Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 07:28:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227799 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Skateboarding
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Skateboarding  (Read 4551 times)
LongGoneDay
VIP

« on: November 28, 2012, 04:24:58 PM »

Any skateboarders, current or retired on the board?

I took it up when I was 17 or so, and was super into it until I was 22, when for whatever reason I decided it was time to focus on becoming a raging alcoholic.
In hindsight, not the greatest idea, but at least it only consumed the better part of a decade.

I'm 31 now, and have been sober since last December. I've gotten back into shape, and my interest in skateboarding is back and then some.
This totally wasn't meant to sound like an AA introductory speech, haha.

Some of the skateboarders I was influenced by were Eric Koston, Marc Johnson, Guy Mariano, and Girl/Chocolate just released a video yesterday, titled "Pretty Sweet" which they are all a part of.
I pre-ordered it, but it has yet to arrive. Haven't seen too much about it discussed online. Curious if anyone has seen it, as I know it's available to download on itunes.

or obviously if anyone has anything else skate related to contribute.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 01:21:10 PM »

I'm not into skateboarding, but it was nice reading about how you're re-connecting with an old passion, those are usually great stories.  Best of luck to you.   peace
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 11:12:22 AM »

Thanks George!
A little sore, but otherwise feels great to be back.

I think even those who aren't necessarily into skating themselves would appreciate this movie that comes out today, Waiting for Lightning.
I haven't actually seen it yet myself, but can't imagine it being anything less than amazing, having followed Danny's insane career over the years.

Here's the trailer..

http://youtu.be/TbZytF0XaOQ
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2012, 12:08:41 PM »

I'ev never been a skater myself but have been interrested in it and wanted to learn. Never did it though. Some months ago my interest came back with the new Tony Hawk's Pro skater HD.  Cheesy

Been thinking about buying a board and learn how to skate a bit, but we'll see.

Found a pretty cool and special skate video yesterday. check it out! not the usual skate video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOXR5drPJlg
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 12:36:26 PM »

Do it!

My friend had just forwarded the William Spencer link to me over the weekend. Never thought I'd see some of those tricks done.

This isn't new, but kind of along the same lines of the whacky side of skateboarding.
The whole clip is full of amazing mini ramp skating, but it starts to get weird around the 6:25 mark..

http://youtu.be/w-Y41wB-cdU
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: