Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:59:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Did they cancel Albany?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Did they cancel Albany?  (Read 29205 times)
AXL DEMOCRACY
Rocker

« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2011, 03:16:53 PM »

If I didn't have to be at work for the entire weekend I'd think about it, but can't make it happen Sad

Got to see them twice in Canada in 2010 and was a blast. But happier times then and was really needing this show & hoping to end the year on a good note.

"The art comes first.  It dictates if not the course [then] the destination artistically." - W. Axl Rose
Briggsy
Rocker

« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2011, 03:21:14 PM »

Brigs so sorry man. Maybe we can meet up? I'm stuck here til Thursday. I hear a lot of bars here. Been 9 years since last time I was here , to see G N' R. Didn't have much time to look around. Now, all I got is precious time Sad

could be a possibility, but I still haven't decided if it will be worth driving down or not or just saying fuck it and just take the loss for the hotel but save the cost of gas...
either way, hope you are able to find something to do during your stay
sorry i don`t know the area, is it not possible  for you to go to the show on friday? instead of staying where you are maybe travel to worcester, really hope you get to see them they are worth it

By doing the hotels.com thing and "saving" money by paying in full up front there is no way of getting a refund (as per the fine print in my email confirmation)
As for going to Worcester, that would mean booking another hotel and having to make an even longer trip, possible but very unlikely...

G&R
11.27.02 - Albany
05.14.06 - NYC
05.15.06 - NYC
11.17.06 - Ottawa
01.31.10 - Ottawa
11.23.11 - Albany
08.21.17 - Ottawa
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2011, 03:24:25 PM »

It's not the weather.  It's not bad around here.  I would say that it's ticket sales.  Anyone in upstate NY that wanted to see them went to the Wilkes-Barre show because there wasn't one scheduled in upstate NY.  The Albany show just appeared a few weeks ago.  I heard many people from upstate NY mentioned that they would have gone there since it was closer, but they already bought the Wilkes-Barre tickets.  Between it being announced late and it being the day before Thanksgiving, I'm not surprised.  So happy I picked Wilkes-Barre!!  I live 1/2 between there and Albany!!

you seemed to forget that there is actually still a LOT of upstate NY located above albany...of course we get confused for being part of canada all the time...
[/quote]

No, I didn't forget.  I'm just saying that many people that would have gone to Albany already bought tickets to Wilkes-Barre or Worcester.

I feel your pain as I was in Philly in 2002.  Go to Worcester and forget the hotel!  It's worth it.

Why don't you just....
AXL DEMOCRACY
Rocker

« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2011, 03:26:12 PM »

Once I got my concert ticket I booked my hotel. And yep, no refunds. I'm waiting to hear they play a club show in NYC with my luck. Grrrrr Sad
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 03:33:34 PM by AXL DEMOCRACY » Logged

"The art comes first.  It dictates if not the course [then] the destination artistically." - W. Axl Rose
Gracie2006
Headliner

« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2011, 03:30:54 PM »

Im sorry for you!!! not sorry for me!!!!
Gunsguy
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2011, 04:12:51 PM »

Guns N' Roses
Regrettably we are unable to perform tomorrow evening at the Times Union Center and the show has been canceled - http://bit.ly/rBWvLI Refunds are available at the point of purchase. We'll be live on Friday in Worcester at the DCU Center
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2011, 04:42:47 PM »

Perhaps their stage setup was an issue for the venue? That's what i'm guessing production issues means. Sucks for those who had tickets for Albany.
diego
VIP

« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2011, 04:50:23 PM »

@gunsnroses

Tomorrow (11/23 ) evening's Guns N' Roses show at the Times Union Center is canceled due to production issues beyond the venue's control.

Cry

I?m sorry for you, not sorry for me...
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2011, 05:26:16 PM »

Just speculation on my part but could "issues beyond the venue's control" have to do with safety/security issues in the city?

The Albany version of those "Occupy Wall Street" protests have been all over the news lately for violent clashes/riots with police.  Maybe the city/venue decided it's safer to cancel the show rather than to add another 15,000+ bystanders into the mix going to n' from the venue.  (Even though we all know that GNR fans are the most well-behaved passive people in the world.  Tongue)

P.S.  I hope it has nothing to do with Ron's health.  Sad

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
MrMojoRa
VIP

iiii]; )'

« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2011, 06:53:49 PM »

On other forums some are wondering if its cos of Bumbles health after his accident , lets hope not, however if it is maybe call Buckethead hes still part of the GnR family right ?

What "accident"?

I missed something.

8-13-88 (Pine Knob, Clarkson, Mi); 6-11-91 (Hershey, Pa); 12-16-91 & 12-17-91 (Philly); 12-06-02 (Philly Riot); 5-12-06 (Hammerstein, NY); 10-10-06 (MSG, NY); 11-26-11 (Camden, NJ); 7-14-16 (Philly)
gnrfan1797
« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2011, 06:59:50 PM »

It's a bit worrying as to what is the real reason  no

i called the times uion center. they said production issues.
gnr85
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2011, 07:02:20 PM »

sorry to those who were planning on going. Sad

It Tastes Good Don't It?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2011, 07:14:39 PM »

Usually if it were a health issue, they'd reschedule right?

back in 06 they canceled my Nashville show a month or so before...

So my guess would be ticket sales, promoter pulled plug cause it would've lost money

just speculation of course.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
gnrfan1797
« Reply #53 on: November 22, 2011, 07:19:05 PM »

this time i can't be upset at axl cos it's not his fault. I live 20- minutes from the times union center and there having problems of there own which wouldn't allow gnr to perform. I'll just have to catch another show.
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #54 on: November 22, 2011, 08:26:00 PM »

With all the rampant speculation about every possible cause other than production issues, has anyone taken the time to think that it could possibly be 'production issues'?  Lets all just hold our breath for Friday, and not stir the massive pot of anxiety that has been set to boil.   ok

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #55 on: November 22, 2011, 08:49:49 PM »

With all the rampant speculation about every possible cause other than production issues, has anyone taken the time to think that it could possibly be 'production issues'?  Lets all just hold our breath for Friday, and not stir the massive pot of anxiety that has been set to boil.   ok

Obviously not. That would not be the most doomsday scenario Smiley

As far as ticket sales go, I get why people would think that's possible. But, does anyone who thinks that is the reason actually know what the ticket sales were for the show? Or, how this show sold comparatively to other shows that proceeded as scheduled?

Food for thought.

Ali
cineater
Legend

« Reply #56 on: November 22, 2011, 10:49:05 PM »

That sucks.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #57 on: November 23, 2011, 12:14:36 AM »

Don't see what's the big deal ? Sounds like its outta the bands control.

You are correct.

The decision was made by the promoter. Not Axl or the band.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Alfie Bones
Rocker

I'm on the nightrain.

« Reply #58 on: November 23, 2011, 12:21:23 AM »

Well, that's a relief for those of us who are supposed to see them this weekend.
adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #59 on: November 23, 2011, 12:42:56 AM »

Well, that's a relief for those of us who are supposed to see them this weekend.

Exactly. Well said.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: