barely hear Axl sing.

I guess I just don't like to see sweeping generalizations regarding U.S. fans.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2011, 12:44:37 AM »

Follow trends.

It seems we're talking about three things here.  The fans who attend shows, people who post on the message boards, and the media.

At the show I attended in 2006, GNR went on shortly before midnight.  Everyone sat quietly and waited for the show to start -- when it did, they were cheering and singing along so loudly at times I could barely hear Axl sing.

Agree completely Monkey.

Remember that whole incident in Ireland and how pissed Irish fans got when people were on here doing what they do in regards to that?
same here. sure some places maybe, but I don't remember GNR ever having a problem in the big markets here. Tell me if i am wrong please. but they sold out Boston,Detroit,Chicago,New York etc. no bullshit, those small market cities in the middle of nowhere, i guarantee u, some don't know there is a new band. So they fully expect to see whats on the inside sleeve of Appetite.

I would imagine ,Axl would want to tour here but I'd say that whole lawsuit with Irving is probably holding that up.

sandman
Legend

« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2011, 08:10:31 AM »

there's over 300 million people in the U.S. so yeah, think of any generalization about people, and in some respect, you'll find it in the U.S. nothing surprising there. i'd even venture to guess that in much smaller countries, you will find segments of people that are heavily focused on "what's cool."

also remember, although the media has alot of power and influence, that doesn't mean everything they report is true.

another obvious example is metallica. they have been anything but cool in the last 10+ years. they have been ripped in the media, criticized EXTENSIVELY by their fans (yes, all bands have fans that are negative), and were even spit on by a "fan." if you listened to the vocal haters, you would think they couldn't sell out anywhere. yet they have massive success.

here's a question....in what countries did Chinese Democracy sell better than in the U.S.?

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2011, 10:27:48 AM »

Follow trends.

It's my personal opinion. It's not true for everybody in the USA. Of course not.

Just like it's not true that everyone in Germany loves the Hoff!  hihi

/jarmo

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2011, 10:43:01 AM »

I'll agree that the US for the most part has a horrendous taste in music.  Rock is dead, at least in a contemporary sense.  All that pop crap rules the airwaves.  But, established rock acts can, and do still tour successfully in the US.  They toured the US in 2002 and 2006 without any glaring incidents (outside of the Philly show that didn't take place).  And the shows sold fairly well, for the most part.  Not like South America obviously, but decent, especially the large markets.  In the meantime, I've heard PLENTY of stories of unruly fan conduct from other countries they've played in.  I've read PLENTY of harsh reviews from other countries. 

So stop with the, the US doesn't respect GNR and the rest of the world does.  I don't buy it.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2011, 10:43:35 AM »

Follow trends.

It's my personal opinion. It's not true for everybody in the USA. Of course not.

Just like it's not true that everyone in Germany loves the Hoff!  hihi

/jarmo

Are you sure about that jarmo, he seems to go down a storm there. It might be everyone's duty in Germany to listen to the Hoff as soon as they can walk.  yes
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2011, 11:33:16 AM »

The fact that there hasn't been in a US tour has less to do with ticket sales and more to do with every venue being owned by LiveNation which is owned by Azoff. These same venues are gonna have no tolerance for not taking the stage until 11 pm. Also, the last 2 US tours ended with a bunch of canceled dates.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2011, 11:43:23 AM »

I don't think it has much to do with "what's cool". I think it's fans expectations.
Guns N' Roses is a great band. In my opinion, very few can put on a show like these guys.
That doesn't change the fact that it's an entirely different group of musicians than the band people grew up with. They just happen to share the same name and lead singer.
It's a new band, that is unfortunately asked to live up to the legacy of another's.
Most people I know were underwhelmed to say the least with Chinese Democracy, and the 12 or so friends that I convinced to go to the live shows were there to hear the classic material.
I was the only one of my friends excited to hear Street of Dreams live for the first time.
Obviously Chinese Democracy made some new fans of GNR.
The sooner some fans let go of their unrealistic expectations of what other fans should think, the sooner they will stop being disappointed.
This is the same situation as any band. I pretty much jump at any chance I get to see a band, or a member of that band live. A lot of people do, but most people don't.
I saw the lead guitarist of the Rolling Stones in a place that holds maybe 500 people. They are arguably the biggest rock band of all time. If it was the full lineup, fans would come out in droves.
So I don't think it's "what's cool". It has more to do with the fact that they were never a fan of this latest lineup to begin with, so it's unrealistic to expect them to buy tickets to see a band they were never a fan of. If the original lineup went on tour, fans of the original lineup would come in droves, and you can pretty much say that about any band.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2011, 11:55:55 AM »

not to speculate, but I'd imagine the lawsuit definitely has to have a big role in this. If GNR book a tour with Livenation and Irving, does it sort of hurt their case cause Irving could say "See, we are doing business with GNR, so obviously we weren't hurting them"

I'd rather Axl win the lawsuit than tour here, but I just hope we never have another one of those quiet/dry spells we went through pre Chinese Democracy. I can understand taking some time off from this very successful/great tour they just completed, but I hope there are at least some preliminary plans in place for either another tour or possible album.

I really do love this lineup of GNR, its pretty documented that I didn't care for a previous guitar player, but DJ really solidifies this lineup and was definitely the missing link imo.So i definitely want to hear what this lineup can do musically on a cd.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: