Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 01:36:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  2/12 - New York City, New York @ Terminal 5
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2/12 - New York City, New York @ Terminal 5  (Read 23930 times)
troccoli
VIP

Please allow me to introduce myself

« Reply #80 on: February 13, 2012, 04:36:00 AM »

Another fantastic intimate show.  And yes they did vary up the setlist as compared with Roseland for those that care.  Met some more cool fans and kept the Vegas reunion going with Cotis, Redman, etc.  And met another fellow board member - great meeting you sexkitten.  As for the security I don't know where I stand.  They were cool guys to talk with and all, and they got us water, but man they really enforced the no photos/videos thing hard.  Which is cool and all (it's their job and i's nice for once to see people really experiencing the show live instead of trying to record it) but my one problem is I saw the security guys themselves taking photos and videos!!!  However I think the 2 guys I was talking with are fans so...

All I need is some clarity and someone to tell me WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!!!! GOD DAMN IT!!!!
Kiki
The Clog Lady
Legend

And for the finishing touch, God created the Dutch

« Reply #81 on: February 13, 2012, 07:06:59 AM »

It's So Easy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPhIwnOjAaA&context=C30a5978ADOEgsToPDskK9W500RfMyBEdAtv-_ArmK

Welcome To The Jungle:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9zyB1a7-8v8#

Unless your a hemmerhoid, get off my ass!
Kiki
The Clog Lady
Legend

And for the finishing touch, God created the Dutch

« Reply #82 on: February 13, 2012, 07:57:06 AM »

Mr. Brownstone:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SmAPIMdKac&feature=player_embedded

LALD:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNMDh1QwC14

Unless your a hemmerhoid, get off my ass!
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #83 on: February 13, 2012, 08:11:12 AM »

Security was throwing people out for filming and/or taking pictures.  I know this may not make sense being a positive, but it is frustrating at times when you are trying to watch the stage and you can't see it because a bunch of people have cameras blocking your view.

I agree. But was guilty o' being a "camera guy" at the Roseland Show.. I was totally caught up in the moment n' was taking pics like a 12 year old at a Taylor Swift show.
music89
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #84 on: February 13, 2012, 09:06:31 AM »

almost the same exact setlist as Roseland, but in a different order, they took out civil war in place of 2 Chinese Democracy songs. Sucks they took out Civil War, but kinda cool they added more new songs.
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #85 on: February 13, 2012, 09:14:38 AM »

Terminal 5 is a pretty cool looking ckub..Reminds me of the AC/DS Thunderstruck video..I've been there for Slash n' Alice in Chains..
axlpwns
Rocker

« Reply #86 on: February 13, 2012, 10:26:57 AM »

Just an incredible show

11/17/2011 East Rutherford, NJ- IZOD Center
11/19/2011 Hartford, CT- Comcast Theatre
2/12/2012 New York, NY- Terminal 5
CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #87 on: February 13, 2012, 04:08:45 PM »

I had horrible sound from where I was. Guitars sounded horribly mixed and Axl was either really loud or not even audible. Still a great show but that venue sucks and so does the sound. Roseland Ballroom was way better.

Broski
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #88 on: February 13, 2012, 04:46:58 PM »

I had horrible sound from where I was. Guitars sounded horribly mixed and Axl was either really loud or not even audible. Still a great show but that venue sucks and so does the sound. Roseland Ballroom was way better.

yeah thats the venue.  It is easily the worst in NYC.  I enjoyed the show last night but it takes a band I REALLY like to get me to go to Terminal 5.
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #89 on: February 13, 2012, 05:49:20 PM »

yeah thats the venue.  It is easily the worst in NYC.  I enjoyed the show last night but it takes a band I REALLY like to get me to go to Terminal 5.

I have been there when it was packed like with GNR last night and Slash last year and when its been about half full when I saw Hatebreed about four years ago and a Black Eyed Peas MTV special last year (please don't ask).  Its a lot more fun and easier to hear the show when you are able to move around at will and not worry about losing your spot. 

I do believe there are dead spots where its very difficult to hear in the venue like with any club in NYC.  From where I was standing it sounded pretty clear except for the feedback through the stage monitors every now and again. 
axlpwns
Rocker

« Reply #90 on: February 13, 2012, 06:04:24 PM »

I heard some problems with the guitars but it seemed that whenever Axl was singing centerstage he would get so much feedback and i could tell he wasn't really happy about it but the band pulled through and everyone sounded incredible and it was just a great show all around.

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #91 on: February 14, 2012, 12:31:02 AM »

It?s so easy for Guns n? Roses at Terminal 5

Guns n? Roses played the second of three New York City club concerts last night at Terminal 5, once again delivering an epic, yet intimate offering of both classic and new Gn?R hits for a few thousand enthusiastic fans.

Following Friday night?s killer Roseland Ballroom performance (read my review of that show here), there was no doubt that show #2 of the Fashion Week concert series would be another spectacular, 20+ song extravaganza. Fans lined up outside Terminal 5 practically down to the West Side Highway as venue security performed exhaustive, TSA-style security checks, and forced anyone with a camera to leave it at coat check in a surprisingly strict and unexpected move. ?If you have a problem with this policy, please just call up Axl to get permission? the wise-ass venue rep told unhappy fans waiting on line.

Inside, the crowd filled the various floors, railings, and bars that make up the sprawling, triple level T5. The venue?s capacity is listed around 3,000, and while the show was technically sold out, scalpers trying to dump tickets outside for half of the $90 face value made it apparent that a late Sunday night show is simply not ideal for the average New Yorker. Nonetheless, the couple of thousand fans who did turn out milled about enthusiastically as even as it quickly grew stifling hot inside the former nightclub.

The lights dimmed at 11:30 pm, in what has become known as SAT (Standard Axl Time). For those of us who?d been at Roseland two nights prior, the opening notes of Chinese Democracy were a happy surprise, ensuring that the night?s setlist would be at least slightly different from Friday night?s show. Chinese Democracy led right into sports arena stalwart Welcome to the Jungle, and for anyone who?d been in doubt, the 21st century version of Guns n? f*ckin? Roses was once again on stage and ready to kick ass.

The transition from arena show to club venue is not one particularly well-suited towards Axl?s production extravaganza, but even without towering pyrotechnics like at November?s Izod Center show (my review here), the band?s furious energy dominated the floor and upper levels of Terminal 5. Fans jostled about as they sang along to old school classics like It?s So Easy and Mr. Brownstone, and like on Friday night, greeted the intense Estranged with excited cheers and clearly vibed with Axl and the band on the emotional ballad.

Despite his loner?s reputation, the sunglasses and fedora-sporting Axl seemed happy as could be as he danced around the stage, bellowing into his red microphone and waving to fans lined along the upper level walkways. The sound was a little iffy early on in the night, and unlike Friday night?s flawless tone, Axl seemed to struggle a bit with his signature howling screams during Live and Let Die. Nonetheless, between the band?s thick rhythms, blazing solos shared by guitarists D.J. Ashba, Richard Fortus, and the bearded, doubleneck guitar-wielding Bumblefoot, and the simply timeless nature of the classic songs, virtually every fan in attendance gleefully rocked out to a setlist packed to capacity with hits.

Chinese Democracy track Street of Dreams replaced Civil War in the only other significant change from Friday night?s setlist, but when You Could Be Mine and then Sweet Child O? Mine were followed by November Rain, Knockin? On Heaven?s Door, and Nightrain, it?s hard to complain about the song selection. The piano-led, rock guitar-climaxing November Rain by itself is one of the most exquisite live performances any rock fan can experience, and the female voices in the crowd may have just out-powered the guys on Sweet Child O? Mine, a tune that?s arguably contributed to more late-night bar hookups than any other song in existence.

Each guitarist got their own chance to shine, with Ashba jamming out on his self-penned Ballad of Death, Fortus shredding through a take on the James Bond theme, and Bumblefoot adding some crunch to the iconic music from the Pink Panther (read my November interview with Bumblefoot here). Keyboardist Dizzy Reed took the crowd through an instrumental Baba O?Riley, and bassist Tommy Stinson also sang lead vocals on his own punk song Motivation, giving Axl one of several breaks to change hats and leather jackets (it is Fashion Week, after all). Say what you will about Axl?s hired musicians and the modern day Guns n? Roses, but the quality, energy, and sheer impact of the night?s music and musicians definitively surpassed Slash?s own September 2010 Terminal 5 performance, even on many of the same songs (read my review of Slash?s concert here).

The night began wrapping up around 2am, with a six song encore performance that included two more Chinese Democracy tracks, a cover of AC/DC?s Whole Lotta Rosie, and an enthusiastically received Don?t Cry. Standard show-closers Patience and Paradise City finished up the night with blasts of confetti showering through the air and a mad scramble on the floor as a grinning Axl chucked his microphone into the center of the crowd for one lucky fan to take home.

Sunday night?s show didn?t quite live up to the insanely high bar set at Roseland Friday night, as Axl?s voice occasionally washed out in the heavy mix of guitars and keyboards, and the additional Chinese Democracy songs didn?t receive the same kind of warm response as the classic material. But unlike Roseland, the more spacious and less heavily sold-out T5 allowed fans to push up much closer to the stage, especially later in the night as the crowd began to thin after the 1am hour, for what may very well be a once-in-a-lifetime chance to be within spitting range of one of rock n? roll?s most iconic frontmen.

Like the November arena tour and the Roseland show, no particularly deep cuts appeared in the setlist, with the Use Your Illusion albums represented only by the major singles and cover songs. But Guns n? Roses, no matter which iteration, simply doesn?t write bad songs, and every single fan in attendance last night left with broad smiles on their faces and almost 3 hours of earsplitting rock n? roll in their heads.

It?s clear that after some 14 years of silence, Axl Rose has finally got his game back together, and is determined to continue performing at the absolute highest level of rock stardom. The band?s final NYC show is this Wednesday at Webster Hall, and as the smallest venue yet, as well as the site of the famous 1988 Live At The Ritz live recording, it?s likely to be the most packed and intense concert of the tour. Tickets are sold out, but can be purchased at a markup via Stubhub or Craigslist.

http://www.examiner.com/hard-rock-music-in-new-york/it-s-so-easy-for-guns-n-roses-at-terminal-5-review?cid=PROD-redesign-right-next

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #92 on: February 14, 2012, 09:29:56 PM »

I like that Axl did his piano solo at this show unlike Friday when he went right into NR. It was the first time I've heard Gran Torino.

Broski
axlpwns
Rocker

« Reply #93 on: March 30, 2012, 04:04:24 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AVzug3wTMA&list=UUTYRrGUmYJUmuo8zvqrdANA&index=1&feature=plcp found this yesterday what a show!  peace

GNRMTL
Headliner

« Reply #94 on: April 18, 2012, 11:08:22 AM »

Rocket Queen terminal 5 multi-cam the band is on fire and frank is a beast on the drums.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM-eD7ldcvY&hd=1

Miami 92
Montreal 92
Toronto 02
4 nights at the Hammerstein
Ottowa 06
Montreal 10
Hiro 12
Miami Filmore 12
Montreal 13
New Jersey 16
Montreal 17
Boromir
VIP

« Reply #95 on: April 18, 2012, 11:15:48 AM »

Yeah  ok

But if we'd made a new thread for whatever we had to say it would be a mess  Smiley

Keep Calm and Listen to Guns N' Roses!
GNRMTL
Headliner

« Reply #96 on: April 18, 2012, 11:19:07 AM »

This is true...........

Miami 92
Montreal 92
Toronto 02
4 nights at the Hammerstein
Ottowa 06
Montreal 10
Hiro 12
Miami Filmore 12
Montreal 13
New Jersey 16
Montreal 17
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #97 on: April 18, 2012, 11:23:54 AM »

Rocket Queen terminal 5 multi-cam the band is on fire and frank is a beast on the drums.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM-eD7ldcvY&hd=1

Yes... Exist This DVD Multicam

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
3STRANG3D
Headliner

Nothing UnReal Just human

« Reply #98 on: April 18, 2012, 11:26:00 AM »

Hey thanks for posting this! I haven't spent so much time knowing the current members because of personal reasons so all the topics are really helping!

Vocals & especially leads need to be higher in volume compare to the rest instruments or is it just me? Maybe it just utube.

& I have just realized that I have done a really huge mistake: I bought tickets for the upper section & not the pit, like the good fuckin' granny I have become....  

"There goes mama, spwashin in the wa-ta! no more fightin wit dad! no more restraining order! no more step-da-da! no more new brother! blow her kisses bye-bye! Say mommy you love her! " Eminem BITCH!!!
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #99 on: April 18, 2012, 11:31:22 AM »

Vocals & especially leads need to be higher in volume compare to the rest instruments or is it just me? Maybe it just utube.

At Terminal 5, Axl was having issues with kickback/reverb/whatever that is called and wasn't very happy... believe a few times he said "someone needs to fix this!" throughout the show.

In the front where I was I know there were a few issues with sound not being able to hear Axl, and then when I did it was double (hearing Axl then his echo).
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: