Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 07:03:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227669 Posts in 43239 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2012 Baseball Season/Off-Season Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2012 Baseball Season/Off-Season Discussion  (Read 185157 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1200 on: December 19, 2012, 12:30:31 AM »

How about them Jays, though?  They're shaping up to be a force.  R.A. Dickey's numbers against the AL East are stellar. 

They're now the Vegas favorite to win the World Series Cool
It's crazy how improved their starting rotation SHOULD be.  John Farrell may have left too soon.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1201 on: December 19, 2012, 12:35:51 AM »

I'm a Sox fan, but man these moves just have to make you laugh. Spending a lot of money to be mediocre, if they're lucky.
At least they are only locked into bad short term deals as opposed to horrible long term deals.
That's progress I guess. Go Sox!
Yeah, I don't really mind the players they've brought aboard, or the length of the contracts.  But the AAV, even for the short term, they certainly way overpaid for everyone they signed.  I don't think there will be any bargains in the bunch.  I, by far, like the Dempster deal the least.  I think he's a #3 at best, but probably a back of the rotation guy in the AL.  I don't see how he's any better than Lackey, and he's been a disaster with the Sox so far. 

I do think they will be more competitive next season, but I don't think they'll be anything more than that.  I guess if everyone had a career year and everything went their way, but aside from that they'll battle for a wild card slot at best.  But honestly I don't see how they're not the favorite to finish in the basement in the AL East.  I could see the Orioles taking a step back, but I'm not convinced the Sox are better than them. 

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1202 on: December 19, 2012, 11:05:35 PM »

Classy move by Derek Jeter.  Apparently he called and spoke to the mother and family of Victoria Soto, one of the teachers from Sandy Hook Elementary in Newtown, CT that was killed last week.

Steve ‏@EsqSteve

HUGE props to Derek Jeter who just called Victoria Soto's family to offer condolences. Big props to him and the Yankees.

Carlee Soto ‏@ICarlee23

Derek Jeter just called my mom!!!!! 💙 Thanks Vicki, she needs it 💚 thank you @yankees this meant a lot to my mother and all of us. ⚾💙

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1203 on: December 20, 2012, 02:49:25 AM »

Not surprising he did something really awesome like that.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1204 on: December 23, 2012, 03:40:01 PM »

Probably time to start the 2013 version....which I will do right now!

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=65005.new#new
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 03:42:01 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: