Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:55:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  More on Adler's Book Authorship controversy
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: More on Adler's Book Authorship controversy  (Read 3496 times)
Victim of BS
Opening Act

« on: June 15, 2011, 03:14:01 PM »

I just did an interview with the GNRSyndicate about the matter.
Thanks to them for handling it fairly:
http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/index2.php
Annie
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 10:42:50 PM »

Great read. What was Rick Stitch like?
Victim of BS
Opening Act

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 01:03:13 AM »

He was cool when I knew him. I may have been the only person to ask him what HE wanted. The day of his first show, I asked him, " if it goes well & they offer the gig full time, you in?" He told me then  straight up Ladyjack was his 1st first priority.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 02:58:19 AM by Victim of BS » Logged
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2011, 01:14:49 AM »

I just did an interview with the GNRSyndicate about the matter.
Thanks to them for handling it fairly:
http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/index2.php

ok   Nice interview - thanks for doing that!
Annie
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2011, 07:09:16 PM »

He was cool when I knew him. I may have been the only person to ask him what HE wanted. The day of his first show, I asked him, " if it goes well & they offer the gig full time, you in?" He told me then  straight up Ladyjack was his 1st first priority.
He was the one who made me like Adler's appetite. He was so cute and he had a great voice and great stage presence. I hope he has alot of success with LADYJACK.
Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2011, 07:13:07 PM »

This has been an interesting read.  I really do feel for you, cuz I have been ripped off by ppl before too.  The way you describe certain things makes me think there is some truth to it.  That being said, you come off as a bit bitter and are just trying to ruin his rep instead of taking him to court...which is how this really should be handled. It seems like you started off by being friends with Adler and then tried to work your way into the business side.  I'm not trying to take anything away from you, but I feel like this is more between you and Adler's people and not really Adler himself.  It also sounds like Larry got him some good publicity and press which was a big part of promoting this book.   Like I said, I'm about 50/50 on this.   I'm sure you could have gotten fucked over, but it still sounds like you were at least paid something.  I don't even know if Adler made more than 20 or 30k on the book, but that is just a guess.  

I still don't feel any different towards Adler than I did before.  I've always known he had his flaws.  I just respect him as a fan, I'm sure he could be difficult to deal with.  I'm not going to totally discredit him or write him off like some people are doing.  I still thought some of your stories about the book in that interview were very funny, and offered some good insight and behind the scenes info.    
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2011, 09:47:39 PM »

Good read, I really feel for this guy (original writer of Adlers' book) Brooke......unfortunately this behavour is typical of the system we continue to live in, we ot to question and learn more about it...like...ever wonder where $$$$ even comes from ?? has such a huge influence on society, but yet goes down as one of the most unquestioned forms of faith out there....

youtube....addendum........

peace all
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: