Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:15:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227808 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash: 'Nothing Is Going To Happen With VR For At Least A Couple Of Years'
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash: 'Nothing Is Going To Happen With VR For At Least A Couple Of Years'  (Read 19711 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: April 13, 2011, 01:25:32 PM »

Slash was interviewed by Vorterix while on tour in Argentina.  He says this regarding Velvet Revolver's future:

Slash: What happens is with Velvet Revolver, when we parted ways with Scott Weiland -- I was so frustrated because Scott was such a pain in the ass.  And I thought ya know I just wanna sorta have some quiet time and just write some music -- and then the idea of writing the solo record came out.  And in the mean time, no new singers for Velvet Revolver, that were really good enough for Velvet Revolver have popped up. So I just started working on the solo record and put it out and went on the road.  But the whole time very conscious of who was going to sing for Velvet Revolver -- but know one has turned up.  So in the mean time I just keep doing what it is that I do.

So ya know with Velvet Revolver, it's like Duffs got his own thing, I've got my thing, Matt's got his thing.  If a great singer comes and says I want to sing for Velvet Revolver and we all go yeah, we'll make a Velvet record.  But I can do my own thing -- I don't have to go back and do that.  Unless it's good enough to do it, you know what I mean.

So next year I definitely will make another Slash record with Myles Kennedy -- and go on tour.  So at least for the next couple of years nothing is going to be happening with Velvet Revolver -- that I can see because I'll be focused on this.  And after that's over if something happens -- I'm not really concerning myself with it right now.  We had all these different guys try out, all really good singers -- but nobody has fit the thing so, ya know, I have to move on.

[Regarding Corey Taylor] Because of the social networking, the way information gets out so quickly now.  We did work with Corey Taylor, as soon as that rumor, next thing you know everybody is saying Corey's the new singer.  All we were doing was just rehearsing with him, trying him out -- auditioning him so to speak.  So in order to do that, our process is we take a lot of music we wrote and we give it to him, and he writes his lyrics and he comes in and we just perform it and record it.  It's just an audition process.  So he did come in and do all that.  But I just wasn't -- it just didn't seem to fit right to me.  And he's great and I love Corey, but it didn't seem like the answer the Velvet Revolver problem.

Video interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lwe_1L64S9A

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 01:33:09 PM »

Oh my god, are you fuckin kidding me or what.  hihi

So after all of the headline after headline of "The singer will be announced soon", it turns out that it could be another 2 or 3 years before anything happens.

It sounds to me that Slash is sick to his back teeth of VR, and so does the rest of the band to be honest. They can't agree on a singer and have probably clashed and fell out alot over the issue of a singer. Remember Matt saying in an interview that he thought someone was perfect, and then he sarcasticly said that someone disagreed (Slash).

If this is true and it takes a few years for them to get their act together, no one will give a shit about VR, especially the general public. So if they do decide to start up again, they need to change the damn band name, and start from scratch.  Tongue

What a joke VR is.  yes
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 01:34:56 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 01:41:14 PM »

Oh my god, are you fuckin kidding me or what.  hihi

So after all of the headline after headline of "The singer will be announced soon", it turns out that it could be another 2 or 3 years before anything happens.

It sounds to me that Slash is sick to his back teeth of VR, and so does the rest of the band to be honest. They can't agree on a singer and have probably clashed and fell out alot over the issue of a singer. Remember Matt saying in an interview that he thought someone was perfect, and then he sarcasticly said that someone disagreed (Slash).

If this is true and it takes a few years for them to get their act together, no one will give a shit about VR, especially the general public. So if they do decide to start up again, they need to change the damn band name, and start from scratch.  Tongue

What a joke VR is.  yes

Slash wants nothing to do with VR anymore and I've thought that for awhile now. They missed the boat with Corey if they have had another opportunity. Everyone can officially put that band to rest now. And before anyone gets their shorts in a knot about it....they weren't exactly changing the face of music anyway. Great first album and they should have called it a day after that.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 01:42:06 PM »

Shame.  I think we should eliminate this VR board and just add topics to the general ex-members board at this point.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2011, 01:47:38 PM »

Shame.  I think we should eliminate this VR board and just add topics to the general ex-members board at this point.

Yup. Kind of a shame because Loaded has never really grabbed me and I'm not really stoked about Slash doing a whole album with Myles Kennedy. Here's hoping GNR get something else out soon.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2011, 02:06:14 PM »

I won't loose any sleep waiting for the new Slash album, I would have preffered another Slash 2 with various singers, Myles is kind of generic  sounding to me...but props on Back to Cali...good tune, Starlight, i really can't stand it, one of the few tracks i skip on Slash's album.
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2011, 02:17:20 PM »

Great news if you ask me. VR was over the day Scott left.
It would be a joke to force something that isn't there. I never saw Corey Taylor as this match made in heaven.
I think people underestimate the lack of talented singers/frontmen out there today to pick from, especially the caliber Slash and Duff are accustomed to playing with. Why pick someone just so that you can keep a band name alive that most people aren't going to accept anyway?
They don't have to look any further than another band they were in to get a feel for the reception they'd receive.

I'm looking forward to the Slash and Myles record, as his solo work blows both VR's albums out of the water in my book.
If VR reforms at some point, I'm all in, but not losing any sleep in the meantime.

One suggestion, get Izzy involved with the Myles album.
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2011, 02:22:18 PM »

I won't loose any sleep waiting for the new Slash album, I would have preffered another Slash 2 with various singers, Myles is kind of generic  sounding to me...but props on Back to Cali...good tune, Starlight, i really can't stand it, one of the few tracks i skip on Slash's album.

I might have preferred various singers as well. Even if it was the same batch as the first round. I think he and Cornell can do much better than Promise.
I'd love to hear more with Stockdale, as By the Sword is one of the best rockers I've heard in years. I'm still in shock that there is an Ozzy song from 2010 that I enjoy.

But on the flip side, this should make it a more consistent, band sounding album which could be cool.
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2011, 02:53:58 PM »

Nothing to worry about. VR was great, but Scott Weiland was a huge part of it, and as long the situation is Scott+STP, Duff+Loaded it's really great. New Loaded album rocks! And really, Matt can make a good solo record too. If Slash want to keep the solo thing going, nothing to worry about. All ex- and current Guns n' Roses members make good music on their own, and as long as they don't work together it means we will get a lot of great music.

How cool wouldn't it be to have a festival with this line-up? Bumblefoot love, Tommy Stinson, Loaded, Slash, Izzy Stradlin, Pisser, Hookers N Blow, The Compulsions, Gilby Clarke, Adlers Appetite, Matt Sorum(or maye Camp Freddy?), Buckethead, Whatever Robin Finck is up to, Sixx AM (?), and the ones I forgot......and the Headliner(guess who Grin)

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2011, 04:29:39 PM »

I think that was Duff and Matt announcing their choice, Corey Taylor.  But Slash makes it clear he doesn't think Corey is a good fit for Velvet Revolver.

No new singers for Velvet Revolver, that were really good enough for Velvet Revolver have popped up.

I don't know who that could be.

I have to move on.

So this may just sum it all up.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2011, 04:56:39 PM »

Well at least one of them has finally said it. Sad
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2011, 05:52:00 PM »

Yeah, so jarmo, I think we are all agreed that the VR thread should be moved or eliminated all together. Because whatever we discuss about Slash, Duff and Matt for the next couple of years, it's going to be about them as individuals and not apart of VR.  Shocked

And judging by Slash's comments, it could be the final nail in the coffin for VR, so it's time to stop treating VR like it still exists or is somehow still relevant.  Tongue
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 05:54:45 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
Hudson
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2011, 07:52:43 PM »

Ease up with taking down the VR section. If you do not want to come to this section don't bother. We did not take out the GNR section while Axl was looking for musicians for GNR. 
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2011, 08:01:10 PM »

Ease up with taking down the VR section. If you do not want to come to this section don't bother. We did not take out the GNR section while Axl was looking for musicians for GNR. 

It's not the same though, and it's not as if the VR section has been active the last 2 years either, let's face it.  rofl

The thing is, is that Slash has stated that VR could be inactive for a further 3 years, which means any Duff, Matt or indeed Slash news is going to get reported in the VR section. But come to think of it, I would still rather those members news be posted seperately from Buckets, Izzys or Robins news. So I suppose it's best left the way it is, it's just that I don't see the purpose of the VR sub section being called VR.

But what will be will be, I'm just fustrated by Slash's blatant disregard for the VR situation while he's off pissing around with Myles.  rant
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 08:02:51 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2011, 08:04:30 PM »

Thank God we have you around to tell us how everything should be.
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2011, 08:12:45 PM »

Thank God we have you around to tell us how everything should be.

I wasn't the first person in this thread to talk about disolving the VR section, so I don't know why you have that view.  Tongue

I actually also stated that I'm against disolving it, so I'm not trying to change anything.  Cheesy

But I do find it fustrating for Duff, Matt and Dave. As I'm sure they weren't expecting the hatius to stretch up to 5 years. But Slash has decided that he runs VR, and his opinion is the only thing that counts.

I just hope this extended break does not put any strain on the VR members relationships with each other, as things can't all be rosey if it's taken 3 years (so far) to sort the situation out.  Undecided
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2011, 08:43:55 PM »

It's not the same though, and it's not as if the VR section has been active the last 2 years either, let's face it.  rofl

The thing is, is that Slash has stated that VR could be inactive for a further 3 years, which means any Duff, Matt or indeed Slash news is going to get reported in the VR section. But come to think of it, I would still rather those members news be posted seperately from Buckets, Izzys or Robins news. So I suppose it's best left the way it is, it's just that I don't see the purpose of the VR sub section being called VR.

But what will be will be, I'm just fustrated by Slash's blatant disregard for the VR situation while he's off pissing around with Myles.  rant

dude seriously, on a GNR forum u are gonna talk about something being active/inactive? GNR were inactive for 6 years 2 different times!

it doesn't matter how inactive someone is, they are still a great band most of us enjoy discussing.

Scott is irreplaceable though.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2011, 08:53:46 PM »

dude seriously, on a GNR forum u are gonna talk about something being active/inactive? GNR were inactive for 6 years 2 different times!

it doesn't matter how inactive someone is, they are still a great band most of us enjoy discussing.

Scott is irreplaceable though.

That's the thing though, the VR section is to discuss Velvet Revolver. But we are going to be posting Loaded, Camp Freddie, Myles Kennedy and Slash's Album news all in it. Isn't that defeating the purpose of the section?, anyway I'm leaving it at that.  Tongue

And yes, I agree, Scott was VR.  yes

Him, for me made that band, even more so that Slash. So that's why I strongly feel that they should instantly change the band name, if they decide to reconvene in the future.  ok

« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 08:55:41 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2011, 01:15:36 AM »

To me, that says VR may be done.  Nice run, but probably done.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2011, 10:11:26 AM »

Forgive me for being the cynic here, but maybe Slash has no interest in VR because he knows that by doing his own thing, even if only half as popular, he'd be doing better financially than if he were part of a band that had to share revenues?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: