Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:40:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  'Live ?!*@ Like A Suicide' Vinyl & Cassette Buyers Guide
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: 'Live ?!*@ Like A Suicide' Vinyl & Cassette Buyers Guide  (Read 29121 times)
wadey
Legend

« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2012, 04:05:00 PM »

just done the front cover under flash, poor camera though but you can see the difference
notice how Axl's face is overexposed on the right, and notice the colours in the writing

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
wadey
Legend

« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2012, 04:23:42 PM »

just compared to my sealed LLAS which provenly(!) comes through one of their old managers.
no daylight here right now...comparing to my LLAS right in front of me....the more "red" or "darker red" one of yours should be the real one (B)....from the last pics and the jacket spine. the more red colors are more in A in your first pics though - probably a Cam and light set-up?

here 2 pics of my LP (done with flashlight though, can do it on daylight if really wanted):

just compared the sky on yours (back cover) with the sky on mine A & B
if you notice on my pics, the sky on B is more white (like yours) but the sky on A is grey
damn these fakes are getting harder to spot

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
wadey
Legend

« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2012, 04:51:21 PM »

right, think ive got a accurate photo at last
A - top and B- bottom
and yes i believe B to be my original, i have owned it for years and years and its got the original import sticker (hiding under the piece of paper lol)
i have weighed both copies and these are the results
the Fake copy A weighs approx 210g       legit copy B weighs approx 194g     
the fake sleeve is way thicker and the vinyl doesnt flex as much as the original
the colors are pretty close to the original, but the writing on the fake is more pink - purple compared to red - orange of the original
if you were looking to buy one off ebay etc and saw this you would be pretty sure its original, luckily i already have a copy to compare against
damn these frikin fakes are getting better  rant rant rant         

Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2012, 04:59:13 PM »

my sealed LLAS copy weights approx 197g      peace

Re-Union time, baby!!
wadey
Legend

« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2012, 05:07:35 PM »

my sealed LLAS copy weights approx 197g      peace

cooool !!! looks like i got 1 legit copy then  peace
i would advise anyone to ask for flash photo's when buying off the net though
they both look very very close under normal photo's, only with flash you can really see the difference  ok
guess the "sterling" stamp is out of the wndow now then, most people used that as a general guide

Tickets There
Opening Act

« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2012, 08:30:38 AM »

Hi wadey,

This is one of the best examples I've seen. Would you mind me updating the article with a few of these images and credit them to you?

Cheers for sharing. Now all folks need to know a copy is legit is side by side comparisons of the one they're buying vs a fake :p

\,,/ Kill Your Idol \,,/
wadey
Legend

« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2012, 12:00:14 PM »

Hi wadey,

This is one of the best examples I've seen. Would you mind me updating the article with a few of these images and credit them to you?

Cheers for sharing. Now all folks need to know a copy is legit is side by side comparisons of the one they're buying vs a fake :p

Yes mate you can use what you need. You can include the weights also to highlight the thicker sleeve and heavier vinyl. But what gets me is the sterling stamp !!! Both sterling stamps are almost identical so the fakes are definately improving. As you can see from the pics the difference in colour varies depending on camera, angle, light etc but the fakes writing is more pink/purple compared to the orange/red of the original, and also the shadow of "live like a suicide" is a different shade on the fake if you look at the last pic i posted

edit: the fake i have weighs 210g and original weighs approx 196g
this would depend on wether its sealed and if the inner sleeve is paper or plastic, so there could be a slight variation with the 196g

glad to be of help at last though, we cant stop the fakes but if we can educate the fan base its a start  ok

ps.... would you have spotted the fake with the pics in my first post  Wink

perkabrod
Opening Act

« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2012, 12:41:58 PM »

I've had Live like a suicide for a few years and I have thought it was genuine. Til today when I read about WEIGHT!
Can people post the weight of the vinyl record alone, without plastic? My record alone weighs 127 grams whereas the GNR Lies (Manufactured in Germany) weighs 112 grams.

And, why is it always a comparison between the real one and the fake one, why not compare the real one with GNR Lies?
Another thing that may be of interest, judging on color isn't very safe. For example, here are 2 copies of GNR Lies (both German releases with unsensored girl inside), and also is my "live like a suicide" (which may be fake).

Notice the huge color difference even between the 2 German releases?

Here is my Live Like A Suicide together with a GNR Lies (Germany).
Warmer tint compare to Lies, and darker. On the Lies photo, you can't see pure black anywhere in the photo, it's washed out.
Can someone help me find out? Has anyone taken photos of the LLAS together with their GNR Lies records?

Can people post how much their vinyl record weighs alone (without sleeve/plastic, only the record itself)?

FOR REFERENCE: GNR Lies (Germany, unsensored)

LIVE LIKE A SUICIDE (NOTE! This is probably a fake?)

Please help fill in info on weight, and be clear about what it is you are weighing, record alone or complete with sleeve.
I bet weighing the record ONLY would give us more accurate guidelines.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 12:45:21 PM by perkabrod » Logged
troccoli
VIP

Please allow me to introduce myself

« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2013, 07:05:20 PM »

Hey all.  Here is something I promised a long time ago:

http://www.troccolitm.com/llastape.html?1164261109609

Pictures of my sealed LLAS cassette!

All I need is some clarity and someone to tell me WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!!!! GOD DAMN IT!!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: