Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 04:33:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227828 Posts in 43249 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 463463 times)
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #3100 on: April 15, 2012, 10:27:43 PM »

I am disgusted by the manner in which the RRHOF and the media suck-holes have portrayed the Kennedy/Slash/Duff/Sorum, etc performance as a Guns 'N Roses performance (just Google it!!!).  F--k MTV et-al.  Not one of these people has been associated with Guns 'N Roses for the last 15 years - other than the medias repeated use of 'Guns N Roses (Guitarist/drummer/bassist)' when writing about their more recent activities.  These were FORMER members playing GnR songs with Alter Bridge's Lead Singer.  It was Velvet Revolver playing GnR tunes.  Perhaps Velvet Revolver has room for a second drummer...they can just let Milo end their 'search' for a new singer and Steven can play tamborine.

Funny, I thought Gilby wasn't inducted? Yet he showed? I don't even know what to make of this.

And lastly, but not least - I want to send a personal thank you to Steven Adler - or more appropriately, the person responsible for him keeping his f--king assinine mouth shut.

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
Judas Fuckin Priest
Headliner

« Reply #3101 on: April 15, 2012, 11:05:04 PM »

Love to see the fuckin' induction was a big success!  beer

Green Day's speech was very emotive and so was GN'R members!

And the performance was killer!, it's like a Hard Rock band has to sound! Love it!

Myles Kennedy performance was cool, too bad that Axl Rose and Izzy Stradlin did show up though.

Anyway, historic night!, Thanks Guns n' Fuckin Roses!

« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 11:07:34 PM by Judas Fuckin Priest » Logged
Axl8302
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3102 on: April 15, 2012, 11:34:53 PM »

Cool article here, KISS drummer applauds Axl for snubbing Hall of Fame induction

Read more: http://www.abc2news.com/dpp/entertainment/celebrity/Singer-applauds-Axl-for-snubbing-Hall-of-Fame-induction_41057338#ixzz1sAeambD8

If love is blind i guess i'l buy myself a cane..
demon5635
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3103 on: April 15, 2012, 11:43:03 PM »

This will probably get me banned by the owner of the board, but I am flabbergasted by the response to the induction ceremony, from fans of the original lineup, or the current lineup, or whatever, being so heavily guarded and censored.  I get it.  It's his board.  It's a shrine to Axl.  That's awesome.  It's a great board.  Very active, and a great, comprehensive web site.  I appreciate the fact that there are different sections to post about current/past/related members of Guns N Roses, but last night was about Guns N Roses, the whole band. 

Axl made a decision that some agree with, some disagree with, but ultimately, it was his decision to make.  I get why he did what he did.  I also think it's a shame.  It was a once in a lifetime opportunity.  Deep down, I am sure that it means a lot to Axl.  Whatever the reason that he refuses to be in a room with Slash, even if it's just for one night, it must be serious.  The validity of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is in question, with the omissions of countless artists (KISS, Deep Purple, Iron Maiden, Rush, Judas Priest, etc etc etc) but it is, no doubt, a nice notch for one to have on their belt.  But why, Jarmo, is it such a fallacy to voice an opinion on this board?  Again, it's an excellent resource, and it's your board, and you can make whatever rules you want.  But to me, it doesn't make sense, and it makes you seem like you have been brainwashed from Axl's camp. 

Make no mistake, I love Chinese Democracy.  I love his current lineup.  I love the 2006 lineup.  I love the 2002 lineup.  I have enjoyed the all the past lineups.  Including the Appetite lineup, as well as the Illusion lineup. 

estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #3104 on: April 16, 2012, 12:24:16 AM »

have any of you seen the lastest tweets from Perla Hudson?

the most memorable of them all was

''tell me that when slash is going to the bank.''

in response to

''GUNS W/OUT ANY BULLETS AND NO PASSION W/OUT THE ROSE! HAVE FUN LIVING OFF OF PAST FAME! THAT'S ALL THEY'LL EVER BE! HAS-BEENS!''

reading things like these make me extremely proud of Axl and Izzy for not showing up.

Perla Hudson:

@estebanfgnr my bank comment does not relate from gnr. Slash does well enough on his other projects. Sorry I wasn't clear people

and:

Guys, please understand, I only have love for axl, I'm just disappointed about the situation as I'm sure u r all are too

Esteban - how do you expect Perla to react when you personally antagonize her like that?  I'm not saying this as a defender of Slash in anyway, but its fucked up to post a quote out of context.

what? The twit where she said that dreadful comment was in response of someone else, not me. Out of context? come on... it's pretty clear Perla tried to respond a provocation with a better one, and failed.

And trust me you cant defend Slash about this. Slash is the kind of guy that would play a show for you in your backyard if you have the right ammount of money.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #3105 on: April 16, 2012, 12:27:42 AM »

This will probably get me banned by the owner of the board, but I am flabbergasted by the response to the induction ceremony, from fans of the original lineup, or the current lineup, or whatever, being so heavily guarded and censored.  I get it.  It's his board.  It's a shrine to Axl.  That's awesome.  It's a great board.  Very active, and a great, comprehensive web site.  I appreciate the fact that there are different sections to post about current/past/related members of Guns N Roses, but last night was about Guns N Roses, the whole band. 

Axl made a decision that some agree with, some disagree with, but ultimately, it was his decision to make.  I get why he did what he did.  I also think it's a shame.  It was a once in a lifetime opportunity.  Deep down, I am sure that it means a lot to Axl.  Whatever the reason that he refuses to be in a room with Slash, even if it's just for one night, it must be serious.  The validity of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is in question, with the omissions of countless artists (KISS, Deep Purple, Iron Maiden, Rush, Judas Priest, etc etc etc) but it is, no doubt, a nice notch for one to have on their belt.  But why, Jarmo, is it such a fallacy to voice an opinion on this board?  Again, it's an excellent resource, and it's your board, and you can make whatever rules you want.  But to me, it doesn't make sense, and it makes you seem like you have been brainwashed from Axl's camp. 

Make no mistake, I love Chinese Democracy.  I love his current lineup.  I love the 2006 lineup.  I love the 2002 lineup.  I have enjoyed the all the past lineups.  Including the Appetite lineup, as well as the Illusion lineup. 

Agreed 100%.

Truth is Jarmo travels with the band as part of the GNR crew/family. He even used to have this site paid for by Sanctuary Records. What do you expect?

All I know is if I ran this place, even if I was part of the GNR family and knew all the guys in the band, I'd still let people voice their opinions. Hell, you can say more on the official GNR forum than you can here - and that's saying something. Delete posts like this all you want but, truth is the truth hurts, don't you agree?

Broski
ottosporteman
Headliner

Life sucks but in a really beautiful way...

« Reply #3106 on: April 16, 2012, 12:32:40 AM »

in response to

''GUNS W/OUT ANY BULLETS AND NO PASSION W/OUT THE ROSE! HAVE FUN LIVING OFF OF PAST FAME! THAT'S ALL THEY'LL EVER BE! HAS-BEENS!''

reading things like these make me extremely proud of Axl and Izzy for not showing up.

Perla Hudson:

@estebanfgnr my bank comment does not relate from gnr. Slash does well enough on his other projects. Sorry I wasn't clear people

and:

Guys, please understand, I only have love for axl, I'm just disappointed about the situation as I'm sure u r all are too

Esteban - how do you expect Perla to react when you personally antagonize her like that?  I'm not saying this as a defender of Slash in anyway, but its fucked up to post a quote out of context.

what? The twit where she said that dreadful comment was in response of someone else, not me. Out of context? come on... it's pretty clear Perla tried to respond a provocation with a better one, and failed.

And trust me you cant defend Slash about this. Slash is the kind of guy that would play a show for you in your backyard if you have the right ammount of money.

I'm sorry, but so would Axl as in 2010 he played for a Russian millionaire party.

And there's nothing wrong with that, that's what they do for a living and they have bills to pay and as long as they're happy doing that, it's ok. That's a different thing altogether from being a sellout.

Edit: found the link: http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=148584
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 12:36:32 AM by ottosporteman » Logged

"Yippee-Ki-Yay Muthafuckers!!"
WTTJ_91
Rocker

« Reply #3107 on: April 16, 2012, 12:41:20 AM »

in response to

Perla Hudson:

and:

I had no idea you knew Slash personally. This is the double standard shit that gets thrown around all the time. If you say something about Axl you get the "you don't know him, you can't judge him based on x or y, you don't know what happens behind closed doors" but it's perfectly ok to trash talk anyone with a top hat. Your statement is complete speculation, you have NO idea what he's turned down, why he's accepted certain spots, etc. As someone else noted Axl has no problem doing the same and who the fuck cares it's THEIR JOB.

I think what Perla was trying to say was he laughs his way to the bank, making money off projects that have nothing to do with VR. AKA he's making money without "living off the past"

I find it hilarious that in a couple seconds someone is going to justify why Axl playing a party is ok but how Slash doing a TV spot is NOT.  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 12:45:44 AM by WTTJ_91 » Logged
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #3108 on: April 16, 2012, 12:56:31 AM »

I think the premise of a "Rock and Roll of Fame," much less the organization that currently exists, is fundamentally lame and worthy of some contempt, so I wouldn't criticize anyone for not participating, especially if it were because they held that that same opinion (which I'm not so sure is the case for the three inductees who chose not to attend).  The Sex Pistols had it essentially right I think.

But the reality is that the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is an institution within the music business, and the induction of GNR offered something so many fans had long hoped for: a legitimate opportunity for the original (or "classic" if we choose to wrestle over semantics) members to settle their differences, and the hope that they would.  Most of us know about this band well enough to know that there was little potential of this actually happening, but the manner in which the saga had unfolded over the past few months allowed for at least a glimmer of hope that they might all at least attend.  And with the knowledge that Axl's face-to-face encounters with former bandmates over the years - including Sorum, Duff, Clarke, and Adler - had generally good outcomes, there existed that small hope that something positive could happen as a result of this event.  It's difficult for me to understand how any GNR fan, no matter how content with the current lineup they may be, does not hold out hope for the band's defining members to at least reconcile.  That doesn't necessarily mean reunite, either.  It simply means putting an end to the bitterness and acrimony that has gone on for so long.  When Duff and Axl reconciled recently, virtually every fan on here reacted positively to it; I don't see why anyone would oppose the same development occurring between Slash and Axl.  The hostility toward the former members from a segment of the GNR fanbase is just as bewildering and off-putting to me now as it ever was.

Axl's decision, and explanation, extinguished that hope.  That is certainly his prerogative, but it's just another in a long line of disappointments that have come to define the "new-GNR" era.  It doesn't make him a villain.  It shouldn't provoke fans to respond in anger.  But it is disappointing, that's all.
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #3109 on: April 16, 2012, 12:57:48 AM »

in response to

Perla Hudson:

and:

You and a couple other guys on Twitter are being rotten, having read some of the posts from W_Cooksey  and M_HAPPY_Burke, as well.  We get that you support Axl and that is fine.  But some of the tweets to former band members and even Perla are uncalled for  - they are very antagonizing and mean.  Being a fan of Axl and the current lineup shouldn't give you free license to be hateful towards the others.  It just makes you look immature and hateful.  
WTTJ_91
Rocker

« Reply #3110 on: April 16, 2012, 01:08:24 AM »

I think the premise of a "Rock and Roll of Fame," much less the organization that currently exists, is fundamentally lame and worthy of some contempt, so I wouldn't criticize anyone for not participating, especially if it were because they held that that same opinion (which I'm not so sure is the case for the three inductees who chose not to attend).  The Sex Pistols had it essentially right I think.

But the reality is that the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is an institution within the music business, and the induction of GNR offered something so many fans had long hoped for: a legitimate opportunity for the original (or "classic" if we choose to wrestle over semantics) members to settle their differences,[/b] and the hope that they would.  Most of us know about this band well enough to know that there was little potential of this actually happening, but the manner in which the saga had unfolded over the past few months allowed for at least a glimmer of hope that they might all at least attend.  And with the knowledge that Axl's face-to-face encounters with former bandmates over the years - including Sorum, Duff, Clarke, and Adler - had generally good outcomes, there existed that small hope that something positive could happen as a result of this event.  It's difficult for me to understand how any GNR fan, no matter how content with the current lineup they may be, does not hold out hope for the band's defining members to at least reconcile.  That doesn't necessarily mean reunite, either.  It simply means putting an end to the bitterness and acrimony that has gone on for so long.  When Duff and Axl reconciled recently, virtually every fan on here reacted positively to it; I don't see why anyone would oppose the same development occurring between Slash and Axl.  The hostility toward the former members from a segment of the GNR fanbase is just as bewildering and off-putting to me now as it ever was.

Axl's decision, and explanation, extinguished that hope.  That is certainly his prerogative, but it's just another in a long line of disappointments that have come to define the "new-GNR" era.  It doesn't make him a villain.  It shouldn't provoke fans to respond in anger.  But it is disappointing, that's all.

Probably the best post in this thread.  beer
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 01:36:46 AM by WTTJ_91 » Logged
Koskenkorvasieni
Rocker

Guns N' Finland

« Reply #3111 on: April 16, 2012, 01:12:54 AM »

Like I said before, I respect Axl for standing by his principles, even if i don't always completely agree with what he does. That being said, it was still cool to see Slash, Duff and Steven together on stage playing the music that made them famous. It's as close to a reunion as we'll ever get and I'm fine with that.

Slash, Duff and co have as much right to play old GNR songs as Axl does, because they all wrote them together and performed them together on record. The whole discussion about who should or shouldn't play Appetite and UYI era material is ridiculous.

As for the current situation, I'm more than happy with it. Slash seems to finally have found fulfilment with his solo career and The Conspirators is a very competent lineup, Myles Kennedy is a good singer and it doesn't hurt that they're performing songs spanning Slash's entire career either.  Smiley

Guns N' Roses has found a more than capable lineup since 2009 with Axl, DJ, Bumble, Richard, Tommy, Frank, Dizzy and Chris and they do the old songs justice live as well as performing the new material and hopefully we'll be hearing new music from them in the future.

Let's just cut the crap and enjoy what it's all about in the first place: the music.

So Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always thriumph, because good is dumb.
m_rated96
Rocker

slash slash slash

« Reply #3112 on: April 16, 2012, 01:32:10 AM »

But the reality is that the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is an institution within the music business, and the induction of GNR offered something so many fans had long hoped for: a legitimate opportunity for the original (or "classic" if we choose to wrestle over semantics) members to settle their differences,[/b] and the hope that they would.  Most of us know about this band well enough to know that there was little potential of this actually happening, but the manner in which the saga had unfolded over the past few months allowed for at least a glimmer of hope that they might all at least attend.  And with the knowledge that Axl's face-to-face encounters with former bandmates over the years - including Sorum, Duff, Clarke, and Adler - had generally good outcomes, there existed that small hope that something positive could happen as a result of this event.  It's difficult for me to understand how any GNR fan, no matter how content with the current lineup they may be, does not hold out hope for the band's defining members to at least reconcile.  That doesn't necessarily mean reunite, either.  It simply means putting an end to the bitterness and acrimony that has gone on for so long.  When Duff and Axl reconciled recently, virtually every fan on here reacted positively to it; I don't see why anyone would oppose the same development occurring between Slash and Axl.  The hostility toward the former members from a segment of the GNR fanbase is just as bewildering and off-putting to me now as it ever was.

Probably the best post in this thread.  :beer:One of the few posts in this entire thread that is correct from st

+1 this is exactly exactly how i feel and perfectly said
Axl8302
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3113 on: April 16, 2012, 02:45:01 AM »

No, it wasn't about "Guns N' Roses the whole band", it was about the classic line-up, end of.

If love is blind i guess i'l buy myself a cane..
siraddam
Headliner

« Reply #3114 on: April 16, 2012, 03:03:22 AM »

Quite good quality clip of SCOM Smiley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ovPlclqWeRw#!
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #3115 on: April 16, 2012, 03:05:58 AM »

Congrats to Steven, Matt, Duff, and Slash for pulling it off and for having the grace and dignity to attend and accept the honor.  Thanks to Gilby and Miles for stepping up to the plate and helping out.  It was an awesome night and I am very happy to have been there to witness it!  

Implying what exactly? Let's not kid ourselves here, they didn't make any noble gesture in attending, they did so purely because they wanted to.

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
liesl9
Opening Act

« Reply #3116 on: April 16, 2012, 03:08:51 AM »

Most of us know about this band well enough to know that there was little potential of this actually happening, but the manner in which the saga had unfolded over the past few months allowed for at least a glimmer of hope that they might all at least attend.  And with the knowledge that Axl's face-to-face encounters with former bandmates over the years - including Sorum, Duff, Clarke, and Adler - had generally good outcomes, there existed that small hope that something positive could happen as a result of this event.  It's difficult for me to understand how any GNR fan, no matter how content with the current lineup they may be, does not hold out hope for the band's defining members to at least reconcile.  That doesn't necessarily mean reunite, either.  It simply means putting an end to the bitterness and acrimony that has gone on for so long.

This is really eloquent and well thought out.

I do disagree on a few things, though.

I'm not sure what a reconciliation or public appearance at the HoF would have really accomplished. It would give many fans the satisfaction of seeing the AfD lineup standing together, but every single person in that lineup has changed in some way over the past 25 years.

Reconciliation isn't the end-all. Our society always has an emphasis on forgiving, forgetting and mending fences. We live in a world where you're expected to go to high school reunions and work cocktail parties and feign friendship with those you detest. However, in reality, if you find that someone is toxic * to you for whatever reason, and they haven't made things right in your mind...it's best to know that and stay away from them. Moving on does NOT always mean settling differences. Sometimes it means realizing you're not meant to be friends with that person and that you shouldn't be around them. There are certainly people in my own life that I'm glad to be rid of.

* (and no, I'm not saying Slash or anyone else is "toxic"; I'm saying that some relationships end up being toxic because the people involved just don't have personalities that can work with each other)

I think it's great that Duff and Axl have been able to rekindle their friendship. However, I don't know Slash, I don't know Axl, I don't have the slightest idea what went down between them that we didn't hear about, and I have no idea what it would have accomplished to have them stand onstage together or shake hands. Oh look, they're able to smile and look friendly for the camera. How nice...for everyone except *them*. Whatever went on with Axl and Slash, it's pretty clear from both sides that they're not meant to be buddies, and I doubt a five second handshake would do anything to change that. And that's okay. Given what has been said about the pressure for a full reunion, that handshake could have had a lot of negative fallout for both of them.

The only thing that would disappoint me about any of the members is if they stopped making music, being creative or sharing their talents with the world. Even that is really selfish, because it's not up to me to decide how and when people share their talent. I just think it would be a waste if they didn't continue to be brilliant. Axl, Duff and Slash are all out there doing interesting things and making music. What more can we ask of any of them?
PCM2267
Opening Act

"Not bad,how bout' yourself"?

« Reply #3117 on: April 16, 2012, 03:49:15 AM »

All in all,I admire Axl and Izzy for not showing. For 1,the exception of *Duff (I will get to this later) are either hang on's or replacements. Steven is an attention whore and same goes for his buddy Slash. I'm sure in hindsight,Axl took time to reflect on the honor but,knowing with whom and where he has always stood left a bitter sweet taste. These dumbasses might have gone in under the name (Guns) but,Axl does own the rights. I would have loved to see and hear....."Ladies and gentlemen - the Real Guns N' Fucking Roses" and hear Axl scream - "Do you know where the fuck you are"?

By the way,Duff originally didn't want the gig in Hollywood Rose/Guns N' Roses. I think Duff was being humble at best. ok
Koskenkorvasieni
Rocker

Guns N' Finland

« Reply #3118 on: April 16, 2012, 04:10:14 AM »

This whole picking sides thing really sucks. It's like being a kid in the middle of his/her parent's ugly divorce. I don't know what went down between Axl and the former members that wasn't made public by the media and I would certainly never disrespect either the former or current members of Guns N' Roses by calling them dumbasses or attention whores. I like old GNR. I like current GNR. I like VR. I like Slash's solo stuff. Can't we all just get along?

So Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always thriumph, because good is dumb.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #3119 on: April 16, 2012, 05:13:21 AM »

I dont understand why so many people seem unhappy about this.  The fact is, it was the old version of the band that was been inducted based on the success of Appetite, Lies, the Illusions and the Illusion tour.  7 people were inducted and invited to attend.  4 showed up.  Izzy didnt bother and Axl gave reason's why he wouldn't attend. (and obviously Dizzy wouldnt go if Axl wouldnt).

It was just a one night only thing to celebrate the past.

Given that Axl announced he wouldnt be there 3 days before the event and the reported lack of rehearsal... im sure Slash, Duff just put something together last minute. 

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: