Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 02:38:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227830 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 463557 times)
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #1960 on: April 06, 2012, 12:30:00 AM »

I know it's probably already been answered and I'm gonna hear it from somebody, but come on we're talking 99 pages folks.   Will the HOG Induction Ceremony be on television?  What channel?

May 5 on HBO
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #1961 on: April 06, 2012, 12:34:15 AM »

lol, that last interview doesn't even make any sense rofl this guy should consider working as a circus clown, kids would LOVE it!

cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #1962 on: April 06, 2012, 03:07:54 AM »

For someone who so obviously craves the respect from GN'R fans (as mentioned twice in his interview), Steven appears to be saying everything possible to lose whatever respect he may still have within the community. (Although at this stage, I think the figure would already be infinitesimal.) Very sad really when you consider what he could have made of the opportunities offered to him.

And yes, I am feeling in a charitable mood today - although it could all change by tomorrow and then I'll just be laughing at him again.  Grin

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #1963 on: April 06, 2012, 03:45:28 AM »

Adler = stroke, heart attack, coma.

You need something else to judge him?

And beside that, i think his lack of diplomacy is more genuine than any other people out there being diplomatic, even if it's the right thing to do to get this thing done. C'mon you can't point your finger to a man who's totally fucked up.

I remind you that people in perfect control of themselves have done and said things which are way worse than Adler's chilidsh whining
jule-a
« Reply #1964 on: April 06, 2012, 06:14:50 AM »

thank you! finally someone who is able to show some empathy and thinks about the health effects of his former drug addiction.
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #1965 on: April 06, 2012, 06:37:58 AM »

A drug addiction is no excuse for acting like a dick (not whilst sober, at least).
Neither is a stroke.
ITARocker
VIP

« Reply #1966 on: April 06, 2012, 08:42:51 AM »

A drug addiction is no excuse for acting like a dick (not whilst sober, at least).
Neither is a stroke.

You clearly never knew people hit by stroke (good for you).
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #1967 on: April 06, 2012, 11:26:07 AM »

Adler = stroke, heart attack, coma.

You need something else to judge him?

And beside that, i think his lack of diplomacy is more genuine than any other people out there being diplomatic, even if it's the right thing to do to get this thing done. C'mon you can't point your finger to a man who's totally fucked up.

I remind you that people in perfect control of themselves have done and said things which are way worse than Adler's chilidsh whining

Umm, I live with someone who had a stroke last year.  Unlike Adler, her stroke was not caused by her own bad actions.  I feel bad it happened to him but he clearly hasn't learned his lesson nor does it give him license to act the way he does.

It's like he is in the schoolyard daring everyone else to come down to his level.  It just doesn't fly when you are his age.  This behavior isn't cute, it is incredibly SAD.

I am disgusted because the band now has worked very hard to gain the respect of the fans and get people to move a bit on for the past and his nonsense antics do nothing but undermine all of that.  Being inducted is a great honor and he should manage to take the honor and use it positively and move forward instead of what he is doing.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1968 on: April 06, 2012, 11:32:37 AM »

I am disgusted because the band now has worked very hard to gain the respect of the fans and get people to move a bit on for the past and his nonsense antics do nothing but undermine all of that.  Being inducted is a great honor and he should manage to take the honor and use it positively and move forward instead of what he is doing.

totally.  Steven Adler is the ONLY member from the old days who has not gotten over it and gotten his shit together and used his GNR fame to do something else in the music business(like Slash, Izzy, Velvet Revolver, Loaded).  Izzy could have but decided not to take part in Velvet Revolver.  Steven is seriously in the exact same boat he was in 1990, its very depressing to think about.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1969 on: April 06, 2012, 11:43:46 AM »

totally.  Steven Adler is the ONLY member from the old days who has not gotten over it and gotten his shit together and used his GNR fame to do something else in the music business(like Slash, Izzy, Velvet Revolver, Loaded).  Izzy could have but decided not to take part in Velvet Revolver.  Steven is seriously in the exact same boat he was in 1990, its very depressing to think about.

In my experience, guys like Adler with their clownish antics are always so funny to those on the outside, but to those who are/were close, it's the furthest thing from being funny.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #1970 on: April 06, 2012, 12:04:33 PM »

I very much respect the old members of the band as I became a fan through that era even though I may not always agree with the actions they take.  They deserve the honor they are getting and it's a shame that it is being tainted this way.  I feel sad for all the other guys who probably would have gone and had a positive experience and now everyone is probably just hella apprehensive about what will happen like we all are.  Underneath all the nonsense Steven said, he even said some good shit like knowing that album was going to be magic.  It was and he is right and he could have left it at that and said, "hey, I can't wait to see everyone."

They all need Dr. Drew or something to do a nice sit down with them before this show, LOL.  Imagine?  They could all have a good cry like Metallica did.  I am being facetious, people!
ITARocker
VIP

« Reply #1971 on: April 06, 2012, 12:29:26 PM »

Dude I'm not saying that a stroke is a right excuse, I'm just saying that it can fuck up people mind, way of living, and even catapulte you out of this word. My grandfather had a stroke almost 30 years ago, and when he talk he's like he stuck there in the 80s.

That's why I'm more permissive with adler than the other guys, i just take him for who he is  Wink
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 12:44:49 PM by ITARocker » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1972 on: April 06, 2012, 12:39:12 PM »

Can't wait for this to be over.

All the silly expectations, demands, speculation and so on makes this just less interesting. All the extra attention to all this reunion bullshit...

It's awesome for the band to get the recognition. And I'm happy for them and the fans that this means a lot to.
Those who demand reunions and performances and so on, I don't really have much to say to.

It's kinda telling how uninformed some of the people yelling for a reunion are. Izzy hasn't said a single word about this event in public. Yet people assume he'll show up and perform? I guess there's a chance, like they say in Dumb & Dumber, but it seems like this little fact has been overlooked. Completely.

When you point it out to them, then it's like "Well maybe we can get somebody to replace him...". Oh really? And then it's "If Axl doesn't show up, maybe XXXXXX can sing". So that's your dream reunion? Ok....

Can't wait to get the ceremony over with so people can focus on other things.
We got an European tour to look forward to. Hell yeah!  beer

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ITARocker
VIP

« Reply #1973 on: April 06, 2012, 12:47:11 PM »

cit. "Izzy does what Izzy does"  Tongue

anyway just 1 week and we'll see  peace
AXL DEMOCRACY
Rocker

« Reply #1974 on: April 06, 2012, 01:27:18 PM »

I am going to the ceremony to celebrate my favorite band - that has meant so much to me since 1988.  I never have had any expectations about the original band showing up and performing.  My only hope was that they would all show up and speak individually on stage or go up there together and take turns speaking but chances are that won't happen.  But that is fine with me as I am going there to celebrate the band being inducted and to hang out with some cool friends.
Also attending the Duff show the night before which I am really looking forward to.

"The art comes first.  It dictates if not the course [then] the destination artistically." - W. Axl Rose
vicariousexistence
Headliner

« Reply #1975 on: April 06, 2012, 01:28:33 PM »

if axl and slash just share a handshake i will feel a sense of accomplishment.

My posts all have hidden messages.  It's your job to find it.
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #1976 on: April 06, 2012, 01:35:53 PM »

/jarmo

You're so right, jarmo. Nostalgia can be fun in small doses but as of now GN'R is on fire and set to explode all over Europe. Like you, I can't wait to get back to focussing on the present and leaving the past where it belongs.

Looking forward to sharing a few  beer with other Gunners very soon.  ok

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
new gnr fan
Headliner

« Reply #1977 on: April 06, 2012, 01:40:22 PM »

Can't wait for this to be over.

All the silly expectations, demands, speculation and so on makes this just less interesting. All the extra attention to all this reunion bullshit...

It's awesome for the band to get the recognition. And I'm happy for them and the fans that this means a lot to.
Those who demand reunions and performances and so on, I don't really have much to say to.

It's kinda telling how uninformed some of the people yelling for a reunion are. Izzy hasn't said a single word about this event in public. Yet people assume he'll show up and perform? I guess there's a chance, like they say in Dumb & Dumber, but it seems like this little fact has been overlooked. Completely.

When you point it out to them, then it's like "Well maybe we can get somebody to replace him...". Oh really? And then it's "If Axl doesn't show up, maybe XXXXXX can sing". So that's your dream reunion? Ok....

/jarmo

I'm always said "No reunion without Axl".

I don't wanna have a reunion, i wanna have a group photo with all members ever played in GN'R, like the "Big Four" group fotos.

枪和玫瑰 中國民主
greenhorn1
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1978 on: April 06, 2012, 02:09:29 PM »

At this point I'm just glad I cashed in on my tickets when I did.  IF (and I never really expected it to happen) the original lineup played a few songs, it probably would have been worth passing up $1500 or whatever but I took the money and went to see a 3 hour GNR show in detroit with enough left over for a whole vacation later in the year. 
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #1979 on: April 06, 2012, 02:16:50 PM »

At this point I'm just glad I cashed in on my tickets when I did.  IF (and I never really expected it to happen) the original lineup played a few songs, it probably would have been worth passing up $1500 or whatever but I took the money and went to see a 3 hour GNR show in detroit with enough left over for a whole vacation later in the year. 

Word, me too.  Congrats on getting $1500 though, I only got $1050 for my two.  Once the Schaeffer tweet happened I put my tickets up for sale and they sold within 3 hours of the posting. 

The show is going to be on HBO also, so we'll see it on May 5 regardless.  To all those going have a great time.  I hope you get what you want out of the experience.  I think I am going to try and avoid this thread until next Saturday to see live updates from people if I am at home.  For those who say they are sick of this thread I recommend the same. 
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 158 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: