Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:45:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Positive review for Steven's new album!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Positive review for Steven's new album!  (Read 4428 times)
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« on: November 20, 2012, 08:38:20 PM »

http://heavymetal.about.com/od/cdreviews/fr/Adler-Back-From-The-Dead-Review.htm?r=facebook

The part about Steven not being the greatest drum technician is bullshit, but the review for the album itself is good!
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 01:36:16 AM »

Steven Adler has drunk the last chance saloon dry too many times to screw it up again. No longer a walking disaster area or warning about the perils of excess, Adler has made an album that isn?t only vastly superior to Chinese Democracy, but perhaps better than anything Slash has put out with Myles Kennedy. Yeah, it?s really that good.

Wow...  Shocked

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 01:22:40 PM »

Steven Adler has drunk the last chance saloon dry too many times to screw it up again. No longer a walking disaster area or warning about the perils of excess, Adler has made an album that isn?t only vastly superior to Chinese Democracy, but perhaps better than anything Slash has put out with Myles Kennedy. Yeah, it?s really that good.

Wow...  Shocked

So let me get this straight, this writer is suggesting that Adler's record is better than "Chinese" and also better than Slash's last record which also happens to be better than "Chinese"?  So Adler>Slash>Chinese is that right?

The real question is how many needles this guy and Steven have been sharing.  That review is so stupid it hurts.
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 01:25:31 PM »

To be fair, it's a heavy metal website, and out of Chinese Democracy, Apocalyptic Love and Back From The Dead, it's only the last one that can even come close to being heavy metal.

As for me, it's nowhere near the complete disaster that I was expecting, but I won't be adding it to my record collection any time soon.
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2012, 01:50:09 PM »

Steven might not be a good drum technician, the man does know how to carry a groove... he'll get your feet tapping and his drum arrangements are always great - he doesn't use the 'standard' beats he makes them fit totally around the riff and his use of the cymbals is also pretty cool, original Cool

I had high hopes of this album after hearing 'The One That You Hated' and 'Waterfall', unfortunately for me the other tracks (except 'Your Diamonds) are a bit to modern / heavy metal sounding for me... didn't saw that one coming. I like the singers voice though and find it a pretty decent album, just not really my cup of tea.
Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2012, 11:05:40 PM »

Bought the album and just listened to it.   Gotta say it is pretty good.  I am really digging the singer and the guitar players. Pretty good lyrics too.    I like: Back From The Dead, Another Version of The Truth, The One That You Hated, Don't Ask, Waterfall, and Dead Wrong. 
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2012, 08:22:30 PM »

The worst part of the album is the druming

The "druming"?  Isn't that what you do to bushes that need trimming?  A similar technique to pruning, no doubt.   Tongue
serp616
Rocker

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2012, 05:13:49 PM »

the album is actually pretty damn good!
alot heavier than anything i anticipated, wich was a pleasant surprise =D
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2012, 02:56:01 AM »

I just bought it on Amazon Mp3, and I was absolutely astonished how good it sounded.  If they could get "Waterfall" on the radio, they could very well have a hit.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: