Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:28:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  GUNSNROSES CIRQUE DU SOLEIL
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: GUNSNROSES CIRQUE DU SOLEIL  (Read 2172 times)
Annie
« on: January 10, 2012, 05:04:20 PM »

I am still totally blown away by the three awesome GNR shows that I saw this year, the 2 Las Vegas shows and the Chicago show. The setlists were such a brilliant showcase of both the old and new material. I am also a huge fan of musical theater and I love shows like WICKED, LES MIZ , Phantom of the Opera and ROCK OF AGES. Now when I was in Las Vegas I saw the ELVIS and BEATLES LOVE CIRQUE du Soleil shows which were visually stunning and very entertaining. I was just thinking that all the songs that GNR played on this tour would make a fabulous CIRQUE du Soleil show. THose Cirque du Soleil performers are so talented and they do such amazing things with their bodies. Songs like ROCKET QUEEN and WTTJ could really rock with some great stripperesque moves like in the musical ROCK OF AGES. THIS I LOVE could be a beautiful ballet type number. With GNR being inducted into the HALL OF FAME this year, the timing could just be right.

What do you all think ?

Also one of my fav things about that silly show BITE at the Stratosphere was that they used some GNR songs. hihi
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 05:08:59 PM by Lumen » Logged
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 03:32:09 PM »

I never thought anything in the world could make me hate Guns N' Roses music...this might do it though.  hihi
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 07:27:40 PM »

I am still totally blown away by the three awesome GNR shows that I saw this year, the 2 Las Vegas shows and the Chicago show. The setlists were such a brilliant showcase of both the old and new material. I am also a huge fan of musical theater and I love shows like WICKED, LES MIZ , Phantom of the Opera and ROCK OF AGES. Now when I was in Las Vegas I saw the ELVIS and BEATLES LOVE CIRQUE du Soleil shows which were visually stunning and very entertaining. I was just thinking that all the songs that GNR played on this tour would make a fabulous CIRQUE du Soleil show. THose Cirque du Soleil performers are so talented and they do such amazing things with their bodies. Songs like ROCKET QUEEN and WTTJ could really rock with some great stripperesque moves like in the musical ROCK OF AGES. THIS I LOVE could be a beautiful ballet type number. With GNR being inducted into the HALL OF FAME this year, the timing could just be right.

What do you all think ?

Also one of my fav things about that silly show BITE at the Stratosphere was that they used some GNR songs. hihi

This is an excellent idea, and I would love for it to happen. Robin Finck has close connections with Cirque Du Soleil, and I believe that both he and his wife have performed with the act and most likely continue to have a close relationship with them.

So if this did happen, maybe the Finckster could show us his circus skills with Cirque Du Soleil and then he could jump on the guitar for GN'R, and start rocking Better or This I Love.  drool drool drool drool drool drool
Annie
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 10:56:08 AM »

Thankyou for your kind words. I think GNR's music is in the same league as the BEATLES and ELVIS, and it will stand the test of time for future generations!
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 06:21:00 PM »

Haha, i saw the title, then I thought, Hey! I just had this conversation on Sunday with Annie and Elias, then I saw who posted this, hahaha. I'd LOVE it.

Axl is God.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: