Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 02:23:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227824 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 462741 times)
Annie
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2011, 09:28:01 AM »

Congratulations to GNR! It is an honor that is well deserved! It is up to Axl and the guys to decide who will be there!
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2011, 09:28:15 AM »

I do think Sebastian Bach should induct them

libertad
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2011, 09:28:50 AM »

The only band which has the right to be on that stage is the original line up.

If Axl want to play with both the old band & the new one sounds cool to me, but performing only with the new line up doesn't make any sense.

They have been inducted because of AFD, wich was made by the originale line up, like it or not.

If Axl doesn't want to play with Slash i think he's right and he got all the reasons to don't perform at all... But playin' without Slash would be very unappropriate and even a kind of lack of respect in terms of acknowledgement of the importance of Slash's work
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2011, 09:31:25 AM »

Adler interview from today: "But I'll tell you that I've been working on my speech for the past three weeks."  hihi

Source:
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/steven-adler-on-a-guns-n-roses-hall-of-fame-reunion-my-toes-are-crossed-20111207

Re-Union time, baby!!
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2011, 09:35:31 AM »

If Axl want to play with both the old band & the new one sounds cool to me, but performing only with the new line up doesn't make any sense.

They have been inducted because of AFD, wich was made by the originale line up, like it or not.

If Axl doesn't want to play with Slash i think he's right and he got all the reasons to don't perform at all... But playin' without Slash would be very unappropriate and even a kind of lack of respect in terms of acknowledgement of the importance of Slash's work

just wondering: what is what's being inducted? the artist or the album?

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2011, 09:44:28 AM »

yeah, it leads to the general question what rules are up there and who makes them?
f.e. Mustaine got excluded for the Metallica induction because it was only for members who played on an album (Mustaine didnt). but mabye Metallica set this rule, not sure. if its an HOF rule.....uhm, many people on the stage with Guns.
the whole HOF induction is some grey shadow, nobody really gets who decides what and why (just look at the bands being left out like KISS; Maiden etc.). Axl already said smth. similar in 12/2008.

Re-Union time, baby!!
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2011, 09:44:38 AM »

just wondering: what is what's being inducted? the artist or the album?

Artist.

Although the Rock Hall specifies who they are inducting as far as the line-up goes.
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2011, 09:49:26 AM »

I'd like to see Axl, Duff, Slash, Izzy, Steven and Matt. I could see Dizzy as well.

can you (or somebody) inform me what are the requirements to ''deserve to be there''?

- Why Matt and no Gilby?
- Why Steven and Matt, and no Paul Tobias?
- Why Matt AND Steven?
- Why Matt and no Teddy or Cece Worral (LOL)?
- How come you include Steven and Matt and dare to say ''i could see dizzy as well'' for god's sake!!

Axl: record a videotape, say thanks to the RNRHOF people so they can play it at the night of the event, and let it be it.

I'm thinking Matt and no Gilby, because Matt played on two of the band's full length original albums and Gilby didn't.

Dizzy played in three (with original material... four studio albums in total) and still works with the band.

Steven and Matt together played on four of the band's albums, including the three big ones, and Paul's contributions were for Chinese Democracy (which right or wrong doesn't have the reputation needed to earn a place in the HOF).

Steven and Matt PLAYED DRUMS. The first one in two albums (1 and a half to be honest) and a single UYI song. The second one in the illusions and in a cover album. Very close to ZERO creative contributions in the case of Adler, zero (without any doubts) creative contribution in the case of Sorum.

Paul left his creative contributions in ''Shadow Of Your Love'' (pre-AFD era), ''Back Off Bitch'' (featured in UYI, but 10 years older), ''Oh My God'' (1999) TWAT, Catcher, IRS and Prostitute (Chinese Democracy), and how many still-unreleased songs we still dont know. We're not talking about fillers: TWAT and Prostitute are 2 of the best songs EVER in the GNR catalogue. And Axl, the unquestionable creator, leader and mastermind of the band, knows Paul before everyone in the AFD lineup (except for Izzy, if im not wrong).

« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 09:51:21 AM by estebanf » Logged

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2011, 09:55:59 AM »

I'm not gonna argue with that. I'm not gonna argue with the other people either. Like I said, I think they should all be included.
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2011, 09:57:39 AM »

You are not going to have 20 people onstage to accept-not going to happen

libertad
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2011, 10:00:08 AM »

The HOF wants the original lineup-trust me.

libertad
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2011, 10:01:05 AM »

I would hope the new guys would feel uncomfortable accepting an award they had nothing to do with. The world isn't exactly clamoring to see the current incarnation play at the HOF. They are not the reason it's been a hot topic for years. Would it be cool to see everyone put their differences aside for a night?
Of course. Do I see it happening? No. Not losing any sleep over it either, but if they are going to do it, they should do it right.

Ideally, I'd like to see Axl, Duff, Slash, Izzy, Steven and Matt. I could see Dizzy as well.

No matter how you want to slice it, no one else really has any business being on that stage for that one night.

I don't think they should go up onstage to accept it... but I do think the new guys should be included (if only for one song).
If there's one way that the HOF can ensure that the event turns into embarrassing drama rather than the celebration it should be, it's if they tell Axl that the current line-up aren't welcome.

I can see what you are saying. It wouldn't bother me if the new lineup was there. As long as they aren't accepting an award they didn't earn.
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2011, 10:01:49 AM »

I'd like to see Axl, Duff, Slash, Izzy, Steven and Matt. I could see Dizzy as well.

can you (or somebody) inform me what are the requirements to ''deserve to be there''?

- Why Matt and no Gilby?
- Why Matt AND Steven?
- How come you include Steven and Matt and dare to say ''i could see dizzy as well'' for god's sake!!

Axl: record a videotape, say thanks to the RNRHOF people so they can play it at the night of the event, and let it be it.

I couldn't answer better than AxlReznor
spgunner
Headliner

We begin by coveting what we see every day-Lecter

« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2011, 10:06:13 AM »

Bottom line is: the ARTIST Guns N' Roses.

They even say, at the small bio they put "In recent years, Rose has welcomed original members Duff McKagan and Izzy Stradlin onto his stage - but he remains committed to the new lineup and they remain a touring juggernaut.".

They KNOW Guns N' Roses is alive, VERY well, with another line up.

Guns N' Roses - the ARTIST - may play there.

Simple question: WHO plays in Guns N' Roses? Axl, DJ, Ron, Richard, Tommy, Chris, Frank, Dizzy - Period ! Solved question! Next !

Sao Paulo.12.10 n'12
Rio III.01.14
Brasilia.03.07
BH.03.10
SP.03.13
Rio.04.04
Rio IV.10.02
Buenos Aires.10.08
Asuncion.10.15
BH.03.22
SP.03.28
Curitiba.03.30
ravensjacket29
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2011, 10:06:52 AM »

well its about time

CONGRATS GUNS!!!! ok
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2011, 10:12:29 AM »

- Why Matt and no Gilby?
- Why Matt AND Steven?

I'm thinking Matt and no Gilby, because Matt played on two of the band's full length original albums and Gilby didn't.

Dizzy played in three (with original material... four studio albums in total) and still works with the band.

Steven and Matt together played on four of the band's albums, including the three big ones, and Paul's contributions were for Chinese Democracy (which right or wrong doesn't have the reputation needed to earn a place in the HOF).

Steven and Matt PLAYED DRUMS. The first one in two albums (1 and a half to be honest) and a single UYI song. The second one in the illusions and in a cover album. Very close to ZERO creative contributions in the case of Adler, zero (without any doubts) creative contribution in the case of Sorum.

Paul left his creative contributions in ''Shadow Of Your Love'' (pre-AFD era), ''Back Off Bitch'' (featured in UYI, but 10 years older), ''Oh My God'' (1999) TWAT, Catcher, IRS and Prostitute (Chinese Democracy), and how many still-unreleased songs we still dont know. We're not talking about fillers: TWAT and Prostitute are 2 of the best songs EVER in the GNR catalogue. And Axl, the unquestionable creator, leader and mastermind of the band, knows Paul before everyone in the AFD lineup (except for Izzy, if im not wrong).

Not to be an asshole, but I think this proves you just don't know what you are talking about. To discredit Steven's obvious contributions really can't be justified. Not sure if you have ever played in a band, but you don't need to be a musician to see what he brought to the table. It's really not a coincidence that he played on their most successful album to date, and a landmark album in the history of Rock N' Roll.

I love ''Shadow Of Your Love'', but let's be honest, most GN'R fans have never even heard that song. I love 'Back Off Bitch'', but it didn't exactly put GN'R on the map. ''Oh My God'' pretty much failed to keep them on it. I very much appreciate Paul's contributions, but if you are going to try and stack them against Steven's, it's a losing battle. You think that TWAT and Prostitute are some of GN'R's best work, and that's great, but understand again that you are in the minority, and most GN'R fans were underwhelmed to say the least about Chinese in general. Chinese does not come into the equation when deciding if they get inducted or not. Also, no one (except apparently you) cares who Axl has known the longest. Pretty sure that's not a requirement haha. Safe to say that unreleased tracks won't be considered either.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 10:18:53 AM by LongGoneDay » Logged
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2011, 10:30:24 AM »

I'll say it again. If Axl wanted to truly distance himself from the old lineup, he would just perform songs from CD (which I would love! Axl please perform If The World and Twat on New Year's PLEASE!!!)).

Chinese Democracy Fucking rules and deserves some fucking respect! All those responsible for it have just as much reason for being there.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2011, 10:33:56 AM »

I love the new linuep, but what do you think would have happened if Eddie Van Halen went up there and played songs from VH3 with Gary Cherone at the HOF?

libertad
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #58 on: December 07, 2011, 10:36:04 AM »

Roger Waters once said that he was found it incredible that he was playing to smaller venues while Gilmour and the new version of Pink Floyd were in the vicinity on the same night playing to giant stadium audiences, and as Waters put it ..."playing my songs"
Years later they jammed for a few tunes, for a good cause, and nothing has changed. They have not re-formed, they have not toured together, and no one believes Waters is back in Floyd.

I think Gnr has moved on, regardless of whether they have one cool night to honor the past..and that it'd be pretty cool to see it

Frankly, I'm more interested in seeing what bands pay tribute to Gnr than any of this Slash talk
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2011, 10:36:32 AM »

I agree with estebanf: Axl should just to a video saying thanks, and call it good. Don't even show up. That way there's no awkward situations. (Of course, Slash would probably take it upon himself to call the dude from Cypress Hill to sing....that's embarrassing enough)

Axl is God.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 158 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: