Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:24:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Guns n Roses canceled Euro dates in 2001
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns n Roses canceled Euro dates in 2001  (Read 2963 times)
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« on: February 24, 2012, 03:15:15 PM »

Is it true that Guns n Roses canceled all Euro dates in 2001?I didn't know they planed Euro tour in 2001.Just read it on wikipedia.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 03:28:57 PM by bolton » Logged
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 03:21:39 PM »

yep supposly they were booked without axl's knowledge and they were justified saying that Buckethead had internal bleeding after a disease

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 03:22:16 PM »

Is it true that Guns n Roses canceled all Euro dates in 2001?I didn't know they planed Euro tour in 2001.Just read it on wikipedia.

You might want to change the thread title. You're gonna alarm the shit out of some people assuming it's the dates coming up. Also, it was 2004 this happened.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 03:26:29 PM »

as we can see on wikipedia they booked stadium in munchen.that were 2001,after rock in rio
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 03:34:57 PM »

as we can see on wikipedia they booked stadium in munchen.that were 2001,after rock in rio

Exactly. It was 2001. I was living in Germany at the time and had tickets for the Berlin show at the Waldbuehne. They canceled because Buckethead was having internal bleeding.

I think the only thing they canceled in 2004 was Rock in Lisbon. That time it was b/c Buckethead had actually left the band.

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 03:40:35 PM »

Exactly. It was 2001. I was living in Germany at the time and had tickets for the Berlin show at the Waldbuehne. They canceled because Buckethead was having internal bleeding.

I think the only thing they canceled in 2004 was Rock in Lisbon. That time it was b/c Buckethead had actually left the band.
cool...how did ticket selling go in GErmany in 2001?I except more Germany dates in 2012
Nightfall
The Evil Dutchess
VIP

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 03:43:40 PM »

i got a fax on work about the cancelled tour.

and the correct way is: they planned to tour europe in the summer, that got "rescheduled" to the winter due to Bucketheads health. the rescheduled tour "apperantly" was never communicated with Axl.

hard to swallow to have a tour cancelled and at the day they where supposed to have the 1st european show Axl announced that they have been stuck in the studios for to long and will do some shows (vegas)....they could have been in Europe..., i'll tell you it was a lot warmer then NYC a couple of weeks ago Tongue

Nightfall On Tour 2012:
NY: Februari 10 & 12
France: June 5, 11, 14 & 19
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2012, 03:48:16 PM »

Yep, it happened, it was a long time ago...

I had bought a ticket for the London show but then I got a letter from ticketmaster I think... I still have it somewhere here...

They did the tour a year later...

Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2012, 03:49:55 PM »

cool...how did ticket selling go in GErmany in 2001?I except more Germany dates in 2012

I remember there being some kind of ticket brokering service in the Alexanderplatz Bahnhof in Berlin. They were actually nice enough to refund my ticket- which I promptly turned around and spent on Berliner Philharmoniker tickets.  hihi

Living in the US now and am headed to the upcoming show in Orlando. Would be great to actually see Guns in Germany someday though. Looks like they might have a have a few German dates in 2012! ok

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2012, 03:59:18 PM »

i got a fax on work about the cancelled tour.

and the correct way is: they planned to tour europe in the summer, that got "rescheduled" to the winter due to Bucketheads health. the rescheduled tour "apperantly" was never communicated with Axl.

hard to swallow to have a tour cancelled and at the day they where supposed to have the 1st european show Axl announced that they have been stuck in the studios for to long and will do some shows (vegas)....they could have been in Europe..., i'll tell you it was a lot warmer then NYC a couple of weeks ago Tongue

That's right. Forgot about the "re-scheduling" to Fall/Winter bit w/o Axl knowing. There was also 9/11 that happened in and around that time and as I recall a few "overseas" (from an American perspective anyway) tours got canceled until people could understand what the hell was going on...

Guns did make it to Europe in '02 though- and that was cool. beer

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2012, 04:56:40 PM »

Would of been a great tour if it went ahead...

We would most probably have more footage of Tobias with GN'R, as well as performances of Oh My God. I actually have the huge poster advertising the UK concert dates, and these are the dates that are on there.

Sunday 10th June at London Arena
Tuesday 12th June at Glasgow SECC
Wednesday 13th June at Manchester Evening News Arena
Thursday 14th June at Birmingham NEC

So those would have been the UK dates, but I know that there was a ton of European dates as well.....such a shame it never materialised.  Undecided
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 04:59:24 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
wadey
Legend

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2012, 03:34:19 PM »

i just sold my 2001 tour flyer on ebay, i also booked a manchester ticket  through ticketmaster and then got a refund.
i saw them year after at the leeds fest  ok

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: