Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 10:52:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [SOLD OUT] 2/10 - New York City, New York @ Roseland Ballroom
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [SOLD OUT] 2/10 - New York City, New York @ Roseland Ballroom  (Read 38728 times)
badapplex
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #100 on: February 11, 2012, 07:37:39 PM »

Not sure what show you guys saw last night,but Rolling Stone just posted one hell of a positive review.

"Say what you will about Axl, when he's onstage he sings his ass off and gives it his all."  -  Andy Greene,Rolling Stone

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/guns-n-roses-kick-off-2012-tour-with-epic-new-york-club-show-20120211
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #101 on: February 11, 2012, 08:35:28 PM »

I can't even imagine saying the show was not great and you feel cheated by a setlist.  Really?  The whole point of this show was to see them up close and personal.  Axl is in better shape than ever and if I had the money I would have scored tix to every one, same setlist or not.  It's GNR playing GNR songs with Axl's voice almost better than it ever was.

Rolling Stone, The New York Times, great reviews...I am so happy for the band to get positive press.
troccoli
VIP

Please allow me to introduce myself

« Reply #102 on: February 12, 2012, 12:22:43 AM »

It was nice having the Vegas reunion front & center like it was. Myself, Cotis, Elias & Troccoli. Was LIguns to the right of Troccoli? If so - hi! I was to liguns right...lol.

It was cool having folks like that up front.  Glad you guys could make it.

I've never had so Much fun at a concert before. It was great to finally meet some fellow "board members". Had a blast w/ Trocc n' Redman upfront n' dead center.

Was great meeting you and hanging out!

All I need is some clarity and someone to tell me WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!!!! GOD DAMN IT!!!!
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #103 on: February 12, 2012, 01:02:00 AM »

I can't even imagine saying the show was not great and you feel cheated by a setlist.  Really?  The whole point of this show was to see them up close and personal.  Axl is in better shape than ever and if I had the money I would have scored tix to every one, same setlist or not.  It's GNR playing GNR songs with Axl's voice almost better than it ever was.

Rolling Stone, The New York Times, great reviews...I am so happy for the band to get positive press.

Haha, sorry, but I just wanted to see something different.  If the whole point of this show was to JUST see them up close and personal with the same setlist I probably wouldn't have bought tickets to all three shows.  I realize there are certain songs that will be played every show and I completely accept that.  But come on, Whole Lotta Rosie, Another Brick in the Wall, The Pink Panther.... at least change up the cover songs!  If I hear the same show on Sunday and Wednesday I will be disappointed.  Part of what made me so interested in GNR growing up was that they would break out any song at any time.  I still am dying to hear TWAT live (I missed the first Hammerstein show, but saw the last 3) and I wouldn't mind hearing Prostitute or Scraped, in addition to other UYI songs. 

I think those reviews are written by people who have never seen the band before, and like I said, its something that if I saw it for the first time I would have said it was an incredible show.  But I saw the essentially the same show just 3 months ago. 

By the way, not sure if anyone felt the same way, but I was so hoping to hear Appetite front to back after they played Jungle and Its So Easy.  Would have been so amazing. 
Tyson
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #104 on: February 12, 2012, 01:26:16 AM »

I was there last night and it was beyond awesome.  Not only the best concert I've ever seen, but probably one of the best concerts ever, period!  Anyone that has anything negative to say about the EPIC show last night needs to go F themselves.  Just awesome.  Can't wait for The Ritz on Wednesday. 
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #105 on: February 12, 2012, 01:32:14 AM »

I was there last night and it was beyond awesome.  Not only the best concert I've ever seen, but probably one of the best concerts ever, period!  Anyone that has anything negative to say about the EPIC show last night needs to go F themselves.  Just awesome.  Can't wait for The Ritz on Wednesday. 

LOL ok.... Will you be just as happy seeing the same show Sunday and/or Wednesday?  If so, you need to have your head checked. 
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #106 on: February 12, 2012, 02:40:57 AM »

LOL ok.... Will you be just as happy seeing the same show Sunday and/or Wednesday?  If so, you need to have your head checked. 

Chicago next week will be my 5th time seeing them in 3 months. Yes, do I WISH I'd hear TWAT or Scraped or something else? Of course. Will I be disappointed if I don't? Fuck no. I'm seeing my favorite band on stage. Doesn't matter what they play in the end, seeing them play anything is good enough for me.

Axl is God.
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #107 on: February 12, 2012, 02:47:28 AM »

It was nice having the Vegas reunion front & center like it was. Myself, Cotis, Elias & Troccoli. Was LIguns to the right of Troccoli? If so - hi! I was to liguns right...lol.

You missed me, just admit it, lol. Sorry, I'm just jealous. Smiley

Axl is God.
Tyson
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #108 on: February 12, 2012, 02:52:32 AM »

I would be UTTERY ecstatic to see the EXACT same show next week.  Estranged, Don't Cry, Civil War, Rocket Queen....umm, yeah.  That works for me. 
illusionone
VIP

I never wanted you to be so full of anger. . . .

« Reply #109 on: February 12, 2012, 06:41:38 AM »

Haha, sorry, but I just wanted to see something different.  If the whole point of this show was to JUST see them up close and personal with the same setlist I probably wouldn't have bought tickets to all three shows.  I realize there are certain songs that will be played every show and I completely accept that.  But come on, Whole Lotta Rosie, Another Brick in the Wall, The Pink Panther.... at least change up the cover songs!  If I hear the same show on Sunday and Wednesday I will be disappointed.  Part of what made me so interested in GNR growing up was that they would break out any song at any time.  I still am dying to hear TWAT live (I missed the first Hammerstein show, but saw the last 3) and I wouldn't mind hearing Prostitute or Scraped, in addition to other UYI songs. 

I think those reviews are written by people who have never seen the band before, and like I said, its something that if I saw it for the first time I would have said it was an incredible show.  But I saw the essentially the same show just 3 months ago. 

By the way, not sure if anyone felt the same way, but I was so hoping to hear Appetite front to back after they played Jungle and Its So Easy.  Would have been so amazing. 

I want to preface this by saying that you have every right to your opinion and I can see where you are coming from.  With that said, I have seen them 5 times this year and the  set list was relativly the same with a few changes here or there and it doesn't bother me one bit. I knew when I purchased my ticket and set out to drive 3.5 hours drive today (Terminal 5) that I was going to see the same show but in a smaller venue.  The way I see it is I love seeing them live, regardless of what they are playing. I leave every show saying, "I wish I could do this all the time. It sucks that I only get to do it once in awhile". If I did not have responsibilities at home, I would have bought all three shows, but that is not the case - I have to pick and chose when and how I see the band.  I feel like I have to take everyopportunity because I know there will be a day when they stop touring.

Also, this is not the case for you, but mose people who whine about the set lists are not even going to the shows and sppending the $$, they're reading the set lists on the internet.  And my final thought is concerts are played in different cities and different nights.  They concept is that new people will see the shows and for that they are hearing the set list for the first time.  We are the exception to the rule where we travel to see them play, or are willing to see them mulitpple times in our city if we ahve the opportunity.  Year over year they have changed things up enough like adding UYI songs - Don't Cry, Estranged, Civil War etc . . .

Anyway - my 2 cents

Wake up. . . .time to die
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #110 on: February 12, 2012, 06:53:21 AM »

Heath - yeah you fucker shoulda been here!

And I'm probably in the minority here but I would not want to see Appetite played straight through - the setlsit was perfect and was "not the same show I seen three months ago" (As some are saying - ididotic if ya ask me) I'm almost positive this was the first show ChiDem & The Blues werent played.

Either way, lets get ready to rock tonight. G'night New York, see some of you fuckers later.

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #111 on: February 12, 2012, 09:01:23 AM »

Yeah, who would like to see their favorite band play their favorite songs in an intimate venue night after night?

Roll Eyes

Not surprised you're the only one who's not happy.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #112 on: February 12, 2012, 09:08:32 AM »

Anyone who is unhappy is free to donate tix to Bandita! hihi
Annie
« Reply #113 on: February 12, 2012, 09:20:19 AM »

When I LOVE something I like to see it over and over again. I saw WICKED 17 times, LES MISERABLES 21 times, ROCK OF AGES 6 times. There is always something unique about each performance. I loved the original cast of LES MIZ so much in London that I saw that show 3 times in 1 week! Can't wait for the Chicago show of GNR at HOB!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #114 on: February 12, 2012, 09:21:12 AM »

I was on the rail and only saw one camera guy. He went everywhere. The pit infront of the stage, on the stage, on the side etc. Are you sure you didn't just see the same guy in different places or was it really multiple camera men? I didn't notice any others.

Also, I lol'd when Manitoba told everyone not to throw the football at Axl.

Btw, I overheard one of the security guys telling someone that he was told by the production manager to take tophats and ask people to turn Slash shirts inside out. So I guess that "rumour" wasn't a rumour after all. Still, I believe Axl when he said he never asked anyone to do this. It's probably Productions idea.

Definitely 2 other guys (they were different ethnicities)...but the guy I saw most often was the one who got up on stage during Nov Rain.  The other 2 guys I saw briefly, at other points.  Maybe he just had a couple of friends/assistants who took over when he had to piss, get a drink, whatever.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #115 on: February 12, 2012, 09:25:58 AM »

Anyone got a link to the NY Times review?

I can't find it on the site...

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #116 on: February 12, 2012, 11:28:40 AM »

Not sure what show you guys saw last night,but Rolling Stone just posted one hell of a positive review.

"Say what you will about Axl, when he's onstage he sings his ass off and gives it his all."  -  Andy Greene,Rolling Stone

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/guns-n-roses-kick-off-2012-tour-with-epic-new-york-club-show-20120211

It was positive, but it also played pretty loose with the facts and made plenty of the obligatory "this isn't the old band, sniff, sniff" comments.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #117 on: February 12, 2012, 11:34:45 AM »

It was positive, but it also played pretty loose with the facts and made plenty of the obligatory "this isn't the old band, sniff, sniff" comments.

2012 -> Deep Purple, Credence, Alice Cooper, Ozzy, etc = OLD BAND ??

More Culture Man...

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #118 on: February 12, 2012, 11:44:30 AM »

GUNS N' ROSES Kicks Off Series Of 'Intimate' New York Shows; Video Available - Feb. 11, 2012

GUNS N' ROSES played the first of seven intimate small theatre/club shows and the first of three shows in New York City last night (Friday, February 10) at Roseland Ballroom. According to a review by The New York Times critic Stacey Anderson, "The nearly three-hour show was laden with familiar extravagances: grandiose guitar solos, the band?s aggressively priapic stage presence, [Axl] Rose's multiple costume changes and pliant snake dance. Yet it was a far more streamlined production than past outings; it almost started on time, for one, with nary an onstage tantrum. Mr. Rose remained the sole original member, though the keyboardist Dizzy Reed has hung on since the early 1990s; the backing musicians suggested a giddy, faithful cover act."

The band's setlist was as follows:

01. Welcome To The Jungle
02. It's So Easy
03. Mr. Brownstone
04. Estranged
05. Rocket Queen
06. This I Love
07. Richard Fortus Guitar Solo (James Bond Theme)
08. Live and Let Die (Paul McCartney & Wings cover)
09. Sorry
10. You Could Be Mine
11. Better
12. DJ Ashba Guitar Solo (Ballad of Death)
13. Sweet Child O' Mine
14. Instrumental Jam (Another Brick In The Wall: Part 2)
15. November Rain (with Happy Birthday to Axl Rose)
16. Bumblefoot Guitar Solo (Pink Panther Theme)
17. Whole Lotta Rosie (AC/DC cover)
18. Civil War
19. Knockin' On Heaven's Door (Bob Dylan cover)
20. Nightrain

Encore:

21. Instrumental Jam
22. Madagascar
23. Don't Cry
24. Motivation (Tommy Stinson song) (Tommy Stinson on lead vocals)
25. Instrumental Jam
26. Patience
27. Instrumental Jam
28. Paradise City

Multi-camera video footage of last night's concert can be seen below.

GUNS N' ROSES will perform on Sunday at Terminal 5 and at Webster Hall on Wednesday.

The band in December completed its first U.S. tour since 2006.

In addition to sole original member Axl Rose, the current lineup of GUNS N' ROSES includes guitarists Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal, Richard Fortus and DJ Ashba, bassist Tommy Stinson, keyboardists Dizzy Reed and Chris Pitman and drummer Frank Ferrer.

"Chinese Democracy", the 2008 album released by the current edition of GUNS N' ROSES after a 15-year wait, was officially certified platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) on February 3, 2009 for shipments in the United States in excess of one million copies. The long-in-the-making, 14-song CD finally arrived 17 years after the last full-length collections of original GUNS material, "Use Your Illusion I" and "II", were released, and nine years after the non-album track "Oh My God" surfaced on the soundtrack of the movie "End Of Days".

"Chinese Democracy" was made available exclusively through Best Buy.

The original five-piece group, along with drummer Matt Sorum and keyboardist Dizzy Reed, will be inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame in Cleveland on April 14.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=169618

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #119 on: February 12, 2012, 12:09:38 PM »

Yeah, who would like to see their favorite band play their favorite songs in an intimate venue night after night?

Roll Eyes

Not surprised you're the only one who's not happy.

/jarmo

This.

How could someone miss that the point of the "Guns N' Roses-Up Close & Personal Tour" was to see Guns N' Roses perform their songs up close and personal?

The tour isn't called "Guns N' Roses-Up Close & Personal (Including news songs, re-workings of old songs and a lot of things changed so that no one feels cheated)"

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: