Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 11, 2024, 08:44:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228032 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NFL 2011 Season
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2011 Season  (Read 143312 times)
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #720 on: March 11, 2012, 03:24:33 PM »

My Vikes were morons going out hard trying to win games at the end of last season.  That could have been us trading down from 2 to 6, AND nabbing 2 additional 1st round picks and a 2nd, AND more picks!  Snyder's a goddamned fool.  If I was a skins fan I'd be furious.  Yeah, they outbid the Browns, but what a tremendous cost.

I was just thinking about this a few days ago...the Vikes really can't seem to forge much of a future for themselves..they should have not gotten Ponder sooo high..they could've had Mallet in the 2nd or 3rd round and let Joe Webb bring them the no 2 or 1 pick for this year...sorry Axl4Prez I know what it must feel like considering they were in the NFC Championship game just a few years ago

Coop

Sooo frustrating.
The ONLY silver lining is that Kalil is a lock to be a Viking for the next 10 to 12 years.  He's a stud left tackle.  I actually like Ponder...I think he's got potential.  But did we take him too high?  I think so...but in the draft if you trade down, there's no guarantee he'd have been there.
Soo frsutrating.
Then again, we could be the Redskins who now are royally screwed.

one more thought, how weird is it gonna be to see Peyton in a different uniform/helmet?  I hope he does well.  I like the guy.  I think he could put up monster stats in AZ.  I think he'd have the best shot at a ring in SF.  But seeing him boot Tebow to the curb would be priceless. in DEN.  Smiley
That would be awesome, putting Tebowmania to the curb.  Showing he ISN'T the answer.  In his defense, I think it'd actually be alright for him to "learn" from Manning, as opposed to Sanchez.  Tebow was thrust into the role last year, he still has a lot to learn.  Sanchez does too, but the Jets have already committed to him the past 3 years.  There's no going back from that unless you cut ties completely. 

As for the Skins.  It certainly looks like a lopsided trade.  But if RG3 ends up being a franchise QB they can depend on for the next decade it's well worth it.  So I'd hesitate to slam them until that's figured out.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't whatever team trading for Tebow have to pay him the 1st round money he probably got from Denver? 
Last I heard was that Jacksonville would trade for Tebow.  The Jags need someone to fill seats and Timmy's just the guy for it...plus jerseys too.  Smiley
That said, I don't see Peyton going to Denver.  AZ-MIA-KC-SF...that would be my order of likelihood most to least of the probables.  We shall see.

Maybe I'm just too conservative to do it, but RG3's pricetag was way too high for my taste.  Atlanta did something similar for Julio Jones. 
Washington's got a lot of holes. 
Oh well, at least it makes the Vikes the next team to have a draft spot open to trading down if the offer is right.  We've got more holes than swiss cheese.  I'd say we're 95% set on kalil at L tackle, but if someone wanted to jump up to 3 to grab Blackmon...the Vikes SHOULD listen and listen hard.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #721 on: March 11, 2012, 03:52:27 PM »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't whatever team trading for Tebow have to pay him the 1st round money he probably got from Denver? 
Last I heard was that Jacksonville would trade for Tebow.  The Jags need someone to fill seats and Timmy's just the guy for it...plus jerseys too. 
That said, I don't see Peyton going to Denver.  AZ-MIA-KC-SF...that would be my order of likelihood most to least of the probables.  We shall see.

Maybe I'm just too conservative to do it, but RG3's pricetag was way too high for my taste.  Atlanta did something similar for Julio Jones. 
Washington's got a lot of holes. 
Oh well, at least it makes the Vikes the next team to have a draft spot open to trading down if the offer is right.  We've got more holes than swiss cheese.  I'd say we're 95% set on kalil at L tackle, but if someone wanted to jump up to 3 to grab Blackmon...the Vikes SHOULD listen and listen hard.

Would love to see Peyton in a 49ers jersey...I mean talk about a few superbowls right off the bat...nice way to end a legendary career, but I'm not sure if Jim Harbaugh really wants to go in that direction...until we resign Alex Smith I will hold my breath

Coop

2012 is like Christmas!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #722 on: March 11, 2012, 06:14:14 PM »

Yeah but SF could bring in Reggie Wayne, Pierre Garcon and Dallas Clark.

imagine two TE attack of Davis/Clark. would be better than Gronk/Hernandez

Then Crabtree,Wayne,Garcon

SUPER BOWL

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #723 on: March 12, 2012, 12:12:35 PM »

Doubt Peyton will sign with the 9ers, but we are working out Randy Moss today....good lord would he help things out

Coop

2012 is like Christmas!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #724 on: March 12, 2012, 06:45:54 PM »

Doubt Peyton will sign with the 9ers, but we are working out Randy Moss today....good lord would he help things out

Coop

If Alex is still the qb, I'd be concerned...in fact, I'd be hesitant to bring Randy into the equation sans a top-tier qb.  Alex is far from a top-tier qb.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #725 on: March 12, 2012, 10:09:45 PM »

If Alex is still the qb, I'd be concerned...in fact, I'd be hesitant to bring Randy into the equation sans a top-tier qb.  Alex is far from a top-tier qb.

Alex isnt the greatest QB, but trust me he will find Randy down the field....and oh ya RANDY is now a freakin 49er!!!...soooo happy right now. He adds a major new level to the passing game. Alex needed more weapons..nobody can doubt that..now we have it. It's all on us to win it this year...just gotta get carlos rogers signed..thats really my only worry at this point. Cheers to everyone!  beer

Coop

2012 is like Christmas!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #726 on: March 12, 2012, 11:27:39 PM »

Alex isnt the greatest QB, but trust me he will find Randy down the field....and oh ya RANDY is now a freakin 49er!!!...soooo happy right now. He adds a major new level to the passing game. Alex needed more weapons..nobody can doubt that..now we have it. It's all on us to win it this year...just gotta get carlos rogers signed..thats really my only worry at this point. Cheers to everyone!  beer

Coop

Congrats man!  Randy Fucking Moss is a Niner!  PLUS, ya know he's gonna be out to prove himself.  Even with Alex "Mediocre at Best" Smith at qb, Moss will get you at least 1000 yards and 8 td's...and the ceiling's higher than that.  Awesome stuff Coop.
 ok

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #727 on: March 13, 2012, 01:17:13 AM »

Congrats man!  Randy Fucking Moss is a Niner!  PLUS, ya know he's gonna be out to prove himself.  Even with Alex "Mediocre at Best" Smith at qb, Moss will get you at least 1000 yards and 8 td's...and the ceiling's higher than that.  Awesome stuff Coop.

Thanks dude!  I think Randy could be the difference maker for us...if we had him last season we would the blah blah blah

Coop

2012 is like Christmas!
SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #728 on: March 13, 2012, 01:22:38 AM »

Though Jim Harbaugh may have retired from the NFL as a quarterback in 2000, he?s still got something left in the tank. Just ask Randy Moss, who caught passes from Harbaugh during a workout at 49ers headquarters on Monday before signing a one-year contract with the team.

Judging from his comments during Monday night?s conference call with the media, Moss was impressed with Harbaugh?s throwing ability.

?Yes, he can still bring it at his old age,? Moss said. ?He?s probably sitting there with an ice pack on his shoulder right now, but yeah, he can still wing it.?

Moss, 35, acknowledged that it will be a challenge to return to the NFL after sitting out the 2011 season. Moss last played for the Patriots, Titans and Vikings in 2010, catching a combined 28 passes for 393 yards and five touchdowns in 16 games. For his career, Moss ranks tied for second in touchdowns (153), fifth in receiving yards (14,858) and ninth in receptions (954) in NFL history.

?I accept the challenge to get back into this league and still play at a high level,? Moss said. ?Like I said, whatever my role?s going to be, I just want to go out there and be productive.?

Moss said he?s also looking forward to working with a young group of 49ers receivers. As a 13-year veteran with a successful track record, Moss said he enjoys being in a mentor role.

?I?m ready just to give back anything I have; my work ethic, my knowledge for the game and all the above,? Moss said. ?I?m looking forward to going out here and working with these young guys and coaches included.?

After watching the 49ers reach the NFC Championship game in Harbaugh?s first season as an NFL coach, Moss said San Francisco became an interesting option.

?It was very intriguing for me to reach out to the 49ers and come to give them everything I had today,? Moss said. ?It?s obvious they like what they saw. I don?t want to let them down. I just want to come and get back to what I do, and that?s getting out there playing football and stretching the field.?

Coop

2012 is like Christmas!
SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #729 on: March 14, 2012, 02:28:11 AM »

So we got Moss...resigned Rogers and picked up Cox. It also sounds like B. Lloyd might be a niner soon as well(again)...if this happens we have nobody but ourselves to blame if we cant make it to the superbowl

Also im liking what the Bucs are doing in FA...if the Falcons and Saints keep dicking around in a year or two the Bucs may be the team to beat in that divison

Coop

2012 is like Christmas!
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #730 on: March 14, 2012, 11:10:34 AM »

Reggie Wayne is staying with the Colts while Pierre Gar?on is off to the Redskins, and Brandon Marshall is off to the Bears.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #731 on: March 14, 2012, 11:29:25 AM »

Brandon Marshall is off to the Bears.

Assuming Chicago doesn't contest the trade, based on Marshall's alleged antics on Sunday.

I don't know if they will (or would), but the grounds are there if anyone in the Miami front office knew the full extent of the incident and didn't tell the Bears front office.

Seems like the Bears knew SOMETHING happened (and Emry is spinning it as they knew more than they did), but not the full details.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #732 on: March 14, 2012, 11:56:54 PM »

Let me get this straight: DeSean Jackson loafs through 2011, gets benched for a game, doesn't produce and still gets five years and $48.5 million dollars from Philadelphia? Were all the game tapes erased like in Spygate, leaving the Eagles without any evaluation tools?

Seriously, there's too much money going to plenty of players the past couple of days. Tampa paid too much for Vincent Jackson, the 49ers basically handed $4 million to Randy Moss (though it's all incentive-based), and I think the Redskins accidentally faxed their offer to Pierre Garcon instead of the 1995 Jerry Rice. But still, this kind of scratch for DeSean is too much of a risk.

This situation was tailor-made for the Eagles to walk away from Jackson before even franchise tagging him. Jeremy Maclin would have inherited the role of Defense Stretcher, and Philadelphia could have had its pick of any free-agent WR in a very deep class. They could have paid less and gotten the same amount of production. As dangerous as Jackson is, he's not going to catch more than 50 passes for you. There's money better spent.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8279aff8/article/bang-for-the-buck-wide-receivers-offer-no-guarantees?module=HP11_cp

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #733 on: March 15, 2012, 06:12:10 PM »

Let me get this straight: DeSean Jackson loafs through 2011, gets benched for a game, doesn't produce and still gets five years and $48.5 million dollars from Philadelphia? Were all the game tapes erased like in Spygate, leaving the Eagles without any evaluation tools?

Seriously, there's too much money going to plenty of players the past couple of days. Tampa paid too much for Vincent Jackson, the 49ers basically handed $4 million to Randy Moss (though it's all incentive-based), and I think the Redskins accidentally faxed their offer to Pierre Garcon instead of the 1995 Jerry Rice. But still, this kind of scratch for DeSean is too much of a risk.

This situation was tailor-made for the Eagles to walk away from Jackson before even franchise tagging him. Jeremy Maclin would have inherited the role of Defense Stretcher, and Philadelphia could have had its pick of any free-agent WR in a very deep class. They could have paid less and gotten the same amount of production. As dangerous as Jackson is, he's not going to catch more than 50 passes for you. There's money better spent.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8279aff8/article/bang-for-the-buck-wide-receivers-offer-no-guarantees?module=HP11_cp

A $4 million incentive-laiden contract for Randy Moss 2012 is a STEAL!
A healthy DeSean Jackson is a scary weapon too...I think he's getting fair market value...remember, he is one of the best punt-returners in the game as well.
The Eagles NEED to address their lack of a red zone target WR...and NO I don't think it's Plaxico.  I can't wait to see who overpays for Plaxico 2012, which is basically a slightly taller possession receiver a-la Keyshawn Johnson.
The Bills D-line sure looks good!
I love Megatron in Detroit...but holy damn did you see his contract?  If I'm in the NFL, I'm hiring HIS agent!
It's only March, and the NFL still fucking rules.   smoking

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #734 on: March 15, 2012, 06:19:46 PM »

The Bills D-line sure looks good!

Fitzpatrick at QB ain't gunna' get 'em to a Super Bowl, though. They probably should have made a play for Kyle Orton or somebody.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #735 on: March 16, 2012, 04:06:16 AM »

Is it just me or are the redskins continuing to just bury themselves farther and farther down the pile of shit they've built ever since snyder bought the team?

Last year it seemed like they were starting to dig out with some of the moves they made and the draft but...

Trading 3 firsts (1 was swapped but still techincly gave up 3) and a 2nd to move up to draft a guy who probably will fail at the nfl level. At least i think he will. And than they go out and sign Garcon, who has some talent, but hasn't got over 1000 yards in his first 4 years (900+ this year was the closet, 700+ the previous 2) and no more than 6 tds in a season, to a 5 year deal worth close to $50 million. Garcon was second to reggie wayne, who defenses treat like a legit number one and one of the top wr's in the leauge, leaving garcon to one on one coverages. Wide recievers are getting over paid. I know its a passing leauge but you can't just go out and give any decent number 2 wide reciever big money. I just don't get it.

But than again if i was the colts i would have tried like hell to keep manning and traded that pick for more than washington gave. Someone would of given up more for an unproven prospect, a great looking one but still completly unproven. Im not saying the colts shouldn't draft him but i just feel that no prospect is worth that much. Take the picks i say. I guess im more conservative when it comes to these types of things. Maybe its because im hard pressed to find one team that made this type of crazy trade that the redskins did and also made the superbowl over the last ten years or longer.   smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #736 on: March 16, 2012, 07:09:10 AM »

Is it just me or are the redskins continuing to just bury themselves farther and farther down the pile of shit they've built ever since snyder bought the team?

Last year it seemed like they were starting to dig out with some of the moves they made and the draft but...

Trading 3 firsts (1 was swapped but still techincly gave up 3) and a 2nd to move up to draft a guy who probably will fail at the nfl level. At least i think he will. And than they go out and sign Garcon, who has some talent, but hasn't got over 1000 yards in his first 4 years (900+ this year was the closet, 700+ the previous 2) and no more than 6 tds in a season, to a 5 year deal worth close to $50 million. Garcon was second to reggie wayne, who defenses treat like a legit number one and one of the top wr's in the leauge, leaving garcon to one on one coverages. Wide recievers are getting over paid. I know its a passing leauge but you can't just go out and give any decent number 2 wide reciever big money. I just don't get it.

But than again if i was the colts i would have tried like hell to keep manning and traded that pick for more than washington gave. Someone would of given up more for an unproven prospect, a great looking one but still completly unproven. Im not saying the colts shouldn't draft him but i just feel that no prospect is worth that much. Take the picks i say. I guess im more conservative when it comes to these types of things. Maybe its because im hard pressed to find one team that made this type of crazy trade that the redskins did and also made the superbowl over the last ten years or longer.   smoking

I don't know the 'skins well enough to know the answer to this:

What's their cap/payroll situation like.

I ask because I know NEXT year, along with the cap, there's actually a floor (minimum) per team.  I've seen some "odd" signings that have then been explained/attributed to the fact that the team NEEDS to get to the floor so they're overpaying.

Any chance that's the case with the Garcon signing?

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #737 on: March 16, 2012, 10:13:08 AM »

Manning is meeting a private plane, in Raleigh Durham, en route from Denver.  Think it's the Bronco's private jet.....

Whether it's another meeting with the Broncos, a workout, or a deal signing.....unknown.

Think it might be all 3.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 10:15:50 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #738 on: March 16, 2012, 10:33:12 AM »

People on the plane:

John Elway,  Brian Xanders, John Fox,  Mike McCoy, Adam Gase, and a bunch of doctors/trainers.

Together again,
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #739 on: March 16, 2012, 10:52:17 AM »

People on the plane:

John Elway,  Brian Xanders, John Fox,  Mike McCoy, Adam Gase, and a bunch of doctors/trainers.

Fuck!!  As a Raider fan I am obviously not thrilled about this, at the same time, what does he have left in the tank?  Can he hold up in a regular season?  How will he react to that first big hit?  Lots of questions still to be answered, but I would be way more comfortable with him in Arizona or Tennessee.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: