Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:29:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses Nominated for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses Nominated for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame  (Read 29925 times)
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2011, 10:57:31 AM »

Who decides what members get inducted?  I know Metallica made the decision for their induction.  Is that how it always works?
I thought the Hall decided and Metallica was just nice enough to invite all the members to the event.  I could be wrong though.

James said that they decided if you played on a record you were in.  So that meant James, Lars, Kirk,Jason, Robert, Cliff no Dave Mustaine or Rod McGoveny
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2011, 11:09:12 AM »

I'm not sure how they decide, but seems a no brainer to me.

Axl, Izzy, Slash, Duff, Steven, Sorum.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2011, 11:24:32 AM »

Congrats GNR! 

Would love to see the original 5 do a song or two if they get inducted.  Wont happen though.  Think Axl addressed it before and said he wouldnt do it.   
If they done it, public demand for a reunion would be huge.  which obviosuly wouldnt be very good for the current band

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2011, 12:22:50 PM »

Congrats to GN'R indeed, and I would love for them to be inducted but for me the new band would have to be "the" GN'R what's on show. I know alot of your will think that this is stupid, but that's the truth. GN'R is still rocking today, so if GN'R get inducted the Guns N' Roses of 2011 are the band who the festivities should be about.

Some people might not like it done that way, especially the oldschool fans, but the fact is, is that it would have to be this way for it to go ahead. Guns N' Roses gets inducted = Guns N' Roses of 2012 will turn up... simple.  Smiley
Perfect Criminal
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2011, 12:29:49 PM »

Congrats to GN'R indeed, and I would love for them to be inducted but for me the new band would have to be "the" GN'R what's on show. I know alot of your will think that this is stupid, but that's the truth. GN'R is still rocking today, so if GN'R get inducted the Guns N' Roses of 2011 are the band who the festivities should be about.

Some people might not like it done that way, especially the oldschool fans, but the fact is, is that it would have to be this way for it to go ahead. Guns N' Roses gets inducted = Guns N' Roses of 2012 will turn up... simple.  Smiley

The problem with that school of thought is that the new lineup has done nothing that would qualify them for the Hall of Fame.  No matter what we think here, one album with poor sales and no hits does not qualify you for the HOF.

They would be getting in almost exclusively on what they did between 1987 and 1993.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2011, 12:31:08 PM »

I agree, with Dizzy as well.  He is the original keyboard player, plays on the Illusions and has been in the band since 89.
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2011, 12:35:20 PM »

I agree, with Dizzy as well.  He is the original keyboard player, plays on the Illusions and has been in the band since 89.

Yea I guess I could see Dizzy in there.
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2011, 01:10:31 PM »

They won't get in this year. (Not that I think they shouldn't) The RNRHOF is usually so douchy and if the past is any indication, they skip over a lot of bands that should have gotten in their first year of eligibility. It'll be a few years before they finally get inducted.

They'll get in on the first ballot. None of the snubbed bands can lay claim to being the biggest rock act on the planet for 3-4 years. That is very rare company to be in. Besides, Rolling Stone Magazine loves them. The magazine's publisher is the main guy who decides which artists make it in. He loves Guns probably because he enjoys their music but also because of the controversy that has always surrounded the band, which helps sell more magazines.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2011, 01:15:38 PM »

Here's my prediction: Axl never even responds to the HOF about who to induct so they go with the Appetite lineup by default. Everyone stays away except Steven Adler who gives a mumbling, slightly embarassing acceptance speech. Don't get your hopes up about this ceremony fellow GNR fans.

That being said, the HOF is a total joke if they don't get in on the first ballot.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2011, 01:20:06 PM »

I can't picture Axl or Izzy showing up, but wouldn't be surprised if Slash, Duff, Steven and Matt did.
It's all or nothing though. Otherwise I can't imagine it creating much interest. HOFs in general sort of seem like a joke anyway.
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2011, 01:22:58 PM »

so whats Axl goin to do?
giving some newer official press release or some rant about it? ignoring the whole thing? touring during that time? joining the classic line-up for that 1 time? hiding again when time has come for RAR HOF?

Re-Union time, baby!!
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2011, 01:53:08 PM »

Poll is rigged by a RHCP voting bot. Going up by around one vote per second. The sad thing is the nerd who did it probably thinks he's making an impact, but the reality is rigging the poll will only make the Hall of Fame even more reluctant to induct RHCP. It's a political decision by a small number of people. Apparently there is already resistance to RHCP or they would have already made it in. One of their fans hacking the poll will only make it even more difficult for them to get in.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2011, 01:57:06 PM »

Nothing against Gilby Clarke, but I was surprised to see the first comment from him "It's a great honor."

But this is not a surprise. Cheesy

From Steven Adler:

RT @MAdlerLV: Uncle Steven!! RT @samantharonson: GN'R NOMINEES TO THE ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME FOR 2012! VOTE ONLINE GUYS! PLEASE!

2 hours ago via UberSocial for BlackBerry

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2011, 02:17:57 PM »

Can't this link be posted in the main section? The Red Hot Chili Peppers have pulled ahead.

libertad
Mr Bootlegs
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2011, 02:26:50 PM »

This story is reported all over the press, even on tv! I come to my GNR fan site and it's in the fucking dead horse section. Sort your life out Jarmo!
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2011, 02:35:33 PM »

Can't this link be posted in the main section? The Red Hot Chili Peppers have pulled ahead.

Posting it in the main section won't change anything. There is a RHCP voting bot that is rigging the results. It's voting around one time every second. There is no way to keep up with that unless you rig it in favor of GN'R.
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2011, 03:16:22 PM »

hmm. in my opinion the visceral hatred between Axl and Slash prevents anything concerning this.

the nicest way to do it would be having ALL the members, original and present, showing up together.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
johnreed3344
Rocker

« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2011, 04:05:57 PM »

Congrats to GNR dont hold your breath for a reunion tho!

12/5/02
5/17/06
11/5/06
11/17/11
11/26/11
2/10/12
2/24/12
6/8/13
4/8/16
4/16/16
7/14/16
7/23/16
10/11/17
10/12/17
10/15/17
10/16/17
7/1/18
10/1/19
8/5/21
8/11/23
8/15/23 NE
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2011, 04:47:21 PM »

From MTV:

Guns N' Roses, Eric B. & Rakim Nab Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Nods
Joan Jett, Heart, the Cure and the Spinners also among nominees.

Led by the mercurial Rose, GN'R re-invented hard rock with 1987's Appetite for Destruction, which featured such indelible glam-punk hits as "Welcome to the Jungle," "Paradise City," "Sweet Child o' Mine" and "It's So Easy." The band splintered a decade later amid a clash of egos, disagreement over musical direction and drug issues that resulted in Rose soldiering on alone with a parade of replacement sidemen.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1671580/guns-n-roses-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame.jhtml

More:

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/44685430/ns/today-entertainment/

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_blog/2011/09/rock-hall-nominees-guns-roses-red-hot-chili-peppers.html

Pic's 2006 & 2010
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 04:55:08 PM by HBK » Logged

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
big_machine
Rocker

DON`T SAY BAD WORDS

« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2011, 06:04:47 PM »

http://rockhall.com/get-involved/interact/poll/
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »