Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:08:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227808 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses Nominated for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses Nominated for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame  (Read 29847 times)
Jeramy
Rocker

« Reply #100 on: December 06, 2011, 02:32:48 AM »

what does eddie trunk care?  the rock and roll hall of fame is a joke to him.... right?

but if this is true then...
CONGRATULATIONS GNR!!!!  beer beer  CONGRATULATIONS GNR!!!!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 03:02:30 AM by Jeramy » Logged

"He's in my band, that's where Slash is, fuckhead. Go home!"
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #101 on: December 06, 2011, 03:12:03 AM »

'They should all play'? Let's be clear this is an honour for Old Guns! If you wanna play safe lets call it an honour for Axl. Now more importantly can one get tickets to induction ceremony??
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #102 on: December 06, 2011, 03:13:21 AM »

Congratulations to Guns N' Roses, past and present members.  And everyone that helped make it happen.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #103 on: December 06, 2011, 03:26:25 AM »

Yes, i believe the general public can attend this event.
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #104 on: December 06, 2011, 05:06:12 AM »

Congratulations Guys!! I'm not big on honors like this but it is held as one of the biggest honors you can receive. So I have to admit this is totally cool. Not sure how this is going to go down but I am looking forward too seeing what happens.

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
kukol1978
Rocker

« Reply #105 on: December 06, 2011, 06:41:36 AM »

Cool,i would love to see the clasic line-up at least in the same photo.I think its imposible ,but sometimes miracles happen....and shit also. hihi
crthiel
Headliner

Hello Time bomb

« Reply #106 on: December 06, 2011, 08:43:05 AM »

If it is announced tomorrow...well, he's playing Youngstown, which for all intents and purposes is Cleveland for this tour.  As we all know, Cleveland is home to the RnR HOF.   I hope he hears the news and decides to reward those in attendance with a really long set or maybe some surprises! drool
ereeper
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #107 on: December 06, 2011, 08:43:48 AM »

It's a short drive to Cleveland.  Depending on who attends, I may be there.

Toledo   1991
Detroit  1992
Detroit  1993
Chicago 2002
Detroit  2002
Detroit  2006
Detroit  2011
Chicago 2012
Detroit 2012
HOF      2012
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #108 on: December 06, 2011, 09:29:00 AM »

Congratulations GN'R !@ From Genesis To Abril 2012.

Ole > RIP
West > RIP

Afd Line Up, Ilussion Line Up, CHinDem Line Up, 2001/2002/2006/2007 Line Up, etc, etc...

All Congratulations !@

beer

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #109 on: December 06, 2011, 09:30:22 AM »

Congratulations GN'R !@ From Genesis To Abril 2012.

Ole > RIP
West > RIP

Afd Line Up, Ilussion Line Up, CHinDem Line Up, 2001/2002/2006/2007 Line Up, etc, etc...

All Congratulations !@

beer

I can never understand what the hell you write.

Anyways, looks like I will be heading to Ohio in April!
billsguy
Rocker

« Reply #110 on: December 06, 2011, 09:47:14 AM »

Well if I'm not mistaken the ceremony is usually in new York but I hope it is in Cleveland.

Mike
Annie
« Reply #111 on: December 06, 2011, 09:49:38 AM »

This is fabulous news! However it plays out will certainly be exciting!
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #112 on: December 06, 2011, 10:25:24 AM »

Well, one thing's for certain. Invited or not, we know Steven will be there. (And I wouldn't be surprised if he's the only one that shows up) I really don't expect anything major to happen. I highly doubt Axl and certain others will even share the same room together, much less the stage.

Axl is God.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #113 on: December 06, 2011, 10:37:35 AM »

I remember after the Van Halen fiasco, a representative for the HOF said they would never go through that again. Curious if Axl had to agree to something prior to them getting inducted. Considering his feelings on the Metal Show interview and how much he knew it meant to the fans, we may be in for a surprise. Maybe they all had to agree to something. Maybe like Axl would agree to do one song with the old lineup and Slash would agree to play a song with the current group.

Would be surreal seeing Slash jamming with and right next to Ron Thal.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #114 on: December 06, 2011, 10:49:57 AM »

Well if I'm not mistaken the ceremony is usually in new York but I hope it is in Cleveland.

I think you are mistaken...

http://www.couragepac.com/rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-induction-ceremony-booked-for-april-14-2012-at-public-auditorium-in-cleveland-2/

ok
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #115 on: December 06, 2011, 10:57:06 AM »

I remember after the Van Halen fiasco, a representative for the HOF said they would never go through that again. Curious if Axl had to agree to something prior to them getting inducted. Considering his feelings on the Metal Show interview and how much he knew it meant to the fans, we may be in for a surprise. Maybe they all had to agree to something. Maybe like Axl would agree to do one song with the old lineup and Slash would agree to play a song with the current group.

Would be surreal seeing Slash jamming with and right next to Ron Thal.

I dont think the Hall of Fame itself or its representatives have anything to do with inducting Guns N' Roses.  Various musicians and the members of the media actually do the voting.  So Axl or any of the old members having to agree to anything to get in probably didn't happen.

However now that they are in , the Hall of Fame or its reps may try to do something to prevent a Van Halen situation, whether it be who they extend invitations to, or whatever restrictions they put on the event.  NOW the ball would be in the HOF's court, I don't think they had any say prior to the vote.
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #116 on: December 06, 2011, 12:32:40 PM »

If this is true congrats!! This will be interesting to see how it plays out. NY Times  had an article where they state that an artist who is inducted into the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame  can increase sales of their records by 40%-60%. The article also stated that  IF the original band were to reunite after the HOF then they would make hundred of millions of dollars.Here is the link: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/04/business/in-rock-hall-of-fame-vote-a-battle-of-industry-egos.html?pagewanted=all . So this will be interesting to say the least.
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #117 on: December 06, 2011, 12:59:09 PM »

If this is true congrats!! This will be interesting to see how it plays out. NY Times  had an article where they state that an artist who is inducted into the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame  can increase sales of their records by 40%-60%. The article also stated that  IF the original band were to reunite after the HOF then they would make hundred of millions of dollars.Here is the link: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/04/business/in-rock-hall-of-fame-vote-a-battle-of-industry-egos.html?pagewanted=all . So this will be interesting to say the least.

Well thankfully we all know Axl doesn't do anything for money unless he wants too. This thread should be in the dead horse section, so I apologize for contributing to the same ole argument, but it would actually bother me to see Axl get onstage with Slash. He's worked way too hard and been way to adament about rebuilding Guns, it would almost seem as if he'd be throwing all that hard work away. I hope, and I'd bet money, that it won't happen.

Axl is God.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #118 on: December 06, 2011, 01:23:15 PM »

Well thankfully we all know Axl doesn't do anything for money unless he wants too. This thread should be in the dead horse section, so I apologize for contributing to the same ole argument, but it would actually bother me to see Axl get onstage with Slash. He's worked way too hard and been way to adament about rebuilding Guns, it would almost seem as if he'd be throwing all that hard work away. I hope, and I'd bet money, that it won't happen.

Well then... why play any of the classic songs at concerts at all? If Axl truly wanted to distance himself from Slash and the old lineup, he should only perform songs off Chinese Democracy. I would not be against that at all mind you. I would actually love to hear every song off Chinese Democracy performed live. I would happily have Axl stop doing some of the older songs if it meant I could also hear If The World and TWAT added to the current setlist.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
axlssis
Rocker

Here Today...somewhat

« Reply #119 on: December 06, 2011, 02:08:52 PM »

Oh man, let the speculation of who will attend and perform begin. Honestly i hope all the original lineup does attend and can for at least one night put things aside and play together.

amen......i totally agree
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: