Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:01:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Ref: Witchwood School of Rock/Anti Bullying Rock Musical
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ref: Witchwood School of Rock/Anti Bullying Rock Musical  (Read 2719 times)
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« on: April 23, 2012, 07:30:19 AM »

Hi all.

You may or may not have seen back in 2010 that Ron & Frank came to our rock school in Oxford England.

Well the same team that runs rock school have written a rock musical called Stand Tall that is aimed at stopping bullying! It opened in London last year for a few weeks. This show has been asked to perform in New York frigging City!!! This it totally beyond our wildest dreams and it will spread a very powerful message as well as some damn good rock music!!

Bumblefoot has very kindly talked about the musical and its need for fundraising on his facebook and twitter

Bumblefoot - Students at the Witchwood School Of Rock (Witney UK) were invited to perform their anti-bullying rock musical in NYC in July, they're seeking funding to help get 'em there

We would be honoured if all you gunners around the world could make this show happen and at the same time say you did your bit to end bullying!! We are embarking on a campaign to get people to donate just one solitary pound to the cause and if we raise 35,000 pounds then we are going to New York baby!!!

Kind of ironic that we have been given this opportunity at the same time DJ has talked openly about being bullied! Its shocking and should never happen! Please help us do our bit to end it!

You can donate ?1 by following this link. http://www.standtallmusical.co.uk/index.php/news.html

We would be eternally grateful to you all if you could do this!

If any of you are in NY in July please come and see the show - Its on at 45th Street Theatre at 354 West 45th Street, New York, NY 10036 between Thursday July 19th &                                                                                                                                  Sunday July 29!

Jarmo I hope this is cool to post!

Mike

destry rides again
Global Moderator
Rocker

to find my wooden leg

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 03:41:49 PM »

This is really cool.

I know there are a lot of places out there looking for donations, but folks, this one is asking for only 1pound. I'm american, so that's like a dollar fifty.

Not a lot to give to for a good cause, and for an opportunity to give these young people something amazing that will impact their lives forever.

*Not saying HTGTH supports this, or that Jarmo does. I'm just saying I gave a dollar fifty from NJ, and if you've got a dollar fifty, you should at least give it a thought.

04/16/93 11/27/02 12/05/02 12/06/02x 05/12/06 05/15/06 05/17/06 11/05/06 11/10/06 11/13/06 02/11/10 11/17/11 11/19/11 11/20/11 11/26/11 02/10/12 02/12/12 2/15/12 2/24/12 2/27/12 6/5/13 6/6/13
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 04:56:48 PM »

I think it is a great cause   Cheesy

Because the subject is bullying, you should approach locals schools to do sponsored acitivities. It is a good way of raising funds.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 07:20:03 PM »

Great cause and good luck!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 05:18:58 AM »

This is really cool.

I know there are a lot of places out there looking for donations, but folks, this one is asking for only 1pound. I'm american, so that's like a dollar fifty.

Not a lot to give to for a good cause, and for an opportunity to give these young people something amazing that will impact their lives forever.

*Not saying HTGTH supports this, or that Jarmo does. I'm just saying I gave a dollar fifty from NJ, and if you've got a dollar fifty, you should at least give it a thought.

Cheers man, much appreciated!! Please spread the word it would mean so much!!

Mike

a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2012, 05:20:20 AM »

I think it is a great cause   Cheesy

Because the subject is bullying, you should approach locals schools to do sponsored acitivities. It is a good way of raising funds.

Cheers Mysteron! Kind words. Yeh we are trying to do events at our local schools!! We have to get this show to NY City!!  Please spread the word!!

a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2012, 05:22:02 AM »

Great cause and good luck!

/jarmo

Cheers Jarmo! Much appreciated. Please spread the word. I want this to be a worldwide effort to get our show with its powerful message to NY City!!

P.S Are you over in May for the shows? Would be cool to catch up!

Mike

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2012, 08:47:24 AM »

See you in a few weeks. Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: