Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 12:31:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227801 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  (Updates) November 15, Allstate Arena @ Chicago
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: (Updates) November 15, Allstate Arena @ Chicago  (Read 27324 times)
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #60 on: November 16, 2011, 07:43:23 AM »

Pic's > Dj > Amazing

beer

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Naty-Rose
Rocker

"Don?t you try to stop us now"

« Reply #61 on: November 16, 2011, 08:03:20 AM »

Set list:
     Intro (Dexter Theme)
01. Chinese Democracy
02. Welcome To The Jungle
03. It's So Easy
04. Mr. Brownstone
05. Sorry
06. Riff Raff
07. Estranged
08. Better
      Richard Fortus Guitar Solo (James Bond Theme)
09. Live and Let Die
10. This I Love
11. Rocket Queen
12. My Generation [feat. Tommy Stinson on vocals]
      Dizzy Reed Piano Solo (Baba O'Riley)
13. Street of Dreams
14. You Could Be Mine
      DJ Ashba Guitar Solo (Mi Amor)
15. Sweet Child O' Mine
      Axl Rose Piano Solo (Another Brick In The Wall / Someone Saved My Life Tonight)
16. November Rain
      Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal Guitar Solo (Pink Panther Theme)
17. Don't Cry
18. Whole Lotta Rosie
19. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
20. Nightrain

Encore:
21. Madagascar
22. Shackler's Revenge
23. Patience
      Band Jam "Happy Birthday Chris Pitman"
24. Paradise City

Is this correct Jarmo?

03/22/10 BA, Arg
10/02/11 RIR 2011, Br
10/08/11 La Plata, Arg 10/10/11 Santa F?, Arg
10/12/11 C?rdoba, Arg
10/15/11 Asunci?n, Py
02/24/12 HOB, AC
11/02/12 HRH, LV
11/03/12 HRH, LV
Naty-Rose
Rocker

"Don?t you try to stop us now"

« Reply #62 on: November 16, 2011, 08:05:00 AM »

one question: today (November 16th) is birthday of Chris Pitman right?....a topic for that? ok

"Band Jam "Happy Birthday Chris Pitman" "   ok

03/22/10 BA, Arg
10/02/11 RIR 2011, Br
10/08/11 La Plata, Arg 10/10/11 Santa F?, Arg
10/12/11 C?rdoba, Arg
10/15/11 Asunci?n, Py
02/24/12 HOB, AC
11/02/12 HRH, LV
11/03/12 HRH, LV
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #63 on: November 16, 2011, 08:20:50 AM »

Wow great show! Great Crowd!
MR.BROWNSTONE
Sir Post-a-lot
Legend

I'm a supreme Guns N' Roses fan.

« Reply #64 on: November 16, 2011, 08:25:30 AM »

Looking at the pics almost a full house maybe. Great to see that.  ok

12-6-02,5-12-06,5-14-06,5-15-06,5-17-06,11-5-06,11-10-06,11-13-06,11-24-06
1-28-10,10-28-11,10-29-11,11-17-11,11-20-11,11-26-11,12-30-11,12-31-11,2-12-12
2-23-12,2-24-12,2-27-12,3-12-12,11-23/24-12
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #65 on: November 16, 2011, 08:58:31 AM »

Looking at the pics almost a full house maybe. Great to see that.  ok

shut up brownstone - nobody cares what you think!!  hihi

see you this tomorrow and this weekend man! ok
ericy210
Headliner

What's up..... homefuck!

« Reply #66 on: November 16, 2011, 09:53:54 AM »

Amazing show.  Best of the Chicago shows in the last few years.  The band was so good, and it was noticeable (to me, at least) how much more powerful Frank/Tommy sounded- the thunder was amazing- WTTJ was like a powerful locomotive.  I was so happy so see how great Axl sounded and how much he was into the show- he always sings with his whole body- the dancing, gestures, expressions- everything felt very genuine and important to him.  On top of that, he was smiling, joking with the band, having a blast.

The AC/DC covers were just intense, again, packed with thunder and Axl was so intensely into them, even when dancing and not singing.

I enjoyed the "solos" because they were parts of songs multiple members played.  This wasn't a single guy jamming along for 5 minutes.  It was more like the members got a "spotlight moment" in leading the band- The The Who, Pink Panther, Pink Floyd- all great choices that sit well next to GNR material.

They started at 11:15 and ended somewhere between 2:00 and 2:15.  Not many people left early.

From a poster on another board who captured little moments well-

Great show, couple things not mentioned...

DJ and Ron chugging bottles of J?ger together on stage

DJ slid and hit an arena security woman in the head lightly with his guitar to tease her, she looked very upset

Axl told a quick story 'I was at a gas station two days ago after the show, and was talking to the lady about movies and stuff like that when she turns to her friend and says "guns n roses were in town today and I heard Axl was very well behaved and came on stage at a decent time, which is good because he is a real snot sometimes" needless to say she and I are buddies now.'

Someone threw a banner with happy birthday chris on stage and they sang happy birthday for him.  DJ took the banner up to Chris to show him.

Iowa City 1993, Leeds 2002, Quad Cities 2002, Chicago 2002, NYC 2006, Lisbon 2006, London 2006, Donnington 2006, Wembley 2006, Chicago 2006, Toronto 2010, Chicago 2011, Chicago 2012, Chicago 2016 x 2
holtzmn73
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #67 on: November 16, 2011, 10:26:22 AM »

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/music/ct-ent-1117-guns-n-roses-20111117,0,6268429.story

Rejuvenated Axl Rose, band worth the wait
At Allstate Arena, an 11:10 start but 3 hours of scorching songs

Guns 'N Roses perform at the Allstate Arena

Axl Rose and Guns 'N Roses perform at Allstate Arena. (Nuccio DiNuzzo, Chicago Tribune / November 15, 2011)

By Bob Gendron, Special to the Tribune

8:36 a.m. CST, November 16, 2011
While the current Guns N' Roses cast barely bears resemblance to the incarnation that sold millions of records in the early 90s, holdover traits remain: The group continues to take the stage late and put on marathon shows. Tuesday at a near-capacity Allstate Arena, the ensemble made an 11:10 p.m. start mostly worth the wait with an energetic three-hour concert far superior to its disastrous 2002 and uneven 2006 performances at the same venue. For what seems like the first time since everyone but enigmatic leader Axl Rose left the original lineup nearly two decades ago, Guns N' Roses amounted to more than just a declining, primarily anonymous covers band content to feast on nostalgia.

It helped that Rose was in excellent spirits and voice. He capably nailed rafter-scraping highs and cackling wails, even channeling deceased AC/DC singer Bon Scott's rowdy shrieks during scorching renditions of the Australian band's "Whole Lotta Rosie" and "Riff Raff." Wearing designer jeans and an assortment of leather jackets and fedoras, the 49-year-old front man resembled a Sunset Strip hustler. Rose's handlebar mustache, bracelets and gaudy, finger-choking rings completed a sleazy demeanor that complemented the strip-club slide of "Rocket Queen" and vitriolic spite of "Better."

Along with the reappearance of his signature bandanna and circle-based microphone stand, the vocalist revived classic moves in the form of wind sprints, leg kicks, crossover shuffles and suggestive hand signals. Visibly having fun and utilizing monitors as a platform, he cut down on the frequency of back stage trips for oxygen, and when present, usually stayed in motion.

So did guitarist DJ Ashba. The band's latest recruit brought to the melodies a fluidity, finesse and soulfulness sorely absent since Guns N' Roses' heyday, instilling favorites such as "Sweet Child O' Mine" and "Mr. Brownstone" with a tonal character that swaggered rather than simply slammed. It's still a mystery as to why the group requires three guitarists and two keyboardists. Nonetheless, the members interacted as a unit, convincingly integrating newer "Chinese Democracy" material with older fare, and playing at a level where the crowd needn't mentally fill in missing notes.

No longer essential as harmless distractions, either, were pyrotechnics that punctuated songs. Other excesses worked against the group. Four instrumental interludes and multiple jams interrupted momentum. A few bloated tunes, including "Madagascar," also dragged down the pace.

Yet Rose's dramatic deliveries turned several sweeping ballads into poignant mediations on unrequited love ("November Rain"), anguished loss ("This I Love") and antagonistic relationships ("Sorry"). A cathartic reading of "Estranged," a 1991 epic dusted off for this tour, presented in intimate fashion the emotional dichotomies, illusory perceptions and inward struggles that have seemingly consumed Rose throughout his career. In opting for vulnerability over anger, and sentimentality over menace, the less-reckless Guns N' Roses reticently hinted at redemption. Too bad it's taken so long.
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #68 on: November 16, 2011, 10:59:55 AM »

This was the best show I've seen in this new era of GNR.  Axl sounded fucking great.  Band sounded pretty tight.  Don't Cry, Estranged, You Could Be Mine, Shackler's Revenge some of the better highlights for me.
nateinthehon
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #69 on: November 16, 2011, 11:14:40 AM »

Awesome show, they really nailed Estranged which is my alltime favorite song.

I really noticed how much Tommy can jam on the bass guitar, his parts really stuck out, especially on the My Generation cover, he tore that up.

It was def noticeable that some of the CD stuff, especially Shacklers fell flat on the crowd. My 1 buddy had the perfect quote for that songs after it was over, he goes idk what that was, but it sure was noisy, haha. Too me thats how i always felt that song sounded.

Highlights for me: Estranged!!, the WTJJ/ITE/MR.B 123 punch, Another brick in the wall solo bleeding into NR, Whole Lotta Rosie, and Nightrain

Only way it woulda been better: To swap out Riff Raff, Shacklers and This I love for TWAT, IRS, and Used to Love her
nateinthehon
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #70 on: November 16, 2011, 11:16:14 AM »

another cool thing, I brought one of my Brazilian Jiu Jitsu teachers who is in town from Japan and never saw GNR before, and my Judo coach who is from Russia(lives in Chi now) and never been to a concert before....they were both in heaven
diego
VIP

« Reply #71 on: November 16, 2011, 11:38:50 AM »

Videos:

Estranged http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKG14YCUoio&feature=player_embedded

Nightrain http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibGTbK5_ky0&feature=player_embedded

« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 11:44:01 AM by diego » Logged

I?m sorry for you, not sorry for me...
Layflats
Headliner

I'm not an idiot.

« Reply #72 on: November 16, 2011, 12:43:24 PM »

1st Guns show.  I was about 15 rows back on the floor dead center.  The mix was excellent, the band was tight all night.  It was nice looking back and seeing most all the seats on both levels full.  I think Axl at one point said "there is a lot of people here...that's good."

My fav Axl quip of the night was toward the end of the show something technical happened and he busted out the Eddie Murphy line from 48 Hours, "let's see what we can fuck with next".  His truck stop story was funny too.  He was obviously in a great mood and sang his ass off.

And Richard Fortus is a beast.  His overall playing is through the roof.

Chicago 11/15/11
encoded
Headliner

"Please" is what I said to you!

« Reply #73 on: November 16, 2011, 01:10:27 PM »

what the hell??

AMAZING QUALITY thnx uploader!!!!

November Rain [Guns N' Roses] Live Chicago Nov. 15,2011[HD]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUzVvGI70Mw

::edit:: also check his other videos !!! we have a winner

Pukkelpop - Kiewit 24.08.02
Graspop - Dessel 24.06.06
Sportpaleis - Antwerpen 30.09.10
Ahoy - Rotterdam 04.06.12
TW Classic - Werchter 24.06.17
Graspop - Dessel 21.06.18
beerman
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #74 on: November 16, 2011, 01:13:44 PM »

This was by far the best show I've seen in years, bar none. AXl's voice was the strongest it's been since '92, no doubt about it. Seeing this band play in the same arena in '92, '02, '06, and now 2011, I can honestly say the actual musicianship and overall show was the best I've seen G'N'R play. This is saying alot coming from me as the "old/original" band is what I grew up with and has always been my favorite.

My son's (13) first concert was last night and it will be one he'll never forget. Driving home at 3am and the kid would not shut up, he was so pumped that they played his favorite song (Shackler's), what an experience. It didn't hurt that we were 6th row just to the left of Bumble, that' for sure.

Thinking of another Vegas trip for New Year's, I know it will be worth it if I can pull it off...GUNS N F'n ROSES baby!!!!

5/91 AlpineValley
4/92 RosemontHorizon
1/01 HOB Vegas
11/02 AllstateArena
11/06 AllstateArena
11/11 AllstateArena
2/12 HOB Chicago
4/16 T-Mobile Vegas
7/16 SoldierField
11/17 UnitedCenter
angeles
Rocker

« Reply #75 on: November 16, 2011, 01:29:56 PM »

« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 01:40:25 PM by angeles » Logged
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #76 on: November 16, 2011, 01:30:43 PM »

Driving home at 3am and the kid would not shut up

That made me lol hihi
ericy210
Headliner

What's up..... homefuck!

« Reply #77 on: November 16, 2011, 01:34:19 PM »

Chicagotribune.com review:

By Bob Gendron, Special to the Tribune
8:36 a.m. CST, November 16, 2011

While the current Guns N' Roses cast barely bears resemblance to the incarnation that sold millions of records in the early 90s, holdover traits remain: The group continues to take the stage late and put on marathon shows. Tuesday at a near-capacity Allstate Arena, the ensemble made an 11:10 p.m. start mostly worth the wait with an energetic three-hour concert far superior to its disastrous 2002 and uneven 2006 performances at the same venue. For what seems like the first time since everyone but enigmatic leader Axl Rose left the original lineup nearly two decades ago, Guns N' Roses amounted to more than just a declining, primarily anonymous covers band content to feast on nostalgia.

It helped that Rose was in excellent spirits and voice. He capably nailed rafter-scraping highs and cackling wails, even channeling deceased AC/DC singer Bon Scott's rowdy shrieks during scorching renditions of the Australian band's "Whole Lotta Rosie" and "Riff Raff." Wearing designer jeans and an assortment of leather jackets and fedoras, the 49-year-old front man resembled a Sunset Strip hustler. Rose's handlebar mustache, bracelets and gaudy, finger-choking rings completed a sleazy demeanor that complemented the strip-club slide of "Rocket Queen" and vitriolic spite of "Better."

Along with the reappearance of his signature bandanna and circle-based microphone stand, the vocalist revived classic moves in the form of wind sprints, leg kicks, crossover shuffles and suggestive hand signals. Visibly having fun and utilizing monitors as a platform, he cut down on the frequency of back stage trips for oxygen, and when present, usually stayed in motion.

So did guitarist DJ Ashba. The band's latest recruit brought to the melodies a fluidity, finesse and soulfulness sorely absent since Guns N' Roses' heyday, instilling favorites such as "Sweet Child O' Mine" and "Mr. Brownstone" with a tonal character that swaggered rather than simply slammed. It's still a mystery as to why the group requires three guitarists and two keyboardists. Nonetheless, the members interacted as a unit, convincingly integrating newer "Chinese Democracy" material with older fare, and playing at a level where the crowd needn't mentally fill in missing notes.

No longer essential as harmless distractions, either, were pyrotechnics that punctuated songs. Other excesses worked against the group. Four instrumental interludes and multiple jams interrupted momentum. A few bloated tunes, including "Madagascar," also dragged down the pace.

Yet Rose's dramatic deliveries turned several sweeping ballads into poignant mediations on unrequited love ("November Rain"), anguished loss ("This I Love") and antagonistic relationships ("Sorry"). A cathartic reading of "Estranged," a 1991 epic dusted off for this tour, presented in intimate fashion the emotional dichotomies, illusory perceptions and inward struggles that have seemingly consumed Rose throughout his career. In opting for vulnerability over anger, and sentimentality over menace, the less-reckless Guns N' Roses reticently hinted at redemption. Too bad it's taken so long.

Iowa City 1993, Leeds 2002, Quad Cities 2002, Chicago 2002, NYC 2006, Lisbon 2006, London 2006, Donnington 2006, Wembley 2006, Chicago 2006, Toronto 2010, Chicago 2011, Chicago 2012, Chicago 2016 x 2
Boromir
VIP

« Reply #78 on: November 16, 2011, 01:52:16 PM »

Who's that little kid in the last foto?

Keep Calm and Listen to Guns N' Roses!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #79 on: November 16, 2011, 02:00:14 PM »

Another review:

Guns N' Roses wanted to rock and roll all night

http://blogs.suntimes.com/music/2011/11/guns_n_roses_want_to_rock_and_.html

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!