Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:21:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Deleted Post - Re: Axl's voice...?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Deleted Post - Re: Axl's voice...?  (Read 7485 times)
SirTed
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: October 04, 2011, 07:13:50 PM »

Why was my thread deleted?

I PM'd a mod and got no response. I had a question regarding Axl's voice, and while it may have stated that I thought he sounded particularly bad (for the greatest frontman of all time) I thought I was careful to be respectful and I even prefaced with "not trolling...blah blah blah."

I've seen Jarmo and maybe some others jump quick to nip negativity in the bud around here, so I know it can be sensitive, but I have to admit I was surprised it got deleted. All I'm asking for is a non snarky response at this point as to why it was deleted.

Hopefully there can be some resolution, a way I could re - word my post or something. I get the whole positivity vibe that you're going for around here, and I think it makes a lot of sense regarding the endless new band vs. old band shit. But I'm not really about all that. I wanted to gauge peoples opinions on the performance, and if in fact someone thought that maybe, just maybe someone else thought that Axl had sounded better previously - maybe there was a reason, or a reason for future optimism (along the lines of an athlete playing themselves into shape, etc.).

Is it really at a time and place on this site where a fan can't question a single thing Guns does or doesn't do? Or not call the latest particular performance the greatest ever. I hope not. I really like this site, and it's great to get my GNR news here and contribute to discussions about my favorite band. Not that I would be missed - but it's kind of a turn of to be subjected to such a knee jerk reaction to your own opinion. Anyway - response?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 11:28:19 AM »

What will that kind of discussion accomplish?

You're not happy with how the sound was on Youtube?

Ok. Too bad.

Now what?

It's pretty ridiculous to be looking for shit to whine about day in and day out. Not saying you do it, but I've seen plenty of people who do.

Always focusing on whatever negative thing they can. Same shit, different day.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 11:32:12 AM »

Ok. Too bad.

Now what?

It's pretty ridiculous to be looking for shit to whine about day in and day out. Not saying you do it, but I've seen plenty of people who do.

/jarmo

Some people might be saying positive things as well. Some people with negative opinions might get educated. As far as I know, those are the objectives of a discussion board.

It's even more concerning that we can't even get a list of topics that are off limits.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 11:34:06 AM »

There's no list.

Don't worry.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 11:40:58 AM »

There's no list.

Don't worry.

/jarmo

So, we're allowed to talk about the voice?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2011, 11:43:13 AM »

I just explained why it was removed and you ask that?

Huh

/jarmo

requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2011, 12:03:52 PM »

I just explained why it was removed and you ask that?

Huh

/jarmo

I don't think that's really an explanation, although I understand why you want to keep the shitstorms to a minimum. What I'm asking, though, is whether or not, not necessarily referencing a specific show, it's ok to talk about Axl's vocal technique.
SirTed
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2011, 12:16:17 PM »

I understand you (Jarmo) probably want to drop this - but hopefully you can give me a little clarification.

Was the thread deleted because of something in my post, or was it because of some of the possible responses to said post?

To be clear -Most of the time I get what you, or the mods, or whoever do here. I've seen a number of posters who come on that are just trying to stir the pot, be shitty and cry to someone that the current Guns isn't the band that they loved...blah blah blah. That's not what I was trying to discuss. To be honest - I wanted a little assurance. I thought that Axl has sounded better. Yes, from a Youtube clip. Unfortunately for me, until they come near the west coast that's all I have. Anyway - I thought Axl voice has sounded better, and I wanted to know if: 1. Other people thought so, 2. If not, great - speak up. 3. If they did, maybe lets discuss whether that's fixable, if it was a one night thing, etc. 4. And - if by any chance that it's not - that it's just something that we're all going to have to accept. Let's discuss that too, civilly. - This is okay too. We're all human. I have no idea what age, on top of living life as one of the greatest (imo THE greatest) rock star that has ever lived does to ones voice. I hold no judgments. The man is  partly responsible for my favorite songs, and many of my favorite moments from my own life.  

When one spends time and energy on a thought, one meant to provoke honest, even handed discussion, only to see it dismissed without explanation - that sucks.

I know you (again, Jarmo) have previously responded, but I had a hard time understanding exactly what you were saying. You asked "What kind of discussion will it accomplish?" Hopefully, I explained what I was going for. I'd like to ask you something - and please I don't mean for this to sound shitty:

What kind of discussion are you trying to avoid?

If the thread turned out to have tons of trolls - lock it, delete it, whatever. In this case, there were already a few responses saying they thought he sounded great. Wonderful. I wish they might have elaborated a bit more, but oh well.  I really can't see, on this site, a thread being overrun by this horde of negative people that (it seems) you avoid.

IMO - when you react so quickly to hush up or nip in the bud this type of talk, it really just looks bad, especially when (again, IMO) I took extra care to be careful and thoughtful, and just not shitty about it.
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2011, 12:30:36 PM »

His voice is fine, unless there's something going on that we don't know (doubtful, unless he was showing damage at their last shows, which I don't recall being the case). Probably just bad conditions making it difficult for him to give 100%.
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2011, 10:05:02 AM »

Ok. Too bad.

Now what?

/jarmo

Some people might be saying positive things as well. Some people with negative opinions might get educated. As far as I know, those are the objectives of a discussion board.

It's even more concerning that we can't even get a list of topics that are off limits.

Any negative statements or topics about Axl Rose or the band as it exists today, any reunion talk, any comparison of today's line up with the original line ups that puts today's version in a negative light.   These topics are not considered potential for any kind of discussion, but are considered to be whiny and insulting.  This is a GnR fansite about today's line up and you either support the band as it is today, whole heartedly, or go somewhere else.  Don't come back and argue with me about it, though.  I don't necessarily agree with it, but I'm just telling you that this is the way it is.     

SirTed - valid points, but you won't win. "Is it really at a time and place on this site where a fan can't question a single thing Guns does or doesn't do? Or not call the latest particular performance the greatest ever. I hope not. I really like this site, and it's great to get my GNR news here and contribute to discussions about my favorite band."  See list above.     

Anyway, there was some discussion about voice in the Rio topic, so you can check that out if you want to read anyone's thoughts.  Hopefully, some of the less than glowing comments still exist and weren't deleted.  I agree - there should be a fair amount of discussion allowed, both good and bad, but then again, sometimes it just turns into petty arguing.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2011, 12:21:30 PM »

It's a fanboard and there is critical discussion about his vocalperformance in the showthreads.

Had it been a tabloidboard it would be free for all to even utilise psychological violence and sexual harassment.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 12:30:29 PM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
SirTed
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2011, 01:54:03 PM »

I just wanted to say that I watched a few videos from Chile (10.5) and I thought the whole band sounded much better. Axl's voice was in better control and Ron's guitar was properly tuned.

My concerns are gone. Can't wait for a west coast appearance.
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2011, 08:20:31 PM »

Can I use this thread to ask a similiar question? Huh

Why was my post about Medina's interview to a brazilian's newspapper, saying he wouldn't invite gnr and elton john for the next edition of his festival - and the posts that followed mine as well - deleted?

I don't want to pick up a fight in here or anything, I just wanted to know the reason, since, in my opinion that wasn't a big deal.

No hard feelings, though! peace

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2011, 11:47:25 AM »

What, 7 years and you still don't know the deal around here? Lol.

Jarmo doesn't want to get Morresey'd and that's that.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2011, 11:23:19 AM »

I don't understand the fascination some people have with promoting bullshit and negativity by posting whatever negative bullshit they can find.

Is it that exciting to read about GN'R that you have to repeat everything that's said? Even when it's attacking the band you love on false grounds?

/jarmo

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: