Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 10:46:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227829 Posts in 43249 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 463533 times)
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #1800 on: April 04, 2012, 02:19:43 AM »

Green Day aside, this is all a bunch of BS, anyway.  I?ve said before, if I were a member of a band that was inducted into the HOF, I?d be so honored.  It does not matter what any of us, here or anywhere else, think.  It will be what it is.  But, I find it very ludicrous that 5 adults can?t find it within themselves to grow up and come together ? for one night ? and even act like they care.  Put the fucking bullshit aside, for once.  Don?t embarrass yourselves.   

WTTJ_91
Rocker

« Reply #1801 on: April 04, 2012, 02:41:42 AM »

Green Day aside, this is all a bunch of BS, anyway.  I?ve said before, if I were a member of a band that was inducted into the HOF, I?d be so honored.  It does not matter what any of us, here or anywhere else, think.  It will be what it is.  But, I find it very ludicrous that 5 adults can?t find it within themselves to grow up and come together ? for one night ? and even act like they care.  Put the fucking bullshit aside, for once.  Don?t embarrass yourselves.   

I don't think any of them aren't honored. I don't find it ludicrous. Then again I understand I have no idea of the situation regarding these five people, and in fact know very little of everything that happened in between them. Obviously Axl-Duff-Izzy have no issue, Slash-Steven-Izzy-Duff have no issue. It's a conflict between Slash and Axl. Why show up and fake smile for the cameras? If anyone was gonna do that, it would NOT be Axl Rose.
Smokey
Headliner

« Reply #1802 on: April 04, 2012, 06:11:30 AM »

Green Day inducting Guns is a bullshit move. They have no business/ right to have such an honour. They should have got a young up and coming rock band to induct Guns. Not these fools who represent everything that is wrong with 'rock' music in this generation.

The Hall is basically slapping Guns in the face.
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #1803 on: April 04, 2012, 06:38:57 AM »

green day....what a joke

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
40oz
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1804 on: April 04, 2012, 06:57:30 AM »

Anyone that is going to the induction know if we can bring cameras in?
ckgent
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1805 on: April 04, 2012, 07:05:23 AM »

it really is no win around here for some people is it!!!

Guns n roses are being inducted to the hof, thats cool as fuck...bands like kiss have beeen overlooked for years, guns get in first time.

People here are bickering as to who should be included....it seems clear that even current gn'r members appreciate it should be the originals there,(or should i say, classic line up as its often viewed).

Often in sports events for example it is teams from a certain era that are held in high regard, but new players get to become a part of the over all history of a club, same here with guns. Each player is keeping the hopes and dreams alive.

Izzy not going is totally acceptable, for years he has done his own thing and likes to continue this.

Green Day are one of the biggest bands in the world, i may not like everything they have done, i may think some of it actually sucks, but Guns obvilously dont have an issue with it and they are accepting it from them.

All those going, please have a blast, understand the moment and applaud the band that brought so many great moments in life. Be it a song, a gig, a special meeting or just a moment in your history.

I support Guns n' Fukin Roses and im proud.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #1806 on: April 04, 2012, 07:31:07 AM »

dude Green Day is one of the biggest bands of the last 25 years, and in my opinion the best band to come out of the 90's, at the very least they are the most relevant 90's band here in 2012.  They are one of the most influential bands of all-time and will be joining the Hall of Fame on the first ballot in about 2 years.  Seriously, what is wrong with some of you?  You couldn't ask for a bigger name with as much cred as Green Day...oh and they have been doing it for over 20 years and are still packing arenas and are at the top of their game..  Fucking amazing choice.  This debacle of a Hall of Fame ceremony finally just became cool.

But no, some of you will bitch and moan and want dinosaurs like Steven Tyler to induct them.  Seriously some of you have to listen to some newer music.

Yeah, Lady Gaga is really popular too!  Let's have her induct Guns!  At least she wears their t-shirts!

its got nothing to do with being popular, Green Day is massively influential as well, and a first ballot Hall of Famer themselves in a few years when their time comes.

Honestly if Green Day were mentioned before today I would have said A. They are too big to do it or B. they wouldnt be interested.

It has EVERYTHING to do with being popular, as you said in your original post.  Go back and read what you wrote.

I wrote how credible they are and how they are going into the Hall of Fame in 2 years, yes of course they are popular, but that is not the ONLY reason they were chosen.  They have credibility, and a shit ton of it.  If it were just about being popular Nickelback or Daughtry would have done it.  Those are bands that have everything to do with being popular and have zero credibility.

Who gave them this credibility you speak of?  Teenagers?
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #1807 on: April 04, 2012, 07:44:19 AM »

They gave themselves this credibility by consistently making great music, and improving as time goes on (yes, 21st Century Breakdown is better than Dookie). So teenagers buy their albums. So do adults (27 years old, here). Most people who bought Guns N' Roses music in the 80's and 90's were teenagers, too. Someone's age does not make their music taste invalid.
ckgent
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1808 on: April 04, 2012, 07:44:52 AM »

dude Green Day is one of the biggest bands of the last 25 years, and in my opinion the best band to come out of the 90's, at the very least they are the most relevant 90's band here in 2012.  They are one of the most influential bands of all-time and will be joining the Hall of Fame on the first ballot in about 2 years.  Seriously, what is wrong with some of you?  You couldn't ask for a bigger name with as much cred as Green Day...oh and they have been doing it for over 20 years and are still packing arenas and are at the top of their game..  Fucking amazing choice.  This debacle of a Hall of Fame ceremony finally just became cool.

But no, some of you will bitch and moan and want dinosaurs like Steven Tyler to induct them.  Seriously some of you have to listen to some newer music.

Yeah, Lady Gaga is really popular too!  Let's have her induct Guns!  At least she wears their t-shirts!

its got nothing to do with being popular, Green Day is massively influential as well, and a first ballot Hall of Famer themselves in a few years when their time comes.

Honestly if Green Day were mentioned before today I would have said A. They are too big to do it or B. they wouldnt be interested.

It has EVERYTHING to do with being popular, as you said in your original post.  Go back and read what you wrote.

I wrote how credible they are and how they are going into the Hall of Fame in 2 years, yes of course they are popular, but that is not the ONLY reason they were chosen.  They have credibility, and a shit ton of it.  If it were just about being popular Nickelback or Daughtry would have done it.  Those are bands that have everything to do with being popular and have zero credibility.

Who gave them this credibility you speak of?  Teenagers?

do you not think teenagers once and probably still give guns credibility?
Birk
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1809 on: April 04, 2012, 08:10:58 AM »

Anyone that is going to the induction know if we can bring cameras in?

Im buying 2 disposable cameras
Birk
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1810 on: April 04, 2012, 08:21:40 AM »

Does anyone need a ticket for the Duff HOB Show??
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #1811 on: April 04, 2012, 08:28:58 AM »

Guys Green Day is an amazing and respectful band. If you knew anything about them they have worked hard and come long ways since their 2 debut independant releases 1039 and Kerplunk.

Green Day is one of my favorite bands and to see them induct the greatest band of all time makes me really happy for them.

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #1812 on: April 04, 2012, 08:42:31 AM »

Eh, Green Day sure doesn't excite me, but I guess bands probably aren't lining up to induct GN'R.

I'm not sure how influential Green Day was/is.
No good bands come to mind anyways.

They have been around close to as long as GN'R, just entirely different scenes.
I was pretty into the SoCal Lookout, Fat, Epitaph bands when I was in middle school.

Green Day came from a scene that was around long before them. They just maybe watered it down a bit.
I always felt pop punk was on the cusp of popularity, and Green Day just happened to be the band to really break through.
Blink 182 as well.
Then a whole ton of shit bands like Sum 41 and A Simple Plan came out of the wood work to cash in.
Not sure they want any credit/blame for those guys.

I don't think Green Day were sell outs. Never bought into that term. Their style didn't really change, they made catchy tunes and had major label support after Kerplunk. They are pretty much on the opposite spectrum as GN'R in my mind though. I don't mind Green Day's music, but it's just about as safe as you get.

It makes me cringe when they are referred to as a punk band, though.

The threat of Green Day covering GN'R may be just the button to push to get a performance out of the classic lineup, haha.
That should be interesting to say the least.
Boromir
VIP

« Reply #1813 on: April 04, 2012, 08:49:38 AM »

Now we have something new to whine about?  hihi

Keep Calm and Listen to Guns N' Roses!
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #1814 on: April 04, 2012, 08:50:27 AM »

Correct about Green Day not being really a punk band.

I can totally see Billie Joe and Green Day do a song like Dead Horse or Patience

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
Annie
« Reply #1815 on: April 04, 2012, 09:15:16 AM »

guns n roses just tweeted about greenday

Guns N' Roses ‏ @gunsnroses

One thing we can say about 4-14-2012 in Cleveland, Ohio It's gonna be a @GreenDay http://bit.ly/HjUcIK

methinks axl is going..?
I am very happy! Billy Joe is so cute!
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #1816 on: April 04, 2012, 09:20:46 AM »

shit!
for me personally green day represents all of the things that are wrong in ??rock?? today. i still respect their talent

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
SOLGER
Rocker

LIVE N? LET DIE

« Reply #1817 on: April 04, 2012, 09:40:00 AM »

::)No Izzy......now Green Shit........

Live N' Let Die
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #1818 on: April 04, 2012, 09:47:23 AM »

(yes, 21st Century Breakdown is better than Dookie).

No...

Agreed they are a good band (at least I think so, I sort of expected this reaction from a Guns fanbase), but 21st Century Breakdown isn't even better than American Idiot - much less Dookie!
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #1819 on: April 04, 2012, 09:51:30 AM »

Green Day ain't too bad. BTW, when Gn'R palyed Oslo last time (2010), I ran into all the members in Green Day at the hotel where Guns stayed. They partied together. Nobody cared about GD right then thoug, they went unnoticed out of the hotel into a taxi. Everybody was just hoping to catch Axl  Smiley

DJ came out after a while and greeted us, and that was COOL beer

So, guess Green Day and Guns have a good relationship, and therefore it's cool that they do this induction  yes

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 158 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: