Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 05:28:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 466777 times)
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1740 on: April 03, 2012, 05:45:21 PM »

Don't argue with Bodhi. Everything he says about music is the truth and only his opinion matters.  Roll Eyes

thats what people do on message boards, they share their opinion and people argue over it.  Am I the only one who shares my opinion on this board?  Really?
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1741 on: April 03, 2012, 05:46:43 PM »

Yes anyone from Nirvana, Dave Grohl is more of a music icon than anyone in Green Day or Green Day as a whole.  Not to mention, they ALL know each other...  And BTW, Green Day hit it big in 1994...  Not far off from 92...  The stupid crap about Nirvana is a joke... It was over not long after that stupid Courtney, Kurt, and Axl incident.  McKagan and Cobain were sitting together on the same plane on a flight back to Seattle before Cobain died.  Grohl played on Slash's record...  Krist and Duff have played live together recently... etc...

Dave Grohl rips Axl Rose every chance he gets, most recently when "Chinese Democracy" came out,  use google sometime.
stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1742 on: April 03, 2012, 05:53:24 PM »

Yes anyone from Nirvana, Dave Grohl is more of a music icon than anyone in Green Day or Green Day as a whole.  Not to mention, they ALL know each other...  And BTW, Green Day hit it big in 1994...  Not far off from 92...  The stupid crap about Nirvana is a joke... It was over not long after that stupid Courtney, Kurt, and Axl incident.  McKagan and Cobain were sitting together on the same plane on a flight back to Seattle before Cobain died.  Grohl played on Slash's record...  Krist and Duff have played live together recently... etc...

Dave Grohl rips Axl Rose every chance he gets, most recently when "Chinese Democracy" came out,  use google sometime.

I'm not even fighting for Grohl to do it...  I'm just saying he would be a better choice (as an example).  I just think Green Day blows and are a completely over-rated band and that if it weren't for the college frat boys they wouldn't be anywhere.  Pick another band or person then Metallica, NIN, Rage Against the Machine, etc.  Keep it interesting...  This just reeks of standard industry practice, like the Grammy's.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #1743 on: April 03, 2012, 05:57:51 PM »

HOF = AMERICAN IDIOT

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1744 on: April 03, 2012, 05:59:33 PM »

I will say this, I am actually excited about the prospect of the HOF jam now if Green Day is on board.  Those of us who don't live in a fantasy world realized a decade ago that GNR wasn't going to play, this makes it pretty interesting now.

The whole idea that a band that broke up in their early 30's and then played together again for the first time  with no rehearsal in their early 50's was actually going to be a good thing is something I never really got on board with in the first place.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 06:04:08 PM by Bodhi » Logged
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1745 on: April 03, 2012, 06:00:49 PM »

I'm not even fighting for Grohl to do it...  I'm just saying he would be a better choice (as an example).  I just think Green Day blows and are a completely over-rated band and that if it weren't for the college frat boys they wouldn't be anywhere.  Pick another band or person then Metallica, NIN, Rage Against the Machine, etc.  Keep it interesting...  This just reeks of standard industry practice, like the Grammy's.

Metallica would make sense, as they are a peer of the band and actually have something in common with them.  Lars would have given a great speech.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #1746 on: April 03, 2012, 06:04:18 PM »

Think about this....all the other inductors were announced awhile ago. Ya think that might be a sign that the HOF was having a rough time getting someone to say yes? They asked Green Day (a Rolling Stone magazine favorite, which is the powers that be behind the HOF) and they said yes. Say what you will about Green Day's music, they are fairly well spoken and should give a cool speech.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
WTTJ_91
Rocker

« Reply #1747 on: April 03, 2012, 06:15:13 PM »

I'm sure Green Day will give a decent speech ; it's not hard to talk up a band who is immensely successful. But really? Green Day was good in the 90's and that's it. I would have rather seen Dave and Krist ( one who writes with Duff and the other who has recorded with Slash ), Metallica ( peers ), Jimmy Fallon ( goes with the Chris Rock theme ), Avenged Sevenfold.... the list goes on. Maybe the HOF thinks that if Green Day plays ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dh7g9s0_pvU ) the sheer horrendous quality of it will force Axl and Co to play hahah.
Dot
Cute and sweet
Banned
Legend

please come back (to the band of hacks)

« Reply #1748 on: April 03, 2012, 06:28:24 PM »

Green Day to induct GN?R into the HOF? Did not see that one coming, I think there are tons of other artist more suitable to do the job, not saying it?s a bad choice, though.

I can see/hear Green Day playing a medley of GN?R songs.

Rock N? Roll is the answer!!!
vicariousexistence
Headliner

« Reply #1749 on: April 03, 2012, 06:30:05 PM »

sebastian bach has an amazing voice, so, yea, at least having someone talented would have been cool.

My posts all have hidden messages.  It's your job to find it.
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #1750 on: April 03, 2012, 06:33:41 PM »

Worst choice ever... this is just embarassing...  no no no

AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #1751 on: April 03, 2012, 06:35:19 PM »

People complaining about one of this generation's biggest bands inducting one of a previous generation's biggest bands are stupid.
Maybe y'all should stop being hipster douches and not just hate something because it's popular.
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #1752 on: April 03, 2012, 06:35:39 PM »

Worst choice ever... this is just embarassing...  no no no

Ummm hardly.... I don't like Green Day, but this is not embarrassing or the worst choice ever by any means.  
WTTJ_91
Rocker

« Reply #1753 on: April 03, 2012, 06:35:43 PM »

Green Day to induct GN?R into the HOF? Did not see that one coming, I think there are tons of other artist more suitable to do the job, not saying it?s a bad choice, though.

I can see/hear Green Day playing a medley of GN?R songs.

That would be one of the biggest disasters possible. A 3 piece punk rock band...playing a 5 piece hard rock song? Beyond that, all the solo's would be cut and the vocals would be WAY off.

People complaining about one of this generation's biggest bands inducting one of a previous generation's biggest bands are stupid.
Maybe y'all should stop being hipster douches and not just hate something because it's popular.

So if Nickelback inducted GN'R you'd be fine? Creed? Both are arguably this generations biggest acts. Linkin Park maybe? Being popular doesn't make you suck, sucking makes you suck.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 06:37:14 PM by WTTJ_91 » Logged
CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #1754 on: April 03, 2012, 06:37:50 PM »

sebastian bach has an amazing voice, so, yea, at least having someone talented would have been cool.

Sebastion Bach has an annoying voice.

Broski
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #1755 on: April 03, 2012, 06:40:19 PM »

Sebastion Bach has an annoying voice.

We have annoying posters here on HTGTH - doesn't mean we hate them.

Or does it?

But I'm still unsure about Green Day... maybe they're just bluffing, trying to get Axl and the guys to play.
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #1756 on: April 03, 2012, 06:40:56 PM »

So if Nickelback inducted GN'R you'd be fine? Creed? Both are arguably this generations biggest acts. Linkin Park maybe? Being popular doesn't make you suck, sucking makes you suck.

Wouldn't mind Linkin Park. But not Nickelback or Creed.
The difference? Green Day are without a doubt one of the greatest bands on the planet right now. Just see them live... one of the few bands that can hold a candle to GN'R in an arena setting. There's absolutely no question about it at all. Nickelback and Creed are shit.
stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1757 on: April 03, 2012, 06:41:04 PM »

I will say this, I am actually excited about the prospect of the HOF jam now if Green Day is on board.  Those of us who don't live in a fantasy world realized a decade ago that GNR wasn't going to play, this makes it pretty interesting now.

The whole idea that a band that broke up in their early 30's and then played together again for the first time  with no rehearsal in their early 50's was actually going to be a good thing is something I never really got on board with in the first place.

My prediction is that Izzy is the only one that doesn't show.  I really believe Axl is VERY in to this...  It's just my personal opinion...  He will keep everyone guessing because he's somewhat of a private person but I really believe he will show up.  The basis of my opinion is that he's inducted Elton John and this past year Axl has worked VERY VERY hard on his tour and it has really paid off.  

And yes, I think that they all could pull off a few songs from Appetite without a problem.  I've witnessed the "unprepared" version of Guns (without Axl) warm up and they pulled it together on the first take this past September in New York.  Slash, Duff, Gilby, and Matt with some other people on vocals and it all sounded excellent.
vicariousexistence
Headliner

« Reply #1758 on: April 03, 2012, 06:41:15 PM »

oh god, green day?  wow, talk about the most talentless hacks they could come up with.

10 years of anticipation and i'm left with no izzy, probably no axl, and my most hated band of all-time. 

there goes my hopes and dreams.

Your hopes and dreams hinged on the GNR Hall of Fame ceremony?  hihi

yea.  it's really been the main focus of my life for 5-10 years.  seriously.  the possibility of the 5 of them being together, even just in the same room, has gotten me through the hardest times of my life.  i've simply been waiting because i need to know.

My posts all have hidden messages.  It's your job to find it.
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #1759 on: April 03, 2012, 06:42:48 PM »

oh god, green day?  wow, talk about the most talentless hacks they could come up with.

10 years of anticipation and i'm left with no izzy, probably no axl, and my most hated band of all-time. 

there goes my hopes and dreams.

Your hopes and dreams hinged on the GNR Hall of Fame ceremony?  hihi

yea.  it's really been the main focus of my life for 5-10 years.  seriously.  the possibility of the 5 of them being together, even just in the same room, has gotten me through the hardest times of my life.  i've simply been waiting because i need to know.

I'm sorry, but that is just incredibly sad. Did you ever think of putting them on something... more worthwhile?
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 158 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: