Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:04:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  What would YOU do??
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: What would YOU do??  (Read 6410 times)
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« on: February 14, 2012, 11:04:18 AM »

So, as we all know, Gn'R is doing a little club tour now. When it was announced, out of respect, I ASKED my girlfriend is she would be OK with my flying to Chicago to see a show. It was OK. I bought my VIP gold ticket, bought my plane ticket, I'm all set. This morning she goes, "If you really love me, you won't go to Chicago, I need you to prove that I'm important to you." Then, later, she emailed and said basically it's our relationship or this concert.

FUCK THAT. There is NO WAY IN HELL I'm not going.  On New Years when I was partying with the band she tried to start shit. Then I told her if she can't see how this is basically my dream come true and how important that was to me, then we obviously have a problem. I said I'll leave when Axl leaves. I got the dudes autograph tattooed on my arm for fucks sake. Last week when I was at Motley Crue, (which BTW she was supposed to come, but decided not to 10 minutes be for the show started) she kept texting and calling and ruined the whole night (I was pissed, but I wasn't heartbroken, it was only Motley, lol) I'm so pissed off right now.

Axl is God.
Goddamn_Electric
Rocker

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 01:15:17 PM »

Personally, it sounds like this chick is playing major mind games.

You asked her, and she said - Yeah, go ahead and go - have fun.

My answer to her would be - and if my girlfriend pulls this shit this weekend WILL be - Look bitch, you TOLD ME to spend MONEY on this and that it was OK WITH YOU if I go.  I'm going.  You decide what You need to do.

Sucks to perhaps lose a relationship over a concert, but who in their right mind would tell you to spend a shitload of money - and after it's been spent, tell you not to go??

11/17/02 Mark of the Quad Cities
11/27/06 Rosemont Horizon
2/19/2012 House of Blues Chicago
7/1/2016 Soldier Field Chicago
7/3/2016 Soldier Field Chicago
10/13/2019 Exit 111 Festival
axlrosegnr
Legend

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 01:16:57 PM »

Oh I already made my mind up, I didn't even hesitate. I was just looking for others opinions. I'll BE in Chicago. That's a fact. Smiley

Axl is God.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 01:51:42 PM »

Nobody should engage in emotional blackmail.  It's immature, petty, and, quite frankly, it's not what I'd want in my significant other.  I don't let my 9 year old get away with it...I sure wouldn't let an ADULT, who is supposed to love me (and know better) get away with it.

I'd tell her:

"Look, you told me to go.  I spent the money to go.  I'm going.  You should honor your promise to me.  It's not like I'm just springing this on you, out of the blue.  If you can't do that, and if you're going to base the status of our relationship on something as minor as me traveling to see a concert...I guess that says all it needs to about our relationship....and you can feel free to lose my number."

Be very clear:  It's not THE BAND that's more important than she is.  It's her PROMISE to you, and her initial permission, that's the problem, here....as well as the fact she's trying to blackmail you into not going with her "it's the concert or me" ultimatum.  NOBODY, without VERY good reason (her dad died, she's having major surgery, something rational like that), who cares about another person should treat them that way.

I don't know about you, but I don't tend to respond well to ultimatums of any kind.  They pretty much end further discussion.  But that's just me.

All that being said: You fucking go.  Ignore the tears, ignore the tantrums, ignore all of her attempts at manipulation....pack your bags, get on the plane, and have a good time.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 01:57:01 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 04:17:12 PM »

Ditch her and rock out with G'n'F'n'R's!!!!!!......PERIOD.  hihi

If she's making you choose between her and something that is your life, and means the world to you. Then you don't need to be in a relationship with her, simple as......

I'd finish with my girlfriend in a heartbeat, if she felt like she had to make me choose to prove a point.  ok
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 11:34:40 PM »

Aren't u guys having Twins bro?

Sometimes, u gotta think about your priorities.

Pregnant women have tons of hormone changes.. she prob has all sorts of irrational fears and worries.....

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2012, 05:49:03 PM »

I wouldn't ask for her permission in the first place.
axlrosegnr
Legend

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2012, 07:11:04 PM »

Well, I went to Chicago. I had a blast!!! Now, L.A.  hahahaha. I REALLY can't afford it. But I can't have Gn'R play a show under a 5 hour drive away and me NOT be there. And yes, CheapJon, I do agree, but I was just trying to be respectful. lol.

Axl is God.
CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2012, 09:06:17 PM »

Did she break up with you?

Broski
axlrosegnr
Legend

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2012, 12:31:52 PM »

Yep, and again this morning. I told her I'm tired. I can't do it anymore. I've been in a pissy mood for a year, and then for her to try take away the one thing I do have a true passion about still, (Gn'R) that it just can't happen with us. I'll never be the person she wants me to be, and she'll never be the person I want her to be. You can't change someone. See you all in L.A.

Axl is God.
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2012, 07:13:11 PM »

Yep, and again this morning. I told her I'm tired. I can't do it anymore. I've been in a pissy mood for a year, and then for her to try take away the one thing I do have a true passion about still, (Gn'R) that it just can't happen with us. I'll never be the person she wants me to be, and she'll never be the person I want her to be. You can't change someone. See you all in L.A.

I don't blame you...

I know obviously none of us know the situation on a personal level. But if she is trying to make you choose between something you love with all your heart, and her..... she is obviously trying to make you choose to justify her deluded insecurities about your relationship.

You need to take charge, and tell her how it is...... no one will make me choose between GN'R and them, because they know what the outcome will be.  Wink
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2012, 07:18:18 PM »

I applaud you!
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2012, 10:27:12 PM »

This guy likes soap operas.

Go watch 'Days of Our Lives' or 'General Hospital'.
CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2012, 12:08:34 AM »

wut

Broski
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2012, 06:34:59 AM »

wut
oh, I'm sure cotis didn't mean to offend you. I'll fix it for him.  ok

This girl likes soap operas.

Go watch 'Days of Our Lives' or 'General Hospital'.

fixed bow
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2012, 05:19:09 PM »

Thanks Sheep Yawn!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2012, 10:20:13 PM »

So what about the twins?

no one seems to see that post.

axlrosegnr
Legend

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2012, 11:22:15 PM »

So what about the twins?

no one seems to see that post.

The twins are doing great! Thanks for asking. (I'm actually more excited for them than anything I've ever been. I can't wait!)

Axl is God.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2012, 11:27:32 PM »

Just sayin... if she is being a pain in the ass cause of them, maybe u should cut her some slack.

axlrosegnr
Legend

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2012, 10:26:22 AM »

Just sayin... if she is being a pain in the ass cause of them, maybe u should cut her some slack.

I know what you're saying, and I've taken that into consideration, but she was like this well before she was pregnant as well. Long story. But, today is Guns N' Roses day. Again. Smiley  peace

Axl is God.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: