Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:46:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Official GN'R fan club at gunsnroses.com
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official GN'R fan club at gunsnroses.com  (Read 159086 times)
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #160 on: February 22, 2012, 07:06:48 AM »

I'm certainly not paying a dime for a fanclub or a forum, but i do understand that usually bands do it for the fans.

It's great to see that the band is finally evolving after all these years.  ok

Oh My God i cant deny this...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #161 on: February 22, 2012, 10:54:41 AM »

help i`m confused got a e mail with a code to register on the forum but it keeps saying there`s a problem  but doesnt high light what the problem is! if i`m already registered to get up dates does that mean i click the existing account or redeem code and register i`ve tried both but as i`m useless at these things can someone guide me through it thanks in advance ok

The same thing happened to me and for some reason I had to reset my password since I already had a free account.  Then after I did that it gave me the prompt to enter the 30 day free trial code and it worked.  Try that.  Hope this helps.

I can tell you why (maybe)

If you have a relatively long (I think over 8 character) password...whenever you go to your profile to make changes, and save them...it truncates your password back to 8 characters.  I ran into it the day I signed up....had to change my email addy after I signed up and couldn't figure out why my PW wouldn't work.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
richwoman
VIP

« Reply #162 on: February 22, 2012, 11:06:08 AM »

help i`m confused got a e mail with a code to register on the forum but it keeps saying there`s a problem  but doesnt high light what the problem is! if i`m already registered to get up dates does that mean i click the existing account or redeem code and register i`ve tried both but as i`m useless at these things can someone guide me through it thanks in advance ok

The same thing happened to me and for some reason I had to reset my password since I already had a free account.  Then after I did that it gave me the prompt to enter the 30 day free trial code and it worked.  Try that.  Hope this helps.
Thanks i managed to do it purely by a fluke after i`d posted for help ok

If you have a relatively long (I think over 8 character) password...whenever you go to your profile to make changes, and save them...it truncates your password back to 8 characters.  I ran into it the day I signed up....had to change my email addy after I signed up and couldn't figure out why my PW wouldn't work.

richwoman
VIP

« Reply #163 on: February 22, 2012, 11:08:56 AM »

Thanks i managed to do it purely by a fluke after i`d posted for help ok

oops told you i`m rubbish at computers i did manage to do it thanks Cheesy
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #164 on: February 22, 2012, 01:42:52 PM »

but this place (HTGTH) is so much tidier n easier to navigate!!!! HTGTH has always been top dog of the forums  ok

Thank you for your kind words. Smiley

/jarmo

I would -1 him for sucking up.

ok

Jealous Cotis?  rofl

The administrators have a thing or two to learn there....BUT, it is cool to be member of the OFFICIAL board. And it was good enough when a mediocre user found out a thing or two about the navigation.

And thanks for accepting me as a friend Jarmo.....

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #165 on: February 22, 2012, 02:03:35 PM »

this place (HTGTH) is so much tidier n easier to navigate!!!! HTGTH has always been top dog of the forums  ok

Thanks.  I haven't viewed the message board there so that's good to know, and that's what I expected.

my point is, HTGTH would have made the perfect "official forum"

I would agree.

i have to say, the new official forum is cool with band members dropping in to chat every day (spoke to bumble today)

They should post over here as well. Smiley

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #166 on: February 22, 2012, 02:19:29 PM »

Perhaps...I just chalked it up to me trying to do it half asleep!  Once I managed to rest it I was able to put my code in and set up a profile and send some requests out.
richwoman
VIP

« Reply #167 on: February 22, 2012, 02:23:55 PM »

^^ the only thing i can`t work out is how you find your profile to alter or add a picture entered the contest to win a signed poster though and sent a friend request to Axl lol  Wink
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #168 on: February 22, 2012, 02:32:29 PM »

^^ the only thing i can`t work out is how you find your profile to alter or add a picture entered the contest to win a signed poster though and sent a friend request to Axl lol  Wink

You just have to poke around in the account section.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #169 on: February 22, 2012, 05:36:04 PM »

I'm certainly not paying a dime for a fanclub or a forum, but i do understand that usually bands do it for the fans.

Thank you for your valuable input.

I'm pretty sure the fan club isn't aimed at people like yourself.  Smiley

If it was, maybe the name would be the "I pretend not to like the band on the Internet, but when the band comes to my town I like to hang out by the tour buses hoping to meet the members, of the band I tell everyone on the Internet that I don't like" club.

Now that would be aimed at you!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #170 on: February 22, 2012, 05:48:32 PM »

If it was, maybe the name would be the "I pretend not to like the band on the Internet, but when the band comes to my town I like to hang out by the tour buses hoping to meet the members, of the band I tell everyone on the Internet that I don't like" club.

/jarmo

What is the link for this one? I know a few of those people I need to get signed up!
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #171 on: February 23, 2012, 09:26:08 AM »

/jarmo

Again and again... you're completely wrong!
I do like the new band... not as much as the original band, but i do like them... i have liked any line up so far. They all had good moments and good things to watch.

I Just don't like FAN clubs... I like uncensored and unofficial websites instead. When you have a house and a car to pay, it doesn't make sense to buy a membership to use a forum... when you can have the same kind of thing for free... It's called being responsible, and not spending money in things that don't really have any crucial effect in your life. That's all...

And yeah... i think the Old band is much better than the new one in every way... so... sue me...

That doesn't mean i don't like the new band... i'm actually very curious about this new band's music and the unreleased stuff that is still waiting to come out.

I could be more curious  Grin but i'm still curious for about 50% of it  hihi beer

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #172 on: February 23, 2012, 11:21:26 AM »

Amazing. You said something positive about them.

But you had to put them down at the same time.

Many of us here like Guns N' Roses. There's no old, new or in between. We always liked and supported GN'R.

Also, many of us have no interest in what the rest of the world thinks of the band. If they prefer Lady Gaga, it doesn't matter.  We're not interested in the negativity and shit talking in the name of "freedom of speech". Just because something is printed and/or published doesn't automatically make it interesting or the truth. Just because somebody says something negative, it's gotta be true but if somebody says something positive, it's just somebody kissing ass. Funny how that works.

I know we're all different, and for some people it's more interesting to hang around people who make themselves feel more important by ridiculing their favorite band, spread lies about them and just act like a bunch of Debbie Downers at all times.

Kiss

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #173 on: February 23, 2012, 11:52:00 AM »

Amazing. You said something positive about them.

But you had to put them down at the same time.

Many of us here like Guns N' Roses. There's no old, new or in between. We always liked and supported GN'R.

Also, many of us have no interest in what the rest of the world thinks of the band. If they prefer Lady Gaga, it doesn't matter.  We're not interested in the negativity and shit talking in the name of "freedom of speech". Just because something is printed and/or published doesn't automatically make it interesting or the truth. Just because somebody says something negative, it's gotta be true but if somebody says something positive, it's just somebody kissing ass. Funny how that works.

I know we're all different, and for some people it's more interesting to hang around people who make themselves feel more important by ridiculing their favorite band, spread lies about them and just act like a bunch of Debbie Downers at all times.

Kiss

/jarmo

What's your point?
I agree with all of that.... this band is awesome! I saw them Live in Lisbon.. i met them in Lisbon, they're awesome! I just like the old band era a little bit better

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #174 on: February 23, 2012, 12:17:07 PM »

The point is that "uncensored" forums don't work.

It's an illusion.

I had a completely unmoderated message board back in the day. Because the software lacked that feature.

And what happened? The assholes spammed and flooded it with their shit.

Same thing happens every fucking time.

How "uncensored" is it really? As soon as one person is banned for doing something that violates the "rules" of a forum, it's not exactly uncensored is it? One person's voice was silenced.

As soon as a group of meat heads attack somebody who doesn't subscribe to their way of thinking and bully that person out of the forum, that person's voice has been silenced. How is that uncensored?

Stop fooling yourself. For you "uncensored" means nobody tells you you're full of shit and let's you go on and on with your negative bullshit.
It's not "uncensored", it's just aimed at a different kind of people.

/jarmo

stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #175 on: February 23, 2012, 12:44:41 PM »

Joined the fan club, paid for the premium membership http://www.gunsnroses.com/users/stvyrayvhn

lostdream
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #176 on: February 24, 2012, 04:02:16 AM »

Can anyone tell me about the shipping costs (to Austria) for the fanclub items?
I?d like to know the costs before signing up? Thanks!  Smiley

...We take for granted we know the whole story. We judge a book by its cover and read what we want between selected lines...
StoneTempleRoses
Rocker

Axl Was Here

« Reply #177 on: February 24, 2012, 04:10:06 AM »

I'm loving the month trial there. The only thing I don't like is that you can't skip ahead pages of a thread. I might subscribe as this month wears on...

illusionone
VIP

I never wanted you to be so full of anger. . . .

« Reply #178 on: February 25, 2012, 03:36:46 PM »

The point is that "uncensored" forums don't work.

It's an illusion.

I had a completely unmoderated message board back in the day. Because the software lacked that feature.

And what happened? The assholes spammed and flooded it with their shit.

Same thing happens every fucking time.

How "uncensored" is it really? As soon as one person is banned for doing something that violates the "rules" of a forum, it's not exactly uncensored is it? One person's voice was silenced.

As soon as a group of meat heads attack somebody who doesn't subscribe to their way of thinking and bully that person out of the forum, that person's voice has been silenced. How is that uncensored?

Stop fooling yourself. For you "uncensored" means nobody tells you you're full of shit and let's you go on and on with your negative bullshit.
It's not "uncensored", it's just aimed at a different kind of people.

/jarmo

I personally prefer a well moderated board such as this forum rather than some of the others.  There is not one thread on the other major GNR site that is not loaded with BS and people posting to aggravate. I really don;t understnad the point and I question if the people posting are even real fans

Wake up. . . .time to die
beta
B12
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #179 on: February 27, 2012, 06:50:59 AM »

/jarmo

Again and again... you're completely wrong!
I do like the new band... not as much as the original band, but i do like them... i have liked any line up so far. They all had good moments and good things to watch.

I Just don't like FAN clubs... I like uncensored and unofficial websites instead. When you have a house and a car to pay, it doesn't make sense to buy a membership to use a forum... when you can have the same kind of thing for free... It's called being responsible, and not spending money in things that don't really have any crucial effect in your life. That's all...

And yeah... i think the Old band is much better than the new one in every way... so... sue me...

That doesn't mean i don't like the new band... i'm actually very curious about this new band's music and the unreleased stuff that is still waiting to come out.

I could be more curious  Grin but i'm still curious for about 50% of it  hihi beer

Jarmo, I agree with you.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: