Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:46:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Sorum: The VR Demos W/Corey Taylor Sound Kind Of Like Appetite For Destruction
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sorum: The VR Demos W/Corey Taylor Sound Kind Of Like Appetite For Destruction  (Read 2653 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: December 15, 2011, 02:24:23 PM »

Matt Sorum Interview - 'Guns, Velvet and Rock & Roll!'

THE SPOTLIGHT REPORT

Dec 14, 2011

Legendary Rock drummer Matt Sorum from Guns n' Roses, Velvet Revolver and The Cult talks to Spotlight Report the day after the grand opening of the Hard Rock Cafe in Sydney, where he shared the stage with some australian music talents.

On the recordings with Corey Taylor:

Matt Sorum: We made some cool recordings but Slash just wasn't feeling it. I thought it sounded cool, I mean, it was probably a little different than what Slash was used to. I don't know, he wasn't feeling it. I have about 9 demos that are pretty cool sounding, I think they sound kind of loose and fucked up like Appetite For Destruction.  Not perfect, but like, something cool about it, a little dirty.  Not like perfect guitars and shit, you know like live recordings, where we just jammed and Corey sang. It's not the best drum sound but it works.

[On a new singer] They're home right now checking out a guy without me....I told them why don't you just try to write a song and see how the guy sounds and how he writes a lyric. That's been a little bit of a thing. I thought Corey had good lyrics, he's a smart guy, he writes from his background. He's gone through some stuff in his life, and he writes hard lyrics. So I liked his lyrics, I got a lot of what he was saying. So we'll see how it goes, everyone is still into finding the guy, it's just a matter of it being (snaps fingers).

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8-RgOyJJjg

« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 04:49:45 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2011, 04:25:43 PM »

"I think they sound kind of loose and fucked up like Appetite For Destruction.  Not perfect, but like, something cool about it, a little dirty.  Not like perfect guitars and shit, you know like live recordings, where we just jammed and Corey sang. It's not the best drum sound but it works." 

LOL that hardly sounds like Appetite at all
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 04:48:46 PM »

"I think they sound kind of loose and fucked up like Appetite For Destruction.  Not perfect, but like, something cool about it, a little dirty.  Not like perfect guitars and shit, you know like live recordings, where we just jammed and Corey sang. It's not the best drum sound but it works." 

LOL that hardly sounds like Appetite at all

haha, yeah i see how that can be taken out of context.  I think what he was trying to say is that the demos were just recorded and didn't get tinkered with that much, like "Appetite" 
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2011, 05:06:52 AM »

I think VR is dead...
how much they try to reactivate it... it just doesn't work.
Going with Corey would've been a huge succes for both party's

Although I can see why Slash thinks Corey isn't VR work it's most deff due to the fact that he is just so different then Axl or Scott or anyone He has worked with but I can see that as something positive. I do think he knows that Taylor is one of the best frontmen alive today.
but It's weird he would pass up such an chance. just like Myles did with VR
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: