Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:25:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses Nominated for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses Nominated for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame  (Read 29441 times)
johnreed3344
Rocker

« Reply #140 on: December 06, 2011, 08:33:11 PM »

AXL, SLASH, IZZY, DUFF, MATT AND DIZZY that is who should be up there maybe STEVEN

i love new guns A LOT, but those are the guys who should go up.

anyway all of this media attention is both good for OLD and NEW Guns.

very happy to be a fan

12/5/02
5/17/06
11/5/06
11/17/11
11/26/11
2/10/12
2/24/12
6/8/13
4/8/16
4/16/16
7/14/16
7/23/16
10/11/17
10/12/17
10/15/17
10/16/17
7/1/18
10/1/19
8/5/21
8/11/23
8/15/23 NE
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #141 on: December 06, 2011, 10:56:46 PM »

After seeing GNR in Nashville, I will say this:

Axl has an amazing true band now. I fully accept this lineup as GNR and i Def want an album and MORE

That being said

Nothing would make me happier than one final goodbye at R N R HOF

I am not asking for he and Slash to be best buds or this n that but just one final tribute to the fans and then let's turn the page once and for all.

This is a career achievement award, so let's celebrate the entire career. takes nothing away from what Axl is doing now.

Regardless of what moronic douchebags like Eddie Trunk think, Rock N Roll HOF is a HUGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Deal.  Fuck that guy.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #142 on: December 07, 2011, 02:17:32 AM »

Regardless of what moronic douchebags like Eddie Trunk think, Rock N Roll HOF is a HUGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Deal.  Fuck that guy.

Definitely a huge deal, I don't think he thinks it isnt, I just think he is pissed about what bands have been left out of it.  If he didn't think it was a big deal he wouldnt get so bent out of shape about it...

That being said I agree with some of the bands that he thinks should be in there and disagree with others.  I think Kiss should be in based off of their success, originality and more importantly their influence, as they have influenced everyone from Sebastian Bach to Kurt Cobain and everyone in between.  However, I'm not sure about a band like Judas Priest, if you put them in there are about 50 other bands you have to put in.  The fact that it is so exclusive makes it a bigger honor.  They don't just put any successful rock band in it..
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #143 on: December 07, 2011, 03:32:03 AM »

Its all official now! Extra Extra read all about it!!!!
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_blog/2011/12/guns-n-roses-red-hot-chili-peppers-among-rock-hall-inductees.html
http://www.billboard.com/news/rock-hall-inductees-2012-guns-n-roses-beastie-1005624552.story#/news/rock-hall-inductees-2012-guns-n-roses-beastie-1005624552.story

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #144 on: December 07, 2011, 05:39:06 AM »

Guys, I hate to be Debbie Downer here. But I wouldn't get your hopes up about performances or anything like that. Something tells me Axl won't get involved and we'll have some combination of Slash, Duff, Steven accepting. Some newer rock group will perform a fairly bad GNR cover.

I hope I'm wrong but I really don't want to read "this ceremony was a joke" type comments on here come March or whenever this is. Keep your expectations low and hope to be pleasantly surprised.

I'm not so sure. Axl on that metal show didn't seem opposed to being there. He understands what an honor this is.

He did say something along the lines of "we'll see what line-up they want to include", which makes me think he's not opposed to the idea, as long as it's the current line-up that gets the credit. I hope I'm wrong, obviously.
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #145 on: December 07, 2011, 06:15:21 AM »

on Blabbermouth the GN'R HOF induction topic immediately is followed by a topic/message from Adler  hihi

Re-Union time, baby!!
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #146 on: December 07, 2011, 10:05:12 AM »

However, I'm not sure about a band like Judas Priest, if you put them in there are about 50 other bands you have to put in.  The fact that it is so exclusive makes it a bigger honor.  They don't just put any successful rock band in it..

My problem with the HOF is that it's gotten so politically correct and muddled in the process. They are now inducting hip hop acts like LL Cool J and disco acts like ABBA and Donna Summer. Is that rock and roll? And if they go in, aren't there 50 other bands just as deserving like you said?

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #147 on: December 07, 2011, 11:31:35 AM »

on Blabbermouth the GN'R HOF induction topic immediately is followed by a topic/message from Adler  hihi

That certainly doesn't surprise.  It's almost expected.  Steven has to be on cloud 9 right now, and deservedly so.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #148 on: December 07, 2011, 11:57:06 AM »

However, I'm not sure about a band like Judas Priest, if you put them in there are about 50 other bands you have to put in.  The fact that it is so exclusive makes it a bigger honor.  They don't just put any successful rock band in it..

My problem with the HOF is that it's gotten so politically correct and muddled in the process. They are now inducting hip hop acts like LL Cool J and disco acts like ABBA and Donna Summer. Is that rock and roll? And if they go in, aren't there 50 other bands just as deserving like you said?

I think they have spread it out where "Rock n Roll" just now means "popular music".  It doesnt mean music that has guitars and drums anymore.
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #149 on: December 07, 2011, 11:59:50 AM »

When you think about it, when it first started, Rock & Roll was almost the only popular music eligible to be entered into the Hall. So they called it the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame. As the years have gone on, more and more genres have become eligible, and there are artists in all of those genres that deserve the recognition just as much as any rock band.
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #150 on: December 07, 2011, 07:50:56 PM »

My problem with the HOF is that it's gotten so politically correct and muddled in the process. They are now inducting hip hop acts like LL Cool J and disco acts like ABBA and Donna Summer. Is that rock and roll?

That's exactly what Eddie Trunk's perspective is, and I agree with it.

Seriously, Donna Summer is in, and bands like Journey, Rush, and Judas Priest aren't?

Kind of like the WWE Hall of Fame -- Koko B. Ware is in, but Randy Savage, Ultimate Warrior, and Demolition aren't.  It's blasphemy.   rant

When you think about it, when it first started, Rock & Roll was almost the only popular music eligible to be entered into the Hall. So they called it the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame. As the years have gone on, more and more genres have become eligible, and there are artists in all of those genres that deserve the recognition just as much as any rock band.

Let them get their own Hall of Fame.  A rap Hall of Fame, a country Hall of Fame, etc.  It would work better that way anyway, as more acts from any genre would get in.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 07:53:05 PM by Bridge » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #151 on: December 07, 2011, 09:34:47 PM »

My problem with the HOF is that it's gotten so politically correct and muddled in the process. They are now inducting hip hop acts like LL Cool J and disco acts like ABBA and Donna Summer. Is that rock and roll?

That's exactly what Eddie Trunk's perspective is, and I agree with it.

Seriously, Donna Summer is in, and bands like Journey, Rush, and Judas Priest aren't?

Kind of like the WWE Hall of Fame -- Koko B. Ware is in, but Randy Savage, Ultimate Warrior, and Demolition aren't.  It's blasphemy.   rant

Let them get their own Hall of Fame.  A rap Hall of Fame, a country Hall of Fame, etc.  It would work better that way anyway, as more acts from any genre would get in.

True but that would be like saying u couldn't put Shawn Michaels into the WWE HOF until Savage gets in... One thing has nothing to do with the other. Those bands belong but not at GNR's expense.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #152 on: December 08, 2011, 05:07:52 AM »

No. Because it was set up for all popular music in the first place. It's not their problem that rock & roll was the only genre with bands old enough to be inducted at the time.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #153 on: December 08, 2011, 09:54:37 AM »

No. Because it was set up for all popular music in the first place. It's not their problem that rock & roll was the only genre with bands old enough to be inducted at the time.

Here's a thought. Will Garth Brooks ever get inducted into the R&R HOF? Of course not, he's country. But you could argue that his music is closer to rock and roll than LL Cool J or Grandmaster Flash. He's also sold loads more records and had more popularity than the majority of the rock acts in there.

So that's my point. I don't have a problem with the HOF including other genres. But it seems that it's just based on what's trendy to include.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #154 on: December 08, 2011, 10:01:03 AM »

maybe? but on the other hand new GN'R aint trendy at all.

Re-Union time, baby!!
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #155 on: December 08, 2011, 10:16:45 AM »

True but that would be like saying u couldn't put Shawn Michaels into the WWE HOF until Savage gets in...

You're not comparing apples to apples there.  Shawn Michaels and Randy Savage deserve it equally, so it wouldn't matter who went in first.  Koko B. Ware does not.

Inducting Koko before those guys is like inducting Vanilla Ice before Guns N Roses.  The Shawn/Randy comparison would be like choosing between GNR and Ozzy Osbourne.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: