Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:46:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227773 Posts in 43246 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 459842 times)
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #1940 on: April 05, 2012, 01:44:26 PM »

Adler fan only when it comes to his old Guns drumming. his recent media talking was pretty much useless for sure....but it keeps him and GN'R in the press which is part of the music business and entertaining. it got sooooo bad with him, thats its just entertainment on lowest level. but if you dont take it too seriously you can have a good laugh at least.

Re-Union time, baby!!
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1941 on: April 05, 2012, 02:19:31 PM »

I have never really been a fan of Steven Adler and quite frankly he makes it hard to be one.  Never dug his drumming or his personality, so....I guess that's all I got.
vicariousexistence
Headliner

« Reply #1942 on: April 05, 2012, 02:20:35 PM »

that fan letter is awesome.  now or never!

My posts all have hidden messages.  It's your job to find it.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1943 on: April 05, 2012, 02:40:33 PM »

A recap of what Axl said in December, from the LA Times today.

April 5, 2012

When I sat down with Rose in December, I asked him about the potential for a reunion. Here's what he said:

"Well, look, there was talk about this -- Jann [Wenner ] was excited about it 11 years ago. So I was pretty sure he wanted it, because he was very excited in -- when did I do the Elton John thing, was that '93 or '94? He was excited then. And he?s always been a fan. And at the same time, to me Rolling Stone has done some of the worst damage ever.

"I?ve got mixed emotions about what the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame actually really is, but at the same time, there?s a lot of people -- the fans -- that it just means something to them, and they?re happy. It?s like you won the Heisman or something. I?ve had people of all ages. In Indiana, I hadn?t been there in 18 years, and you?ve got elderly TSA guys, 100 pounds overweight, come up, and they?re happy. So I don?t want to take that away from them."

Then Rose made a comparison.

"I think about it in terms of Marlon Brando getting up at the Academy Awards and talking about Indians ... or when Michael Moore got up at the Academy Awards and said whatever about George Bush. People don?t want that associated with their awards shows, even if you have a big audience. In one way it might be right, but it usually backfires on whoever does it. So I really don?t want to spoil it for everybody else -- and take the beating. [Laughs and curses Jann Wenner.]"

When it was noted that induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame was a mixed blessing, because it entombs an artist in a virtual mausoleum, Rose added: "It?s a lot of people making money. Why do they get to decide? But it?s the same with Grammys, or Academy Awards. Who wins? It?s like, ?Marty? wins and ?On the Waterfront? doesn?t?'"

Granted, this was four months ago, but when asked flat out what the plan was, Rose added this: "We?re still busy with this lineup. We?re gonna be busy. We?re gonna be busy all next year. We?ll be putting out new stuff as soon as we can figure out what our deal is with labels, blah blah blah."

There's your answer. We have a call into Rose's people to see if he's willing to update the news; we will keep you posted.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #1944 on: April 05, 2012, 03:40:15 PM »

His twitter account, my guess is he will tweet from HOF ceremony?

I'm going to tweet from the ceremony as well...can I get 50k followers?

Thanks for adding to the discussion.

You are welcome!

Going to be an interesting night for sure... that's all I know.  Roll Eyes
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1945 on: April 05, 2012, 06:13:31 PM »

I brought it up before, if Steven gets the mike (and I don't see how they can stop him) he is going to create one of the most awkward situations ever!  I really don't want that to happen as i don't want this to be a mockery of what it should be. 

I don't think he needs a mike to create an awkward situation!  no
If Axl decides to attend, I can just picture Adler trying to physically pull him to go onstage.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #1946 on: April 05, 2012, 08:04:30 PM »

I brought it up before, if Steven gets the mike (and I don't see how they can stop him) he is going to create one of the most awkward situations ever!  I really don't want that to happen as i don't want this to be a mockery of what it should be. 

I don't think he needs a mike to create an awkward situation!  no
If Axl decides to attend, I can just picture Adler trying to physically pull him to go onstage.

oh yeah...he's such an ?berhuman compared to Steve. i mean, he must be like superman to you or what?
Axl is a person, and thats all, if he steps on to the stage with old band members on this hall of fame crap, i encourage everyone to applaude it and not see it as anything else than an homage to the old times.
i for one would love to see it, but i hope it dont turn into anything more than that show.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1947 on: April 05, 2012, 08:17:39 PM »

More from Steven Adler...from the full Loudwire interview.  The last line may explain a lot. Cheesy

4 hours ago

Loudwire: You haven?t been able to speak to him [Slash] this week since he made that big announcement that he?d be okay playing at the Rock Hall?

Adler: I knew he was going to be okay. What are you kidding me? I don?t need to hear any announcement ? he?s my brother. I know he?s up for it, he wants to do it, I want to do it.

I just feel ?cause of the love and respect I?ve gotten from being a part of that record and that band, we owe it to the fans. Like my grandmother said, ?Time heals all wounds.? I don?t even have a clue, I?ll give it two minutes before we actually walk onstage for anything to know if anything?s definitely going to happen. That?s how crazy this whole Guns N? Roses thing is. Down to 30 seconds, ?Okay we?re all playin.?? It could go either way. All I know is I put my prayers in. I?m not sure who?s running the show down here, I?m prayin? to Satan and God, one of ?em got to hear the prayer. I just want to finish what I started with those a?holes.

If it was up to me we would?ve been playing for the fans a long time ago. Unfortunately, I have no say in it. As many prayers as I put into God and Satan, I?m behind it 100 percent ? 111 percent! I?m behind it and it?s not just show.

Put it this way, if we don?t get to play ? if the five original guys don?t get to play ? I?m going up there with just a drum set playing a couple songs to the CD. I?ll play a couple songs to the ?Appetite For Destruction? CD. I mean, we owe it to the fans. To me it?s just a rock ?n? roll band but it?s a rock ?n? roll band that I have gotten so much love and respect from all around the world. In every language you can imagine I?ve had people say ?Appetite For Destruction? is the soundtrack to their lives. I don?t think you could say something nicer to an entertainer or performer ? can?t get more respectful.

Loudwire: Since your last stint with Dr. Drew, have you been able to maintain your sobriety?

Adler: I?m a smoker, toker, midnight joker

http://loudwire.com/steven-adler-guns-n-roses-rock-hall-induction-new-project-drug-use-more/

« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 09:02:49 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1948 on: April 05, 2012, 08:29:06 PM »

I'm a bit confused... Somebody correct me if I'm completely out of line.

You join a band. The band becomes huge, you party, use various drugs like most in the band. Since the band is hugely popular, there comes certain responsibilities with it. For example, you're not just a street gang anymore living in somebody else's house. Time comes to record a new album. You have to take responsibility for your own actions, so most members in said band calm down and seem to be able to function in a recording situation.

Except one person. An ultimatum is given. Nothing happens. The person is fired by the band.

22 years later. The same person is asking for "closure". Saying everybody needs to reunite for the fans. One of the guy's showing the least interest in any reunion is currently active with Guns N' Roses. So you insult his band members calling them hacks. Then you apologize and a few days later refer to the band members as scabs.

Now, does this seem like the kind of thing that would make a reunion more likely?

Imagine having a guy from high school who you don't wanna hang out with, but he desperately wants to be your BFF. But, then he insults your family. Apologizes and insults your family again. You still wanna hang out with that guy? More?

"Time heals all wounds". Yes it does, Steven. But you've kept poking at the scab for about 22 years now haven't you?  Roll Eyes
No pun intended.

Maybe a good idea for the ceremony, and the days before, would be for Steven to think before he speaks. And actually realize what the hell he's been saying. Did any of the band members disrespect Steven? No, they didn't. Bumblefoot even accepted his apology!

/jarmo
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 08:36:28 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #1949 on: April 05, 2012, 08:44:04 PM »

You join a band. The band becomes huge, you party, use various drugs like most in the band. Since the band is hugely popular, there comes certain responsibilities with it. For example, you're not just a street gang anymore living in somebody else's house. Time comes to record a new album. You have to take responsibility for your own actions, so most members in said band calm down and seem to be able to function in a recording situation.

Except one person. An ultimatum is given. Nothing happens. The person is fired by the band.

22 years later. The same person is asking for "closure". Saying everybody needs to reunite for the fans. One of the guy's showing the least interest in any reunion is currently active with Guns N' Roses. So you insult his band members calling them hacks. Then you apologize and a few days later refer to the band members as scabs.

Now, does this seem like the kind of thing that would make a reunion more likely?

Imagine having a guy from high school who you don't wanna hang out with, but he desperately wants to be your BFF. But, then he insults your family. Apologizes and insults your family again. You still wanna hang out with that guy? More?

"Time heals all wounds". Yes it does, Steven. But you've kept poking at the scab for about 22 years now haven't you?  Roll Eyes
No pun intended.

Maybe a good idea for the ceremony, and the days before, would be for Steven to think before he speaks. And actually realize what the hell he's been saying. Did any of the band members disrespect Steven? No, they didn't. Bumblefoot even accepted his apology!

/jarmo

Ha hah ha.
Good point but it's almost not worth it trying to justify his actions and even make fun of him (even though that's what I'm about to do).
The is a moron. Always has been. I remember watching his interviews on MTV and thinking: This is the stupid's fuck in the world (although Duff wasn't too swift, either, but he has obviously really turned it around).
But, man, Steve? Fucking retard. (Yeah, I know - not politically correct - sorry.)
If there was a reunion or whatever (and I don't care one way or the other - I like all the incarnations of the band), I wouldn't even flinch if the other four got up there and some high school drum major joined them.
Hell, I didn't even think twice about it when the band booted him out for being a dip shit.
Well, feel better now getting that off my chest.
Thanks for your forum. Always enjoy it.
Siamese Democracy
Rocker

« Reply #1950 on: April 05, 2012, 09:24:16 PM »

No pun intended.

/jarmo

Don't try to make sense of Steven Adler.  He is completely burnt out.
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #1951 on: April 05, 2012, 09:38:52 PM »

No pun intended.

/jarmo

I don't understand why you'd take him seriously.  I feel like nearly all GNR fans who hear the shit that comes out of his mouth laugh at it because he is so absurd.  If some one is going to derail the current GNR, Axl, or any member (current or former) of GNR it won't be Steven Adler. 
scans n' copies
Headliner

I still say "OK, nevermind" when I hear s.o.d.

« Reply #1952 on: April 05, 2012, 09:53:06 PM »

Steven is like your girlfriend's little brother who is so slow that you wonder if he's "special", but don't want to ask and insult the family.  You can't take anything he says seriously because you don't know if he even realizes what he's saying. 

I don't think anybody in the world knows what's going to happen that night.  Including Axl.  We'll all see here in a few days.  Here's to hoping!! beer

We finally got a U.S. tour!!!!!!!!!!!
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #1953 on: April 05, 2012, 10:08:32 PM »

Adler is a joke and Axl is smart enough to realize it. YOU WILL NEVER see those two on stage together again. Sure, we'd all love to see Axl and Slash play together one more time, but I won't lose sleep over it not happening. This current line-up is having too much fun and they are so fucking great to see live.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1954 on: April 05, 2012, 10:24:55 PM »

There is a distinct possibility that it's just gonna be Steven there.   crying

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Dave Jenno
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1955 on: April 05, 2012, 11:06:15 PM »

I kinda hope Axl doesn't go really. No big dramas or announcements. Maybe a recorded message or something, short and sweet. It's got all the ingredients for a clusterfuck at the moment. Adler is bound to do or say something ridiculous. I just can't see any good coming out of it for GN'R moving forward. I'll be glad when it's over.
vicariousexistence
Headliner

« Reply #1956 on: April 05, 2012, 11:47:22 PM »

No pun intended.

/jarmo

he's a nice guy, not a malicious person.  give him a break.  he may not be the brightest person, but he has a good heart.

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1957 on: April 05, 2012, 11:48:51 PM »

I kinda hope Axl doesn't go really. No big dramas or announcements. Maybe a recorded message or something, short and sweet. It's got all the ingredients for a clusterfuck at the moment. Adler is bound to do or say something ridiculous. I just can't see any good coming out of it for GN'R moving forward. I'll be glad when it's over.

I hear what youre saying, but Axl deserves it more than any of the 7 getting in, I would hate to see him ignore the honor because Steven is an immature delusional dickwad.  Axl deserves this night and if it is something he really wants to attend he shouldn't let the possibility (and with Steven involved I'll say probability) of a clusterfuck happening stop him.

lagr08
Headliner

« Reply #1958 on: April 06, 2012, 12:17:06 AM »

I know it's probably already been answered and I'm gonna hear it from somebody, but come on we're talking 99 pages folks.   Will the HOG Induction Ceremony be on television?  What channel?

KC: 2011
Portland: 2006
Tacoma: 2002
vicariousexistence
Headliner

« Reply #1959 on: April 06, 2012, 12:21:50 AM »

I know it's probably already been answered and I'm gonna hear it from somebody, but come on we're talking 99 pages folks.   Will the HOG Induction Ceremony be on television?  What channel?

nope.  not live.

Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 158 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: