Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:09:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 458426 times)
StoneTempleRoses
Rocker

Axl Was Here

« Reply #1900 on: April 05, 2012, 01:37:41 AM »

I didnt see the Van Halen thing at all. I think with all the originals but Izzy, which has he said he wasn't going or are people assuming this or where did that start from?

I think DJ playing with Slash would sortof be like a very very small merging of the old and new and the only way it could work, besides someone has to play Izzys parts if he isnt there. It wouldn't be a full on reunion but it would be nobodys fault but izzys and I think he would be ok with that being as it doesnt seem like he cares what people think of him to much,

cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #1901 on: April 05, 2012, 02:36:38 AM »

I wish Steven had a someone in charge of PR that would keep him from saying these comments.

I don't think that person exists. hihi

Gaffa tape should do the job   Grin

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #1902 on: April 05, 2012, 04:10:11 AM »

if Izzy's not attending....give Ashba a call, Axl, he can easily cover Izzy's part for a possible performance.
we'd have 2x tophats on stage then  Cheesy

Re-Union time, baby!!
Jeramy
Rocker

« Reply #1903 on: April 05, 2012, 04:20:38 AM »

I'm sure Gilby wouldn't mind filling in for Izzy... No screw that, it just wouldn't be right.   I'd prefer to have Izzy there just to accept the honor than to have a performance without him there at all smoking
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 04:23:56 AM by Jeramy » Logged

"He's in my band, that's where Slash is, fuckhead. Go home!"
wadey
Legend

« Reply #1904 on: April 05, 2012, 04:21:00 AM »

if Izzy's not attending....give Ashba a call, Axl, he can easily cover Izzy's part for a possible performance.
we'd have 2x tophats on stage then  Cheesy

Dj would be cool but i think Fortus should be the man for the job if anyone but i really doubt anything will come of it so i guess its a pointless discussion

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
audjon
Rocker

It's a bit cold here...

« Reply #1905 on: April 05, 2012, 05:48:34 AM »

What about Paul Huge? Is he attending - he could easily replace Izzy and/or Gilby.

Gle?i, gle?i, gle?i
Au?j?n
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #1906 on: April 05, 2012, 05:59:32 AM »

Is it definate Izzy is not attending? I would have thought if Axl is going, he'd want him to be there.
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #1907 on: April 05, 2012, 06:15:07 AM »

we dont know from 1st hand! apparently Matt called Slash who told him he spoke to Izzy who isnt planing to attend the show.

anyway, Ashba said he'd be ok to go/do something the HOF night "if" Axl calls. so thats why Ashba should do the Izzy job IMO....but its not our decision.

Re-Union time, baby!!
Layflats
Headliner

I'm not an idiot.

« Reply #1908 on: April 05, 2012, 09:09:25 AM »

At this point if Axl attends I think the first thing he would do is walk up to Adler and crack his jaw...maybe straighten that face out a bit.  What I hope happens is Izzy and Axl put on a secret show with the current band at some club near the HOF and have 300 lb bodyguards to make sure Adler can't get in.

I mean seriously, if your life dream is to reunite with the AFD line-up, why would you take the approach of insulting people Axl actually cares about?  This goes to show how lame and mediocre this dude is.  Good luck with the power trio, aye yigh yigh.

What really sucks is Adler will most likely get a good chunk of the induction speech and whine and lament about what could have been.  That will SUCK for fans of the band.  Once he realizes the HE is the one that fucked it up, no one else, just him, then he has a prayer of being a semi-normal human being.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 09:15:50 AM by Layflats » Logged

Chicago 11/15/11
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #1909 on: April 05, 2012, 09:29:29 AM »

I hope they don't let Adler talk he will embarrass himself and everything related to GNR.

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #1910 on: April 05, 2012, 09:30:06 AM »

yeah, the fear is there that the HOF night wont do any good for Adler's health, even if they would perform....lets hope he doesnt OD right afterwards.

Re-Union time, baby!!
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #1911 on: April 05, 2012, 09:47:22 AM »

I brought it up before, if Steven gets the mike (and I don't see how they can stop him) he is going to create one of the most awkward situations ever!  I really don't want that to happen as i don't want this to be a mockery of what it should be. 

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #1912 on: April 05, 2012, 10:13:53 AM »

I brought it up before, if Steven gets the mike (and I don't see how they can stop him) he is going to create one of the most awkward situations ever!  I really don't want that to happen as i don't want this to be a mockery of what it should be. 

My hope is that Duff or someone pulls him aside beforehand and says "Dude, keep it short and sweet and not stupid."

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
brazil66
Rocker

« Reply #1913 on: April 05, 2012, 11:05:15 AM »

My hope is that Duff or someone pulls him aside beforehand and says "Dude, keep it short and sweet and not stupid."

Its all getting a little sad, wish the thing was over and done with...really.
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #1914 on: April 05, 2012, 11:11:33 AM »

You know looking at the pathetic crap Adler and Saul are pulling i'm soooo happy we have the GNR we have today for many many reason. No wonder the band became a joke in the early 90s and it was "uncool" to like GNR.

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
ericy210
Headliner

What's up..... homefuck!

« Reply #1915 on: April 05, 2012, 11:15:02 AM »

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1682421/green-day-guns-n-roses-rock-hall.jhtml

Green Day To Induct Guns N' Roses Into Rock Hall
It is still unclear if GN'R singer Axl Rose will show up to the April 14 event.

It takes a punk to know a punk. And though they may appear to be rebels of a different stripe, down deep Green Day and Guns N' Roses are made of the same spiked collar DNA. That's why it makes perfect sense that the Berkeley, California-bred three-chord trio has been tapped to induct the ultimate Hollywood metal gods into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame next week.

According to Rolling Stone, Green Day will deliver the induction speech for GN'R during the April 14 induction ceremony
 in Cleveland. And while Billy Joe Armstrong and the boys are sure to heap praise on Guns for the pioneering mind-meld of glam, metal and punk on the band's titanic 1987 debut, Appetite for Destruction, the million-dollar question remains which members of the famously splintered band will attend?

Former members Slash, Duff McKagan, Steven Adler and Matt Sorum and the only remaining early-period member, keyboardist Dizzy Reed, have said they may attend, but singer (and lone original member) Axl Rose and former guitarist Izzy Stradlin have not confirmed their plans yet. RS indicated that if the notoriously mercurial Rose doesn't show, it is unlikely that the band will perform and it's not clear if Green Day would play in their stead.

Guns have not performed with Adler since 1990 and Slash hasn't shared a stage with Rose since he split the group in 1993. Rose has been touring for much of the past decade with a new lineup of the band.

"Everyone has been asking me what's going to happen [at the Hall of Fame]," Slash recently told the magazine. "And they know as much as I do. I feel you're totally obligated to be present and I would love to f---ing play, but it's just something that's not gonna happen for whatever reason."

The famously top-hatted guitarist said relations between him and Rose remain, well, chilly. "He hates my guts," Slash said. "It's over a lot of different stuff; I don't even know. There's just no communication between us. I talk to Duff and Steven, but when it comes to old Guns N' Roses, there really isn't anybody that makes decisions."

Whatever happens, Green Day will be in good company at the star-studded Rock Hall of Fame affair
. The Beastie Boys will be inducted by hip-hop icon and Public Enemy frontman Chuck D, while comedian Chris Rock will do the honors for the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

In addition, "Sopranos" star and E Street Band member "Little" Steven Van Zandt will handle the duties for the Small Faces/The Faces, John Mellencamp will handle psychedelic crooner Donovan, Bette Midler will induct late pop singer/songwriter Laura Nyro and ZZ Top's Billy Gibbons and Dusty Hill will speak on behalf of blues guitar icon Freddie King.

Also on tap are singer/songwriter Carole King, who will speak on behalf of non-performer producer Don Kirshner; the Band's Robbie Robertson, who will talk about producers/engineers Cosimo Matassa, Tom Dowd and Glyn Johns; and R&B legend Smokey Robinson, who will induct the sidemen in the Blue Caps, the Comets, the Crickets, the Famous Flames, the Midnighters and Robinson's own backing band the Miracles. The induction ceremony will be televised on HBO on May 5 at 9 p.m.

Iowa City 1993, Leeds 2002, Quad Cities 2002, Chicago 2002, NYC 2006, Lisbon 2006, London 2006, Donnington 2006, Wembley 2006, Chicago 2006, Toronto 2010, Chicago 2011, Chicago 2012, Chicago 2016 x 2
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #1916 on: April 05, 2012, 11:16:40 AM »

Its all getting a little sad, wish the thing was over and done with...really.

I cannot understand those who "wish" the HOF ceremony was over.  This has been so entertaining, I think things here will be pretty boring when its over.  Its forced drama and its hilarious to see how each member of the band is dealing with it.  Everything is getting built up so much, but I am sure the event itself will be fine.  I don't think Adler will ruin anything and I think it will be a nice ceremony.  

As sad as it is to say its likely the last time you will see these guys all in the same room together with the exception of a funeral, so embrace the moment!
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #1917 on: April 05, 2012, 11:17:25 AM »

You know looking at the pathetic crap Adler and Saul are pulling i'm soooo happy we have the GNR we have today for many many reason. No wonder the band became a joke in the early 90s and it was "uncool" to like GNR.

Yeah, those were pretty dark days when GN'R was in their creative prime, touring non stop, putting out 5 albums in 6 years...
Things are much better now.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1918 on: April 05, 2012, 11:18:16 AM »

"It takes a punk to know a punk. And though they may appear to be rebels of a different stripe, down deep Green Day and Guns N' Roses are made of the same spiked collar DNA. That's why it makes perfect sense that the Berkeley, California-bred three-chord trio has been tapped to induct the ultimate Hollywood metal gods into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame next week."

This is the exact thought I was trying to convey, this is why the Green Day thing made perfect sense to me from the start.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1919 on: April 05, 2012, 11:20:24 AM »

. No wonder the band became a joke in the early 90s and it was "uncool" to like GNR.

that actually never happened.  That is revisionist history at best.  Guns N Roses were the highest selling rock band of 1992, the year after "Nevermind" came out.  No matter what the media will try to sell you, the world did not instantly turn into zombies who only listened to music from Seattle after Nirvana came out, no matter how hard they want you to believe that.

Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 158 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: