Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:55:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Steven Adler Announces New Band Name - It's "Adler"; Slash To Guest On New Album
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Steven Adler Announces New Band Name - It's "Adler"; Slash To Guest On New Album  (Read 42120 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #100 on: April 27, 2012, 09:07:58 PM »

Love this band

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #101 on: April 29, 2012, 11:20:02 PM »

The band sounds great in the one song that I've heard and I am now really anticipating the album, and would definitely go see them live.  I'm happy Steven managed to put it all together like this.  Hopefully he'll put everything into this band; constantly worrying about a GNR reunion really sapped his focus.

Who actually wrote the melodies for this song?

Unless it was Steven, I would say, yes, he was lucky again to find guys that can write melodies with a certain pop sensibility.

Even if the others did write the melodies, Steven Adler is the one facilitating the environment.  Who he is and what he contributes adds to the fray as well.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #102 on: April 30, 2012, 05:46:21 PM »

The band sounds great in the one song that I've heard and I am now really anticipating the album, and would definitely go see them live.  I'm happy Steven managed to put it all together like this.  Hopefully he'll put everything into this band; constantly worrying about a GNR reunion really sapped his focus.

Who actually wrote the melodies for this song?

Unless it was Steven, I would say, yes, he was lucky again to find guys that can write melodies with a certain pop sensibility.

Even if the others did write the melodies, Steven Adler is the one facilitating the environment.  Who he is and what he contributes adds to the fray as well.
Who he is?  hihi

I would say his drumming contributes to the music, yes, not the mere presence of his name  hihi

But, seriously, unless he wrote all of the melodies, then, yes, he was luck again to have talented songwriters working with him.

Ali
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #103 on: May 02, 2012, 09:38:58 AM »

Former Guns N Roses drummer Steven Adler is proud to announce his new band, Adler. The line-up features frontman Jacob Bunton (Lynam, Mars Electric), and Lonny Paul (Adler?s Appetite). ?I love the music that we?re creating!? said Adler.

?I haven?t been this excited about my band since the GNR days. Jacob is exactly the singer I have been searching for. He has an amazing range and is a great writer and frontman. Lonny is an amazing guitarist and songwriter and the vibe is amazing!?

The band is currently in a Los Angeles recording studio working on their debut album with producers Jeff Pilson (Dokken, Foreigner) and Jay Ruston (Anthrax, Steel Panther, The Donnas). The album feature a guest appearances from Adler?s former Guns N Roses band mate Slash. ?I?m so excited for everyone to hear this record!? Adler shared.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #104 on: December 01, 2012, 04:09:12 PM »

Friday, November 30, 2012

Adler Vocalist Jacob Bunton Discusses New Album and Working with Steven Adler

Twenty-five years since the release of the album that made Steven Adler a rock n' roll icon, he's back with his first full length studio album since then, Back From The Dead. The band Adler, consists of Adler himself, vocalist Jacob Bunton (Lynam, Mars Electric), guitarist Lonny Paul (Adler's Appetite), and bassist Johnny Martin (Chelsea Smiles). With their debut, they have managed to deliver an album which will please not only fans of Steven's previous band but also new fans. Steven's former GnR bandmate Slash and Rob Zombie guitarist John 5 make appearances on the album.

I recently spoke to Jacob Bunton about the writing and recording process, and also what it has been like for him to work with Steven Adler.

Front Paige Metal News: What was the writing and recording of Back From The Dead like?

Jacob Bunton: We would send ideas back and forth through email. When I would go out to LA, me and Lonny would get together at his house and write songs and collaborate on ideas. Then, of course, we would take them to Steven, and he'd listen and figure out what songs he wanted to do and what songs he didn't want to do. The main thing that we said when we first started is that we would throw our egos to the side and just do what's best for the song. If a song could be made better, we would listen to each other on how to make the song better, the ideas. As far as the recording process goes, we had a great producer, Jeff Pilson, who was kind of like the fifth member of the band. He definitely brought out the best in us and kind of put all the pieces together for this. We recorded in Santa Clarita, California, and used a lot of old, vintage gear. It was really cool.

FPMN: Going into the writing process, what were your biggest influences both musically and lyrically?

Jacob: Musically, we didn't want too veer to far away from good, heavy, modern rock n' roll with the classic sound infused. We didn't want people to listen to the record and be like, "Oh, this is an 80s throwback", but we didn't want to veer so far away from it that the people that love the 80s music and the Guns N' Roses stuff would be alienated either. We tried to keep it an equal balance. As far as the lyrical themes, a lot of it was based on stories that Steven would tell us about his life that he went through and also experiences that I went through or that Lonny went through or people that we know, our surroundings. Really, we draw inspiration from each other, and what I mean by each other is whatever situation you're in.

FPMN: What was it like to have Slash and John 5 featured on the album?

Jacob: Amazing! Those guys are incredible musicians. For me personally, to be on a record that has Steven and Slash, both key, core members of Guns N' Roses, it was very surreal and very cool. John 5 is one of the greatest guitar players out and he's also one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. More than anything, it was just really cool hanging out and hearing everybody's stories. That's always my favorite thing in the world, just listening to people's stories.

FPMN: That had to be a cool experience for you as a fan.

Jacob: Oh yeah, because at the end of the day, that's what we all are is music fans. Even Steven and Slash, they're in The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and recorded one of the biggest selling rock albums of all time but are such fans of music that they'll sit there all day telling you about Aerosmith or KISS and Queen and the bands that they grew up with. Music is what unites us all. It brings us all together.

FPMN: Will Adler be touring to support this album?

Jacob: Yeah, absolutely. We just finished our first shows ever with KISS on The KISS Kruise, and the shows went great. We definitely have excellent chemistry in the band, and we plan on touring a lot in 2013. We're going to Japan with Duff, and we plan on doing a lot of stuff, going all over the place.

FPMN: Earlier this year, the band, of course, released the music video for "The One That You Hated". What has the fan reaction been?

Jacob: The fan reaction has been great. Anytime that you are associated with any of the guys from Guns N' Roses, there's always comparisons. You can ask the guys in Slash's band. You can ask the guys in Duff's band. People always wanna compare it to Guns N' Roses, ya know Appetite For Destruction. They wanna compare the guitar players to Slash. They wanna compare the singers to Axl. We've been very honest from the very beginning. If you're looking for the next Appetite For Destruction, this is not it. This is Adler. This is where we are in our lives now. This is the first project that Steven's done since Guns N' Roses as far as the first (full length) album he's released since Appetite For Destruction. We tell people that it's absolutely not Appetite For Destruction. It's Adler. We have our own sound, our own vibe, our own thing. The fan reaction has been great. People seem to really get that, and everybody's saying nothing but positive things. The reaction to the video was great as well. That was the first bit of original music that people had heard from Steven in a long time. To him, just to have the fan acceptance and the media acceptance is all he's ever wanted. It's always number one. He's grinning ear to ear. He's so happy.

FPMN: For you personally, what has it been like working with Steven?

Jacob: It's been amazing! He's one of the sweetest guys in the world. He's got a huge heart, and he's just a bundle of energy to be around. Now that he's clean and sober, he actually goes over to Lonny's house every morning around 7AM, and those two work out together. He's healthy, and he's playing better than he ever has. He's always been one of my favorite drummers of all time.  So, to be in a band with him is, I keep using the word amazing, but there's just no other way to put it. It's amazing.

FPMN: What do you hope to accomplish with this band? What are you most looking forward to?

Jacob: I've already accomplished everything I want to accomplish in the band. The only thing I was looking to accomplish was to make a great rock n' roll record, or something that we felt was a great rock n' roll record, that we were proud of. With Steven, he really wanted the fans to like it and accept it, because he had a lot to prove. With me, just being a part of it, I've already accomplished everything I wanted to accomplish- just being apart of a great project and making a great record that I'm proud of. Even if nothing else happens from this point on, I'm happy I've accomplished what I've always wanted, and what I've always set out to do, to make great records.

FPMN: Anything else you'd like to say?

Jacob: Everybody, go check out the record!

http://frontpaigemetalnews.blogspot.com/2012/11/adler-vocalist-jacob-bunton-discusses.html?spref=tw

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #105 on: December 02, 2012, 03:10:48 AM »

ADLER's Steven Adler Talks Back From The Dead - "I Haven't Been This Excited About My Band Since The GUNS N' ROSES Days"

With his new outfit, ADLER, prepared to make its mammouth mark on the hard rock world, former GUNS N' ROSES drummer Steven Adler is sounding pretty damn excited about the group's new release on New Ocean Media, Back From The Dead. In January, the band began recording their debut album with producer Jeff Pilson (T&N, FOREIGNER, ex-DOKKEN). According to the group, "The chemistry between all of us was amazing. We're not relying on computers and auto tune to fix everything. We're totally going by feel and capturing the raw energy of the songs. It's a real rock n roll album, performed by a band, with a real human element."

Adler's debut album also features stellar guest performances by Steven Adler's former Guns N' Roses bandmate Slash as well as ROB ZOMBIE guitarist John 5.

BraveWords correspondent Matthew O'Shaughnessy (WVOX's Metal Mayhem) recently had the distinct headbanging honor of chatting with the ever excited and recharged legendary drummer Steven Adler about Back From The Dead, the recent KISS Kruise, how Adler's approach to music is similar or different than his previous works, and making a new video for the track Good To Be Bad and more. Upward and Onward!

Click below for the audio stream: http://www.bravewords.com/news/194516

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: