Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:45:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  BUY Product
| | |-+  MYGNR
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: MYGNR  (Read 87696 times)
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2011, 04:19:05 PM »

This was pointed out on MyGNR.

Eric said in his original "closing" statement, that it was about more than just the money, that the lack of support, even animosity, from the GN'R camp played a role.

But, now, an anonymous donor offers to cover the costs, and suddenly Eric wants to continue for the foreseeable future.

Doesn't that imply that it was in fact ALL about the financial concerns if the moment the financial concerns are relieved, Eric decides he wants to continue with the forum?

Ali

As always Ali, you perceptions are correct.

Mygnr(forum) has always been a maverick forum, but it needs to be protected as it is a(n) historical gnr forum.

Eric needs to act in a manner which protects the website and moves it forward. If that means taking a step backwards, then so be it.
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2011, 09:20:38 PM »

This was pointed out on MyGNR.

Eric said in his original "closing" statement, that it was about more than just the money, that the lack of support, even animosity, from the GN'R camp played a role.

But, now, an anonymous donor offers to cover the costs, and suddenly Eric wants to continue for the foreseeable future.

Doesn't that imply that it was in fact ALL about the financial concerns if the moment the financial concerns are relieved, Eric decides he wants to continue with the forum?

Ali

As always Ali, you perceptions are correct.

Mygnr(forum) has always been a maverick forum, but it needs to be protected as it is a(n) historical gnr forum.

Eric needs to act in a manner which protects the website and moves it forward. If that means taking a step backwards, then so be it.

I don't think it's just a matter of taking a few steps back, people are truely baffled as to what has happened, simply because of Eric's own original message. He listed and stated several things, in which he attacked GN'R for. And the issue of funding the site, was maybe a 20% issue, and then there was 80% of attacking GN'R, and saying that GN'R should me much more, but they currently aren't.

He really did sound like a troll, who was just announcing he is no longer supporting GN'R, and is deleting his account. (Not much different at all, come to think of it. It's just that, this was the damn Admin. hihi)

And now because someone offers to pay the site costs, all is forgotten and nothing is mentioned of it ever again.

Not as simple as that, and while I'm at it, why was the mygnr mods and users all for UKsubs taking over. Wasn't that the guy who never posted for like 2 years and deleted his own account, because of the same negative reasons Eric's whole "resignation letter" was talking about.  hihi

So yeah, what a jokerant
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 09:29:02 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2011, 06:29:00 PM »

Im all for forums having freedom of speech and the right to debate *intelligently* different aspects of band stuff.

For instance, i think some fans bitching about GNR late start times is valid. So as long as it isn't bashing, that topic can be intelligently debated which it has been here.

what shouldn't be allowed is what goes on there with the constant trolling,just made up malicious rumors etc for the sole purpose of hating on the band and trying to cause problems.

Worst thing Axl ever did was confront fans/Madison on there

cause all that did in the end, was make hundreds of trolls make it their life's mission to get a response from Axl. They want to be bashed,cursed,ranted on by Axl so it didn't solve the problem, it made it worse. its sick and twisted but for some wretched humans,that would be the highlight of their lives to have Axl come at them like he did Madison.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2012, 08:13:10 PM »

I don't have an account there, but I do check out the message board from time to time.  When I tried just now, it said I have to register to view the board.

What's up with that? Huh

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
svdv22
VIP

This is not a piano falling out of the sky

« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2012, 04:33:03 PM »

Why does that website still look like 1996? I mean it's cool in someway, like a screenshot of it on the website's history page. But it's 2012 now :p

Gunsguy
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2012, 07:54:03 PM »

I don't have an account there, but I do check out the message board from time to time.  When I tried just now, it said I have to register to view the board.

What's up with that? Huh

We are changing servers, it is temporary adjustment for technical reasons.  Will be back up shortly
cineater
Legend

« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2012, 11:32:58 PM »

Participating in the Internet blackout?

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Gunsguy
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2012, 07:57:13 AM »

Participating in the Internet blackout?

Funny timing I suppose right?  Nothing to do with it but interesting day to move servers Smiley
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2012, 05:42:39 PM »

Why does that website still look like 1996? I mean it's cool in someway, like a screenshot of it on the website's history page. But it's 2012 now :p

I totally get what your saying here, alot of that website looks like it hasn't been updated since 96-7. The only thing that seems to change over there is the forums content, even the forum look and layout seems dated to me.

Thank god we have HTGTH.  Smiley
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2012, 02:52:56 PM »

I totally get what your saying here, alot of that website looks like it hasn't been updated since 96-7. The only thing that seems to change over there is the forums content, even the forum look and layout seems dated to me.

You still aren't getting +1 - nice try ok
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2012, 04:54:39 PM »

You still aren't getting +1 - nice try ok

Cotis, I know you are probably half having a laugh with that comment, but that really is my true thoughts. I've never been a big follower of that site anyway, I even prefer CD.com over that site. But HTGTH is definitely the best GN'R forum out there, and I think it shows by everyone looking at this site first for clarification on news, etc.

I think even people on other forums, still hold this site as the premier site for news, or information in general. Then they go back to their respective forums, to bitch or moan about what they have found out here. Because let's face it, that's all they ever seem to do over there is whine on about how "hard done by" they are.

(this is my 2nd try, how did I do)  Grin hihi
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 04:57:02 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2012, 04:24:15 PM »

What's up with that? Huh

We are changing servers, it is temporary adjustment for technical reasons.  Will be back up shortly

Are you still working on it?  When I try now, I can get to the main message board page, but I get the following messages...

Protected Forum
You do not have permission to view this forum
You are not signed in

Maybe it's just me. hihi

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2012, 01:02:29 PM »

@Gunsguy - OK, I'm still getting the "Protected Forum" thing when I try the message board.

Do you have to register now to view the forum?

el_loko
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2012, 02:39:56 PM »

What happen to MyGNR? It's shows 'Account Suspended'...
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2012, 04:52:09 PM »

yeah I was wondering if I was banned for some weird reason or something  Tongue
eragon
Rocker

« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2012, 03:58:53 AM »

Down again
Jester
Headliner

« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2012, 08:22:26 AM »

Down again

and pretty much 12 months to the day that it nearly went down for good...    Shocked
Crashdiet
Banned
VIP

'Absolutely'

« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2012, 01:35:04 PM »

anyone know about why mygnr "account is suspended"?

Check out www.myspace.com/ashjonesmusic
Its me and my songs

Saskatoon, Sask Place March 16 1993

New York, Hammerstein Ballroom
May 12, 14, 15, 17
Axlashba
Opening Act

« Reply #58 on: April 22, 2012, 03:49:40 AM »

i usually go there for my daily gnr fix but when i try it says "account suspended" ?? is the site still there ?

please dont delete this thread as i am just asking a question !

not sure what to say :/
eragon
Rocker

« Reply #59 on: April 22, 2012, 06:29:29 AM »

anyone know about why mygnr "account is suspended"?

Maybe somebody forgot to pay the bill?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: