Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:50:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  BUY Product
| | |-+  MYGNR
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: MYGNR  (Read 87691 times)
UK SUBS
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #80 on: September 02, 2013, 08:40:31 AM »

The forum has gotten a lot better since UK Subs and Highvoltage took over.
But of course there's still idiots on there trying to ruin it for everyone else with their hate and negativity, fortunately they can now bitch in a section created especially for them called "Attitude". That way those of us who are positive and wanna discuss the current band can do so without having to look at their bitching Smiley

I disagree.  UK Subs and HV are very immature and have caused Team Brazil a lot of grief.  This isn't the same MYGNR from 5 years ago.  That place is toxic.  If I ever want to be insulted because I love the new band, that's where I will go. 

How am I "very immature" please explain? Smiley
Siamese Democracy
Rocker

« Reply #81 on: September 02, 2013, 09:52:42 AM »

First of all, you allowed people to get bullied there for over a year.  You kept on a very similar staff of familar MyGNR mods like HV, Zint, and Powerage?    What was the point of buying the site if you were gonna use a similar recipe to Romano?   Instead of a fresh start, you brought back the same mods that were ruining the site in the first place.   I can't tell you how many times I saw vile insults go for 5 or 6 pages after promises their would be changes.  Wishing people death, among other really personal insults it doesn't take a rocket scientist to put an end to it.   How you didn't fire one mod after all that is beyond me.  If someone cant do a job right after a year you fire them.  I say immature because HV seems to be someone with an expensive toy who doesn't know how to work it.  This site fits me so much better.  The posters respect each other and my son can read concert reviews without the toxicity and the insults towards GNR management.  If I were you UK Subs, I would revamp the entire mod team and do a relaunch.  HV does a great job with the technical stuff. But he just isn't cut out to be admin.  When the mods can't control their forum you have to look at the owner of the site to lay the blame. 
UK SUBS
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #82 on: September 02, 2013, 10:02:51 AM »

First of all, you allowed people to get bullied there for over a year.  You kept on a very similar staff of familar MyGNR mods like HV, Zint, and Powerage?    What was the point of buying the site if you were gonna use a similar recipe to Romano?   Instead of a fresh start, you brought back the same mods that were ruining the site in the first place.   I can't tell you how many times I saw vile insults go for 5 or 6 pages after promises their would be changes.  Wishing people death, among other really personal insults it doesn't take a rocket scientist to put an end to it.   How you didn't fire one mod after all that is beyond me.  If someone cant do a job right after a year you fire them.  I say immature because HV seems to be someone with an expensive toy who doesn't know how to work it.  This site fits me so much better.  The posters respect each other and my son can read concert reviews without the toxicity and the insults towards GNR management.  If I were you UK Subs, I would revamp the entire mod team and do a relaunch.  HV does a great job with the technical stuff. But he just isn't cut out to be admin.  When the mods can't control their forum you have to look at the owner of the site to lay the blame. 

I appreciate your answer. Still not sure why I'm labelled "immature" but still.
The site has dramatically changed since I bought it from Eric, although I admit I made some mistakes in my first 6/9 months, namely a lack of directive -- HV is a first class admin and someone I consider a friend so I would not even consider the thought of changing him. The mods generally do a very good job also.

Look it gives members a different perspective than htgth, I guess the numbers do the talking  peace
Siamese Democracy
Rocker

« Reply #83 on: September 02, 2013, 08:31:19 PM »

The numbers?   You paid for the numbers.   You didn't do anything but pay for the site.  ok   Paid for a site that insults a GNR lead guitarist when he visits.  Doesn't make a ton of sense.  I am glad you are friends with HV.  Please allow him to continue to be admin too.  I'd rather stay here where real fans congregate. 
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 08:34:07 PM by Siamese Democracy » Logged
UK SUBS
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #84 on: September 02, 2013, 11:11:05 PM »

The numbers?   You paid for the numbers.   You didn't do anything but pay for the site.  ok   Paid for a site that insults a GNR lead guitarist when he visits.  Doesn't make a ton of sense.  I am glad you are friends with HV.  Please allow him to continue to be admin too.  I'd rather stay here where real fans congregate. 

Erm nope. It's just had it's most successful 12 months since it's opening in 2001. Maybe that's just a coincidence rather than anything I did hey!?  ok
Yeah, BBF's visit wasn't our main highlight I'll give you that one. IM glad you like it here -- that's what makes life so good don't you think? There's a forum for everyone. Plenty of "real" fans at mygnr too my friend trust me.
dolphins
Rocker

« Reply #85 on: September 03, 2013, 12:11:57 AM »

Erm nope. It's just had it's most successful 12 months since it's opening in 2001. Maybe that's just a coincidence rather than anything I did hey!?  ok
Yeah, BBF's visit wasn't our main highlight I'll give you that one. IM glad you like it here -- that's what makes life so good don't you think? There's a forum for everyone. Plenty of "real" fans at mygnr too my friend trust me.

What happened with BBF over there? Did he cop a lot of abuse & if so why? He's a nice guy with a great sense of humour & I don't get how he can be insulted, then again lots do that don't deserve it just because they don't agree with others.
UK SUBS
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #86 on: September 03, 2013, 09:08:41 AM »

What happened with BBF over there? Did he cop a lot of abuse & if so why? He's a nice guy with a great sense of humour & I don't get how he can be insulted, then again lots do that don't deserve it just because they don't agree with others.

The short version is BBF tweeted in an aggresive manner to a member of our forum (he was a fan and was asking for updates or something I cant even remember), anyway BBF took offense and when that member posted the chat on the forum BBF came to explain that he was fooling around. I was out of town and without question, we managed it really poorly -- I take responsibility in that at the time (I think it was only months since the takeover) I hadn't directed the team as well as I could and should have done.  There are those who think BBF came onto the forum in a 'damage limatation' mode but personally I dont agree -- Regardless, the way he was spoken to by a couple of members was not a good moment for our forum, I totally accept that.

Since then, BBF has had a couple of convo's with HV and he's been totally cool with us Smiley
Estranged85
Rocker

Why must it drift away and die?

« Reply #87 on: September 12, 2013, 10:53:12 AM »

But of course there's still idiots on there trying to ruin it for everyone else with their hate and negativity, fortunately they can now bitch in a section created especially for them called "Attitude". That way those of us who are positive and wanna discuss the current band can do so without having to look at their bitching Smiley

I disagree.  UK Subs and HV are very immature and have caused Team Brazil a lot of grief.  This isn't the same MYGNR from 5 years ago.  That place is toxic.  If I ever want to be insulted because I love the new band, that's where I will go. 

Well, I did make that post over a year ago. I haven't posted on MYGNR in over a year either. I got fed up with the constant bashing of the current line up of GN'R and all the personal attacks I got my way for being a female who supports the current line up. I have no plans to ever return to that forum again.
bionic568
Opening Act

« Reply #88 on: September 17, 2013, 06:04:00 PM »

How am I "very immature" please explain? Smiley

Noone needs to explain what you're all about subsy. Complete and utter troll at it's finest. You have allowed racism, biggotry and all the nasty crap on that toilet of aplace you call a gnr forum. You are the toilet of guns n roses fan forums. Please leave here noone wants you here, you're an idiot along with Zint the bint and Low wattage, however the other mods are pretty cool.
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #89 on: April 01, 2014, 12:53:22 PM »

mygnrforum got hacked? Cheesy

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #90 on: April 01, 2014, 03:48:27 PM »

between them becoming a Peal jam board and the mysterious silence over here today....its certainly an odd day in GNR land! haha

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #91 on: May 09, 2014, 09:55:46 AM »

between them becoming a Peal jam board and the mysterious silence over here today....its certainly an odd day in GNR land! haha

It was a great april fools prank! Really well put together.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #92 on: June 12, 2014, 07:11:18 PM »

There's a definite goofball factor over there.  No question.

But...I don't know.  The place is fun.  Really, I laugh there more than anything else.  Now, if you are a person that is going going to flip the fuck out when anyone makes a joke, yeah, you aren't going to have a good time. 

But funny is funny, I say.  Some of it's gallows humor, sure.  Or making light of certain things that seem to go on with this band.  But at the end of the day, most of them are fans.  Sometimes, fans get frustrated.  It happens.

The diehard reunionists, yeah, they can't be helped.  I just skip over their stuff.

But, ultimately, we're talking about a rock band here, folks.  We're not solving the world's problems.  I think that gets lost in translation sometimes.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #93 on: March 19, 2015, 03:40:00 AM »

Enough of seeing this faker here
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: