Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:58:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Tommy Stinson - March & April 2012 shows plus new project
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tommy Stinson - March & April 2012 shows plus new project  (Read 9154 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« on: February 15, 2012, 11:47:35 AM »

http://tommystinson.com/shows/

SXSW 2012 shows in March plus East Coast shows in April!

Also, check out this page about a project Tommy's working on:

kickstarter.com/projects/krisperry/machines

Click on "updates" and you'll see footage of Tommy jamming with the machines and smashing a guitar!

Thanks Ben! Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
MNGS717
Rocker

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 06:51:24 PM »

Will be cool to see Tommy&band in Harrisburg,PA April 14th!  The Spy Club is small but great to see shows, nice and loud in the barroom basement!  I go there anytime they have punk&rocknroll shows.  The stage is only about 8 inches high so it really is #UCAP..ha! 

12/6/02 Philly
11/20/11 Wilkes-Barre,PA
2/23/12 Silver Spring, MD
5/13/14 Bethlehem,PA
6/26/16 Landover,Md
7/14/16 Philly
8/13/17 Hershey
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 01:32:37 PM »

tommy is always amazing Tongue

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
Rocket Killer
Rocker

Kill Rock & Roll

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 04:48:20 PM »

I'm going to the VA show can't fuckin wait!. I'll be at dogfish head ale house drinking some brews before the show  beer

Baltimore, Maryland (11/13/2006)
Silver Spring, Maryland (02/23/2012)
Landover, Maryland (06/23/2016)
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 06:47:58 PM »

Just got tix for Harrisburg can't wait to see Tommy!

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 07:40:35 PM »

I may end up making it to a few of these gigs. I've seen Tommy grace a stage thirteen times since May & can't ever be disappointed with his shows. If y'all are lucky he'll hang around after the gig.

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
MNGS717
Rocker

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2012, 10:59:39 AM »

Tommy is playing one hour from now, 12 noon ET, tune in here:

http://xpn.org/concerts-events/free-at-noon

12/6/02 Philly
11/20/11 Wilkes-Barre,PA
5/13/14 Bethlehem,PA
6/26/16 Landover,Md
7/14/16 Philly
8/13/17 Hershey
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2012, 12:12:32 PM »

Tommy is playing one hour from now, 12 noon ET, tune in here:

http://xpn.org/concerts-events/free-at-noon

Can i really tune in or no?

EDIT: got it!

http://www.xpn.org/player/player.php?LiveStreamGUID=77af76dd-cb65-4dee-a8a9-bcb747cb4aa2CategoryGUID=c747c304-8a34-4649-8b76-05462b8923d
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 12:14:22 PM by Loaded NightraiN » Logged
Leddy
Rocker

Asphinctersayswhat?

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2012, 12:20:25 PM »

Listening now - it's VERY cool  Cool
MNGS717
Rocker

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2012, 12:44:11 PM »

Listening now - it's VERY cool  Cool

It really is!  Hope to see more shows, on the side. Smiley  Someone asked Tommy during the show,"Where you playing tonight, Tommy?"  he answers, "LA".     

12/6/02 Philly
11/20/11 Wilkes-Barre,PA
5/13/14 Bethlehem,PA
6/26/16 Landover,Md
7/14/16 Philly
8/13/17 Hershey
efish
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2012, 03:16:27 PM »

Damn missed it! If anyone recorded it pleeeeeease post a link.
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2012, 07:53:22 PM »

Damn missed it! If anyone recorded it pleeeeeease post a link.

Think NPR archived it.

Setlist,
It's A Drag, Meant To Be, All This Way For Nothing, Destroy Me,  Zero To Stupid, Match Made In Hell, Never Aim To Please, Friday Night Is Killing Me.

Band;
Tommy Stinson, Emily Jane Roberts-Stinson, Jon Phillip, Tim Schweiger, and probably Pete Donnely or Mike Gent.

Don't forget to check out Tim'S solo album "The Big Let Down" and Jon's current band Trapper Schoepps & The Shades. The Shades just won Milwaukee album of the year.

efish
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2012, 08:04:13 PM »

Good call buddy - fuck yeah!!!!
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2012, 08:13:31 PM »

"Benny, I broke a string"

40oz
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2012, 02:39:40 PM »

So Tommy won't be at the RnR HOF ceremony then.  Time to rule out the current GnR playing. 
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2012, 05:43:00 PM »

Guns N? Roses? Tommy Stinson kicks off Haiti benefit tour in his own Hudson on April 10

April 9, 2012

Tommy Stinson has been around the world countless times, tearing the roof off clubs and concert halls for most of his life ? most famously as an original member of the Replacements and, for the past 14 years, as the bass guitarist for Guns N? Roses. Stinson is also fresh off the release of his latest solo album, and he?s kicking off a brief tour at Club Helsinki in Hudson next week as a benefit concert for children in Haiti.

Stinson, who grew up in Minneapolis before finding his way to Hudson later in life, joked that he has been playing music for so long that ?It?s pretty much all I?ve known and all I?ve got, besides my family and friends.? That?s an oversimplification, of course. He has also got Timkatec, a trade school in Port-au-Prince, Haiti. Timkatec was founded in 1994 with the goal of teaching young orphaned and destitute children a trade so that they have a chance to go out and make a difference in their communities. Like much of Haiti, Timkatec was devastated by the massive earthquake that hit in January 2010.

Like many people around the world, Stinson was moved to do something to help in the wake of the earthquake. He had previously donated money to the Red Cross after Hurricane Katrina, but was disappointed by stories of mismanagement of monies. This time around, Stinson said, he wanted to make a more profound difference.

?I had to try to find a way to help both financially and emotionally to do something of real value,? Stinson said. ?I got hold of a friend of mine who knew a guy who knew a guy who ran a school in Haiti. Through making those contacts, I went down to Haiti two summers ago and went to the school and met Father Simon, saw a class graduate and hung out and decided that it was something I was into and got involved.?

Stinson raised over $40,000 through an online auction, with the proceeds going toward building a third floor on one of the school?s buildings and helping to house an additional 50 students. But now those same kids and others are nearing graduation, and Stinson is hoping to raise between $15,000 and $20,000 for toolkits.

?We?re looking to get toolkits for the graduating class, so they can go out in their communities and help in the rebuilding process,? Stinson said. ?What we figured out is two things: that they need tools and they need job placement. We?re also trying to get companies to take some of these kids on so they can get in the trenches. We?re not being myopic about this. It?s something we have to look in the long term for.?

Stinson said that the education that the kids are receiving at Timkatec is invaluable to their future. ?As a high school dropout myself, I know one thing: Education is the key,? he said. ?If you have the education and you have tools, you?re that much better to help in any capacity. These kids come out of the school, they?re very proud and very grateful to Father Simon for the work he?s done for them. And I?m not Catholic and I?m not religious in any way.?

?This is the only time I?ve got between now and the next Guns N? Roses tour, which starts in the beginning of May in Moscow,? Stinson said of his short tour: five straight dates that go from Hudson to Boston before stopping off in Brooklyn, Vienna, Virginia and Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. ?I decided to start my tour with this particular date because it?s going to make me happy to do something in service.?

Stinson said that moving centerstage after playing bass for so many years isn?t as different as it might seem on the surface. ?Obviously with me singing and playing guitar, I?ve got to do a little more work at 45 years old to get myself in gear,? he said. ?But as far as working with people and getting the job done, it hasn?t really changed much.?

But while Stinson enjoys fronting his own band, don?t expect it to become a full-time gig anytime soon. ?It?s cool to get out and play my own material, and I would like to do more of it,? Stinson said. ?It?s just that, you know what they say: If you have a good job, why change? I don?t know how long Guns N? Roses will be in the picture for me, necessarily. But as long as they?ll have me and we?re all having fun and making music we want to make, I think it will probably be a staple for me for a while.?

Stinson?s five-date jaunt officially kicks off with the Rock ?n? Roll Benefit for the Tools for Timkatec Program at Club Helsinki in Hudson this Tuesday, April 10 at 9 p.m. The show will also feature Elvis Perkins, Trapper Schoepp and ?surprise special guests,? and will include a silent auction. Stinson, who is also a current member of Soul Asylum, will showcase songs from his terrific solo album, One Man Mutiny, released on his own Done to Death label in 2011. For more information, visit www.tommystinson.com and www.helsinkihudson.com.

http://www.hudsonvalleyalmanacweekly.com/2012/04/09/guns-n-roses-tommy-stinson-kicks-off-haiti-benefit-tour-in-his-own-hudson-on-april-10/

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
MNGS717
Rocker

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2012, 08:53:25 PM »

New Tommy article today from the local paper.  Still tix left for the show this Saturday in Harrisburg,Pa.  My friends band THE LINE will be opening.  It's a nice little basement dive bar, perfect for bands.  There is a large public parking garage next door that I recommend if you are not familiar with the area.  Otherwise be safe and stay as close to 2nd St as possible, even though that is no guarantee, just be careful.  Think I'll dig out my Kronk Bones shirt, hope to see some of you there, say hi! -JOE MNGS717

http://blog.pennlive.com/go/2012/04/guns_n_roses_replacements_bass.html

For those who have FB:
http://www.facebook.com/events/286899191376896/

« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 09:06:25 PM by MNGS717 » Logged

12/6/02 Philly
11/20/11 Wilkes-Barre,PA
5/13/14 Bethlehem,PA
6/26/16 Landover,Md
7/14/16 Philly
8/13/17 Hershey
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2012, 09:03:11 PM »

Ill probably be at the April 15th show here in Brooklyn at Union Hall!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
MNGS717
Rocker

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2012, 12:52:37 AM »

Very nice to see Tommy and his family/friends in Harrisburg,PA!!  Cool show, he played for around one hour and then hung out for photos afterwards.  He signed my CD record and his new 7".

I don't know the name of the first song but I recorded a couple songs for Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON-FTMW3qFU

Untitled by MNGS717, on Flickr

@tommystinson via Twitter: "Check out harrisburg pa last nite" April 15

12/6/02 Philly
11/20/11 Wilkes-Barre,PA
5/13/14 Bethlehem,PA
6/26/16 Landover,Md
7/14/16 Philly
8/13/17 Hershey
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2012, 05:37:45 PM »

Guns N? Roses? Tommy Stinson kicks off Haiti benefit tour in his own Hudson on April 10

April 9, 2012

Tommy Stinson has been around the world countless times, tearing the roof off clubs and concert halls for most of his life ? most famously as an original member of the Replacements and, for the past 14 years, as the bass guitarist for Guns N? Roses. Stinson is also fresh off the release of his latest solo album, and he?s kicking off a brief tour at Club Helsinki in Hudson next week as a benefit concert for children in Haiti.

Stinson, who grew up in Minneapolis before finding his way to Hudson later in life, joked that he has been playing music for so long that ?It?s pretty much all I?ve known and all I?ve got, besides my family and friends.? That?s an oversimplification, of course. He has also got Timkatec, a trade school in Port-au-Prince, Haiti. Timkatec was founded in 1994 with the goal of teaching young orphaned and destitute children a trade so that they have a chance to go out and make a difference in their communities. Like much of Haiti, Timkatec was devastated by the massive earthquake that hit in January 2010.

Like many people around the world, Stinson was moved to do something to help in the wake of the earthquake. He had previously donated money to the Red Cross after Hurricane Katrina, but was disappointed by stories of mismanagement of monies. This time around, Stinson said, he wanted to make a more profound difference.

?I had to try to find a way to help both financially and emotionally to do something of real value,? Stinson said. ?I got hold of a friend of mine who knew a guy who knew a guy who ran a school in Haiti. Through making those contacts, I went down to Haiti two summers ago and went to the school and met Father Simon, saw a class graduate and hung out and decided that it was something I was into and got involved.?

Stinson raised over $40,000 through an online auction, with the proceeds going toward building a third floor on one of the school?s buildings and helping to house an additional 50 students. But now those same kids and others are nearing graduation, and Stinson is hoping to raise between $15,000 and $20,000 for toolkits.

?We?re looking to get toolkits for the graduating class, so they can go out in their communities and help in the rebuilding process,? Stinson said. ?What we figured out is two things: that they need tools and they need job placement. We?re also trying to get companies to take some of these kids on so they can get in the trenches. We?re not being myopic about this. It?s something we have to look in the long term for.?

Stinson said that the education that the kids are receiving at Timkatec is invaluable to their future. ?As a high school dropout myself, I know one thing: Education is the key,? he said. ?If you have the education and you have tools, you?re that much better to help in any capacity. These kids come out of the school, they?re very proud and very grateful to Father Simon for the work he?s done for them. And I?m not Catholic and I?m not religious in any way.?

?This is the only time I?ve got between now and the next Guns N? Roses tour, which starts in the beginning of May in Moscow,? Stinson said of his short tour: five straight dates that go from Hudson to Boston before stopping off in Brooklyn, Vienna, Virginia and Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. ?I decided to start my tour with this particular date because it?s going to make me happy to do something in service.?

Stinson said that moving centerstage after playing bass for so many years isn?t as different as it might seem on the surface. ?Obviously with me singing and playing guitar, I?ve got to do a little more work at 45 years old to get myself in gear,? he said. ?But as far as working with people and getting the job done, it hasn?t really changed much.?

But while Stinson enjoys fronting his own band, don?t expect it to become a full-time gig anytime soon. ?It?s cool to get out and play my own material, and I would like to do more of it,? Stinson said. ?It?s just that, you know what they say: If you have a good job, why change? I don?t know how long Guns N? Roses will be in the picture for me, necessarily. But as long as they?ll have me and we?re all having fun and making music we want to make, I think it will probably be a staple for me for a while.?

Stinson?s five-date jaunt officially kicks off with the Rock ?n? Roll Benefit for the Tools for Timkatec Program at Club Helsinki in Hudson this Tuesday, April 10 at 9 p.m. The show will also feature Elvis Perkins, Trapper Schoepp and ?surprise special guests,? and will include a silent auction. Stinson, who is also a current member of Soul Asylum, will showcase songs from his terrific solo album, One Man Mutiny, released on his own Done to Death label in 2011. For more information, visit www.tommystinson.com and www.helsinkihudson.com.

http://www.hudsonvalleyalmanacweekly.com/2012/04/09/guns-n-roses-tommy-stinson-kicks-off-haiti-benefit-tour-in-his-own-hudson-on-april-10/

Excellent reporting as usual.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: