Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:22:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227787 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses Nominated for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses Nominated for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame  (Read 29796 times)
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #120 on: December 06, 2011, 02:29:22 PM »

I totally disagree. I'm glad that he's playing AFD songs. That was what people want to hear. CD was good, but not as good as the classic stuff. I'm curious when to hear stuff from this lineup since I think it would be a much better album. Axl's voice is back and this band is really good! I do think it will be interesting to see Axl and Slash play together at the HOF. This isn't a Dead Horse topic btw. The induction of the HOF creates new angles for GNR.
Boromir
VIP

« Reply #121 on: December 06, 2011, 02:38:58 PM »

I want Axl with his boys up there, not the 'old' guns.

Keep Calm and Listen to Guns N' Roses!
icpillusions
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #122 on: December 06, 2011, 03:20:06 PM »

Everyone that was an official member and contributed significantly should get recognition.
Boromir
VIP

« Reply #123 on: December 06, 2011, 03:39:36 PM »

Everyone that was an official member and contributed significantly should get recognition.

That's right too, GNR its like a big family

Keep Calm and Listen to Guns N' Roses!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #124 on: December 06, 2011, 04:04:10 PM »

Everyone that contributed to AFD, Lies, UYI and CD deserves to be recognized, period. They all played a part in the bands history.
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #125 on: December 06, 2011, 04:24:26 PM »

I'd love to see Axl doing the "Dublin Protest" thing where his stood on the spot and sung, with the AFD line-up on a couple of songs and then bring on the current line-up and show the others what they could of had, playing TWAT, TIL and Sorry...  smoking

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #126 on: December 06, 2011, 04:25:42 PM »

Everyone that contributed to AFD, Lies, UYI and CD deserves to be recognized, period. They all played a part in the bands history.
+1 in truth, my last post was tongue in cheek, but would be cool if it happened.

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #127 on: December 06, 2011, 05:16:59 PM »

My guess is that the older music got GNR in the Hall, not any bit of Chinese (although good).  -I think it should be the guys who contributed on the older albums.  The new band just hasn't done enough yet.

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #128 on: December 06, 2011, 05:18:13 PM »

Or maybe play a couple older songs with those guys.  And then bring out new band and play a new song.

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #129 on: December 06, 2011, 05:22:50 PM »

Guys, I hate to be Debbie Downer here. But I wouldn't get your hopes up about performances or anything like that. Something tells me Axl won't get involved and we'll have some combination of Slash, Duff, Steven accepting. Some newer rock group will perform a fairly bad GNR cover.

I hope I'm wrong but I really don't want to read "this ceremony was a joke" type comments on here come March or whenever this is. Keep your expectations low and hope to be pleasantly surprised.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #130 on: December 06, 2011, 05:28:01 PM »

we will be subjected to witness Asking Alexandria perform wttj to close the show  nervous
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #131 on: December 06, 2011, 05:28:20 PM »

Guys, I hate to be Debbie Downer here. But I wouldn't get your hopes up about performances or anything like that. Something tells me Axl won't get involved and we'll have some combination of Slash, Duff, Steven accepting. Some newer rock group will perform a fairly bad GNR cover.

I hope I'm wrong but I really don't want to read "this ceremony was a joke" type comments on here come March or whenever this is. Keep your expectations low and hope to be pleasantly surprised.

I'm not so sure. Axl on that metal show didn't seem opposed to being there. He understands what an honor this is.
Annie
« Reply #132 on: December 06, 2011, 05:29:01 PM »

My guess is that the older music got GNR in the Hall, not any bit of Chinese (although good).  -I think it should be the guys who contributed on the older albums.  The new band just hasn't done enough yet.
Well the new guys are playing the hell out of the back catalogue.!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #133 on: December 06, 2011, 05:29:12 PM »

Or maybe play a couple older songs with those guys.  And then bring out new band and play a new song.

This would be the ideal way to go.
gnr85
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #134 on: December 06, 2011, 05:35:33 PM »

This is amazing for guns n roses. im happy for all members. My only question is, if you want the members who helped out with CD does that mean some of you are expecting BH Brain and others to be there too?

It Tastes Good Don't It?
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #135 on: December 06, 2011, 05:41:50 PM »

I really love Buckethead. I miss him and really hope he contributes to future albums. His work on Chinese Democracy is in another Universe. I loved the oddness of him and Axl together too. It was just so strangely beautiful. So fuck yea why not.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #136 on: December 06, 2011, 05:46:21 PM »

It would be nice to see everyone that contributed to all albums but i don't know if you could fit them all on the stage!
Annie
« Reply #137 on: December 06, 2011, 06:09:13 PM »

I really love Buckethead. I miss him and really hope he contributes to future albums. His work on Chinese Democracy is in another Universe. I loved the oddness of him and Axl together too. It was just so strangely beautiful. So fuck yea why not.
I totally agree. Buckethead is amazing.
LordRazZ
VIP

I haven't updated this section in years. Tada.

« Reply #138 on: December 06, 2011, 06:50:25 PM »

If Tracy and Roberta aren't there, I'm boycotting  smoking

Guys....don't start with the whole "Who should be there, who shouldn't" battle back and forth. The band, whether it be current or past members, will come to an agreement, and certain members out of the small Metropolis known as GnRland will show up. I'm not saying it will be an amicable agreement, but it'll be an agreement  hihi

But yeah. Steven Adler is totally going to be there.

And maybe Paul Huge  Grin

The last time I edited my signature, I still had ICQ.  That's crazy.
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #139 on: December 06, 2011, 07:10:22 PM »

I don't think it will be like the Van Halen debacle. I can totally see a one off performance by the original band.  Btw, I always thought that the ceremony was in New York not Cleveland.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: