Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:00:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227805 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Steven Adler Announces New Band Name - It's "Adler"; Slash To Guest On New Album
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Steven Adler Announces New Band Name - It's "Adler"; Slash To Guest On New Album  (Read 42362 times)
Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2011, 02:58:17 AM »

from Chips facebook:

To Quote the Late Great George Harrison , All things must pass. So I move on with my life, as I'm no longer with Steven Adler's "Adler's Appetite". Keep your ears open for new music coming soon! Peace and Love, Chip!
 Did this band break up or is it just lineup changes???

uncle d...

crying This is the most crushing blow ever!  I'm so sad.  Chip was a huge part of this band.  I'm in shock right now. 
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 03:00:27 AM by Trist805 » Logged
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2011, 09:21:11 AM »

Wow that is a surprise.  They are in the studio recording new material and have a new "massive" record deal and Chip leaves?  Or was asked to leave?  I wonder what happened.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2011, 02:30:42 PM »

Wow that is a surprise.  They are in the studio recording new material and have a new "massive" record deal and Chip leaves?  Or was asked to leave?  I wonder what happened.

From Steven's Twitter account...
StevenAdlerSite Steven Adler
Fact #4. Our first single has one of the hottest new singers in the game right now on vocals. Hint his bands initials are just like mine. AA
20 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
Steven Adler
Fact #3. I have a record deal and we were just in the studio this past Sunday recording our first single that will ... tmi.me/gBiue
22 minutes ago
Steven Adler
Fact #2. Chips departure was my decision due to the fact that I am working on an original band with @MichaelThomas19 and Lonnie Johnson.
26 minutes ago
Steven Adler
Fact #1. I luv @Chip_Znuff like a brother and wish him the best in all his future endeavors.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2011, 02:52:26 PM »

So Steven fired Chip Z'Nuff?  Undecided

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2011, 09:24:11 PM »

STEVEN ADLER Comments On Split With CHIP Z'NUFF, Says He Is Launching New Band - Sep. 29, 2011

ADLER'S APPETITE/ex-GUNS N' ROSES drummer Steven Adler has commented on bassist Chip Z'Nuff's (ENUFF Z'NUFF) depature from ADLER'S APPETITE after six years of playing together. "I love Chip Z'Nuff like a brother and wish him the best in all his future endeavors," Adler writes on his Twitter profile.

He adds, "Chip's departure was my decision due to the fact that I am working on an original band with [ADLER'S APPETITE guitarist] Michael Thomas and Lonnie Johnson.

"Our first single has one of the hottest new singers in the game right now on vocals. Hint: his band's initials are just like mine ? AA. [Presumably referring to ASKING ALEXANDRIA. ? Ed.]

"ADLER'S APPETITE will continue to perform together on select dates, but my new project will have a new name [to be announced] in the next month."

Adler's new band entered NRG Recording in North Hollywood, Californiaearlier this week to begin recording its first material. The group spent Monday (September 26) laying down what will likely turn out to be its new single. Adler tweeted at the end of the session, "What an amazing day. We finished our first song today. I'm soooo thrilled we [are] headed in the right direction."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=163979

Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2011, 09:39:02 PM »

Cool news.  I'm glad that Adler is branching out and trying new things.  Also, glad that things are still cool between him and Chip.   
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2011, 03:49:03 AM »

new step and band name alright, but still......he says he will also be performing under AA name on selected dates? then why Chip had to leave?

Re-Union time, baby!!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2011, 09:15:14 AM »

He adds, "Chip's departure was my decision due to the fact that I am working on an original band with [ADLER'S APPETITE guitarist] Michael Thomas and Lonnie Johnson.

Do I have this straight...he let Chip go to start an "original band" -- but with Adler's Appetite guitarist Michael Thomas. Huh

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2011, 12:48:09 PM »

From Steven Adler:

RT @metalinsider: Ex-@gunsnroses drummer @StevenAdlerSite collaborating with Asking Alexandria singer? (@AfuckingA, ... http://tmi.me/gDNOk

21 hours ago via UberSocial for BlackBerry

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2011, 12:37:55 PM »

Adler's Appetite may continue to perform on select dates, but it looks like without Chip.  Someone names Aaron played bass last night in Las Vegas.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2011, 12:34:48 PM »

Aaron Samson from "Driver" filled in for Chip at the Las Vegas show, here's a video:

Paradise City - Adlers Appetite

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAzWQQnQqxM

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2011, 01:38:57 PM »

A couple of videos of Adler's Appetite performing at Myth Nightclub in Minnesota on Oct. 14th.

Mr. Brownstone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4I2nvbDQXnQ

Nightrain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNZ6hppgGxc

BumbleBuzz
Rocker

Guns N' Roses Strong Since 1999!

« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2011, 03:57:46 PM »

This is all very bizzare, I don't know what the hell is going on no

2006.06.09 - Dublin, Ireland
2006.07.29 - London, England
2010.09.01 - Dublin, Ireland
2012.05.17 - Dublin, Ireland
2012.05.23 - Newcastle, England
2017.07.17 - London, England
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2012, 11:29:51 AM »

Any news on the new single that was to come out last year?? I actually liked the songs so far, why aren't they releasing more...?

Oh My God i cant deny this...
zqyx79
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2012, 01:13:57 AM »

Nothing happened. Maybe because band member changes. Cry
BumbleBuzz
Rocker

Guns N' Roses Strong Since 1999!

« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2012, 05:14:18 AM »

Any news on the new single that was to come out last year?? I actually liked the songs so far, why aren't they releasing more...?

Me too, wasn't too fond of Stardog, but loved Alive and Fading - the latter was a pretty great ballad

They're never likely to win any awards but as a band I'd be interested in purchasing an album, after all, I paid for singles

2006.06.09 - Dublin, Ireland
2006.07.29 - London, England
2010.09.01 - Dublin, Ireland
2012.05.17 - Dublin, Ireland
2012.05.23 - Newcastle, England
2017.07.17 - London, England
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2012, 11:29:26 AM »

SLASH To Guest On STEVEN ADLER's New Album - Mar. 15, 2012

Legendary guitarist Slash has revealed via Twitter that he will reunite with his onetime GUNS N' ROSES bandmate Steven Adler to "lay down some guitars" for a song on the drummer's new album. The session is scheduled to take place tonight (Thursday, March 15) at a studio in Los Angeles.

In 2010, Adler collaborated with Slash on the latter's self-titled debut solo album, which scored the highest new entry on The Billboard 200 chart, with first-week U.S. sales of around 60,000 copies. He appeared on the track "Baby Can't Drive", along with RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS bassist Flea, Alice Cooper and Nicole Scherzinger. The song was featured on an expanded edition of the album released by Classic Rock magazine.

http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=171232

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2012, 11:53:58 PM »

Steven Adler:

Big Announcement coming right now... My new band is called "Adler". My band consists of Lonnie Paul, Jacob Bunton, and yours truly.

I have 8 songs completed for my debut "Adler" project.. The band is in the studio right now waiting on @Slash to come through to rock w/us.

I've been laying low for a while off twitter cause I've been working so hard to deliver music for all of you. We have 8 original songs done.

Photo: http://lockerz.com/s/192802586

4:06 PM - 15 Mar 12

Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2012, 02:19:08 AM »

hahahaha his band is called "Adler"  rofl   Still will check it out, as I love the guy, and I like some of his recent stuff.  Should be great with Slash too. 
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2012, 12:09:52 PM »

Some more on this news:

STEVEN ADLER Joins Forces With LYNAM's JACOB BUNTON In ADLER - Mar. 15, 2012

Former GUNS N' ROSES drummer Steven Adler has joined forces with Lonny Paul (ADLER'S APPETITE) and Jacob Bunton (LYNAM, MARS ELECTRIC) in a brand new band simply called ADLER. The group has completed eight songs for its debut album, which will feature a guest appearance by Adler's former GUNS N' ROSES bandmate Slash. The Los Angeles recording sessions are being helmed by producers Jeff Pilson (former DOKKEN and current FOREIGNER/TOOTH AND NAIL bassist) and Jay Ruston (ANTHRAX, STEEL PANTHER, ADRENALINE MOB).

"I love the music that we're creating!" states Adler. "I haven't been this excited about my band since the GN'R days. Jacob is exactly the singer I have been searching for. He has an amazing range and is a great writer and frontman. Lonny is an amazing guitarist and songwriter and the vibe is amazing!" He added, "I'm so excited for everyone to hear this record!"

http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=171277

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: