Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 03:27:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Seattle, WA @ Key Arena Dec 16
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Seattle, WA @ Key Arena Dec 16  (Read 25815 times)
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2011, 10:20:52 PM »

Only two more days until Guns N' Roses ! can't sleep, Friday can't come soon enough.  Leaving Friday afternoon to Seattle.  Can't wait to see Loaded too !

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2011, 10:18:49 AM »

In case someone wants to meet up me and my buddy will be having some drinks prior to the show. We haven?t fully decided where but if you have any suggestions please put them here. In the meantime, via my google search I found cool places like The Funhouse at 206 5th Avenue North, Ozzie's at 105 West Mercer Street and a traditional irish pub called Ts McHugh?s at 21 Mercer Street.

So, here are some suggestions and if anyone is familiar with any of those bars please comment and we might find us a place to meet.

See you on Friday.
Arnarsi although I am a Seattle native I don't spend alot of time in the city, I live on the outskirts in the country so I am not familiar with these places only the area so to speak.  I am going to call if I can these said mentioned places and see if they can do anything for us, will get back to you today, and if not just pick one and we can go from there.  Looking forward to meeting you!!

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
arnarsi
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2011, 10:43:19 AM »

Ok that nice of u, i am at the airport waiting for my flight to seattle. Let me know if they can do sometging for us and if they cant we will just pick a place. Looking forward to see u too.

cool kids just do it
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2011, 03:14:02 PM »

@DuffMcKagan

On way2 Seattle. Last time I played Key Arena...it was the Coliseum. Psyched that Loaded will finally b playing Van BC. Here we go!.

1 hour ago via Twitter for BlackBerry?

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2011, 03:16:21 PM »

except fully arena...last couple shows had a big atendance
arnarsi
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2011, 09:31:32 AM »

Any word from the bars you called? Today is day!!!

cool kids just do it
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2011, 11:47:31 AM »

Just confirmed that Loaded is opening in Seattle and Vancouver.  http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/reverb/2011/12/its_official_duff_mckagans_loa.php

Duff McKagan's Loaded Is Opening for Guns N' Roses in Seattle (12/16) and Vancouver (12/17)

DUFF MCKAGAN Says He 'Was Reluctant At First' To Open For GUNS N' ROSES - Dec. 15, 2011

After weeks of speculation, it was confirmed a few days ago that ex-GUNS N' ROSES bassist Duff McKagan's band LOADED will open two shows for the latest version of GUNS on that band's current North American tour. LOADED will warm up for GUNS N' ROSES on December 16 at the Key Arena in Seattle and December 17 at Pacific Coliseum in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.

In the latest installment of his column, which appears on Reverb at SeattleWeekly.com, McKagan stated about the prospect of opening for his old band, "I was somehow reluctant at first to do this. I love that dude [referring to GUNS N' ROSES lead singer, and sole remaining original member, Axl Rose], but wanted to sort of stay out of the fray, especially after that whirlwind tour of the world we had just done. AND that damn book tour.

"But this fray is only a fray if I let it be. And now I am actually pretty excited to see my old pal. His band is the nicest bunch of fellas, and I will be home after all. The KeyArena will be rocking tomorrow night . . . and I hope you all show up.

"After all, it is just some dudes doing what they know how to do best: connect with the audience, that fan-ship that has honored us with their presence for so damn long. And THAT, my friends . . . is overwhelming."

McKagan made worldwide headlines in October 2010 when he joined GUNS onstage for four songs at a concert in London, England, marking the first time he had set foot on a stage with GUNS N' ROSES in 17 years.

GUNS N' ROSES will be inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame next April in Cleveland, prompting speculation about whether the event could lead to a reunion of the band's original lineup.

McKagan admitted last month in an interview that he had a hard time imaging such a possibility, saying, "I can't. I can't picture it. Your guess is as good as mine. There is no picture."

In his latest SeattleWeekly.com column, McKagan addressed the upcoming induction, writing, "Music to me has never been a competitive sport. We do what we do, and if you connect with an audience and write the songs that feel good to you in the process, that is reward enough. Getting a Grammy or an American Music Award seems a little bit weird in this whole context. I mean, are you BETTER than all those other bands? No. You are just doing YOUR thing, and they theirs. It's not a competition.

"But it became very apparent to me that fans of GN'R felt very motivated for our band to 'get into the Hall.' All of those fans ARE very important to me, and thus getting this Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame nod was a victory for them. And so I am deeply honored and feel very good about this whole deal. Thank you all.

"I spent a lot of time revisiting my past in the book I just wrote. Living in the past, or just revisiting it, is something I hadn't done until I was in the process of writing that book. The process became personally poignant in how much I appreciated and loved most of the characters in my past, especially the guys in that little band from Hollywood that we formed just after I moved there in 1984.

"I've done my best to avoid doing any interviews that pertain to our induction, and maybe this column will serve as all I really need to say for now. I am a grown-up now, and hope that we can achieve some grace and class when that ceremony comes. But in the end, I am only responsible for myself."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=167306

SirTed
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2011, 12:15:21 PM »

I'm worried that there aren't going to be very many people there. As was previously posted, Jay Z and Kanye play in Tacoma (a near by city) tonight as well.

I'm super stoked, though! It'll be my wife's first Guns show. Any decision made on which bar y'all be attending to pre-funk?

Also - What time should I show up if I want to catch Loaded as well as Guns? If it was just me, I'd be in for the long haul, but my wife doesn't usually stay up past 9pm so I'm having her take a nap after work and be bright eyed for the show. Any help is much appreciated.

-Ted
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2011, 12:21:31 PM »

I'm worried that there aren't going to be very many people there. As was previously posted, Jay Z and Kanye play in Tacoma (a near by city) tonight as well.

I'm super stoked, though! It'll be my wife's first Guns show. Any decision made on which bar y'all be attending to pre-funk?

Also - What time should I show up if I want to catch Loaded as well as Guns? If it was just me, I'd be in for the long haul, but my wife doesn't usually stay up past 9pm so I'm having her take a nap after work and be bright eyed for the show. Any help is much appreciated.

-Ted
I don't get it.Jay Z ana GNR are diferent type of music and have a diferent fans.I really doubt Jay Z show will have some reflect on Gnr ticket selling.
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2011, 12:25:31 PM »

Not that it really has any bearing on this topic, but I actually think that Guns N' Roses and Jay-Z/Kanye West are pretty similar in that their fanbase is pretty much universal. It's not just rock/hip-hop fans that like them.

Pretty sure tonight's gonna be an amazing show, though.
SirTed
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2011, 12:32:17 PM »

-Ted
I don't get it.Jay Z ana GNR are diferent type of music and have a diferent fans.I really doubt Jay Z show will have some reflect on Gnr ticket selling.

Agreed as far as "hardcore" fans (for lack of a better term. I'm more thinking of the casual - just trying to see a show on Friday night - kind of guy or gal.
We'd all love it to be a packed house, and it still could be. I'm just saying that with the biggest concert tour currently happening in the US appearing in a neighboring town, on the same night - there may not be as many peeps there.
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2011, 12:43:34 PM »

if this gig wont sell out i will be something fucked up

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
SirTed
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2011, 12:49:06 PM »

if this gig wont sell out i will be something fucked up

There's been a lot more interest since Loaded was added to the bill, that's for sure. Don't know if that's going to drastically affect the gate. Doesn't matter, it's still going to be a great show!
charl!edontsurf
Rocker

Axl doesn't surf either...

« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2011, 05:49:10 PM »

Jay-Z/Kanye could effect the sales of the Vancouver show tomorrow night as well.

I would go to that show if GnR wasn't playing the same night. No question. Unfortunately, a lot of people probably fall the other way.

I'm here solo tonight. I'll check back later and see if anyone is meeting up. Just down here for the night, from Canada.

VAN: 11-7-2002 (RIOT!)
TACOMA: 11-8-2002
LONDON: 6-7-2006
DUBLIN: 6-9-2006
PARIS: 6-20-2006
ZURICH: 7-1-2006
CGY: 12-6-2006
EDM: 12-7-2006
CGY: 1-16-2010
EDM: 1-17-2010
SEA: 12-16-2011
VAN:
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #54 on: December 16, 2011, 06:08:11 PM »

Why anyone would want to see Jay -Z over Gn'R is beyond my comprehension. 

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
SirTed
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: December 16, 2011, 06:38:25 PM »

I'll check back later as well. I wouldn't mind meeting a few like minded folks. If I don't hear anything we'll probably go to either Ozzie's, Floyd's or The Skybox (which I have never been to, but it's literally across the street).
arnarsi
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: December 16, 2011, 06:50:50 PM »

Does ozzies sound good? Can anyone call them and check if they wanna play gnr songs for us

cool kids just do it
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #57 on: December 16, 2011, 07:53:44 PM »

@DuffMcKagan

Who's coming tonight?! Should be Epic!! "Duff McKagan's LOADED to Open for Guns N' Roses @KeyArena ,Seattle - shar.es/oN9bp"

1 hour ago via ShareThis.com

arnarsi
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: December 16, 2011, 08:55:50 PM »

On my way to Ozzies, hope to see some of u there

cool kids just do it
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #59 on: December 16, 2011, 10:04:04 PM »

Axl Rose, Duff McKagan on same stage again

Twenty-four years after it exploded out of the L.A. club scene with its major-label debut, "Appetite for Destruction," Guns N' Roses is still in the game. The band just learned it will be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in April and is on a tour that will bring it to Seattle's KeyArena Friday night. And while lead singer Axl Rose, shown here, may be the only original member left (for various, sundry and rock 'n' roll reasons), original bassist and Seattle native Duff McKagan will be there, too. McKagan just agreed to open the show with his own roundhouse punch of a band, Loaded. Who knows what happened, but we'll call it an early Christmas miracle ? and stay for the encore.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/musicnightlife/2017022495_gunsnroses16.html

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: