Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:50:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses Nominated for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses Nominated for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame  (Read 29442 times)
Bodhi
Legend

« on: September 27, 2011, 07:55:57 AM »

First year of eligibility!!!

GUNS N' ROSES Nominated For ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME Induction - Sep. 27, 2011

GUNS N' ROSES is among 15 finalists for induction into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame. Also hitting the ballot for the first time are THE CURE, HEART, JOAN JETT AND THE BLACKHEARTS, ERIC B. AND RAKIM, THE SPINNERS, THE SMALL FACES/FACES, FREDDY KING and RUFUS WITH CHAKA KHAN, while previous nominees BEASTIE BOYS, LAURA NYRO, WAR DONOVAN and RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS also made the cut. Votes will be cast by a group of more than 500 musicians and industry professionals; of the 15 nominees, the five that get the most votes will be announced in January and inducted into the Hall Of Fame at its 27th annual ceremony on April 14, 2012 in Cleveland, Ohio, home to the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame And Museum.

GUNS N' ROSES was nominated in its first year of eligibility.

"It's a great honor," former GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Gilby Clarke told The Plain Dealer. "The band deserves it. It was a long time coming."

Acts become eligible 25 years after the release of their first record.

Eccentric singer Axl Rose is the only original member of the current GUNS N' ROSES lineup, and while he has recently been on friendlier terms with guitarist Izzy Stradlin and bass player Duff McKagan, he and guitarist Slash are not on speaking terms.

Asked about what the former bandmates will do if they are inducted, Slash said, "We'll cross that bridge when we get there . . . If they're gonna pass you over, I don't think it's worth worrying about too much."

Earlier this year, former GUNS N' ROSES bassist Duff McKagan spoke to MusicRadar.com about the possibility of the band being inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame.

"My only experience with the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame was when VELVET REVOLVER played it and we were inducting VAN HALEN," he said. "That whole band was supposed to be there, including David Lee Roth ? we were going to do a song with him. It all started falling apart in the two weeks leading up to the gig. It was sad to watch?

"We were just the innocent band that was there to play VAN HALEN songs, and we saw their whole thing crumble. To see Michael Anthony and Sammy Hagar show up, when it was supposed to be everybody... Michael and Sammy were really cool guys and good sports about it, but they took all the heat over the situation. A lot of heat.

"I don't know if I want to set myself up for heat. It's going to be a debacle, isn't it? A press debacle. I just don't know what else to say about it."

Slash said that he was glad to see Alice Cooper going in this year, and as for who has been overlooked, the guitarist said, "The one that comes to mind right off the bat ? and it's not even a band that I'm a huge fan of but definitely is eligible ? is KISS. And I know that they've been passed over every fucking year."
mustaine
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 08:10:47 AM »

http://rockhall.com/get-involved/interact/poll/

Vote for GN'R.
richwoman
VIP

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 08:12:08 AM »

This is a difficult one isn`t it ? it`s good to be recognised, but all it does is open old wounds and bring up reunion talk and new verses old and then Axl gets all the crap thrown at him maybe it`s best not to win!
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 08:13:58 AM »

Guns in the lead-let's blow every other band away.

libertad
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2011, 08:15:24 AM »

This is a difficult one isn`t it ? it`s good to be recognised, but all it does is open old wounds and bring up reunion talk and new verses old and then Axl gets all the crap thrown at him maybe it`s best not to win!

Reunion talk will be around Guns no matter what happens.

libertad
cineater
Legend

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2011, 08:16:46 AM »

Congrats GNR.  Cheesy

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2011, 08:17:36 AM »

"April 14, 2012"

better prepare, Axl   Wink

Re-Union time, baby!!
Annie
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2011, 08:32:15 AM »

I think they will win for sure, and yes there will be alot of drama. hihi KISS deserves recognition as well. beer
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2011, 08:38:09 AM »

i dont think that we will see slash there its either he or axl ... and axl of course mayby other old members thou
or maybe no one just gilby Grin

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
mustaine
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2011, 08:48:12 AM »

I think they will win for sure, and yes there will be alot of drama. hihi KISS deserves recognition as well. beer

Deep Purple, Judas Priest, Rush and Stevie Ray Vaughan come to mind as the most shocking snubs in my opinion. Then there are also Kiss (as you pointed out), Bad Company, Thin Lizzy and Iron Maiden (although I'm not a huge fan of Maiden they deserve to be there)... and there are probably more.

Edit: I actually forgot about Mot?rhead and then there is also M?tley Cr?e.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 09:03:59 AM by mustaine » Logged
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2011, 08:58:28 AM »

I'm not holding my breathe for classic GN'R to show up, but I'd tune in if The Faces made an appearance.
Such an underrated band.
Perfect Criminal
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2011, 09:05:11 AM »

http://rockhall.com/inductees/

http://www.670kboi.com/rssItem.asp?feedid=115&itemid=29730995
Yesterday
Rocker

"It seems like forever and a day....."

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2011, 09:11:25 AM »

They should get in on the first ballot, but who knows....they deserve it.....Would be an interesting ceremony though lol.........

Time just fades the pages in my book of memories...
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2011, 09:49:03 AM »

Would be pretty awesome if they actualy did something with it (Guns meaning)

Or Izzy could just perform with Duff, Slash and steven or gilby and matt or whatever...
Mike McKagan
Rocker

I'm a small town white boy...

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2011, 10:22:32 AM »

Here's a poll the RARHOF is conducting.  So far, GN'R is in the lead.  Let's keep 'em there!   ok

http://rockhall.com/get-involved/interact/poll/

VR--Nashville, TN--10/16/2004
GN'R--Portland, OR--12/11/2006
GN'R--Rosemont, IL--11/15/2011
GN'R--Nashville, TN--07/09/2016
GN'R--Saint Louis, MO--09/09/2023
ChiDem2010
Rocker

« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2011, 10:22:44 AM »

Would be pretty awesome if they actualy did something with it (Guns meaning)

Or Izzy could just perform with Duff, Slash and steven or gilby and matt or whatever...

Well I am hoping if and when they are inducted that they forget about things for a night and stand together and remember that they wouldn't be where they are now without having been together in the first place.
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2011, 10:27:33 AM »

They won't get in this year. (Not that I think they shouldn't) The RNRHOF is usually so douchy and if the past is any indication, they skip over a lot of bands that should have gotten in their first year of eligibility. It'll be a few years before they finally get inducted.

Axl is God.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2011, 10:30:44 AM »

Who decides what members get inducted?  I know Metallica made the decision for their induction.  Is that how it always works?
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2011, 10:31:07 AM »

I was pretty surprised the Chili Peppers didn't get in on the first ballot last year. Out of those nominees I can't imagine how RHCP and GNR don't get in. But the Hall is funny like that. Also, they really fucked up by letting all this hip hop music in. Is that rock and roll? And if we let in hip hop where does it stop?

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2011, 10:51:13 AM »

Who decides what members get inducted?  I know Metallica made the decision for their induction.  Is that how it always works?
I thought the Hall decided and Metallica was just nice enough to invite all the members to the event.  I could be wrong though.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: