Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 03:14:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NFL 2011 Season
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2011 Season  (Read 143631 times)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #60 on: July 31, 2011, 09:36:18 PM »

You got your WR Tim, Plaxico to the Jets.  Not sure he's a better option than Randy Moss at this point.  I know Randy had an awful year last year, but he wasn't in prison.

Yeah, just saw that. I can live with him on the team for a year. I wanted no part of Moss. I know both players have had their share of off field trouble but Moss is much more of a troublemaker on the team. Jets are also said to be close to resigning Cromartie. We're also still looking for extra help at TE for Keller. I'm hearing Kevin Boss's name being tossed around..

Hey Tim, you may not have wanted any part of Randy Moss, but I'd sure as hell take him back in Minnesota.  Childress was a fuck-wad who didn't want to get embarrassed by having his shitty coaching called exactly that...shitty coaching.  In Tenn. who was throwing him the ball?  Rusty Smith?  I really thought St. Louis would have been a perfect spot, but with the Sims-Walker signing I guess that's out the window.

I have a bad feeling Randy will be kicking ass somewhere in the NFL this season...just not for our squads. 
For those who think he's washed-up...here's 40 seconds on youtube from last season that prove otherwise:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F31ELjaFkO4

Ravens, Colts, Vikes, Rams, 49ers could use Randy.  Randy would be wise to go to a squad that has an above-average qb...the 1st 4 of those squads qualify.  Crabtree's injury might open a door in San Fran, but Randy would be smart to avoid what is likely the last year of the Alex Smith Experiment.

Now Tim, are you really expecting a lot out of Plax after 2 years in the slammer?

I really don''t know what to expect from him. He at least gives Sanchez a big target. I would still take him over Moss. He quits on every team he has played for as soon as things don't go his way. If we can get one good year out of Burress i'll be happy.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #61 on: July 31, 2011, 11:29:23 PM »

I don't think Randy Moss is washed up.  Not even close.  He's got a few good, even great years left in him.  The problem is though, is the motivation there?  If not, it's been proven time and again, he shuts it down.  I think he would've gone all out for the Jets though.  The only thing that would've derailed that is if he and Sanchez didn't click.

Some would also argue that Burress is a better fit FOR Sanchez than Moss.  A young, impressionable QB would lean heavily on a personality as big as Moss and could stunt his growth even though Moss is a deadly weapon to have.  It even happened to Brady.  He keyed on Moss WAY TOO MUCH towards the end of his time with the Pats and the results just weren't there.

With all that being said, I agree with Axl4Prez that he'd be a good fit in St. Louis.  Josh McDaniels was at the helm of the Patriots offense during their record breaking 2007 season, so he might want to try him out again.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #62 on: August 01, 2011, 03:42:30 PM »

Well forget Moss going anywhere cause his agent has announced he is retiring after 13 seasons. I didn't see this coming at all. On a different note the Jets retained Cromartie to play opposite Revis. With Nnamdi out of the picture Cromartie was the best option available still and we needed him back.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #63 on: August 01, 2011, 06:10:39 PM »

I've heard some people question how Cromartie responds and plays this year after A) signing a big contract, and B) after clearly being shown he wasn't their first option. Just something to think about.

I still think Moss could play this season. Teams just weren't offering him what he felt he deserved. But once a big time WR goes down, and that WILL happen, he'll likely be the top guy on the radar. So I wouldn't count him out just yet. If it is indeed the end though, a fantastic HOF career for Randy. He may have rubbed a lot of people the wrong way, but he quite possibly was as talented as any WR to ever play the game.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #64 on: August 01, 2011, 06:13:24 PM »

Randy Moss used to be one of my favorite players but then he became the one thing i despise and that is a fucking quitter.

I can forgive dog fighting, drug deals, DUI, spouse abuse...

I can't ever forgive someone just flat out quitting like Randy Moss does. He is pathetic.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #65 on: August 01, 2011, 07:12:03 PM »

Randy Moss used to be one of my favorite players but then he became the one thing i despise and that is a fucking quitter.

I can forgive dog fighting, drug deals, DUI, spouse abuse...

I can't ever forgive someone just flat out quitting like Randy Moss does. He is pathetic.

Ya see, that's where we differ D...
I can forgive just about anything done on a football field (okay, with the exception of purposely trying to maim/paralyze/kill)...but dog fighting? Meh.  Drugs?  Meh, let people hurt themselves...
but DUI and spousal abuse?  Fuck no.  Not forgivable in my book.

The funny thing about Randy is that he is very much like one Axl Rose. 
Both are the best at what they do...supreme talents. 
Both speak their mind.  Both call a spade a spade...and both usually get skewered by the press for it.
Both have always been honest...too honest.  Neither "played the game" and shut their mouth.
Oh yeah...and they both sported braids for a while.  Smiley

In my eyes, he was the most physically gifted wide receiver I've ever seen.
In my eyes, he was the most entertaining wr I've ever seen.
I will miss Randy Moss...hopefully he hears an offer he likes from a contender in need...perhaps Baltimore?  Perhaps if Minnesota got a different catering service, back to the Vikes???  hihi

Now D, as much as you dislike Randy now, I'd like to hear what ya think of the rumors he's not going to get into the HoF on the first ballot.  Do u think that's fair? 

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #66 on: August 01, 2011, 07:41:09 PM »

As i said, was my fave player at one time... but he lost me with his heartless play.

As i've said, he is no Jerry Rice or Michael Irvin  not even close.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #67 on: August 01, 2011, 11:16:18 PM »

As i said, was my fave player at one time... but he lost me with his heartless play.

Michael Irvin?  You have got to be kidding me.
Jerry Rice, no doubt.  Jerry's the greatest wr of all-time.
Michael Irvin?  Please...I'll let that one go as I know you're a huge Cowboys fan.   Wink

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #68 on: August 02, 2011, 12:54:26 AM »

More to playing football than putting up stats.

Guarantee NE don't lose Super Bowl with Irvin instead of Moss.

SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #69 on: August 02, 2011, 12:57:09 AM »

Ditto, but I have to agree with Axl4prez...Mike Irvin was good, but not in the same class as Jerry...Jerry is the G.O.A.T. after all.

Coop

2012 is like Christmas!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #70 on: August 02, 2011, 06:10:46 PM »

More to playing football than putting up stats.

Guarantee NE don't lose Super Bowl with Irvin instead of Moss.

Unless Michael Irvin took the form of a defensive back and broke up the pass to Tyree, or if Irvin took the form of an offensive line that could give Brady more than a half a second of protection the whole game, I don't think so.
Randy didn't do anything to lose that game...in fact, he caught what would have been the game-winner had the defense held the G-Men at the end.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #71 on: August 02, 2011, 06:18:03 PM »

btw, holy shit!  D, you've gotta go talk to the offensive coordinator of the Eagles...you thought the Eagle wildcat with Vick and VY was interesting?  Now throw newly-signed Eagle Ronnie Brown in there as well! 
Jesus!  The snap is to Young!  He fires a lateral to a streaking Vick who runs across the field, handing the ball off to Ronnie Brown, who flicks it 30 yards to a wide-open DeSean Jackson!  The combinations are endless. Smiley
Watching the Eagles is going to be a lot of fun this season...thankfully I get all their games in this local market. Smiley  beer

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #72 on: August 02, 2011, 07:13:51 PM »

That Ronnie Brown move WOW

They still didn't upgrade O line though... so hopefully vick can remain upright.

I guess my argument against Moss is, he never really made any QB that much better.. If Moss didn't have a good big arm QB, he was pretty worthless... see Oakland and TN.

I feel Moss was amazing at running a fly pattern, but he didn't move the chains, make that big 3rd and 8 catch to keep drives a live.. he was bang or bust. Not a good route runner, didn't go over the middle...

Even a guy like T.O. made average QB's pro bowlers... Moss didn't do that.

Irvin,Rice, T.O.. those guys could play in any system.. I just feel Moss has to have the right circumstances to flourish.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #73 on: August 02, 2011, 07:16:53 PM »

btw, holy shit!  D, you've gotta go talk to the offensive coordinator of the Eagles...you thought the Eagle wildcat with Vick and VY was interesting?  Now throw newly-signed Eagle Ronnie Brown in there as well! 
Jesus!  The snap is to Young!  He fires a lateral to a streaking Vick who runs across the field, handing the ball off to Ronnie Brown, who flicks it 30 yards to a wide-open DeSean Jackson!  The combinations are endless. Smiley
Watching the Eagles is going to be a lot of fun this season...thankfully I get all their games in this local market. Smiley  beer

I pay 300 bucks for NFL sunday ticket and it is WELL worth it.

I live in TN market so i get Titans and Falcons.. No thanks

Cowboy fan since i was a kid but with Vick as my fantasy big time money game keeper..... Eagles are my team now.  Winner last year took over a grand. can't remember exact figure it was in the 1000-1200 range.... So big stakes makes the games even more exciting...

we got 10 guys.. 225 dollar entry fee, 5 dollars per add/drop or trade.   winner gets 60 percent of Transaction money as well... other 40 percent goes toward next years entry fee.  I am fucking george steinbrenner.. i won 2nd place and 500 bucks but i had 330 worth of transaction money i had to pay in. 66 add/drops..

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #74 on: August 02, 2011, 07:24:22 PM »

Osi Umenyiora wants out of the Giants and they've given him permission to seek a trade. There's talk the Jets could trade for him. The Giants want a first rounder and Osi will want a new contract. Worth it for the Jets? I think so he would give us a pass rusher It would give us the flexibility of not having to cover everyone to be able to get to the QB.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #75 on: August 02, 2011, 07:41:48 PM »

Jets need to do something.. they've really done nothing if u think about it.

they just stood pat for the most part re-signing guys they already had.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #76 on: August 02, 2011, 07:46:03 PM »

I pay 300 bucks for NFL sunday ticket and it is WELL worth it.

I live in TN market so i get Titans and Falcons.. No thanks

Cowboy fan since i was a kid but with Vick as my fantasy big time money game keeper..... Eagles are my team now.  Winner last year took over a grand. can't remember exact figure it was in the 1000-1200 range.... So big stakes makes the games even more exciting...

we got 10 guys.. 225 dollar entry fee, 5 dollars per add/drop or trade.   winner gets 60 percent of Transaction money as well... other 40 percent goes toward next years entry fee.  I am fucking george steinbrenner.. i won 2nd place and 500 bucks but i had 330 worth of transaction money i had to pay in. 66 add/drops..

D, that sounds awesome...my league has been $60 entry since 1998...but we did bump up the transaction cost from 25 cents per, to 50 cents per!!!   hihi  It's still a freakin blast!
Look at TO's body, then look at Moss's.  Obviously, TO is built to absorb blows, Randy, not so much.  I can't fault the guy for his genetics. Smiley
I'd like to see their career drops though.  Maybe it was just the games I watched, or the fact I'm biased and a Moss/Vikings fan, but I always thought TO had more drops than Randy.  
btw, making a qb look good?  Did Culpepper do anything without Randy?  Didn't Randy boost Brady's td numbers through the stratosphere?
Both TO and Randy belong in the HOF on the first ballot.  To not vote them in on the 1st ballot is absolute bullshit.  

On the Jets front, heck, I guess they're thinking, "why mess with a good thing?"  Their defense has carried them extremely far the past few years.  I don't know enough about Osi's contract situation to offer a well-informed opinion. Sad sorry.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #77 on: August 02, 2011, 08:19:12 PM »

Oh yeah both are HOF no doubt.

Moss reminds me of that old saying

give me a guy with 80 percent talent that gives 100 percent effort over the guy with 100 percent talent and gives 80 percent effort.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #78 on: August 02, 2011, 09:31:20 PM »

Osi has two years left on his current contract. I couldn't tell you how much he's due though. I could live with giving up a first rounder for him and signing him long term. It wouldn't be a high pick since the Jets have finished well the last two years. It would be like a 29-30 pick. So why not to get someone who can really disrupt a QB.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #79 on: August 03, 2011, 12:23:42 AM »

I read there were 5 teams that inquired about Osi (Patriots and Ravens included), but NONE of them were willing to relinquish a 1st round pick.  1st round picks in the NFL are like gold, at least they're treated that way.  Granted there seem to be just as many misses as there are hits, but GM's value them quite highly.  Not even an established player like Osi warrants giving up a 1st rounder, regardless if it's a projected low pick.  Plus add in the fact that Osi wants a new deal, so it's going to cost the team that acquires him a good chunk of change to go along with the draft pick.

I think a 3rd round pick is plenty fair, some team MAY be willing to give up a 2nd, but that's still a lot.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: