Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 12:16:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  VIP Ticket confusion...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: VIP Ticket confusion...  (Read 15785 times)
Goddamn_Electric
Rocker

« on: February 07, 2012, 07:47:14 PM »

I emailed the company handling the  .com presale because I was confused on whether my ticket was going to be mailed or at will call, and got this back:

Ticketing Support, Feb 07 14:47 (PST):
Hello 213dittohead,

Thank you for contacting ground(ctrl) support. Your VIP package will be at the will call window. However, the tickets and lithograph will be shipped to you. The lithograph will be shipped at a later date and the tickets to your show should be shipping in the next couple of days.

Have a great day!

Sincerely,
ground(ctrl) Support

This makes me wonder what exactly I'm getting as far as a VIP package goes??  I ordered the silver, not the gold.

11/17/02 Mark of the Quad Cities
11/27/06 Rosemont Horizon
2/19/2012 House of Blues Chicago
7/1/2016 Soldier Field Chicago
7/3/2016 Soldier Field Chicago
10/13/2019 Exit 111 Festival
Birk
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 08:35:01 PM »

You are getting a litho and ticket to your house, gold vip will have there vip laminate at will call along with early entry. Thats what i understand
Gunsguy
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 08:36:34 PM »

Yes your passes will be at will call, your tickets will be shipped to your address.  This way you can get in the show and they can control who gets VIP access.
Goddamn_Electric
Rocker

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 08:55:41 PM »

You are getting a litho and ticket to your house, gold vip will have there vip laminate at will call along with early entry. Thats what i understand

That's the way I understood it as well...but I wasnt aware I was getting a pass of any sort.  This leads me to believe silver gets something at will call as well.

11/17/02 Mark of the Quad Cities
11/27/06 Rosemont Horizon
2/19/2012 House of Blues Chicago
7/1/2016 Soldier Field Chicago
7/3/2016 Soldier Field Chicago
10/13/2019 Exit 111 Festival
Jayster
Headliner

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2012, 08:58:01 PM »

when do you think we will get our tickets? i did will call for the house of blues in chicago with a gold vip.
MNGS717
Rocker

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2012, 09:24:45 PM »

This makes me wonder what exactly I'm getting as far as a VIP package goes??  I ordered the silver, not the gold.

Why don't you just check the receipt that you were emailed after you paid?  I'm sure that everyone who ordered from Ground Control, via GN'R site got the same receipt.  I ordered Silver and know that my ticket will not be mailed.  I have to pick it up at Will Call(HOPE I GET A REAL TICKET STUB), anyway the lithograph will be mailed later.  Ground Control probably just sent a general reply because you have to go to Will Call anyway to get your ticket.  I would have paid extra for the option to have the tickets mailed because I hate the hassle of having to pick them up in another line.  Anyway good luck and check your emailed receipt, because I ordered Silver also(different show but still silver).

Your Guns N' Roses order
Qty    Sku    Description    Delivery Method    Cost    Total
2    GUN-VIP-022312S    Silver VIP Package    Will-Call    $149.99    $299.98

12/6/02 Philly
11/20/11 Wilkes-Barre,PA
2/23/12 Silver Spring, MD
5/13/14 Bethlehem,PA
6/26/16 Landover,Md
7/14/16 Philly
8/13/17 Hershey
Birk
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2012, 09:37:10 PM »

Checked my order and nothing has been shipped yet
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2012, 10:11:06 PM »

The ticket stubs and litho get shipped after the gigs. The silver VIP gets a litho & stub. The gold gets a litho, stub, and a commerative lammy. The lammys aren't for any sort of access, just for a keepsake. The gold gets in ten to fifteen minutes prior to doors opening. Silver probably gets in before general ticket sales.

In Vegas the second night they gave all of us the option for early entry but only three of us took it. The first night was a hassle because the groundctrl people were also confused.

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
MNGS717
Rocker

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2012, 10:28:14 PM »

The ticket stubs and litho get shipped after the gigs. The silver VIP gets a litho & stub.

That would be nice but the Silver packages this time come with one GA ticket&one lithograph, nothing more.  My guess is that anyone who picks up their ticket from the Silver package will get their ticket and then go wait in the same line with everyone else(except Gold), so we will be going as early as possible.

12/6/02 Philly
11/20/11 Wilkes-Barre,PA
5/13/14 Bethlehem,PA
6/26/16 Landover,Md
7/14/16 Philly
8/13/17 Hershey
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2012, 10:37:54 PM »

The ticket stubs and litho get shipped after the gigs. The silver VIP gets a litho & stub.

That would be nice but the Silver packages this time come with one GA ticket&one lithograph, nothing more.  My guess is that anyone who picks up their ticket from the Silver package will get their ticket and then go wait in the same line with everyone else(except Gold), so we will be going as early as possible.

Yeah, I know what the silver comes with, I bought three of them...I never said they came with anything else.

russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2012, 10:44:03 PM »

The ticket stubs and litho get shipped after the gigs. The silver VIP gets a litho & stub. The gold gets a litho, stub, and a commerative lammy. The lammys aren't for any sort of access, just for a keepsake. The gold gets in ten to fifteen minutes prior to doors opening. Silver probably gets in before general ticket sales.

In Vegas the second night they gave all of us the option for early entry but only three of us took it. The first night was a hassle because the groundctrl people were also confused.

ALL of this.

Not to be a dick but I hope a lot of people with Gold VIP are paying attention to what people Mr. Redman is saying. He's telling you wait to expect in advance so no one is disappointed. I don't mean to come off harsh, but I can just see threads flooding starting this Saturday with people complaining that they didn't get something from Goold VIP that they expected but weren't promised.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2012, 10:50:05 PM »

Thanks bud! Btw, speaking of Vegas...what I messaged you about on FB didn't work out, it didn't save properly. So bummed. May try it again. Wink

And yeah, I can also see things being flooded saturday morning "I didn't get this" "I didn't get a meet & greet" etc etc. The only things you're gonna get are what the website says. You're going to have to wait a bit for the poster though, I'm still waiting on two shirts for the Las Vegas packages.

All I can say is don't expect anything other than  what gnr.com says. You won't get into an aftershow, you won't get a drink ticket, and you won't meet any of the band with the current packages. If you're lucky enough to wait around after the show and after the aftershow - you just may meet some of the boys.

MNGS717
Rocker

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2012, 11:06:18 PM »

Yeah, I know what the silver comes with, I bought three of them...I never said they came with anything else.

You just mentioned a stub being mailed for Silver!   Smiley As I understood the Gold package does come with a commemorative ticket stub/souvenir laminate/lithograph.  I bought Silver so I believe that I will be getting the lithograph in the mail and that's it. 

12/6/02 Philly
11/20/11 Wilkes-Barre,PA
5/13/14 Bethlehem,PA
6/26/16 Landover,Md
7/14/16 Philly
8/13/17 Hershey
adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2012, 11:08:24 PM »

ALL of this.

Not to be a dick but I hope a lot of people with Gold VIP are paying attention to what people Mr. Redman is saying. He's telling you wait to expect in advance so no one is disappointed. I don't mean to come off harsh, but I can just see threads flooding starting this Saturday with people complaining that they didn't get something from Goold VIP that they expected but weren't promised.

The people that bought Gold VIP bought it for the early entry, period. I think they will be very pissed off if that is not the case.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2012, 12:07:58 AM »

ALL of this.

The people that bought Gold VIP bought it for the early entry, period. I think they will be very pissed off if that is not the case.

GNR's site says they get in early... they'll get in early. What I'm pointing out is people that are hoping that something else comes along with the laminate.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Nightfall
The Evil Dutchess
VIP

« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2012, 05:05:21 AM »

You just mentioned a stub being mailed for Silver!   Smiley As I understood the Gold package does come with a commemorative ticket stub/souvenir laminate/lithograph.  I bought Silver so I believe that I will be getting the lithograph in the mail and that's it. 
got an email yesterday from GroundCTRL that the goods and ticketsstubs arrived in there wharehouse that morning.
And since i'm from abroad if i could provide my address for the stay in NY. I told them to send it there only if they can guarantee that it will be there between the 9th and 13th, otherwise i would be on my way home again.

you don't need the stub for access do you? Since i had to give my name for the VIP list.

sorry the exact email was this:
The tickets for your Guns N'Roses event on February 10th arrived at our warehouse this morning and they are currently being processed for shipping. Since you provided us with an international address, we were hoping that you could provide us with the address of where you will be staying in the US so that we can overnight the tickets to you.

Sincerely,
ground(ctrl) Support
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 05:12:49 AM by Nightfall » Logged

Nightfall On Tour 2012:
NY: Februari 10 & 12
France: June 5, 11, 14 & 19
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2012, 06:53:25 AM »

Re-read my post then. Second sentence. I clearly state that silver comes with a stub & litho.

LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2012, 08:00:24 AM »

The GN'R Camp are installing quite a but o' confidence in the USPS.
Birk
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2012, 08:28:28 AM »

The GN'R Camp are installing quite a but o' confidence in the USPS.

ugh, usps SUCKS!!!!
and they are mailing  the ticket stubs after the show?Huh?
I thought we get the ticket mailed to us before the show?? Or is our access going to be the laminate??
and yes i have GOLD vip.
ereeper
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2012, 08:31:04 AM »

I'm happy there are three shows before my two so I can observe how things are handled for the NY shows and by then it should be pretty clear on what to expect.

Toledo   1991
Detroit  1992
Detroit  1993
Chicago 2002
Detroit  2002
Detroit  2006
Detroit  2011
Chicago 2012
Detroit 2012
HOF      2012
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »