Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:33:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Open Letter Re: Adler's Book
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Open Letter Re: Adler's Book  (Read 27055 times)
Cooker
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2012, 04:16:03 PM »

I won't say if it's true or not, but right after this thread was created I tweeted to Steven about the issue, hopefully to hear his side. I was promptly blocked from viewing his tweets... That doesn't necessarily prove guilt of course, but it is eyebrow raising.

When Im Gone.............
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2012, 04:49:28 PM »

I won't say if it's true or not, but right after this thread was created I tweeted to Steven about the issue, hopefully to hear his side. I was promptly blocked from viewing his tweets... That doesn't necessarily prove guilt of course, but it is eyebrow raising.
motherfucker...

we should all tweet him hihi
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 04:52:20 PM by rebelhipi » Logged

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Cooker
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2012, 12:12:05 AM »

Well, it really doesn't prove anything the original poster claims of course. I am however shocked by the reaction it got from him (handlers).

axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2012, 03:49:40 PM »

Hahaha, So I just tried to tweet him and noticed I was already blocked. Musta been when he was running his mouth about the HOF, I went off on him constantly. Smiley

Axl is God.
Victim of BS
Opening Act

« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2012, 06:15:49 PM »

Tweet Lawrence J Spagnola.

He laid the foundation for this disgrace.

Such a man needs to be recognized for his vile character.

I'll defend myself in this matter until my dying day.
Cooker
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2012, 07:31:37 PM »

So is he behind Mr. Adler?

m_rated96
Rocker

slash slash slash

« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2012, 09:28:15 AM »

Dude go to LA times or something if this is true. Defend yourself! If I was you I would be doing a LOT more.
Cooker
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2012, 02:17:45 AM »

Dude go to LA times or something if this is true. Defend yourself! If I was you I would be doing a LOT more.

That's the interesting thing about this, I have no idea whom to believe....

raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2012, 09:50:46 AM »

Best thing to do is when he's being interviewed for the new CD, have someone ask him point blank about it. I'm sure someone will, like Blabbermouth because they don't give a fuck about stepping on toes. Best thing to do is kiss some ass then hit them with a tough question.

It was a good book about his life. No one knows how honest or factual authorized bios are. Some people have a knack for writing, some people like Slash would just prefer talking over months, and let a journalist pretty it up.

Cooker
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2012, 03:53:36 PM »

Best thing to do is when he's being interviewed for the new CD, have someone ask him point blank about it. I'm sure someone will, like Blabbermouth because they don't give a fuck about stepping on toes. Best thing to do is kiss some ass then hit them with a tough question.

It was a good book about his life. No one knows how honest or factual authorized bios are. Some people have a knack for writing, some people like Slash would just prefer talking over months, and let a journalist pretty it up.

I agree with this, I want to hear his side before I make a judgment.

Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2012, 10:04:31 PM »

sad story, justice must prevail, keep fighting for your rights!  ok

Oh My God i cant deny this...
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2012, 10:29:18 PM »

That doesn't mean anything... Steven may not be legally allowed to discuss it and thus can't have posts like that on his Twitter.

Obviously Steven has a "checkered" past and no one is going to deny that.  But no matter what, the allegations found on this thread are STILL just one side of the story.  It's sad to see so many rendering judgment without knowing both sides -- especially the people who have been needlessly comparing Steven to Axl, as if Axl has ever been anything close to a saint (that post about what Steven allegedly did to Erin Everly made me laugh -- if I brought up all the things that Erin legally claimed that AXL did to her, I'd probably get banned).

You think the notion of Steven ripping off Brooke is egregious... well, I'll grant you it is.  But, as much money and notoriety that Steven has from GNR, the notion of someone trying to rip HIM off is equally believable.  That isn't to say I'm arbitrarily siding with Steven, it's just that there is more to this story that we'll ever really know, even if we do hear Steven's side.  The truth is usually vaguely in the middle with bitter disputes like this.

If Brooke got fucked over, then he should fight.  But posting on a message board isn't exactly going to accomplish anything other than preach to the choir that is already anti-Steven.

I think ultimately the best way to admire rock stars is to allow them to be as inscrutable as possible; if we analyzed them all too closely, we'd find that they are pretty much all unscrupulous assholes in various ways.  That goes for all your heroes and mine.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 10:43:18 PM by Bridge » Logged
Cooker
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2012, 02:07:39 PM »

That doesn't mean anything... Steven may not be legally allowed to discuss it and thus can't have posts like that on his Twitter.

Obviously Steven has a "checkered" past and no one is going to deny that.  But no matter what, the allegations found on this thread are STILL just one side of the story.  It's sad to see so many rendering judgment without knowing both sides -- especially the people who have been needlessly comparing Steven to Axl, as if Axl has ever been anything close to a saint (that post about what Steven allegedly did to Erin Everly made me laugh -- if I brought up all the things that Erin legally claimed that AXL did to her, I'd probably get banned).

You think the notion of Steven ripping off Brooke is egregious... well, I'll grant you it is.  But, as much money and notoriety that Steven has from GNR, the notion of someone trying to rip HIM off is equally believable.  That isn't to say I'm arbitrarily siding with Steven, it's just that there is more to this story that we'll ever really know, even if we do hear Steven's side.  The truth is usually vaguely in the middle with bitter disputes like this.

If Brooke got fucked over, then he should fight.  But posting on a message board isn't exactly going to accomplish anything other than preach to the choir that is already anti-Steven.

I think ultimately the best way to admire rock stars is to allow them to be as inscrutable as possible; if we analyzed them all too closely, we'd find that they are pretty much all unscrupulous assholes in various ways.  That goes for all your heroes and mine.

I should make it clear that I am not siding with anyone on this. I was just shocked that I was blocked for asking the question.... I wanted to know his side, because we clearly know Brooke's side.

Bridge
Legend

« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2012, 03:11:36 PM »

I should make it clear that I am not siding with anyone on this. I was just shocked that I was blocked for asking the question.... I wanted to know his side, because we clearly know Brooke's side.

Yeah, I gathered you were on the fence.  Most of my post was actually just generalized towards the overall tone of the thread.
Doofey
Headliner

« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2012, 10:18:54 PM »

I would never judge Steven for anything he has done in his personal life, as I would never judge any of these people for that. It's not my business or my place.

However if this story is true, this person deserves Steven's attention and they have to get it some way.
Victim of BS
Opening Act

« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2012, 06:00:27 PM »

There?s nothing that can be said to dispute my claims, save for the cold retort Larry Spagnola gave when I expressed my grievances to him - ?What did you agree to, Brook??

Between my open letter and interview with GNRSyndicate.com, I explain in detail the circumstances behind why I signed that initial release and why I believed it invalid.

I should mention that since the open letter I have received two royalty payment checks, both paid after extensive expenses and commissions.

But it wasn?t about the money. For me, the constant disrespect and defamation I found myself suffering had gone too far. Originally, I was just happy to be Steven Adler?s friend. Such trust and naivet? is essentially what got me into trouble. I was responsible for this product that everyone was happy to claim a piece of, yet they would show me no consideration. SOMEONE should have stepped up and said, ?Y?know, what we?re doing to this guy is not cool at all?. Who knows, maybe in hindsight there have been some regrets.

Throughout it all, I never lost the appreciation for what Steven accomplished musically. I never had to patronize him, my respect was genuine. And when he was being a dick, I told him so. I was his intermediary to the fans for years. That is why I?m talking in this forum. For me, it?s important that you all know the truth.

This ordeal left me so fried, so disillusioned. I?m done. But I?ll never forget. I was wronged on too many levels, and I will always defend myself and expose the vile treatment I endured.

So, there ya go...
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2012, 05:42:23 PM »

If what you're saying is true, I don't blame you for being upset, Brook.  For the record, I was a member and posted on your website for quite some time.  Like I said, if you got fucked over, I can believe it.  It's the entertainment business, and shit like that is prone to happen whenever money is involved.

However, like I also said, it's just as easy to believe that this matter is more complicated than merely one person's story, which is why I'm not going to instantaneously jump onto the let's-condemn-Steven bandwagon without hearing other sides to the story -- even if other people on this site (like the early posters on this thread) are willing to do that.
Cooker
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2012, 03:57:59 PM »

There?s nothing that can be said to dispute my claims, save for the cold retort Larry Spagnola gave when I expressed my grievances to him - ?What did you agree to, Brook??

Between my open letter and interview with GNRSyndicate.com, I explain in detail the circumstances behind why I signed that initial release and why I believed it invalid.

I should mention that since the open letter I have received two royalty payment checks, both paid after extensive expenses and commissions.

But it wasn?t about the money. For me, the constant disrespect and defamation I found myself suffering had gone too far. Originally, I was just happy to be Steven Adler?s friend. Such trust and naivet? is essentially what got me into trouble. I was responsible for this product that everyone was happy to claim a piece of, yet they would show me no consideration. SOMEONE should have stepped up and said, ?Y?know, what we?re doing to this guy is not cool at all?. Who knows, maybe in hindsight there have been some regrets.

Throughout it all, I never lost the appreciation for what Steven accomplished musically. I never had to patronize him, my respect was genuine. And when he was being a dick, I told him so. I was his intermediary to the fans for years. That is why I?m talking in this forum. For me, it?s important that you all know the truth.

This ordeal left me so fried, so disillusioned. I?m done. But I?ll never forget. I was wronged on too many levels, and I will always defend myself and expose the vile treatment I endured.

So, there ya go...

Have you actually spoken to Steven about anyt of this? He could be just as manipulated as you.

AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2012, 07:00:20 AM »

Is it only me that finds the most surprising thing about this topic to be that someone other than Steven Adler wants to take credit for this book? Wink

In all seriousness, though, if what has been said is true, I'm very surprised that there's been no news of any kind of lawsuit. Even if it's not about the money, people who do that sort of thing shouldn't be able to get away with it. And I'm pretty sure the condemnation of a few GN'R fans isn't going to worry them as much as legal ramifications would.

Not saying I dispute what the original poster says. Just that it's pretty weird that someone claims to have their work stolen, and doesn't do anything other than write an open letter.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: