Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 01:07:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227801 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Growing Up with GNR
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Growing Up with GNR  (Read 1589 times)
tcb20
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: December 19, 2011, 05:10:10 PM »

I have a lot of free time at my job (factory work) and I am still thinking of the Indy show on 12/8.  Which in turn got me to thinking about how long GNR has been in my life.

- I DID see the WTTJ video in the middle of the night, and was stunned at what i saw/heard.  Took me a week, but tracked down a cassette of AFD.  Listened once and told EVERYONE in school that this was going to be the next big band!!
- Getting my hands on a two 45 bootleg set called "Appetite for Demolition".  Had Don't Cry and the guitar version of November Rain.  Nobody want to understand it was unreleased...they thought I was all crazy.
- Getting my hands on my fist bootleg cd....44 Horticulture.  The 9 minute piano version of November Rain was on there and listened to it over and over.
- Going to see Aerosmith...just because GNR was the opening band!!
- Sitting all day at Farm Aid waiting on GNR to come and leaving as soon as the got off stage!!
- Getting the Illusion demos on 2 LP bootleg set months before the albums came out.  Went to both show in Indy (Noblesville) before the albums came out and singing along to some of the new songs and people around us wanting to know if i knew the band!!
- Getting 10th row, dead center tickets to see GNR and Metallica at the Hoosier Dome for a graduation gift.
asdf gunner
Rocker

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 05:52:36 PM »

I kinda feel the same as you, even if I didnt even know the band existed in the old days  hihi

Great post, but I don't think it's on the correct forum Wink

What's so civil about W.A.R anyway?...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: