Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:27:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227784 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 459953 times)
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #1860 on: April 04, 2012, 02:16:28 PM »

Its funny how everybody become a fan of anyone that got involved in some way with gnr  rofl

I know if Justin Bieber would induct gnr everybody would be like: "yeah, he's one of my favorite singer, don't care what people say, i love him he rocks  blah blah blah"

I can't understand how people can talk about White Zombie NIN & Green day n put them all on the same line...
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 02:27:07 PM by ITARocker » Logged
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #1861 on: April 04, 2012, 02:32:53 PM »

Its funny how everybody become a fan of anyone that got involved in some way with gnr  rofl

I know if Justin Bieber would induct gnr everybody would be like: "yeah, he's one of my favorite singer, don't care what people say, i love him he rocks  blah blah blah"

I can't understand how people can talk about White Zombie NIN & Green day n put them all on the same line...

What in the blue hell are you talking about? I've been a Green Day fan since Dookie came out....I just don't like their last album.

Axl/Izzy coming to HOF last minute  "Slash, let's play!!"......there still is hope   Wink

Ummmmm no...just no confused

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1862 on: April 04, 2012, 02:33:21 PM »

Ok, ok, it's not a big deal for me this Green Day issue, just expected a real band or artist. In my opinion, Green Day is the classic american band that play music to be broadcasted by MTV (or some similar commercial company ). Regarding to my "teen idols" statement, I mean, take a look to the Green Day crowd, most are teenagers, that's the target of Green Day. On the other hand, bands like Guns n' Roses, Van Halen, Aerosmith, Metallica or 90'/00's bands like FF o Queen of the Stone Age, all of them have a transverse crowd, that' why I think, Green Day it's not the appropriate induction band (in this case).

Dude, look at your user name, theres a reason why you don't like green day! i wouln't think many die hard judas priest fans would, thats because Green day is a real band that makes real music for real people, not like judas fukn priest singing bout fantasy angles and demons shit, pure lame ass 80's cheese.....and green day don't have a tranverse crowd?! lol..do some research !! better yet, go to one of their shows sometime.
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #1863 on: April 04, 2012, 02:34:39 PM »

Ok, ok, it's not a big deal for me this Green Day issue, just expected a real band or artist. In my opinion, Green Day is the classic american band that play music to be broadcasted by MTV (or some similar commercial company ). Regarding to my "teen idols" statement, I mean, take a look to the Green Day crowd, most are teenagers, that's the target of Green Day. On the other hand, bands like Guns n' Roses, Van Halen, Aerosmith, Metallica or 90'/00's bands like FF o Queen of the Stone Age, all of them have a transverse crowd, that' why I think, Green Day it's not the appropriate induction band (in this case).

Dude, look at your user name, theres a reason why you don't like green day! i wouln't think many die hard judas priest fans would, thats because Green day is a real band that makes real music for real people, not like judas fukn priest singing bout fantasy angles and demons shit, pure lame ass 80's cheese.....and green day don't have a tranverse crowd?! lol..do some research !! better yet, go to one of their shows sometime.

Great post. Green Day appeals to a much bigger fan base than Judas Priest....just like GNR

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1864 on: April 04, 2012, 02:38:12 PM »

Great post. Green Day appeals to a much bigger fan base than Judas Priest....just like GNR

+1 to all of that, especially the 80's cheese thing.

I really don't understand how people think Green Day is a band who are not real artists and only play music for MTV.  What band hasn't been on MTV?  Why do you hold that against Green Day?  They have never compromised who they are and have stayed true to their roots, just because MTV dug it and played it doesn't make it any less valid.  That is like saying "November Rain" or "Sweet Child O Mine"  are not  artistic songs because MTV played the hell out of them.

There is a big difference between playing music to get on MTV, and MTV digging your shit and playing your band all the time.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #1865 on: April 04, 2012, 02:55:14 PM »

I can't believe we're talking about bands getting played on MTV, a station that hasn't aired a video in about 10 years at least. The fact that someone would even use the term "manufactured for MTV" shows how stuck in the past some of us here are.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #1866 on: April 04, 2012, 03:02:56 PM »

I can't believe we're talking about bands getting played on MTV, a station that hasn't aired a video in about 10 years at least. The fact that someone would even use the term "manufactured for MTV" shows how stuck in the past some of us here are.

You have won the award for best post of the year.  Congratulations
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #1867 on: April 04, 2012, 03:04:51 PM »

I really don't understand how people think Green Day is a band who are not real artists and only play music for MTV.  What band hasn't been on MTV?  Why do you hold that against Green Day?  They have never compromised who they are and have stayed true to their roots, just because MTV dug it and played it doesn't make it any less valid.  That is like saying "November Rain" or "Sweet Child O Mine"  are not  artistic songs because MTV played the hell out of them.

There is a big difference between playing music to get on MTV, and MTV digging your shit and playing your band all the time.

For the record, I have no problem with Green Day's music.
I just don't hold it up as highly as the bands you brought up.

I don't hold it against Green Day that they are "on MTV", which I didn't think played music anymore.
Green Day plays a very safe and pop sounding style of music. Their music is more accessible than Soundgarden for example. Doesn't mean it's any better or worse.
Rockdawg
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1868 on: April 04, 2012, 03:11:10 PM »

I bought tickets to the simalcast, since I was not going to spend hundreds on tickets to the actual event.

I hope they, Guns - Slash, Axl, Duff, Izzy, & Steven/Matt, get there butts up on stage a play the hell out of some of the classic tunes we all love.

I am not looking for long term repair or friendship to each other.  I am talking a one night of playing the music that got them where they are today.  And hopefully with some of the emotion too.

Times are hard,
Thrills are cheaper.
Your arms get shorter,
While your pockets get deeper.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1869 on: April 04, 2012, 03:35:51 PM »

Guns N' Roses - Hall Of Fame plaque (under photo...#4)

http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/entertainment/rock_hall/walk-of-fame-unveiled-in-cleveland-honors-17-at-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame

They show Guns N' Roses' at the very end of the video:

Walk of Fame unveiled in Cleveland, honors 17 at Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

Video: http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/entertainment/rock_hall/walk-of-fame-unveiled-in-cleveland-honors-17-at-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame#ixzz1r6NfzdF7

Inductee Spotlight: Guns N' Roses

http://rockhall.com/story-of-rock/video-series/video/7491/

« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 03:51:41 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #1870 on: April 04, 2012, 03:47:40 PM »

It would be cool to see some kind of sequence where all members, beit current or previous, that make up Guns' 25 year history are showcased in some way.
Judas Fuckin Priest
Headliner

« Reply #1871 on: April 04, 2012, 03:52:42 PM »

Yeaahh, great post, Green Day, Avril Lavigne and probably Barney & Friends, will get a much bigger fan base than Judas Priest. The point is that JP or GN'R have an heterogeneous fan base meanwhile the fan base of Green Day are just a big amount of teen nerds, just like you hahah.

I really don't give a shit if Green Day is the band, I'd like to see another band, but GD it's not that bad ok

Jude
Rocker

« Reply #1872 on: April 04, 2012, 03:54:44 PM »

10 days to go! I'm getting more excited day by day, maybe for nothing but i don't care. Any news about the possible free live stream of the show?

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #1873 on: April 04, 2012, 04:00:47 PM »

I'm sure there were a lot of Elton John fans in 1994 saying "Why the fuck is he inducting Elton?" or "Guns N Roses sounds nothing like Elton"-it worked out fine-Axl did a great job.
If someone listened to "November Rain" and/or "Estranged" that might not be so surprised.  Furthermore, you have Axl and Elton doing a duet at the Freddie Mercury Tribute Show and Elton John sitting in on piano on "November Rain" at the 1992 VMAs.  So, some may not have been aware of it, but there was some precedent there.  At this point, I'm struggling to see any connection or shared history between Green Day and GN'R.

Ali

What history does Chris Rock have with the Chili Peppers, or Chuck D have with the Beastie Boys? (and you have to do better than they are both Rap groups).

Chris Rock is friends with the Peppers and directed one of their music videos. Chuck D and Public Enemy opened for the Beasties back in the 80's.

CKY and Mix Master Mike iopened for Guns-that means they should induct them?

No one is suggesting that. I see no GN'R influence in Green Day, nor have I heard of any previous admiration expressed between the two bands, nor have they worked together in any capacity. It's about context. Without any explanation for why Green Day was picked and accepted this task, I see no context for this as of now.

Ali
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 04:24:14 PM by Ali » Logged
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #1874 on: April 04, 2012, 04:02:56 PM »

No one is suggesting that. I see no GN'R influence in Green Day, nor have I heard of any previous admiration expressed between the two bands, nor have they worked together in any capacity. It's about context. Without any explanation for why Green Dat was picked and accepted this task, I see no context for this as of now.

Ali

I see what you're saying but I also saw no context for why Flea would induct Metallica. Then he gave his speech and it was the best HOF induction I've ever seen. So maybe we give Green Day a chance too?

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #1875 on: April 04, 2012, 04:06:36 PM »

Yeaahh, great post, Green Day, Avril Lavigne and probably Barney & Friends, will get a much bigger fan base than Judas Priest. The point is that JP or GN'R have an heterogeneous fan base meanwhile the fan base of Green Day are just a big amount of teen nerds, just like you hahah.

I really don't give a shit if Green Day is the band, I'd like to see another band, but GD it's not that bad ok

Dude, stand your ground. Judas Priest have a huge history going back to 1969, and are hugely respected by alot of 80s and 90s bands that followed them.

I like Green Day too, but they are a faux punk pop band at the end of the day, not a niche scene band, therefore imo uncomparable.
freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1876 on: April 04, 2012, 04:11:07 PM »

Great post.  Green day is a real band for sure.  you dont sell over 60 million albums to a bunch of kids that dont even watch mtc anymore.  As far as the age thing at the concert?  Gnr and all the 80's bands have older people at the concert. Its music we grew up on.  We were also there in the hey day as well. 
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1877 on: April 04, 2012, 04:26:32 PM »

If you wanna talk about Green Day, their music, their career and so on, you're more than welcome to do so in the right section.

Seems like people have forgotten the focus here...

Thanks!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #1878 on: April 04, 2012, 04:28:07 PM »

No one is suggesting that. I see no GN'R influence in Green Day, nor have I heard of any previous admiration expressed between the two bands, nor have they worked together in any capacity. It's about context. Without any explanation for why Green Dat was picked and accepted this task, I see no context for this as of now.

Ali

I see what you're saying but I also saw no context for why Flea would induct Metallica. Then he gave his speech and it was the best HOF induction I've ever seen. So maybe we give Green Day a chance too?

Of course, I'll give them a chance, but as far as no context for Flea inducting Metallica, that is not true, actually.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoA9ErvqNV8

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/metallica-play-intimate-los-angeles-benefit-show-plus-james-hetfield-reveals-latest-album-news-20080515

That was about a year before Metallica was inducted.  So, they had at least played together.

Ali
Alpachiris
Rocker

www.gnrla.com

« Reply #1879 on: April 04, 2012, 04:35:33 PM »

The countdown to the Rock and Roll Hall Fame induction ceremony official began Wednesday.
The first step took place in front of Public Hall, where bronze plaques in the ground honoring the newest class of inductees were unveiled.

http://www.newsnet5.com

« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 04:38:43 PM by Alpachiris » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 158 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: