Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:12:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses Nominated for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses Nominated for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame  (Read 29908 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2011, 07:11:41 PM »

Who decides what members get inducted?  I know Metallica made the decision for their induction.  Is that how it always works?
I thought the Hall decided and Metallica was just nice enough to invite all the members to the event.  I could be wrong though.

HOF decides

Bruce Springsteen got in but the E Street band did not.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2011, 07:59:56 PM »

Who decides what members get inducted?  I know Metallica made the decision for their induction.  Is that how it always works?
I thought the Hall decided and Metallica was just nice enough to invite all the members to the event.  I could be wrong though.

HOF decides

Bruce Springsteen got in but the E Street band did not.

yeah that was different though because they are considered 2 different artists, that was also like 15 years ago, I know as recently as 2009 Metallica decided who would get in from their band.  Maybe its different depending on the circumstance.  I think the Hall should decide, since they are the ones inducting them.
King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2011, 08:35:28 PM »

I think it's RIDICULOUS that this thread is in the "Dead Horse" section of the website.

Without old Guns, there would have never been the opportunity for new Guns.

I guess the webmaster can do what he wants (or has to) to keep Axl happy, but for those of us who were around in 1987 to buy Appetite, it sure would be fucking nice for at least a civil ceremony where the ORIGINAL BAND can appear onstage together and be honored for their contribution to rock music.

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2011, 09:13:10 PM »

According to this site, yes:

http://whiplash.net/materias/news_847/138978-gunsnroses.html

cineater
Legend

« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2011, 09:18:41 PM »

I'm having a deja vu moment. 

I think this is the third time.  hihi

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Street of the Blues
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2011, 09:38:39 PM »

Guns N? Roses, the hard rock band whose glory days were in the 1980s, and Eric B. & Rakim, one of the most influential rap groups of that era, were among the 15 artists nominated for induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame next year, the hall announced this morning. Both were nominated in their first year of eligibility.

The other artists who are receiving their first nominations include Freddie King, the Cure, Heart, the Spinners and Joan Jett and the Blackhearts. The list also contains several acts that have been nominated before, among them the Beastie Boys, Donovan, the Red Hot Chili Peppers and War.

The nominees were chosen by 40 critics and musicologists who serve on the hall?s nominating committee. The ballots will now be sent to a larger group of 500 critics, musicians and industry professionals who vote on them. Every year, the hall inducts at least five artists or groups from the list. The choices are announced in late November and a ceremony will be held to honor the inductees on April 14. Next year, the ceremony will be held at the Cleveland Convention Center, as it was in 2008.

The nomination of Guns N? Roses did not come as a surprise. The Los Angeles hard rock band brought a raw sound back to the charts in the late 1980s when pop was dominated by dance music, laying the groundwork for the grunge movement that followed. They were superstars when the original band stopped touring in 1994, having left behind a large catalog of hits, including ?Welcome to the Jungle? and ?Sweet Child O? Mine.?

Eric B. & Rakim ?- the rap duo from Queens ? are credited with raising the bar for rappers when they released their debut single, ?Eric B is President,? in 1986. It was a hard-hitting James Brown sample over which Rakim rapped dense lyrics, packing lines with internal rhymes, meters and wordplay that have influenced most of the top rappers since then. Only two other hip-hop acts are in the hall of fame ? Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five, and Run-D.M.C.

Artists become eligible for the hall of fame 25 years after their debut album or single. Many musicians have careers that span more than three decades, so some hall-of-famers are still touring and recording.

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/09/27/guns-n-roses-and-eric-b-rakim-crack-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-nominee-list/
big_machine
Rocker

DON`T SAY BAD WORDS

« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2011, 10:00:32 PM »

we need people to vote !!!

http://rockhall.com/get-involved/interact/poll/
big_machine
Rocker

DON`T SAY BAD WORDS

« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2011, 10:01:31 PM »

i think thi should envolve the new guns too !!!

JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2011, 10:39:30 PM »

Guns N' Roses, the Cure, Red Hot Chili Peppers Nominated for Rock and Roll Hall of FameOther nominees include Erik B. and Rakim, Joan Jett, the Small Faces/Faces, Beastie Boys and Donovan
 Comment 55
By Andy Greene
September 27, 2011 4:45 AM ET Slash and Axl Rose of Guns N' Roses perform in St. Paul, Minnesota.Jim Steinfeldt/Michael Ochs Archives/GettyImagesNominations for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?s class of 2012 are in. Guns N? Roses, the Cure, Heart, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Eric B. and Rakim, the Spinners, the Small Faces/Faces, Freddie King and Rufus with Chaka Khan are all hitting the ballot for the first time, while previous nominees Beastie Boys, Laura Nyro, War, Donna Summer, Donovan and Red Hot Chili Peppers also made the cut. The top vote-getters will be inducted on April 14th, 2012 in Cleveland, Ohio, home to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum.

Artists that released their first single or album in 1986 or earlier were eligible for this year's ballot. "The 2012 Nominees embody the broad scope of what ?rock & roll? means,? said Joel Peresman, President and CEO of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Foundation. ?From vocal groups to hip-hop, from singer-songwriters to hard rocking artists, this group represents the spirit of what we celebrate at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.?

Many bands ? including the Talking Heads, Cream, the Police and Led Zeppelin ? have put aside longstanding feuds to perform at the Rock and Hall Fall of Fame induction ceremony. If Guns N' Roses are inducted, the group's longtime fans will certainly be hoping for a reunion. "I have no idea how that's supposed to go," Slash said in a 2010 interview when asked about a Hall of Fame reunion. "If Axl, Duff, Izzy and myself start communicating, it could go one way. It we don't, God knows."

In a 2008 fan forum interview, Axl Rose was asked about the possibility of a Guns N' Roses reunion at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. "Never thought about that," he wrote. "Not to offend anyone but personally I don?t have an interest and other than inducting Elton don?t quite get what it is exactly and who decides what. It seems to mean more to some than others and more so amongst fans. It?s nice to get recognition and have some form of acceptance but in regards to joining others the price is too high and just not worth it. It?s a ways away and seems a bit presumptuous to be contemplating being inducted now."

JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2011, 10:40:29 PM »

Should be an interesting year leading up to the awards.  GN'R should get in first try.
big_machine
Rocker

DON`T SAY BAD WORDS

« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2011, 10:50:59 PM »

http://rockhall.com/get-involved/interact/poll/

VOTE !!!!
Gunner17
Rocker

What we got here is...

« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2011, 11:03:20 PM »

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2011/09/27/rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-announces-2012-nominations/?&hpt=hp_c2

Well, that will be interesting...
Gunner17
Rocker

What we got here is...

« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2011, 11:04:44 PM »

Didn't see the post below - sorry for the double up
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2011, 11:20:42 PM »

Jarmo, I totally agree that this belongs in the Dead Horse section, but would you just leave this here so we don't have to see 20,000 different people post it. It's getting annoying, haha.

Axl is God.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2011, 12:28:54 AM »

GNR and RHCP going in the same year? Shit I may have to go to Cleveland for that.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2011, 12:40:42 AM »

GNR and RHCP going in the same year? Shit I may have to go to Cleveland for that.

yeah im considering a trip for this.  GN'R going to the Hall of Fame is once in a lifetime, no mater who shows or doesnt show.
Mike McKagan
Rocker

I'm a small town white boy...

« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2011, 10:08:12 AM »

Hmm...HitFix doesn't seem to give GN'R much of a chance of getting in on the first ballot.  They also have a comment section, so if you'd like to (respectfully) disagree, I'm sure they'd love the feedback.

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/the-beat-goes-on/posts/commentary-did-the-rock-roll-hall-of-fame-get-it-right-who-gets-our-vote

VR--Nashville, TN--10/16/2004
GN'R--Portland, OR--12/11/2006
GN'R--Rosemont, IL--11/15/2011
GN'R--Nashville, TN--07/09/2016
GN'R--Saint Louis, MO--09/09/2023
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #57 on: September 28, 2011, 07:36:46 PM »

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_blog/2011/09/rock-hall-nominees-guns-roses-red-hot-chili-peppers.html

Guns N' Roses, Red Hot Chili Peppers among Rock Hall nominees
September 27, 2011 | 10:40 am

Pop & Hiss
The L.A. Times music blog

? Previous Post | Pop & Hiss Home | Next Post ?

Guns N' Roses, Red Hot Chili Peppers among Rock Hall nominees
September 27, 2011 | 10:40 am
increase text size decrease text size

Axl Rose Guns N Roses
Guns N? Roses, the Beastie Boys, the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Eric B. & Rakim and the Cure are among the 15 nominees for induction as the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?s class of 2012.

In addition, ?70s female-fronted rock acts Heart and Joan Jett & the Blackhearts are under consideration along with singer-songwriter Laura Nyro, disco queen Donna Summer, R&B collective War and British rock group Small Faces. Blues guitarist and singer Freddie King, R&B band the Spinners and Scottish singer-songwriter Donovan round out the latest batch of Hall of Fame nominees.

Inductees are typically announced in December, ahead of a ceremony that takes place in New York in March.

At least 25 years must have elapsed since a musician or group released its debut recording for the act to be eligible for induction. That makes Guns N? Roses eligible for the first time because the L.A. hard rock outfit?s debut album, ?Appetite for Destruction,? was released in 1987. Likewise, this is the first year of eligibility for rap duo Eric B. & Rakim, whose debut, ?Paid in Full,? also appeared in 1987.

King and Donovan are the senior members of this year?s nominees, having released their first recordings in 1961 and 1965, respectively.

Because of the rancor over the years between Guns N' Roses founding member Axl Rose and former members of the band who have since departed, including guitarist Slash, the group's induction sets up the prospect of a dramatic reunion, if all parties opt to set aside their differences for the occasion. In a similar situation, Creedence Clearwater Revival singer, guitarist and songwriter John Fogerty refused to join with the Bay Area band's surviving members -- bassist Stu Cook and drummer Doug Clifford -- when Creedence was inducted in 1993.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2011, 07:37:17 PM »

Guns N Roses trending at #9 on Yahoo

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #59 on: September 29, 2011, 10:52:37 AM »

ive never liked the whole  rock n roll hall of fame thing its like the hard rock cafes its anti rock n roll all over it self

...so i would kinda like if guns(old and current members) would go fuck this aint happening but im sure that some dude will come anyway
just imagine only steven and gilby there . and that might happen

oh WHY THEY ALL HAVE SUITS THERE? no

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R