Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 06:42:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227830 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 463590 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1980 on: April 06, 2012, 02:24:10 PM »

Put it this way, if we don?t get to play ? if the five original guys don?t get to play ? I?m going up there with just a drum set playing a couple songs to the CD. I?ll play a couple songs to the ?Appetite For Destruction? CD.

Hopefully it doesn't come to that -- because it will probably look like this. Lips Sealed

Steven Adler Drum Show Guns N' Roses Sweet Child O' Mine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zV2WXuUNZoM

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
nick6sic6
VIP

Kindness is a treasure

« Reply #1981 on: April 06, 2012, 02:32:24 PM »

Well,after so much talk and speculations we're all sick with the whole HOF.Next Saturday is the day.
Like Jarmo said, we have a summer tour to plan  beer !

Athens 1993,
Lisbon 2006,
Athens 2006,
Belgrade 2010,
Basel 2012,
Sofia 2012
Stockholm 2017
Prague 2022
Athens 2023
JAxlMorrison
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1982 on: April 06, 2012, 04:52:34 PM »

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/rnrhofhbo/signatures

Please sign and pass along.
wadey
Legend

« Reply #1983 on: April 06, 2012, 04:57:00 PM »

when did it start?.... i only see 6 signatures

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #1984 on: April 06, 2012, 05:59:03 PM »

lol not happening.
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1985 on: April 06, 2012, 06:27:47 PM »

At this point I'm just glad I cashed in on my tickets when I did.  IF (and I never really expected it to happen) the original lineup played a few songs, it probably would have been worth passing up $1500 or whatever but I took the money and went to see a 3 hour GNR show in detroit with enough left over for a whole vacation later in the year. 

Word, me too.  Congrats on getting $1500 though, I only got $1050 for my two.  Once the Schaeffer tweet happened I put my tickets up for sale and they sold within 3 hours of the posting. 

The show is going to be on HBO also, so we'll see it on May 5 regardless.  To all those going have a great time.  I hope you get what you want out of the experience.  I think I am going to try and avoid this thread until next Saturday to see live updates from people if I am at home.  For those who say they are sick of this thread I recommend the same. 

Just be glad at least that Sorum and Slash are saying they are not performing-that would have sucked big time to pay all that money nervous

libertad
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #1986 on: April 06, 2012, 06:31:51 PM »

A drug addiction is no excuse for acting like a dick (not whilst sober, at least).
Neither is a stroke.

exactly, and he was a moron before the stroke.
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1987 on: April 06, 2012, 06:39:44 PM »

Looks like the simulcast is sold out at the Rock Hall.

libertad
vicariousexistence
Headliner

« Reply #1988 on: April 06, 2012, 06:56:27 PM »

i think it's time for another hug, 19 years later

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6eS9E2IVWA

My posts all have hidden messages.  It's your job to find it.
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1989 on: April 06, 2012, 07:47:01 PM »

i think it's time for another hug, 19 years later

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6eS9E2IVWA

I remember I had that show on VHS-the crowd was red hot the whole time.

libertad
Siamese Democracy
Rocker

« Reply #1990 on: April 06, 2012, 09:03:43 PM »

I can't wait for this to be over too.  This is a distraction to me as the band preps for a European tour.  Acknowledging the old band is ancient history to someone like me.  Frankly, I wouldn't fault Axl if he didn't show.  I mean what is the point of all this?  We just enjoyed an awesome theater tour and now a European tour.  Axl's voice sounds great.  The reunion isn't happening.  How much clearer could Axl have made it???  Either Slash or himself will die before they take the stage together.  Some people never learn and never will.  Just see the current band when you have the chance and I guarantee you will see one great rock concert.
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1991 on: April 06, 2012, 09:49:06 PM »

I can't wait for this to be over too.  This is a distraction to me as the band preps for a European tour.  Acknowledging the old band is ancient history to someone like me.  Frankly, I wouldn't fault Axl if he didn't show.  I mean what is the point of all this?  We just enjoyed an awesome theater tour and now a European tour.  Axl's voice sounds great.  The reunion isn't happening.  How much clearer could Axl have made it???  Either Slash or himself will die before they take the stage together.  Some people never learn and never will.  Just see the current band when you have the chance and I guarantee you will see one great rock concert.

Why are you reading this thread if it's distracting? Guns hardly does any press anyway.

libertad
Jay Tea
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1992 on: April 06, 2012, 10:42:09 PM »

DJ to play Izzy's parts

Fortus man! Dude looks like Izzy.
he looks more like GNR Izzy than present day Izzy does. haha
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #1993 on: April 07, 2012, 02:03:58 AM »

This "distraction" is acknowledging one of the greatest rock albums of all time, although perhaps it is ancient history to many. Without that album and the success it had, there probably wouldn't even be a current theater or European tour.  GnR is not just about the current combination of players nor is it all about Axl Rose.   

I find it hard to understand some of the animosity, here, towards some former members, without whom, this band in it's current version probably wouldn't even exist.   
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #1994 on: April 07, 2012, 04:39:21 AM »

This "distraction" is acknowledging one of the greatest rock albums of all time, although perhaps it is ancient history to many. Without that album and the success it had, there probably wouldn't even be a current theater or European tour.  GnR is not just about the current combination of players nor is it all about Axl Rose.   

I find it hard to understand some of the animosity, here, towards some former members, without whom, this band in it's current version probably wouldn't even exist.   

I kinda get what you are saying but its not as simple as that. Slash is the obvious choice here, but Steven, Matt, Duff and to a much lesser degree Issy are presented in interviews and press news as "Ex or former Guns n Roses ***** Player and now ********* member"

Nobody says Ozzy Osborne ex Black Sabbath, or ex faces singer Rod Stewart do they?  They are in the main treated and portrayed as greater than the sum of the parts of where they come from. Or at least as people in their own right.

The ex GnR members, whilst not being responsible for what is written or said about them, never take issues and say "I've been in VR or Loaded longer" Whilst there is no shame for the parts they played in GnR, or should be.  They aren't being true to what they are now, but are using their past glory's as the starting base, rather than letting their creation of the moment take centre stage and be judged on its merit. ALL bar Steven LEFT of their own accord (Matt, said fired in interview a while back) yet need the GnR named to launch themselves.  Buckethead, to some is considered the best ever GnR guitarist, but still markets himself as Buckethead, and never as Ex GnR member....

The Activision case is a classic example of this, marketed and set up as to be assumed that it's a GnR member rather than just Slash with his material alone. That is why WTTJ, an iconic GnR song, was central into being included in the play list, Slither, Set me free or Big Machine, would be viewed as cool, but don't provide the hook that the legendary track does.  Axl, is legitimately pi$$ed that the link between Slash and GnR is effectively one and the same. I'm not saying this was Mssrs Hudsons fault, but he, and other members haven't done anything major to distance themselves from a band that is still in existence. People who aren't hardcore fans, still take the media bait and don't know that the band has changed, moved on and have created music without these original guys.  The RRHOF gig is a distraction that will do nothing to change this perception. Indeed, it will just feed the ignorant public's perception that this is just business as usual.  The current band are therefore denied the acknowledgement that, yes they play the old songs, but they also play new songs too. They also aren't pi$$3d or high on drugs and play a damn good show, that from a accomplished musically viewpoint, is general up with the best Rock n Roll shows around.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 04:41:01 AM by wight gunner » Logged

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #1995 on: April 07, 2012, 05:16:23 AM »

Not just one of the greatest rock albums of all time. I count four in my collection. Wink
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1996 on: April 07, 2012, 09:35:53 AM »

Not just one of the greatest rock albums of all time. I count four in my collection. Wink

absolutely.  I actually do get sick hearing about "Appetite" ALL the time.  The "Illusions" were just as important and I still consider it to be the crowning moment of old Guns.  They showed they were not just a hard rock band.
vicariousexistence
Headliner

« Reply #1997 on: April 07, 2012, 09:58:55 AM »

when you actually watch adler say it, you can tell it's completely not malicious.  but when you just read the quote it sounds way worse.

http://wzlx.radio.com/2012/04/06/steven-adler-guns-n-roses-insult/

My posts all have hidden messages.  It's your job to find it.
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1998 on: April 07, 2012, 11:59:14 AM »

Idiot.
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1999 on: April 07, 2012, 12:04:37 PM »

I do hope that Axl shows up for the awards though.
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 158 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: