Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:21:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Steven Adler Returns To Celebrity Rehab Season 5
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Steven Adler Returns To Celebrity Rehab Season 5  (Read 37592 times)
Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2011, 08:19:06 PM »

STEVEN ADLER In New Season Of 'Celebrity Rehab With Dr. Drew': Premiere Date Announced - June 7, 2011

VH1 has once again partnered with Dr. Drew Pinsky for a fifth season of the hit reality series "Celebrity Rehab With Dr. Drew". Similar to the first four cycles, the fifth season will follow the real-life experiences of celebrity patients undergoing detoxification and treatment at The Pasadena Recovery Center. This season will follow Michael Lohan (celebrity dad), Sean Young ("Blade Runner"), Dwight "Doc" Gooden (baseball star), Amy Fisher (Long Island Lolita), Steven Adler (GUNS N' ROSES), Bai Ling ("The Crow"), Jessica "Sugar" Kiper ("Survivor"), and Jeremy Jackson ("Baywatch") on their quest for sobriety. "Celebrity Rehab With Dr. Drew" is set to premiere Sunday, June 26 at 9 p.m. on VH1.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=159087

hihi Amy Fisher...guaranteed Train Wreck.   I guess Adler is going for weed and booze.  Will be interesting to see if he can actually quit that.  I doubt it though, since he hangs with Chip Z Nuff.   
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2011, 03:39:20 PM »

A New Crop Of Celebrities Fights For Sobriety In The Celebrity Rehab 5 Supertrailer

On Sunday, June 26 at 9 p.m. ET/PT, a brand new group of celebrities seeking the help of Dr. Drew Pinsky will move into the Pasadena Recovery Center on a search for sobriety on Celebrity Rehab 5.

In this supertrailer for the fifth season of the show, celebrities including Michael Lohan, Amy Fisher, Dwight Gooden, and Steven Adler move in, and find out who among them is ?dying to use,? which celeb falls off a roof, and try to figure out what Shelly Sprague is talking about when she says ?This is the most ridiculous thing I?ve ever seen in any season we?ve ever had.? As Dr. Drew explains, ?Addiction has become the disease of our time,? and hopefully he?ll make an impact as these eight celebrities try to overcome their demons.

Video: http://blog.vh1.com/2011-06-15/a-new-crop-of-celebrities-fights-for-sobriety-in-the-celebrity-rehab-5-supertrailer/

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2011, 11:38:09 PM »

Dr Drew is such a piece of shit parasite.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2011, 12:01:26 AM »

Steven Adler = clown shoes
Street of the Blues
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2011, 09:23:02 PM »

Do you honestly think so?

You don't think his message is doing any good to users who might be watching his show?
Axlfanatic
Rocker

« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2011, 08:46:29 AM »

You don't think his message is doing any good to users who might be watching his show?

I agree- although it may be "cool" to bash Dr. Drew, it is real rehab & I've learned quite alot watching the show ahout the rehab process & what addicts go thru as I'm sure many other people have as well.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2011, 01:21:58 PM »

absolutely not.

No addict is gonna watch a show and have a huge epiphany and quit

hell most the addicts ON the show don't quit.

its exploiting once famous people and paying them to expose themselves on National TV and then they use THAT money to buy drugs once they get out and acquire another run fame wise.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2011, 01:23:11 PM »

I agree- although it may be "cool" to bash Dr. Drew, it is real rehab & I've learned quite alot watching the show ahout the rehab process & what addicts go thru as I'm sure many other people have as well.

also, i never say anything to appear "Cool" on this forum for the past 7 years or however long.. people may agree or disagree but i can guarantee what I post is 100 percent how i feel.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2011, 01:25:49 PM »

what turned me off was the big Mike Starr thing... Mike had terrible days where he was at his lowest moments and didn't want to be on camera. IF they cared about Mike, they would've taken the camera off him but NO, ratings would not allow such a meltdown to happen in private. they put the SHOW and RATINGS above the well being of the patients.

I understand they have to film for a TV show, but some moments, the patients should be allowed to request no filming.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2011, 01:16:28 AM »

absolutely not.

its exploiting once famous people and paying them to expose themselves on National TV and then they use THAT money to buy drugs once they get out and acquire another run fame wise.

I don't know, I can see both sides of the argument.  Do I think it's the most effective way of getting treatment?  Absolutely not.  Most celebrities seem to do it for the fame and fortune foremost and getting better is secondary.  And while the Mike Starr's and Jeff Conaway's have passed in recent years, others have seemed to have benefited from the "treatment".  So I don't think you could label it as completely useless.  Hell, Mike Starr was even brought back the following season as an example of someone who was doing well after being on the show. 

And I have never been drawn to drugs myself, at least in a serious sense, but seeing Steven Adler high searching for his room and unable to stand.  That right there was enough visual evidence for me to never try smoking heroin, or anything of the like.  Chances are pretty good I wasn't going down that path anyway, but that sealed the deal.  I can't say how other addicts may have felt about seeing something that dramatic, but it's possible it could've had a similar effect.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 01:18:01 AM by faldor » Logged

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Street of the Blues
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2011, 05:53:33 PM »

Former UFC champ Ricco Rodriguez's appearance on Celebrity Rehab, helped a good friend of mine confront his demons.
Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2011, 08:02:47 PM »

absolutely not.

I don't know, I can see both sides of the argument.  Do I think it's the most effective way of getting treatment?  Absolutely not.  Most celebrities seem to do it for the fame and fortune foremost and getting better is secondary.  And while the Mike Starr's and Jeff Conaway's have passed in recent years, others have seemed to have benefited from the "treatment".  So I don't think you could label it as completely useless.  Hell, Mike Starr was even brought back the following season as an example of someone who was doing well after being on the show. 

And I have never been drawn to drugs myself, at least in a serious sense, but seeing Steven Adler high searching for his room and unable to stand.  That right there was enough visual evidence for me to never try smoking heroin, or anything of the like.  Chances are pretty good I wasn't going down that path anyway, but that sealed the deal.  I can't say how other addicts may have felt about seeing something that dramatic, but it's possible it could've had a similar effect.

Yea seeing Mike Starr and Leif Garrett, and Tom Sizemore on there made me never want to mess with heroin.  Sometimes it seems to be glorified in the rock scene, but this shows the harsh reality of being addicted.   I also like the bond that the celebrities form with eachother while they are there.  I doubt most of them would be able to afford a real rehab anyways, plus it makes them feel like they have a little bit of fame again,  it really can encourage them if they take it seriously.   I think there have been a few positive stories like Rodney King.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2011, 08:52:01 PM »

im not necessarily saying it doesn't work for some BUT it is exploitation and Dr Drew getting rich and famous off other's diseases.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2011, 12:27:58 PM »

The celebrity rehab 5 intake sneak premiere's full episode has been posted.

Video: http://www.vh1.com/video/celebrity-rehab-5/full-episodes/intake-sneak-premiere/1666117/playlist.jhtml

Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2011, 07:41:05 PM »

I watched it last night...pretty funny.   The only thing most of these people are addicted to is "fame".  Amy Fisher is pretending to be an alcoholic, when she is obviously just a social drinker.   Same with Bia Ling pretty much too...she is kind of cute though.  It's like "oh my god I got too drunk a few times...I'm an alcoholic!" lol   Also, Jennifer seems like she is laughing when she is supposed to be crying( I forgot how annoying she is).   You'd of thought Steven Adler was the devil when he made his appearance lol  It's a shame about Hobie being on there...I thought he learned his lesson from that episode of Baywatch with the drunk stunt biker.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2011, 11:20:26 PM »

I watched it last night...pretty funny.   The only thing most of these people are addicted to is "fame".  Amy Fisher is pretending to be an alcoholic, when she is obviously just a social drinker.   Same with Bia Ling pretty much too...she is kind of cute though.  It's like "oh my god I got too drunk a few times...I'm an alcoholic!" lol   Also, Jennifer seems like she is laughing when she is supposed to be crying( I forgot how annoying she is).   You'd of thought Steven Adler was the devil when he made his appearance lol  It's a shame about Hobie being on there...I thought he learned his lesson from that episode of Baywatch with the drunk stunt biker.
Amy Fisher has some major issues that go much deeper than alcoholism.  And I just knew that her husband (Lou Bellera) would get himself involved somehow.  He's been on The Stern Show with Amy a few times and he always gets into heated discussions with callers defending his wife. 

Sounds like Bai Ling had some pretty difficult times growing up as well, as far as abuse goes.  And Steven certainly didn't come off too well in the first episode without even appearing.  I thought he was doing well, but apparently he got back on the sauce, possibly among other things.  And I agree, Jennifer seemed a little over the top calling Steven a monster, but she's entitled to her opinion.  If that's how she really feels, you can't really argue with her.

Hobie, good lord, he had a laundry list of steroids that he was taking.  Stuff they give to cattle pre-slaughter!  What in the hell would drive you to take something like that?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2011, 11:47:15 AM »

You'd of thought Steven Adler was the devil when he made his appearance lol 

Cheesy

Steven Adler causes a panic on 'Celebrity Rehab' season premiere

Former Guns N' Roses drummer Steven Adler created quite a stir on last night's season opener of Celebrity Rehab. Upon hearing that the troubled drummer was checking in again, rehab technician Jennifer Gimenez had a panic attack, stating, "He's just a monster to me."

http://www.examiner.com/classic-hard-rock-in-national/steven-adler-causes-a-panic-on-celebrity-rehab

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2011, 12:05:14 PM »

That fuckin' Jennifer chick is such a drama queen. I swear that's the only reason she's on the show. She doesn't have the first clue what she's doing when it comes to helping anyone.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2011, 11:41:27 PM »

Steven Adler isn't mentioned in this, but Jeremy Jackson was on The Howard Stern Show earlier this week.  He says "Celebrity Rehab" was great for him and helped him out a lot, among other things.  Like smelling Pamela Anderson's swimsuit back in the "Baywatch" days, looking at her editions of "Playboy" and pleasuring himself.  Your normal run of the mill stuff.  hihi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrIhJ0YSCQw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRRjSThaS40&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7wA6KCt73w&feature=related
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 11:43:24 PM by faldor » Logged

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2011, 12:59:29 PM »

Episode 2 "Detox":

http://www.vh1.com/video/celebrity-rehab-5/full-episodes/detox/1666687/playlist.jhtml

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: