Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:28:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Steven Adler Returns To Celebrity Rehab Season 5
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Steven Adler Returns To Celebrity Rehab Season 5  (Read 37593 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2011, 07:40:57 PM »

Yeah that Jennifer chick has no business doing this job. she is too thin skinned for the position

My point on the exploitation aspect... Amy was clearly having a bad day so just fuck off for a bit camera men.. but NO they have to antagonize her to get the drama for ratings sake. they put that over the patient's health.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2011, 12:31:35 AM »

I have a real hard time feeling sorry for Amy Fisher.  Usually I feel bad for all these people for all they've been through, and put themselves through.  But I can't find it within me to feel an ounce of compassion for Amy Fisher.  She never seems to want to take any of the blame for what has happened in her life and she never wants to talk about what happened when she was 16.

I'm sorry honey, but if you didn't shoot someone in the head when you were 16, no one would know who the hell you are.  So either get ready to talk about it, or go away and stay out of the spotlight.  There's just something wrong with her being on any show with the word "Celebrity" in it.

Oh, and you could see Steven apologizing to Jen a mile away.  That sure didn't take long.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2011, 08:12:28 PM »

Who would have thought that Adler would be outspoken and unsympathetic towards Amy Fisher?   hihi  Seriously, though, this season is really hard to watch.  I just don't really care about most of these people.   Even Adler is kind of coming off bad, I thought he was a little out-of-line towards Amy Fisher.  Sean Young is really boring for some reason, and half of the other cast didn't even speak last night.   

Oh and I wish someone would pay me $50,000 to quit pot lol
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2011, 09:29:10 PM »

I find myself fast forwarding to the Steven parts.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2011, 11:18:55 PM »

Who would have thought that Adler would be outspoken and unsympathetic towards Amy Fisher?   hihi  Seriously, though, this season is really hard to watch.  I just don't really care about most of these people.   Even Adler is kind of coming off bad, I thought he was a little out-of-line towards Amy Fisher.  Sean Young is really boring for some reason, and half of the other cast didn't even speak last night.   

Oh and I wish someone would pay me $50,000 to quit pot lol
Agree about Steven being a bit too harsh with Amy Fisher.  I am no fan of hers, but there've been plenty of people on that show that refuse to admit they have a problem.  She's hardly the first, and I'm sure that goes on in rehabs all over.  Steven seems to have some pretty huge mood swings.  One minute he can the happiest, easiest going guy in the world and the next minute he's the "monster" that Jen describes.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2011, 10:32:04 AM »

I get the feeling that Steven is an easy guy for the producers to push buttons with. Most of these shows are borderline scripted. He's their go-to drama king.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2011, 12:02:01 PM »

Steven Adler has a meltdown on 'Celebrity Rehab'

Steven Adler to Amy Fisher: "I cannot believe for one bit that that you shot somebody in the head and you went to a jail that was as nice as this or nicer than this!" an outraged Adler exclaimed. "I can't believe that! Because no jail is this nice."

In a later group the rehab patients were going around the circle, each addict identifying as an alcoholic or an addict - a key component of treatment. Fisher declined to do so, saying, "I'm just listening right now . . . I just don't have anything to contribute right now."

"You wouldn't be here right now if there was nothing wrong," Adler challenged her. He then told counselor Shelly Sprague, "If she doesn't have a problem, she shouldn't be here. Why the h*ll is she here in a f**king rehab then?

"It's wasting your time and our time," he continued, adding, "I guarantee you the things she's done, I've done - except for shooting somebody in the head." Sprague deemed that a step too far, asking the drummer to leave the group and return to his room, while Fisher sobbed, "He just hates me, and I never did anything to him!"

Sprague tried to comfort Fisher, telling her she was doing all right as a newcomer to the process. That didn't sit well with Adler, a rehab veteran. "Don't lie to her!" he yelled. "Don't say she's doing all right! If she doesn't say anything, she's not gonna get better!"

Sprague again asked him to return to his room, while a visibly distraught Fisher cried, "Why does he hate me? I can't stay here, I'm going to have to leave."

Full episode: http://www.vh1.com/video/celebrity-rehab-5/full-episodes/triggers-and-regrets/1666934/playlist.jhtml

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2011, 09:10:16 PM »

I'm sure it will all be resolved next week with a crocodile apology and a hug (like always) lol   I love how monotone Dr. Drew sounds when Michael Lohan was describing prision, and Dr. Drew is just like ''oh my gosh!" in a really plain voice.   Then next week you hear him "God dammit, Steven!" hihi
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 08:57:35 PM by Trist805 » Logged
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2011, 02:21:24 PM »

Steven Adler, Jennifer Gimenez and Will Smith were interviewed on the O. Brown show about Celebrity Rehab.  Of course Steven got in a plea for a reunion at the end of the interview.

Celebrity Rehab Stars on The O.Brown Show (Steven Adler opens up)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSblLjnn2AU

Steven Adler Drum Solo on the O.Brown Show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbLq0U4y3kw

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=124743957612882&set=a.106376079449670.18939.106207046133240&type=1&theater

Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2011, 10:32:57 PM »

Steven Adler, Jennifer Gimenez and Will Smith were interviewed on the O. Brown show about Celebrity Rehab.  Of course Steven got in a plea for a reunion at the end of the interview.

Celebrity Rehab Stars on The O.Brown Show (Steven Adler opens up)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSblLjnn2AU

Steven Adler Drum Solo on the O.Brown Show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbLq0U4y3kw

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=124743957612882&set=a.106376079449670.18939.106207046133240&type=1&theater

rofl  oh yea, I forgot that one of the counselors' names is Will Smith.  hihi
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 10:34:42 PM by Trist805 » Logged
Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2011, 07:43:08 PM »

Even though Adler was a dick again to Amy Fisher...I still thought he was really sweet to that family who lost their son.  You could see his face while they were talking, and you could tell that Adler related.  I'm glad he was finally looking at it from the outside, this time, cuz he could have met the same fate.  Dwight Gooding is pretty sweet too, I'm rooting for him.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2011, 08:23:52 PM »

I see where steven's coming from.. if u are trying to get clean and be honest.. its hard to be vulnerable when one asshole is being closed off.. it kills the entire open vibe of a situation.

its like being at a concert or sporting event and u get stuck in a row with a bunch of cocksuckers who dont stand dance or sing or cheer or what not.. u feel kinda stupid if u do.

Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2011, 06:06:06 PM »

I think there have been a few positive stories like Rodney King.

Doh!  Time to eat crow. 

Jul 13, 2011 ? MORENO VALLEY, Calif. -- Rodney King has been released on bail after being arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence.

Some ppl just don't learn.  If I were that cop, I would have beat his ass again. lol
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2011, 11:44:26 PM »

I see where steven's coming from.. if u are trying to get clean and be honest.. its hard to be vulnerable when one asshole is being closed off.. it kills the entire open vibe of a situation.

its like being at a concert or sporting event and u get stuck in a row with a bunch of cocksuckers who dont stand dance or sing or cheer or what not.. u feel kinda stupid if u do.
I can understand his frustration, but like the counselors and other patients keep saying, she can't be forced to admit she's got problems.  She has to do it on her own time.  And she DID it, once Steven left the room.  It's obvious the 2 of them aren't going to get along.  I'd like to see if Steven would act the same towards a Dennis Rodman, who refused to admit he had a problem till near the end of rehab.  It's easy to yell and scream at a weak and insecure woman like Amy Fisher.  It's unbecoming of Steven to do so.  Focus on yourself first.

Though I do agree with you about the concert analogy.  I went to see Def Leppard/Heart the other weekend and the section we were in SUCKED!  Everyone hated us because we were up throughout the whole show having the times of our lives.  You're at a rock show!  Get off your ass!

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #54 on: July 20, 2011, 12:36:05 AM »

I guess with Rodman, he was on a show with some Grade A fuckups... and i guess alcohol compared to what those people were doing seemed very very mild..

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #55 on: July 20, 2011, 07:44:58 PM »

I guess with Rodman, he was on a show with some Grade A fuckups... and i guess alcohol compared to what those people were doing seemed very very mild..
Yeah, but I don't think Amy Fisher is any more of an addict than Rodman was/is.  She's basically an alcoholic with some pills mixed in.  I'm sure Dennis did more than JUST drink with all his partying.  Now don't get me wrong, Amy Fisher's problems go much deeper than her addiction, but I don't think it's right for Steven to get on her for failing to admit she's an addict.  Most addicts deny at first, and some take longer than others to come to grips with it.

And again, she actually did admit to being an addict once Steven made her cry and he left the room.  At this point, she just wants to piss him off.  And we know Steven can be very irritable.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #56 on: July 20, 2011, 09:09:43 PM »

I honestly think steven was hired and paid to come in as a mole just to stir up ratings.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #57 on: July 21, 2011, 12:06:02 AM »

I honestly think steven was hired and paid to come in as a mole just to stir up ratings.
That could go both ways.  Steven could've coaxed his way back onto the show to keep his Q rating high, and in turn the show could use him because he was such a memorable "star" the first time around on the show.  It doesn't seem like Steven is in very bad shape.  I was surprised when it was announced he'd be back on the show because I thought he was doing so well.  I'm not saying he didn't relapse with marijuana, and I know once an addict, always an addict.  No amount of rehab can be too much.  But "Celebrity" Rehab seems like a convenient excuse for many "celebrities" to "get help".  How many times has Seth "Shifty" Binzer been on the show?  Not really a show you WANT to have a recurring role in.  Yet some people do.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #58 on: July 21, 2011, 03:25:19 PM »

Celebrity rehab Ep. 4, Triggers and Regret.

http://www.vh1.com/video/celebrity-rehab-5/full-episodes/triggers-and-regret/1667288/playlist.jhtml

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #59 on: July 26, 2011, 02:48:23 PM »

The latest episode:

Celebrity Rehab 5

Ep. 5, Wreckage from The Past

http://www.vh1.com/video/celebrity-rehab-5/full-episodes/wreckage-from-the-past/1667847/playlist.jhtml

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: